main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanna see the OT on the big screen again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Sache8, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    That would be telling. :D

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    This path has been placed before you...

Well guys, I bought an adult ticket for me and a child's ticket for my brother... but my dad just realized that my little brother has a game on Sunday at 2:10. He honestly doesn't care if my brother goes to the movies or to the game, so it's up to my brother to decide what he'll do. So in the event that he's not coming, just giving you a heads up. :_|

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That's alright Eric...padawans have a way of doing things their master wouldn't expect; believe me, I know from experience. That's part of what makes being a mentor a challenge! In fact, I welcome those kinds of moments...it's how a padawan becomes their own person.

Just so I can post something on the Fanforce news page, we're still meeting in the lobby of the Children's Hospital??? If the doors open around 1:00pm...what time should we get there?

JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash (jedi costume)
    Padawan92 (costume TBA)
    JarJarJedi (and "Mom")
    Jade-Walker
    Random
    Random's youngling ?
    Don (with costume?)

I'm going to be away from my computer for most of Friday and Saturday (I'll check back late Saturday). For now, Candii...expect us to pick you up around 10:30AM

4. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Krash,
    There are a couple of lobbies in Children's Hospital and it would get confusing.

I thought that the glassed-in section of the Bowery parking deck for Children's (where the elevators are for the parking structure) would be better. It is well-lit, open and warm there, and there is a decent amount of room. (Instructions to the garage on previous page).

It's up to you, Krash, just let the rest of us know.
    Sorry for the confusion.

Jade

5. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    expect us to pick you up around 10:30AM

Told you he gets to everything hours early. Unless you drive real slow, you'll be getting there with about an hour an forty five minutes to spend standing around waiting for the theater to open. :p

6. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I have no clue when I will be arriving. A lot will depend on whether or not I am picking up my brother... and luckily I got out of sitting office hours on Sunday, and am sitting Saturday, so I can make it. (I was worried that I might not make it after purchasing the tickets, which would have been "Not good." even though that was grammatically incorrect, hehe)

7. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Leaving Parma around 10:30 a.m.?
    Yikes! You'll get there way before noon (unless you're like my friend and get hopelessly lost evey time!). I'll get there earlier so that if people get there early, I can send them over to get in line!

BTW--the meeting place in the glassed-in portion of the garage is on the street level.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Leaving Parma around 10:30 a.m.?
    Not exactly, that's when I'm planning on getting to Candii's house; after saying "hi" to the folks and all...we'll probably be on the road closer to 11. Plus, with the weather we're supposed to be getting...I want plenty of time for driving (everyone else...be very careful)

the glassed-in section of the Bowery parking deck for Children's (where the elevators are for the parking structure) would be better. Sounds like a plan to me!!! That's the meeting place, I'll assume we'll meet on the ground floor?

Those of you who have my cell phone #...feel free to use it if you're lost. If you don't have it...PM me and I'll give it to you Saturday evening.

Then, once we get down there, I have to find this place...park...be there at the meeting place for everyone to find (I'm a CR, that's what we do)...and get a good place in line (we're SW fans, that's what we do). So getting there a bit early, doesn't sound like a bad idea.

(100% unfamiliar with this place) When they say "doors open" do you think they'll keep us outside...or just inside the lobby, but not enter the theater until 1:00? I'd recommend everyone make sure they have something warm to wear outside (that goes for everyone in costume) Good thing my leather coat is brown and will go with the jedi costume (I'm trading in my "bath robe" for something more stylish!)

9. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'll assume we'll meet on the ground floor?

Actually, street level. (level 2 I think)

10. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    Does anyone know if tickets will be available that same day at the door? Because of my Mom's continuing health problems, I won't be able to commit for sure until Sunday.

11. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    They said tickets were available last time, but the line was long. Obviously your mom is more important then any movie.

12. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Geoff (or anyone), if you want my cell #, just in case (maybe if you can't find me), PM me and I'll give it to you.

13. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I can finally say that I'll be there. I won't be meeting at the hospital though. Gotta come from church and also get something to eat. We've got our tickets taken care of. But if you wanna save us some choice seats.... O:) ;) :)

I'll check back here tomorrow night, but for now I'm gonna be wearing a dark brown skirt, and a short sleeve shirt with brown and tan stripes. Also a dark gray, double-breasted pea coat, and a fuzzy white hat. And here is my picture.

Let me know where I can look for you guys, and I'll check back in :)

(Oh, add Sache + 2 friends to the list :))

14. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I would love to go, but sitting that long in theater-style seats just isn't possible for me. Not with four very large screws holding my hip together. I'll just have to watch the OT at home, on my couch, and pretend I'm there. Hope you all have fun. :)

15. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    All I know is if I don't get a good seat I will be angry! :mad: :mad: :mad:

16. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    *sigh*

My brother's not coming.

If anyone is bringing along someone who is 12 or under and doesn't have a ticket for them, I'll sell you it, ok?

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    JKOC/OT Akron Event:
    Krash (jedi costume)
    Padawan92 (costume TBA)
    Candii (and friends?)
    JarJarJedi (robes?)
    PadawanPadme "Mom" (robes?)
    Jade-Walker
    Random (RoP costume?)
    Don (with costume?)
    Sache8 (and friends)
    corranhornjje (from Dayton)

Haven't checked the Pittsburgh or Columbus threads yet...but for now, this is everyone I know of. Candii and company are riding with Padawan and myself. I PM my cell phone number to everyone who requested it. Everyone be careful driving, the weather was much better then in Pa./NY area (where I was Saturday) but I don't want anyone rushing to get down there. Hope to meet everyone at either the meeting place...or in line!!!

18. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    Sorry to hear that Eric, we were looking forward to meeting him finally.

19. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to say I had a great time and thanks for saving me a seat. :)

I hope I didn't come off as anti-social, but I didn't want to make my friend feel uncomfortable. It was very cool getting to see everyone. First time I've ever met internet people in RL.

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    You're welcome Sache. I do hope that we will see more of you though at future events/meetings. :)

21. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Sache and Jade-Walker, I found you both to be cool. And Sache, it's understandable that you want to make your friend feel comfortable. I could tell she felt a little out of place when she said "I'm normal," which I took to mean, not hardcore about SW like we are. But it was nice to meet you all, and I look forward to you gals coming to more events.

22. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Oh boy! Eric made himself wide open for that joke... But I'll behave

Forn ow...

-b-

23. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    It's OK, Sache. Meeting new people is tough sometimes, I know. I second what Cindy said, I hope both you and Kim come hang out with us again sometime.

Edit: has anyone heard from Geoff, Emily or Candace yet? I think they may have gotten lost trying to navigate all the one-way streets trying to get home. Last I saw they were zigging when I think they should have been zagging. I expect they'll be calling from Cincinnati asking for directions home. [face_laugh]

24. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Geez Don... I got lost on my way home too... I couldn't for the life of me find a way back to 77 North! I knew I'd be fine once I found it... but luckily a Bowery Hospital security officer was navigating the area and I asked her for directions back to the freeway. I might have missed my first day of classes for this new semester if not for that officer!

25. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Nope, we didn't get lost. I have a good time and I really enjoyed meeting Kim and everyone else, even though Kim was really the only one I got to talk to. Thanks for that heads up about Han and that bar. I can't believe I never noticed that before. And, just so you know, even though Megan was really bummed out about not being able to come, she was well rewarded at the talent show. She won 1st place, and I heard that the piece she did was really good. Hopefully I can get a copy of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.