main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Want to be on T.V.

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by jedihexer, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Channel 3 is looking for someone from a fan group to be intervied next Thursday, at the station in Madison. I think at 6:30pm.

The problem is I will be at C2-Anyone out there want to help promote the club, and get free video of themselves on T.V.?

P.S.- DON"T WHERE A COSTUME. They want that, but it makes us look likr ...well dorky! (i.e. Jeff's quote.)

It is posted in the Madison rooms-

Eric

2. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Damn... I couldn't make that if I tried (and as you know, Eric, I have no qualms about being on TV - for everyone else's benefit, I used to do a public access show up in Madison that frequently required me to make an @$$ of myself).

I definitely think that someone should go out to Madison, though, and talk about the group. It'd be a helluva way to get a *LOT* more people into it.

Eric - which affiliate is Channel 3? CBS?

Jeff

3. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I just go to the wrong University. If I went to Madison, I'd SO be there. As it is, I'm stuck in SlOshkosh working a slave labor to my classes. *sigh* Sorry I can't and wish I could!

4. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I have no idea why I'm saying this, but I could do it. I love Madison and will use almost any excuse to go West. Do you have any specific information about the whole thing? Mainly I'm wondering if it would be more of a pannel interview or a one on one. Either one would be fine with me.

If this does pan out, I would love any and all ideas of what to say, or more specifically what not to say (thanks for the advice, Bishop76). I am usually pretty good with words, but I'm never above getting help.
    So, let me know. I promise I won't wear anything embarrassing to the group. Any suggestions in that department are more than welcome also.

Catie

5. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I could also possibly drive to Mad town if I knew where to go. I'd have to get a sitter for the kids, but I could do it. Or, Catie, we could maybe hook up and go together. I'm not leaving for Indy until Fri. early morning so this could work. Then there would be two of us to add comments and dialogue. Eric, if you could give specific location, who to meet, etc. and Catie, if you want to PM me about going, we could get something arranged pretty quick w/the info from Eric.

6. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    write to -jrobbins@wisctv.com -and tell him you are interested. It's on the Madison boards.

7. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Well, I've been in contact with the station, and they're looking for the fans who are willing to show up in costume and rant and rave about all that is Star Wars. Okay, sure, that's fine, but it's not me. I'm one of a subdued demeanor and am not keen on perpetuating stereotypes, even when it is for my beloved Star Wars. I have to keep some integrity. So if they're not willing to take me as I am, then to Tartarus with them.

Catie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.