main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Wan't to love the New Film, but the bad eclipses the good.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DrunkenJedi92, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrunkenJedi92

DrunkenJedi92 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2015
    I feel like it was a very shallow and artificial movie with very little originality, too much fan service, disrespect to the PT, likable heroin that turns into a Sue, and this really over the top Nazi thing.

Yet the film is being praised as the second coming of "Empire"!? 95% on rotten tomato's? Did I watch the same movie? I'm very confused. Is this really what the purist fans wanted. A progressive remake of the OT disguised as a sequel that actually insults everything Luke struggled with in the OT.

As a fan of all six movies, I feel really lost.

What I did like:
    I thought Ren was interesting, and it seems like their is plenty of evidence that Palgus might be Snoke. Thought Han went out well. That sence reminded me of Padma and Anakin on Mustifar, and of Anakin and Luke just before he died. The way Han touches Ben's cheek... you can tell that even when killing him... he still loved his son.

Things I hated:
    Ray instantly becoming good with the force, ruining her character fro me.
    Over the top (and cartoonish even for star wars) Nazi symbolism
    Rumors that JJ Abrams casting choices were used as a cheap pandering ploy to attracted SJW's and progressives (taloring a character to apeal to a focus group is not good story telling. I loved the actress who played Phasma, but the fact she did nothing the whole movie yet is in the middle of the poster just screams tokenism and pandering. I hate both of those things, esspecially when they are done poorly. Cough Cough Aftermath)
    The plot point copy and pasting.

So those are my gripes and praises of the film. Feel free to disagree. As someone who wan'ts to like the movie, I certainty would like to here different perspectives so I can possibly see all these things in a different light.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Redundant thread. We have a thread to discuss individual reviews of the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.