main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanted! Bounty Hunters Needed! - Game is shut down

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 19, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [image=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a280/FelsGoddess/Wanted.jpg]

Welcome to Coruscant and to our brief information about a criminal subject we want to get back ? alive or dead, but within one piece.

You might have seen this announcement a few times already. *points at announcement above*
    We ? the Empire ? are in need of some people, especially bounty hunters, who are brave and skilled enough to get this escaped criminal subject. It won?t be a safe hunt, because this dangerous subject is in contact with the rebels and we learned that he even got two thermal detonators, which he will position at some more or less strategic points during his useless and unsuccessful run. But that stuff shouldn?t prevent your participation as a loyal servant of the Empire.

[crowd] YES!![/crowd]

Good! Well, we got some few information about this criminal subject. It?s a person called xxx and the great Empire found out through its genius that the subject will only use some planets of certain sectors and regions as a hiding. But there are still enough places to hide. Your job is to find the criminal subject and bring it to us ? alive or dead doesn?t matter. He just needs to be in one piece.

Any questions? No? Then, here?s a map to all possible planets. If we get new information about the subject, we might contact you later. So keep your comlinks open.

Remember you can use only the marked routes. All other routes are unsafe and not recommended. Some more details about this hunt can be found in the next post ? for those of you who can read, the rest will find out by try & error or just? luck.

You all get enough money to visit 20 planets, so we expect you to get him as fast as possible. You see, we trust in your hunting abilities.

We also learned that the rebels and other non-imperial forces started to train new spies. So if you sympathize with those scum, you?re welcome to leave and join them by contacting this rebel scum. But don?t think you can hide. We?ll get you, no matter where you hide or how many people you pay. You?ll make it even easier for us, if you contact that scum. Then we know that you?re not one of us.

And for those who stay?

You?ll get the usual credits.

Now, go and do your work!

Thanks to Skiara and MacCaffrey for the rules and game creation.

[b]Edit: [/b] See last posts for reasons. Thanks to all who played this game! [:D]

2. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The Rules
    What?s this? It?s a new game called ?Bounty Hunters Needed? and it?s based on the Scotland Yard Board game.

The game rules are easy. One of you will be the ?criminal subject? (aka rebel or rebellion-sympathising person) and start at a point of the SW universe of her/his choice. If you want, you can create a new sock (I?ll add that name to the description) and posts with it. All persons who want to catch the ?criminal subject? start at Corusant and do the first move. The ?criminal subject? will show its place after every third move, so you all get a direction where to look for him.

Of course, we need many Bounty Hunters but also one Rebel or Rebellion-sympathising Person. So send a PM to me (FelsGoddess) or post in the thread, if you?re interested in being this hunted Rebel. If you want (especially if your username says ?sith-fan?), we can create a new ?identity? (aka sock) and talk about the slightly different rules for you.

The SW universe is reduced to a few regions, sectors and planets and you can move between them from certain points. The moving between planets might be the most difficult part in the beginning, although its system is simple as well. That?s why I take up a bit more space for the description of it.

Let?s say we have the following planets (letters = planets):

------------------
    A ? B ? C ? D
    E ? F ? G ? H
    J ? K ? L ? M
    N ? O ? P ? Q
    ------------------
    R ? S ? T ? U
    V ? W ? X - Y
    ------------------
    Z ? ZA ?ZB
    ------------------

The first part (a to q) is sector 1 and the following is sector 2. A region is between the green parts. Here the first region includes the planets A to Y. The second region the planets Z to ZB.

Now you can jump from planet to planet as you want to ? as long as you follow some simple rules:

a) If you get onto a turquoise planet like G, go to any other turquoise planet (e.g. W) within the same region (no region change possible). Turquoise ones are usually used to move to another sector within the same region.
    b) To move from one region to another, travel from one violet planet to another (region change is needed)
    c) If you are on a black planet, move to any planet around it. For example, if you are on E, you can move to A, B, F, J or K. Of course, you can move to any planet around a turquoise or violet one as well when you landed on such a planet.

Don?t worry if it sounds confusing. I will keep an eye on the moves and help you, if you pick the wrong planet.

All players post their move within 24h. After all players moved, the ?criminal subject? pm?s me his move. He or she will only post every third move. This goes on until either the ?criminal subject? is caught by one or more players being on the same planet like the ?criminal subject? at the same time or all players have done 20 moves without getting him/her.

He/she is also allowed to place two thermal detonators at two different planets on which he has been before. I hope you won?t hit those. The thermal detonator will just eliminate the player, not the planet or its transport system.

So in short:
    1. Sign up
    2. Search for the ?criminal subject? by moving from planet to planet
    a) Move from planet to planet next to each other
    b) Move from sector to sector by the turquoise marked planets
    c) Move from region to region by the planets with violet backgrounds
    3. Avoid his thermal detonators
    4. Catch him and get the ?usual reward? (aka colors for three days)

(5. If you want to be the ?criminal subject? as called by the Empire, just contact me.)

Any questions? If yes, you know where to find me, right? ;)

So? sign up and let?s the fun begin!

Good luck and even more fun!

3. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Signs-ups

4. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    I just clicked your link to image shack and when I tried to magnify the map, it did some pop-ups then redirected to a malicious site and tried to run codes on my computer/install a virus or some other malware.

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    When I clicked on 'map', I got an pop up as well, but I closed it right away. No virus or similiar thing showed up. No problems here. :confused:

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hm, that's odd. [face_thinking] I will try to find another way to display it. Until then, I can email the map.

7. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Pming the maps are a good idea! :)

Let's start the sign ups! :D

8. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    Signs-ups
    1.wedge41388

can i get a pm when the game starts.....i don't look in this forum that often

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_batting] Anyone else? It's fun. :D

10. CPLs_Wingmate

CPLs_Wingmate Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2010
    Signs-ups
    1.wedge41388
    3. CPL

11. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I have a question. From the rules it seemed that you were saying the rebel could post his moves but in order to keep the disguise they can make a sock so why not make an "Official" sock for this game? You can make it a easy password that you would tell the rebel or somethign. I dont know.

Signs-ups
    1.wedge41388
    2. Mister_Master
    3. CPL

12. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Signs-ups
    1. wedge41388
    2. Mister_Master
    3. CPL
    4. The_Zeltron

13. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Signs-ups
    1. wedge41388
    2. Mister_Master
    3. CPL
    4. The_Zeltron
    5. JediMaster1511

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Yay, five players! :D

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_thinking] I'll have to think on that. The only problem I can see it managing it, but it would be doable, I suppose.

The game will start Monday, Jan. 31. Feel free to continue to sign up!

16. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    And let the hunt begin!

The Rebel has 24 hours to make their first move.

Good luck! [face_peace]

As a side note, if anyone would like the map emailed to them, send me a PM.

17. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    On Oseon 5792.

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Bounty Hunters, you have 24 hours to post you first move. Remember, you all start on Coruscant.

19. wedge41388

Apr 15, 2010
    Ill move to Hoth....don't come out of hyperspace too close to the system or i may have to choke someone:p

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Nal Hutta....I'm also going to need a new set of clothes.:p

21. CPLs_Wingmate

Dec 8, 2010
    Jump to Corellia... Home of the greatest pilots and Jedi in the entire Galaxy!!

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Bounty Hunters, you have 24 hours to make your next move.

23. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I have to change my original spot to Kashyyk, as I misunderstood the rules. My fault. I'm also going to stay there for this turn, if that is alright.

24. wedge41388

Apr 15, 2010
    ill move to bespin

25. CPLs_Wingmate

Dec 8, 2010
    Running to Kessel - in less than twelve parsecs!