main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanna see the OT on the big screen again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Sache8, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am certainly going.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I'm still up for this...always a pleasure to get to see OT on the big screen! I highly recommend any of you guys who were too young/not interested back then to go see it (it's really cool...no matter how many times you've seen it on TV or VHS)

3. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Just thought I'd chime in here. I'm in Dayton and plan on coming up for the day to see this marvel of a movie set. I've seen ANH and ESB in the theater on re-release but not ROTJ. Can't wait to see them again. It'd be cool to come up and meet some folks there. You'd all have to dress up like stormtroopers though so I can recognize ya. :)

Jake

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Are you all really going to dress up?
    This is my first time on this section of the site.
    I live in Akron and the film fest sounds like fun.

When I went to TPM opening night 12:01 a.m. showing in Columbus, I dressed up as Queen Amidala with face paint and everything.

This year for AOTC I went to the 12:05 a.m. showing at Valley View. I went at Mara Jade (of course).

I'd like some more details on your plans, if possible.

5. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Welcome to the JKOC Jade-Walker! :)

I don't know about our plans for this, but dressing up does sound like fun.

I live in Wadsworth, and go to the University of Akron, and when I found out that I missed SW when it was at the theater in the student center, I vowed that if I ever got the chance to see the movies again, I would, and I'm so going.

6. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Since we have little over a week to do this, who is going to the Akron Civic Theater for the OT showing? Who needs a ride...who needs tickets? (they are on sale now) There is a group rate for 20 people...I'm not going through that again...everyone is responsible for purchasing their own tickets. If the "younglings" need some assistance, let myself (or anyone else willing to get paid at the theater) for assistance.

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92

7. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JJJ

8. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I was checking the site out. Are all the tickets general admission? Seemed odd to me that they would have a seating chart along with ticket info.

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Are all the tickets general admission? Seemed odd to me that they would have a seating chart along with ticket info.

Yes, it looks like tickets are all general admission. When you click on the button that allows you to pick a seat, it just says general admission.

I'll call the box office later today at work if I have time and get more information.

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I called the box office at the theater. Yes, it's general admission.

You can buy tickets at the B.O. M-F 11am-5:30pm, or over the phone (330-253-2488) during the same hours for $3 fee, or online for I think a $2.25 fee. The guy at the box office did say, however, that last time that they showed SW at the theater like this a lot of people tried to buy their tickets the day of the show and the line was a couple of blocks long! [face_shocked]

I know downtown Akron rather well. If any of you Clevelanders need directions, just let me know.

By the way, who thinks that they're going?

11. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Here is a list of people that are going:

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash
    Padawan92
    JJJ

I'm getting tickets for me, Krash and Em today when I go into Akron U to pay my bill. (Plus, I gotta find it too... [face_plain])

12. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Thanks, Jade. I'll probably be going. Although I reserve the right to bring a Walkman to listen to football on the radio.

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    JJJ,
    It's on Main just north of State Street (or north of the Aeros stadium if you prefer). I believe that it's on the west side of the street. The address # is 182.

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    New info!

My mom called the b.o., and they told her that it was a $3 over the phone per order. On the net, it is so much per ticket, plus some charge that ticketmaster gives you. If you go in person, no charge, just $6. (Dunno if that is any ticketmaster, probably just theirs.)

Thanks Jade. I'll find it. My mom is coming with me now, because we have to get a part for our furnace in Akron. She knew it was north of Canal Park, but she didn't know how far. (All I know is that it is downtown; I onlyreally have gone as far west as Polsky, and that far north, and I haven't even been down there in a few months...)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Thanks JJJ, Emily and I appreciate you picking them up for us. I hate service charges, but driving down there isn't an option this week either.

Jade-Walker, if you're looking for a Fanforce to hang out with...you're more then welcome to join us?

Candii, and anyone else in the Parma area...I'll have 2 seats open in "Moya" (my car) for anyone who wants to carpool down there. Has anyone seen BMack? Does he know about this? What about "the TBX gang" haven't seen you guys for a while.

16. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Geoff and Em, you owe my mom $12. She is also coming.

I asked the guy when I got the tickets what version they are showing.....

THE ORIGINALS.

Cool huh? He said that they doors open at 1, seating begins at 1:30. I'm so wearing a costume. :D I'm also going to get there early.

17. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    OK Guys, I know I'm new here and everything, but please forgive me for getting off-topic. I'm just too excited to not post this:

GO BUCKEYES!!!

:D

18. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    My youngling and I will be present.

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I agree. :)

You want to enjoy my excitement, go over to the Go Steelers thread. *mumbles at the fact that there is a thread dedicated to the Steelers in our forum...* :D

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I wanna go to this thing, but I have a stupid question. When are you all going?

21. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    The 12th of January (Sunday), 2pm, at the New Civic Theatre in Akron.

22. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    JJJ,
    You want to enjoy my excitement, go over to the Go Steelers thread. *mumbles at the fact that there is a thread dedicated to the Steelers in our forum...

Um, don't you live in Cleveland? ;)

23. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Darn, can't do it. My finances are tighter than a Force choke hold right now. I thought this thing went until June or something...maybe I'll just go some other time... [face_plain]

24. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Jade-Walker, if you're looking for a Fanforce to hang out with...you're more then welcome to join us?

Thanks! I just checked with my husband and he didn't mind me going (especially since I told him that he didn't have to go if he didn't want to). I'll probably get my tickets Tuesday.

I have access to free parking at Children's Hospital right around the corner from the theater. I know you all don't know me from Nom Anor, but if anyone wanted to meet up to save on parking...

25. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Hiya Cleveland people!

It would be really cool to see again on the big screen, but if it is the 12th, thats the day after our big Lifeday party and I don't know how many of the Pittsburgh folks would then be up for a road trip.

And since I can never resist throwing my two credits in

ANH -- clueless about the name of the movie theater since I was only seven at the time

ESB -- Showcase Cinema West, closest theater that to home that had ESB when it opened, a half hour drive that my parents made to indulge my obsession

ROJ -- South Hills Village, first showing opening day.

TPM -- Showcase Cinema East, midnight showing.

AOTC -- Loews Waterfront with my fellow Steel City Jedi Knights. Midnight showing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.