main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Want to be in the films...?

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by edgejedi88, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    I was in Recar at the weekend and noticed this....sounds like fun! Keira eh....[face_love]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/articles/2006/07/13/atonement_extras_feature.shtml

http://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/PressRel.nsf/Published/F94DDDB72D55FB698025712A00421AE8?OpenDocument

Be a star in Redcar
    Working Title Films' adaptation of Ian McEwan's 'Atonement' is being partially filmed in Redcar, and they're looking for extras.

Redcar seafront will be transformed into Dunkirk for the highly anticipated film version of Ian McEwan's bestselling novel, Atonement, which will feature Keira Knightley and James McAvoy in the lead roles.

The stretch of promenade, from the town's Regent Cinema to the boating lake, will become a film set from mid-July to late August when filming will commence.

The Film is mostly set in the 1940?s World War ll period, and the Tallis pictures are looking for men, women and children to take part as extras.

Crowd Assistant Director Candy Marlowe says, ? We need over 1,000 men to play British and French Soldiers!?

?Casting will be based on looks, costume and hair requirements, and many of the period costumes are very limited in size.

?Ideally hair should be a natural colour. For women shoulder length or shorter is best as very long hair is difficult to style.

?Men should leave their hair to grow so that we can cut it into a traditional short back and sides style.

?Filming will take place in Redcar between Monday 21 ? Thursday 24 August, and you don?t need to be available for every day as we can put you in for anything from one day upwards.?

To apply, email dunkirkextras@gmail.com

2. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    I have an application forms for this

If anyone wants a copy please feel free to PM me your email address and I'll send them over [face_peace]

Don't forget - you also need to attached a recent photo with the application form

3. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Strange I was in Redcar On Friday too You cant get away from the posters there everywhere And like Spikey Chris I too have a Number of spare copies of the Appilcation forms (give me your address by PM's and Ill forward them to you )
    Ive already sent mine in (just hope it wasnt in that fire at Pinewood the other day !.)[face_whistling]

As for Film Details http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/24310687/p1/?18 [face_frustrated]

While we Thats me and my other half were walking in Redcar I was thinking we could do a Charity event like A 3 legged walk [face_laugh] from redcar beach to saltburn beach or to Whitby Or just walk it and camp out the odd night!.:)

4. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    It is reported in the Herolden post (Free Newspaper)That the Film extras would be getting £50 per day for filming

5. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    I'VE BEEN PICKED !!!!!!!! [face_dancing]

2 possible 3 days, I have to go in for a uniform fitting tomorrow AND a haircut & shave !!
    that's it now no more Obi-Wan calls ;)

can't wait [face_dancing]

hey Tim, do I get a title for being a film star [face_praying]

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Now theres a suprise...
    <casting crew>wonder who HE looks like....?<casting crew>
    [image=http://www.kaspinet.com/images/Ewan/obi-wan_1.jpg]
    Spike after filming...
    [image=http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2006/05/08/baldman372ready.jpg]
    Well done mate! Be sure to take some pics if you can and give us a report on Keira....

7. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Yay! Well done mate!!! Thats great news!!!! =D= :D

:eek: Noooooooo!!! YOU CAN'T!!!! :_|

But seriously well done! :D

8. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    They didnt pick me :_| Well I can think of better things to do than stand in Redcar sea water (and not Glow afterwards)

9. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *suspends spike_thmid from all charity works*

Without the Obi-Wan look, you're nothing [face_talk_hand] [face_not_talking]

Heh. Nice one mate. Enjoy being an extra.

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Extra what? [face_thinking]

11. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Ive been Picked !!!!!![face_dancing]

I got a phone call at 11.32am This Morning from the Film Company Asking me to come to Redcar Leisure centre for 2pm on Tuesday for my fitting (I was told the filming will be long days and £50 per day - Theres my New Lightsaber then !)

I have to shave (Even tho I have only just started Growing it again as I shaved it off after york)

So the Two Jedi who attended Question Time will be now on the Big screen - things are looking up.

May The Force be With us

12. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I thought you can think of better things to do than stand in Redcar sea water (and not Glow afterwards). :p

13. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    That was until i got picked

14. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    Well I've been fitted up & my hair/beard has been butchered !!

The first thing the woman on the main desk said said to me was "WOW you look like Obi-Wan" (last time I'll hear that for a while) she even came over to me and asked if she could take my photo [face_blush]

I've been put in the "cinema scene" which apparantly will mean I'll on the big screen when the film is released [face_dancing] Got suited up & boy are those uniforms heavy & itchy - not looking forward to getting them wet [face_frustrated] Then off to the stylists (who were fighting over who got to cut my beutiful hair :_|) They decided to make use of my beard and give me an officers look, see below.........

[image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d98/spike_thmid/1ff7b9d4.jpg]

So a week on Monday (21st Aug) all the fun will begin, I've been told to expect long days - most likely a 6am start on the Monday, I'll start a "Spike at the Movies" diary thread when filming starts so you can get the inside info on what it's like - I'll try & smuggle a camera on me too [face_peace]

15. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    That image kind of suits you - Sir Stands to Attention and salutes

16. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, they didn't totally butcher your hair, so it's all good :p

17. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Well Guy's Ive just come back from Redcar I got there at 2pm for my Costume fitting It was 5pm when I got away
    Ok the Details - I play a french Soldier :_| And yes the Kit is heavy and a bit smelly (I think its Oil )

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Chris - phew - you dont look too butchered then mate....gooood. We have plans for you of course....

Dave - great news! Cant wait to hear about your days there - and which sabers you will both be choosing!

19. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Congratulations guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.