Walmart vs. K-Mart

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Wormie2, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney Jedi Master

star 4
  2. JediMaster22 Jedi Knight

star 8
    Target STILL has the prettiest girls I've encountered :)
  3. Shi-Bandarr Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I totally agree with you there JM. Absolutely lovely scenery. :D

But, the Target here in my town (which is about 90,000 people so there's plenty of competition), is always overpriced and understocked. You can never find anything that you want and if you do it's only a few blocks to Wal-Mart to get it cheaper. It's also a "Super Target", which one would think that you could find anything you want, but no. They have groceries, but it's all name brand stuff and very expensive. The only good thing is that it has a Starbucks, which is awesome just before class in the morning. :)

Wal-Mart rules when it comes to their pricing. Of course I still don't go there because of the magnitude of idiocy and wall to wall patrons, but when I make my wife go, she always tells me how much she saved. :D
  4. Mike_Mothma Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Target and Wal-Mart have never had a car named after it though, and K-Mart has!! It was called the K car, and it was made by Chrysler (Plymouth Reliant and Dodge Aries).

Besides, who could forget that famous line from Rainman?

"Tell the man what you think of K-Mart Ray."

"K-Mart sucks."
  5. JediMaster22 Jedi Knight

star 8
    There is NO Denying K-mart is a Big chain, it's just Bad management I think, poor stocks, prices too high and store not the cleanest (You can't be Bad at BOTH)

It just sucked it's way to Bankrupcy!
  6. JediFarfy Jedi Master

star 4
    Dang! You need to come to my Target! I've been there for jsut over 4 months and so far, it's the best. The only reason we're out of stuff is because it's so inexpensive and goes fast.

There's a K-Mart down the road and I've had guest (not customers!) tell me that they went to K-Mart and got crappy treatment and they didn't even have the stuff. Our K-Mart is really ghetto. There's usually some people who like they'd fit into a gang hanging outside. My mom went there 2 years ago and got so disgusted at the treatment and the state of the store (I've never seen anyone cleaning stuff up) that she left and never went back.

Wal-marts 30 minutes away, so we never go. I don't want to anyways.

GO TARGET! :D EVERYONE SHOP AT TARGET (so I can make more money). They don't pay the best, but our store is incredibly clean. We have to stay after for as long as it takes to clean up the store (wrap stuff up, fold, tape boxes closed, put stuff away, etc...) Usually 2 hours or less.

Ok, I'm rambling...

edit--And no matter where you live, you'll get all the different languages. In any given day, I hear at least 5 (that I know of): English, Spanish, Chinese (and other Asian languages), Arabic, and Russian. (that's how diverse my area is).

JediFarfy
  7. JediMaster22 Jedi Knight

star 8
    I DO love Target more than Wal(K)-mart, it seems SO clean, and nice!

Kmart was expected by experts to close business eventually in the future.

K-mart has Changed VERY Little in the last ten years.

It barely stays in business, but service, goods, and looks just Stinks!!

and there is Enron Crisis, cause a lot of people losing money in big stocks, including Bush's grandmother. (But that's totally another Topic)
  8. Crimson Jedi Master

star 4
    [rainman]K-mart sucks...K-mart sucks[/rainman]
  9. JediMaster22 Jedi Knight

star 8
    Oh, and K-mart had Rosie O'Donnel...

Target had many celebrities sponsoring, and I think it's kinda interesting to find out if Natalie really shops Wal-mart.
  10. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Well, K-Mart just filed bankruptcy. Walmart has nice old people who say hi and give you stickers. Plus Walmart always has more Star Wars action figures. So I'm going to have to vote for Walmart.
  11. Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I say: Shop CVS! We're turning into K/Wal Mart. We now stock pillows and other home needs. Remember that at CVS we care. Just please have your Extracare card ready when you get to the checkout. It'll save you and me a headache.
  12. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Where I live there is no Target or K-Mart.So my choice is Walmart.

Walmart has a pretty good toy department and the dvd's are usually cheap.
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I hope that the Walmart near you is one of those super Walmarts.
  14. Bossk_BountyHunter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Its a really big Walmart.They even have a McDonald's in it.
  15. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I apologize if this has been done, but: "Shop smart, shop s-mart."

Truthfully, I've NEVER been in either a Wal- or K-mart.
  16. B'omarr Jedi Master

star 6
    Look at me! I'm K-mart!

//goes bankrupt
  17. JediMaster22 Jedi Knight

star 8
    Hey, I am S-mart...

You gonna shop at my store?

Cool, bring it On ;)
  18. Mitt Jedi Knight

star 6
    Dark_Lord_Erik, you forgot to mention that CVS also gets new products before most other chains.

There is no Wal-Mart near me, its about 45 minutes away. The K-Mart is closer but its a K-Mart....not even sure its still there.....on the other hand, theres about 5 CVS's that are a lot closer.

A friend of mine worked for Wal-Mart and had to quit because they kept having him work till midnight and return at 5am.

Wal-Mart did try to build in my town, but we kept them away, they spoil local buisnesses by lowering their prices, while upping prices at other stores out of the area, until they drive out the competion.

You know what went in where the Wal-Mart was suppose to go? A whole freaking neighborhood!!!
  19. Zephyr Xux Jedi Master

star 4
    I disagree about Wal-mart having friendly old people. At the one I usually go to the greeters are always grouchy and give me dirty looks.

And they never ask me if I want a buggy. :mad:
  20. FAsmus Jedi Youngling

I HATE Wall-Mart!

Darn Bourgeoisie, Pro-Choice, Yuppie joint!

I'll never spend another dime in the place!
  21. R2RNOT Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I [face_love] Target. It's nice and clean and they don't have all of that crap in the middle of the aisle. Their commercials are way better than Wal-Mart's too. 8-}
  22. Blue_10 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Eye crust to phlem? Hmmm... phlem is by far worse. K-mart just like phlem is worse. Howver they do have slighlty better prices and no one ever goes to the one nearest me so I can usually find what I want. K-mart is worse though.
  23. Holocron_Collector Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Can't say anything about Target, never been to one. Kmart always has more SW figures than Walmart, but Walmart has people greeters and thats just too cool.

HC
  24. tenorjedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Good lord I avoid Wal-Mart and K-Mart like the plauge. Especially during Christmas time. I have nicknamed Wal-Mart "hell", so when I tell you to go to hell you can imagine the pergatory I've sending you too.

I refuse to waste 2 hours of my life to save $.75 on a $50 item, slash prices all you want, I'll just pick up my stuff at the grocrey store.

As for K-mart, I'm surprised it took this long.
  25. icqfreak Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I worked at the wal-mart in my town for over 2 years, and another month over xmas break. It's the only store in our town of that type, but I've been to all the rest. wal-mart does seem to have the best prices, especially for dvd's and cd's other then a major electronics store like best buy. the workers seem friendlier and our wal-mart is exceptionally clean, customers come from other town just to go to our wal-mart because we're so clean, and because we're in stock more since we're in a small town. but i'd have to agree with the dark side of wal-mart, they really don't treat employees real well, and they constantly want payroll cuts, not to mention their wages and raises are pathetic, at least at my store. as for sw toys, i've always found shopko to have the biggest selection, which no one has mentioned yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.