main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada WANTED: Fresh new original topic

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Entil`Zha, Jul 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I wonder if that sticky note up there will still be there when the asteroid hits?

;)

- Rani

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    It's locked, but it's still sticky...

You've created a monster, YJN. I think it's time to delete it.

3. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    Yes, delete the monster before it deletes us

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Thanks, YJN.

5. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    Back on top

6. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    mmm new topic?? Well what do Canadians think of eating meat? What is the most healthy option in your opinion:

Pure meat eater-Atkins diet
    Balance of meats and other food groups
    Fish only(as flesh food)+other groups
    Lacto-ovo Vegetarianism(Eggs ,cheese,
    but not animal flesh)+other groups
    Vegan(No animal products what so ever)

So what do you think?

7. Entil`Zha

Jul 9, 1999
    I say top of the food chain...

Uses Fat Bastard voice: " Get into my belly..."

8. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    "I want m'baby back, baby back ribs, baby back ribs ! ! ! !"

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I agree with Entil.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." - Genesis 1:27-28

Come here, lamb.

10. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    Oh my Gosh Admiral you quoted the BIBLE??? THat's really impressive!!! You can't argue with Genesis, that's great! :)

Ok now in health aspects, don't you believe eating fish and poultry is healthier than red meat and fried meats?? What do you think about that?

11. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Doesn't mean I agree with it. Just means I'm using it as justification for eating meat. :p

I don't really care about the "health" benefits of one type of meat over another. I just eat whatever's cheap and tastes good.

12. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    hummm, so help me understand...you believe in Genesis and the justification of meat eating through Genesis or you don't? You obviously know your Bible so you believe in something??!!

So do you eat horse meat? I hear it is inexpensive! 8-}

13. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I've studied the bible. I have my beliefs. I am non-Christian.

No, I don't eat horse. I eat chicken and beef, mostly.

14. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    If you are not Christian, what are you?

Did you know in France they sometimes eat horse meat?? That is called steak tar tar. That particular dish has to be prepared well but it is pretty much raw! Yum! I love French food but that is one dish I can live without! :)

15. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
    I'll eat any type of meat but my favoarites are chicken, beef and porc (Ham and ribs).

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Why does it matter, LL? Does it in some way affect what kind of person I am? I'm comfortable in my beliefs, and I'm sure you are as well. I don't want to debate about it, and if I told you what I am, that's exactly what would likely end up happening.

17. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    No it wouldn't I don't want to debate with you either, I was just curious, when someone says non-Christian they are usually something else. I respect your privacy of thoughts though so you can keep it to yourself! :)

Kit... What about horse meat have you ever tried? Or fish eggs? Actually I have had caviore(I know that is spelled wrong) once and it was very good! Lobster is also yummy!

18. Izird

Izird Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Ahhh....Lobster...*drools*

Well AT60, I'm curious now! I think it's possible to know each other's beliefs without arguing about them. Lol! Otherwise we'd never be able to talk about anything important!

I'm a Christian, but by day I'm a mild-mannered pastor. :D

19. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    [face_laugh] mild mannered pastor? Is there such a thing?? I am just joking! :D

It is true, I want anyone to feel comfortable expressing their faith and beliefs. When it comes to spirituality the firey LL can actually be gentle.

Yes...Lobster is delicious...especially the blue ones!

20. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I eat very little meat because it tastes bad, and i don't really follow the bible. I am not christian either, i was a catholic for a long time and i went to catholic school and right before i got confirmed i realized i didn't believe anything i had been taught and i actually believed something else..and hence i no longer am catholic, no longer christian.

21. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    I am sorry you had a bad experience with Christianity. Unfortunatly people make up the human part of it and humans are imperfect and hence leading to undesirable situations sometimes. I am Catholic but I can understand you have to look at the good and the bad and process the information. We all have room to grow...hey I know I do! ;)

You should eat the meat in Europe...it tastes much better...well except in England you might get Mad Cow disease.... :)

22. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I was brought up Baptist, and went to a separate Christian school for all of my elementary years.

I haven't been going to church in a few years, simply because we haven?t found one we feel comfortable in.

Being from a Baptist background my "ideal" church is not what I see in the contemporary churches of today.
    Meaning: "If I wanted to go to see a band play (electric guitar, bass, drums, etc.), I'd pay $60-$100 to see a band at a concert, not in a church. Church to me has become to much of a stage show, I want a hard hitting sermon, something that will "wake me up", not so much "party"."

23. Lady_Lucas

Mar 28, 2002
    YJN I agree with you. I am use to going to more of a traditional church setting so I prefer it quite and meditative not loud and clashy. There is a time and a place for everything. I respect those that want to worship God in the sanctuary that way but I couldn't make that my home church either. At the Catholic church I attend it is very traditional but sometimes people come in loud, in their sweat pants or jean shorts and I still am a little uncomfortable with that. :)

24. KitFist0

Nov 10, 2001
  25. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    But why, Kit? Why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.