main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WANTED: High School Level SW Fan Fiction Writers for RPG

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WrenSkywalker, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrenSkywalker

WrenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2001
    Hello all,

A high quality Star Wars RPG is looking for a few new members.

The RPG is set up with each writer playing one or more characters, with each character taking a turn posting circa 50-300 word posts to further the story. The style is similar to a round robin, but there is no autoing - no skipping ahead in time (a demonstration can be given to any truly interested, if you are confused about this description).

The time line is that of post-TPM-pre-AotC. The Original Trilogy is also written, as well, though less frequently and with fewer writers and characters.

All of our writers are high school level and strive to portray their characters and the situations as best as possible. We'd like to find a few more talented people to join us.

The three and a half hours between 6:30pm and 10pm Central Standard time are used to write, most often, though posts can be added to our private web site's "chat" at any hour for the other writers to pick up and reply to.

Our writers spare on average 10 hours a week in the task of writing for our stories, and any new players must be able to give such a commitment as well...the story moves only as fast as we can write it... :)

While original characters are some of the best and most exciting, here is a small list of some characters we would be glad to find good, permanent writers for:
    Palpatine/Darth Sidious
    Mace Windu
    Yoda
    New Jedi/other characters from EP2
    Temple trainees or Padawans
    Dark Jedi
    Padme's handmaidens
    Any members of the senate
    Mara Jade
    Princess Leia

At our chat, which we refer to most often as just 'T1', we understand that the character and writer often merge, and we allow creative liberties in both the way you feel a character should behave, and in how the plot should run. Cannon does not always dictate our rules, and each writer will have a strong voice over where and how our stories will run.

If you would like more information about the chat, just post to this thread in reply, email me at Lam1024@aol.com, or AIM me at Lam1024.

Note: A small (circa 500 word) sample of your writing (in third-person, please) will be asked of you, just so we can see your writing style. -s-

Thank you very much for your time,
    Wren

2. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I am interested in this RP; I would like to be a Dark Jedi.

3. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I'll be entering high school this coming August 12th. Does that count as me being in high school?

4. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Fluke_Groundwalker,

We would love to have a Dark Jedi in the chat. If you need further information on the chat, feel free to contact me using the information in the above post or just leave your question on this thread.

If you would, please, send me a sample of your writing (circa 500 words and in third-person) over any character and any situation that you wish. Once I have this, I can show it to my fellow writers and we can see where you would best fit in.

If you'd prefer, you may send the sample to Lam1024@aol.com and I'll get back to on it within a day, if not within hours.

Thank you for your interest. :)

5. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Mayo_Solo,

I'm sorry for the confusion-L- When I said "high school level" I was not refering to your age or number of years of school completed. I meant your level of writing. If you can write proficiently; if you are able to compose the thoughts and actions of your character into about 300 words a post, then I would consider that high school level.

If you're interested in our writing, even if you're unsure about your writing skills, just go ahead and write the sample paragraph mentioned above and send it in to Lam1024@aol.com. Or, if you have questions, feel free to AIM or email me using the info in my above post - or just leave a message on this thread.

You are most certainly old enough. -s-

6. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I'll try Yoda or Mace Windu. I could write 300 words easily (and often), especially since I tend to ramble a lot about nothing, or make up a ton of different things to make stuff happen. I could already also play an original character, who I've already thought of, actually I've thought of 3 or so. You get the idea.

7. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Ohhhhhhh writing level. I got it. ::slaps self:: You'll have to excuse my uh slowness. lol.

I can write 3oo word paragraphs easily.

I'll practice though. Just to get better.

8. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Oooo this sounds cool. :) I have a orignal character I might be able to use if she would work. She is one of the lost twenty , and is half Chiss.

9. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Dear Council_of_Trent,

You're interest in Yoda and Mace is of a great personal delight to me. -s- As is you affirmation of being able to write longer posts and your comment about your inventive nature. These are the sort of things I'm looking for in finding new writers. But, as you must know, I can only determine such skills once I have your sample of writing. Please write 500 words in the third person and email it to Lam1024@aol.com at your leisure. You may use old posts you have already written, or you may write something entirely new - so long as you think that is your best.

I hope to hear about your three original characters, and if you have no futher question, than I look forward to reading your sample soon.

Thanks for your interest.-s-

-Wren

10. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Mayo_Solo,

I quite understand your confusion-L-. Again, I'm sorry about it. But I'm glad to hear you can write the requirement. Just remember the sample you send me needs to be 500 words, not just 300. It also needs to be in the third-person, of course.

Keep up with your practicing :) that's all writing really is...I've written for 5 years, and it still is just practice for the better post I hope to write each time. -s-

-Wren

11. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Dear Princess1,

Your character sounds extremely interesting, and your enthusiasm brings a smile to my face. :)

If you have any questions about the chat, feel free to use the contact information in my first post (email: Lam1024, AIM: Lam1024) or leave a note here. If not, you may as well begin to put that new character of your to work in the sample paragraph I will have to ask of you. While you can do any scene with any character you like, I'd just remind you to make it about 500 words and in the third person.

But a half-Chiss fallen Jedi sounds very interesting, and I look forward to see what you can do with it in your writing.

Thank you for your interest -s-

-Wren

12. council_of_trent

May 23, 2002
    Alright, sent my sample. My brother wants to be Yoda, so I'll just stick to Master Windu and my original characters. Sorry about the extra length.

13. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Council_of_Trent,

Thank you so very much for you sample submission. The extra length of it is well received, I assure you -s-. And if your brother wants to join us and play Yoda, have him send in his own sample and we'll consider him, too.

Now, I'm off to read your email -g-

-Wren

14. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Does our sample have to be using our character we picked for this RPG?

15. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Fluke_Groundwalker,

No, your sample does not have to include the character you want to use for the RPG. It can if you want it to - but that's not required. I understand only too well how long it can take to 'break in' a character before you can write your best with it-L-

-Wren

16. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Oh goody thanks! :) I'll have to start getting that paragraph ready. :)

17. Jeedai_Master_Yoda

Jeedai_Master_Yoda Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Brother of Council_of_Trent am I. Join you, I would like. Write sample, I will soon. Yoda do I wish to be. Send You it, I will. Free time, I have much. Homeschooled, I am(though going, I am still). Thank you, I do.

18. Jeedai_Master_Yoda

Jeedai_Master_Yoda Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Brother of Council_of_Trent am I. Join you, I would like. Write sample, I will soon. Yoda do I wish to be. Send You it, I will. Free time, I have much. Homeschooled, I am(though going, I am still). Thank you, I do.

19. council_of_trent

May 23, 2002
    Yeah, so he really wants to be Yoda. Also, could you tell me when you plan on actually starting, and when you'll know who is who?

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi, I would be interested in joining if I can. I would either like to do a temple Padawan or one of the new EP.2 characters....which ones aren't taken? I'll send you a sample of my writing ASAP!

21. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm high school level, and I can write Mara Jade very well. You need someone for Mara?

22. Princess1

Dec 3, 2001
    Jeedia_Master_Yoda: Really your homeschooled? Me to!

23. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I can write a sample if you like. Just let me know.

24. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Should we PM you our samples?

25. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Princess1,

Sounds good. -s- I look forward to seeing your sample in my email inbox. :)

-Wren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.