main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Wannabe musicians....

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Sep 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Or those that really CAN play. I decided to get back into playing again, so I drug out my guitars, restrung 'em, and bought an amp. Anyone interested in getting together and makin some noise, drop me a line.

2. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

When I get a(nother) job and have enough money saved up to buy the drum kit I've wanted for over a decade, I'll be glad to help you form part of the Max Rebo Band, Mark . . . I'm quite decent for being self-taught, but I will also take lessons if I can afford them.

And the offer of a free dinner is still open to anyone that can help me find that elusive job . . .

"It's not the mission, Master. It's something elsewhere, elusive . . . "
    -- Obi-Wan Kenobi to Qui-Gon Jinn in Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I can kinda vocalize. Don't know that i would call it singing. Maybe in the loosest sense of the term. I'd be fine for the type of music I'm into, but probably not for what anyone else in OFF is into.

4. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Yeah, just think of Gollum at the forbidden pool singing with the fish and you have Craig. =)

5. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Come on now, I'm a little better than that. Granted, there's a reason they never asked me to be in the choir at church.

6. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    Was it your "Satan Rules" t-shirt?

7. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Come to think of it, it might have been...

8. TK750

TK750 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force...
    As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
    I fear something terrible has happened." - Obi-Wan Kenobi upon hearing the news that the Omaha Fan Force was thinking of getting a band together.

Misty says that she can play guitar as long as there's nothing more complicated than Stairway to Heaven (or something like that) and I play a pretty mean triangle. I had lots of practice in grade school. Or, I could be the guy who puts the tape of the real band into the player while the rest of you lip synch. =)

9. Darth_Tharon

Darth_Tharon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003

Ouch.

Sing, I will not, but Milli Vanilli, I am not. (hee hee hee)

You could be either that, or you could be the waterboy. Or my drum tech. Or security. Or the band's manager (if we wanted to guarantee being a failure).

Can't you play the recorder, or the bongos, or slap that circular shaker-thing against your hip? C'mon, be a team player!

10. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    It needs more cowbell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.