main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WANTED: High School Level SW Fan Fiction Writers for RPG

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by WrenSkywalker, Jun 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WrenSkywalker

WrenSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2001
  2. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
  3. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    -sigh- why does tf.n persist in putting my posts in the wrong thread? Sorry everyone.

-Wren

4. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Jeedai Master Yoda,

Council_of_Trent your brother is? Received his sample, I have. Impressed with it, I am, but no further here will I such things discuss. If Yoda you wish to be, then your own sample must you send. Of 500 words will it be, no shorter and in the third-person you shall write it, hmm? Lam1024@aol.com my email is, and to there you must send what you have written; show me what you have learned....yes...hmmm....Of time that is free, of hearing I am pleased, but to consider the commitment of this Order you must. In doing so, fail you cannot. Terrible is the burden to others, if not avaliable their kinsman is. Terrible burden is that...But my thanks to you are given; your interest highly valued, it is. May the Force be with you.

-Wren

5. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Council_of_Trent,

I don't really know what you mean when you ask "when we plan on actually starting" because the writing never really stops, it just moves to another situation with new characters picked up long the way. If this didn't answer your question, I'm sorry, and please do ask me again. But I'll know who will be joining the chat and who will not once I have shown a person's sample paragraph to all the voting members of the chat. Since I have your sample paragraph, Trent, I've already showed it to three people. :) You'll find out the results once I have gotten a hold of the rest of our members -s- It shouldn't be more than a few days, now.

-Wren

6. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Snowbee_wan_kenobi,

As for EP2 characters, if you name a random 20 names, probably 19 need players, so just pick your favorite few and ask me specific names -s- And I got your sample writing and have shown it to three writers in our chat already - once I get a hold of the rest, you'll get an email from me. -s-

-Wren

7. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    EmilieDarklighter,

I'm sorry about the delay in my responce, we had a power outage at the house. But as for you writing Mara Jade, our chat would be utterly thrilled to have someone play that character. :) Indeed, I would highly encourage you to send your 500 word writing sample (in third-person) to my email at Lam1024@aol.com.

I'm looking forward to your submission. -s-

-Wren

8. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Fluke_Groundwalker,

No, please do not PM your samples to me. Email them to Lam1024@aol.com only, please. -s-

-Wren

9. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    when will you expect your scouted members to begin participating in writing? or have you already written some amongst yourselves? really, when does it start getting displayed? Is it when you have selected a certain number of writers or characters? I just wanted to know when I should start looking for the warning to post new "episodes", or whatever they will be called.

10. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Council_of_Trent,

Scouted members may participate in writing any time after they receive their email to let them know of their acceptance the chat address. We have already written among ourselves since 1999, and new members will be helped getting their characters into the already moving plot. There is no definite number of new people we are hoping to get - we wish to recruit only those who we think will mesh well with what we already have and bring more to the chat. But the more the merrier, neh? After your sample of writing is considered by all the people in our chat, and their vote is given, you will receive an email letting you know whether you have been accepted or not. If accepted, you will be given the address to the chat and you may begin writing any time after that. I hope this answers your questions. -s-

-Wren

11. council_of_trent

council_of_trent Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Okay. Is it already available for reading?

12. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    ok, I'm going to send you my paragraph, it might be a little longer then 500 words, I hope thats ok. :)

Anyway, heres my question, what is the address for your site where I would post on the RPG?

13. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I can do that. And it's perfectly all right. We we're experiencing harsh storms until a few hours ago.

Is there anything specific you want in the samples? Anything you want to be shown, or done?

Thanks again,

Emmi

14. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Council_of_Trent,

Your writing sample has already been read by several of our writers, yes. And the writing we have done among ourselves is all saved and if you join us, you will of course be given copies of it-s- We have perfect copies that go back about two years, and incomplete RPs before that. -l-

Thank you for asking,

-Wren

15. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Princess1,

I'm so glad to hear you are sending me your sample.-s- Anything over 500 words is just fine :) But, unfortunately, the address of the site where we write is a tightly held secret, so that the address will only be given out to those who are invited to join, and it expected to be kept a close secret by them as well. Not to exclude people who want to write, but to keep out spammers and all the mess that would disrupt the writing. -l- I hope you understand.

-Wren

16. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    EmilieDarklighter,

In the samples all we are looking for are the intangible things like writing style - there are a hundred types and each one make work in our chat in a different way - and for the more tangible things like your grammar, how you tell your story, and how you can express your character. That last requirement would be the largest, in my opinion. But other than these general topics, I don't really know anything else that would be a requirement for you.

Thank you for asking -s-

-Wren

17. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I will look to get my sample to you sometime tomorrow.

18. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Can I play a trashy red-headed smuggler with too many kids and a tendancy to cheat on her boyfriends?

;) Just kidding, o Evil One. By the way...let Ki go. Brook needs guidance.

19. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Fluke_Groundwalker,

Sounds great. -s- I'll be watching my email box for it. :)

-Wren

20. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    TwistyMaeSkywalker,

You can only play a trashy red-headed smugger if I'm allowed to play a naive farm-boy with too many kids and a tendancy to send his girlfriends into homicidal depression -s-

Do you mean let Ki go as in Ani let Ki go, or Ani's player let Ki's player go? All the double meanings - it makes life so hard-L-

-Wren

21. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    alright, but only if the kids names are either Saide, Ben, or Eli. And if those kids have to spend the rest of their lives in therapy because of their screwed-up parents.

Both meanings. Have Ani let Ki go or Brook will get mad and pout. And so will Brook's player if Ani's player doesn't let Ki's player come and cheer her up.

My brain has now exploded. Have a nice day!

22. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    TwistyMaeSkywalker,

The kids names are ALWAYS Sadie, Ben and Eli. -g- And I'm paying their therapy bills already, curse them....

Both meanings, though? I can do the first...my dear character does have his psychological problems he'll have to sate elsewhere soon enough...but as for the latter...I'm not withholding Ki's player - that's totally not under my jurisdiction. -L- He'll be on tonight though, and I'll be gone at 7, so you'll have him to yourself-L-

-Wren

23. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    he's always mine, Wren, and you know it. but thank you for having Ani let him go.

um, that concludes this insight into the psyche of two T1 writers.

-runs away-

24. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Wren: Oh yea, I get it.I understand. :) Don't worry I wasen't trying to steal your secret, I just didn't remember seeing the address so thats why I asked. Anyway, I don't have a whole lot of time right now, its finals week in school, but I'll send my sample this weekend ok?

25. WrenSkywalker

Jul 24, 2001
    Princess1,

-L- It was a perfectly innocent question on your part. And I understand about finals, thats not a problem, and it would be wonderful if you could get your sample in by this weekend. :)
    -Wren

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.