main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanna see the OT on the big screen again?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Sache8, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Han and what bar? That something like 3PO slipping when Luke finds Leia's message or the stormtrooper hitting his head?

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks for that heads up about Han and that bar. I can't believe I never noticed that before

LOL [face_laugh]
    You were so quiet when I said it, I though you may have been offended!

Inside joke, Don! Sorry, girls only. ;)

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    That was SO much fun. I kept talking about it to everyone today and showing them my ticket and most of them looked at me and asked why I went all the way to Akron to see three movies, but other then that most of my friends who like Star Wars thought it was cool! :D

4. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I also had a nice time talking to you Emily during intermission when everyone else was gone. :)

5. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    Yeah, and EVERYONE kept me from my 15 minute sleeps!!!! :mad:

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sache8 and Kim...thanks for meeting up with us. Always a pleasure to meet new SW fans (and their friends)! Hope to see more of you at our future meeting/events.

Jake, anytime you're coming to the Cleveland area...let us know. I know you mentioned you've spent time with Cincy and Columbus...but you'll always have a place with us!

I really had a great time, not only is it rare to watch OT on the big screen; plus I've never watched a movie from the balcony of a theater (kinda had that 1950's feel to the place).

And for the record, no...we got home just fine (Kim gave me great directions back to the freeway) Eric, had I known you didn't know where to go...I'd let you follow us (I paused to let you catch up...but you never moved)

7. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    We didn't get lost. :D :p

I had a fun time. I don't think I have ever sat down and watched all three movies in one sitting. (Well, one day that is.)

Em, hey, it's your fault that you didn't get enough sleep the day before! :p

8. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Geoff, I had some food in my car that I probably should have brought to the theater, but didn't... so I was eating it in my car after the show. Had I not been starving, I would've followed you guys out. But ultimately, I got home safely, so it's all good. But I appreciate the gesture anyway.

9. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I saw a guy bring in a big bag of food into the theatre! :eek:

My mom and I stopped at Wendy's on the way home, and then I realize that Alias is on, and of course, I forgot to set the VCR... got to catch the end of it though.

10. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    It was nice meeting all of you, too.

It was fun watching and discussing the movies with people who really knew what they were talking about. For once I wasn't the most knowlegeable person viewing!

Hopefully I didn't talk Jake's ear off too much during the show! I'll definitely have to go back and read the Jabba stories and Cantina stories when I'm done with my current reading list.

11. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    You didn't Kim, trust me. Sometimes I wish a person could pause the movie and talk about all the stuff happening at the time. Guess we'll have to watch it on the TV for that. :) I had a blast and made it home safe and sound. All the candy I ate at the show wasn't good on the stomach but I lived.

12. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    BTW, whoever took the pictures, would you be able to e-mail me a copy?

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, I'd appreciate pics too if anyone has them.

14. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    When the roll is done.

I have only 6 pictures taken on the roll, so it might be a little bit. ;)

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Cindy, put me down for a copy of that group picture as well. Plus, can I get a copy of the one from Pittsburgh (group shot and the 3 of us)

Whatever I owe you, we'll settle up at the next meeting.

16. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Kim, you're obviously new. Anyone in this FF who knows me wouldn't have thought twice about me being quite. I almost never say anything in person, but online you can't get me to shut up ;).

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    That's about right, kinda why I thought of you for FF secretary (get you more active in the discussions). Some people are more comfortable talking online (like this) then in person...that's cool!

18. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    I need the pics to put on the website too! :D :D :D

I liked having people who know the movies around to talk to like Geoff and I do when we watch the movie at home! :D

Plus it was not that I didn't get sleep before I was getting some sleep for the Monday! :(

19. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm sorry Em, but that sounded stupid, it doesn't work like that, you can never catch up on sleep.

Besides, even if I wasn't bugging you, others would have been, and you wouldn't have gotten sleep anyways. You just picked a bad time to sleep.

And besides, from what I heard, you were asleep for the last half of ROTJ! :p

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002

[face_shocked]

21. Padawan92

Jan 22, 2001
    First I didn't sleep during the end of ROTJ that is my favorite PART!!! I kept my eyes closed during the beginning of it up until after Jabba. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.