main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanted - Hotel Roomate

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by BrotherHalo, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I haven't seen this thread around, so I figured I'd start one.

I don't need a roomie, but I figure that there are many people who would like to get one to share with another fan. That's for people to decide.

So, please post here for inquiries for roomies, people to split rooms with, etc. Work out the details amongst yourselves...

2. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    tempting but no. I don't have enough money for a room:(

3. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    A couple people that I was planning on sharing a room with backed out, so the three, possibly four of us who are left are looking for more roommates to split the hotel cost.

I've got a room at the Marriott right across the street from the convention center Thurs, Fri, and Sat nites. We'd be looking for someone (guy or girl- right now it's 2 guys and 2 girls) over 21 who doesn't plan on sleeping much. We can get a rollaway bed or rotate floor sleeping if people don't mind, but if we can get to 6 people in the room, it'll only cost $75 a person.

If anyone's interested PM me. Thanks.

4. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    My room sitch is just fine, but those looking to jam as many folks in a room as possible, see if you can borrow an air mattress with electric pump. They work surprisingly well. Not as comfortable as a bed, but I find that if you are really exausted it does not much matter.

Just be sure to break it down each morning and shove it back in your luggage. Technically you are not supposed to put more people in a room than it is rated for and they could throw you out if caught. (Rarely enforced though, unless you are getting a ridiculous number of people in a room or are being rowdy)

Doc

5. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I need a room to stay in, if anybody has any extra room, feel free to post here or PM me...

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I just got one room at the courtyard.....for me right now

but.......I probably will try to split it with another fan who's willing to chip in on the room costs. I may be bringing someone along with me.........i'm not too sure on a lot of things yet but i'll keep you all informed.

7. gbonkers

gbonkers Jedi Youngling star 2

May 31, 2004
    I'm interested in a sharing room with someone! PM me and let's talk!!

8. danielarnold

danielarnold Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2004
    I'm also looking to share a room with someone. I have already booked a room at the Comfort Inn, which is one block away. I'm going alone this year. My cousin went to CII with me but this year he isn't going. My wife isn't a big enough fan and she doesn't want to spend the money. I'm looking for someone to hang around with and maybe share a room. I just don't want to be standing in those long lines without someone to talk to. If you are interested, email me.

9. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I wouldn't mind beening your roomate.

10. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I'm interested in sharing a room. 22 y/o male form Michigan, gender doesn't matter to me (more info upon request) but i'm looking to be as close as possible to the entrance.

Email me @ Davehoekst@aol.com & put "Roommate For C3" in the Subject Line

~Matt

11. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Fashion_Boy- You're a member of R2-Detroit,aren't you?I understand that some of those guys are looking for roomates and were at one point kicking around the idea of possibly taking a bus to C3.You should try posting your request over there,it couldn't hurt.

Good luck!

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I might be interested in sharing a room with someone. Preferably 1 or 2 other people, but I'll look over all offers. Just send me a PM here and I'll get back to you asap.

13. Jedi_Lite

Jedi_Lite Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Looking to get into the Courtyard Marriot. Cost not much of a factor.

14. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    If anyone is interested my brother-in-law and I need at least two more room-mates for Thurs-Mon. We are staying outside of town at the Best Western Airport Suites, about six miles away. It is a suite with a refrig. and microwave. The rate is $81 a night before taxes. My brother-in-law is 34 and I'm 49 we are not smokers and not late-night partyers. He went to the last celebration and knows how to get around some. He did say you can get a cab for $5.00 at night.

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    To anyone looking for a roommate:
    I didn't realize that rooms would be sold out so fast for this Celebration. So at the moment, I am without a room. So PLEASE! If ANYONE can help me out, I am looking for a room to stay in while out in Indy. Preferably within walking distance to the Convention Center. PLEASE message me! I'm good people and easy to get along with. I promise!

John

P.S. I'll bring gifts.

16. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Nevermind. I found a place.

17. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Hi, I was just wondering if there's any females out there that need a roomate. If you've got an extra bed/rollaway can you send me a PM with where you're staying and the cost? Cheers.

18. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I'm still interested in sharing a room. 22 y/o male from Michigan, gender doesn't matter to me (more info upon request) but I'm looking to be as close as possible to the Convention Center.

Email me @ Davehoekst@aol.com (or PM me) & put "Roommate For C3" in the Subject Line

~Dave

19. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    Careful how many you jam into the room, if it's over occupancy the hotel by law can kick you out. :) Not to be a downer, but it's the truth. We asked about roll aways in a max four room and this was the speech we got.

20. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    I don't need a room but was wondering about transportation around Indy. I got a room at a hotel about 4 miles away, a friend hooked me up with her employee discount-could not afford anything closer and that was the best I could do. I used to live in New Jersey and spent a good deal of time in New York City, can you hail a cab in Indy the way you would in NYC? I live in Charlotte, NC right now and you can't hail a cab from curbside here, you need to call and wait. What about busses? I'm just wanting to know how hard of a time I'll have getting around. Thanks... BTW-sorry if this should have gone in another thread but I did not see one that fit this...

21. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Hey Skinnee, what'd you find? I'm thinking of maybe going after all, and I'm poking around to see if anyone I know has any space left....

22. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    It's about 8 miles between the airport and downtown. When I flew in in 2002, I hired a driver from Carey Indiana. Here's the complete list of available transportation from the airport, it says they have Taxis available:

http://www.indianapolisairport.com/pages/ground.html

23. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    This thread was a great idea BrotherHalo...

I currently have a reservation for the Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol checking in on the 20 and leaving on the 25. All the people who were sharing this room with me have bailed out so I could use a roommate or two.

Please pm me for more info...

24. DragonLove76

DragonLove76 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    If you don't mind, I would like a roomate as well. PM or Email me, if it's close, and less than $50 a night, I am interested.

25. Sith-Assassin

Sith-Assassin Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    Hi I'm really wanting to go to Celebration III and the only thing holding me back is reservations about where to stay. If someone would be kind enough to open their hotel room to me I would certainly help split the cost of the room. I'd prefer one of the city center hotels. Please send me a PM if you can help :)

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.