main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Want to move to Sweden

Discussion in 'Archive: Sweden' started by Cobranaconda, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Went to Stockholm in May and loved it, so I figured I'd try moving there. I've just finished College, with no work experience :p Arbetsförmedlingen is giving me crap and not letting me look at jobs (whenever I click on one it just redirects me to the search page, so I guess they've IP blocked the UK or something :p ), so I figured I'd ask here: what is there a British guy who doesn't speak nearly enough Swedish can do in Sweden and get paid for it? Any tips would be greatly appreciated :p

2. Roystar

Roystar Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2008
    I'm sorry that I have to tell you this but I have been unemployed for 2 years now and I have a collage degree in buisness. Sweden isn't really the best country to be looking for work in as it is now. I remember they said something about 11% of the population being unemployed (those who are able to work). Also most jobs in Sweden will requier you to know Swedish in a very good level.
    But there is still a way to get a job in Sweden without having to master Swedish and that is to get employed at a British company that hiers out people to Swedish companies.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would suggest not going through arbetsförmedlingen, that's quite crappy. There are a couple of private job-sites that seems to have more jobs to choose from.

I would also try to see if you can find a recruitment company that could hire youand then lend you out to different jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.