main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA WANTED: New Chapter Rep - Taking Applications

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Hi everyone. Did ya miss me? [stop, don't answer that] ;)

It's that time for me. The time where I step down as CR. I still watch the boards daily, but I feel I can no longer be effective as CR.

So, after conversations with the fearless Miana Kenobi ;) it is time the Sacramento Chapter nominates and new schmuck errrr I mean new CR ;)

The following are the rules governing the Chapter Reps:

From the FF Rules:

7) Chapter Reps
    To be a Chapter Rep (CR) a person must be at least 18 years of age and live in the city/region they are Representative for twelve months of the year. There can also be only one CR per chapter. CRs are expected to uphold the CR Code of Conduct both on and off forum. They are also expected to report any problems on their forum or with their chapter to their RSA or a GSA as soon as possible. Condoning or encouraging negative behavior/posting habits could result in a demotion or ban of the CR in addition to the person(s) causing the problem.

Chapter Reps need to sign in several times a week to check their chapter forum, check their PMs, and check the CR forum. CRs need to post at least every other week in their own forum. They also need to contact their RSAs often regarding events and forum changes (headers, banners, etc). If a CR goes two weeks with out logging in, s/he will be demoted and the RSA will facilitate elections for a new CR. If a CR informs his/her RSA before an absence, the two week rule can be waived.

Chapters need to have annual elections for the position of Chapter Rep. The elections can take place in forum or in person. If the elections are in person, at least two people other than the current CR (who are not related to or in the same household as the CR) need to PM the results of the election to their RSA. Elections in forum will be handled by a PM vote to an RSA who is unaffiliated with that chapter. If a chapter has not had annual elections, then the RSA will step in to start the election process.

And the CR Code of Conduct:

CR Code of Conduct
    1. You will follow the Terms of Service of these boards to the letter. Yes, it may seem unfair of you to have to be that careful with what you post, but you do have to remember that as City Reps, you are representing your forums. You are role models for the other members of your chapter. They will be looking to you for examples of how to behave and post.

If you are concerned that what you are posting is against the TOS, don't post it. If what you are saying was fully appropriate for these boards, you would not have that small doubt about it. If you are not sure about something, contact your RSA and ask them - they will be more than happy to help you with any of your queries.

Further more, if you see something against the TOS posted in one of your forums, you must contact your RSA and have it removed. Yes, it may be an unpopular move, but part of your job is to keep your forums clean and point out to your RSA anything they may not have seen.

2. You must be polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We're not asking you to be perfect. We're simply telling you that you must not post with 'attitude' during your tenure as a City Rep. Once again, you are representing your forum, and must act as a role model at all time.

We have set out what will happen to you if you do not hold yourself to this, too.

The first time you will be warned. We will let you know exactly what we think you did wrong, and what we think you can do to make it not happen again. The second time you will have a temporary demotion, time to be determined depending on the offense. Some offenses will get longer punishments than others. If you commit an offense for the third time you will be permanently demoted and we will ask your chapter to elect a new CR.

[hr]

If you feel you can live up to these standards or know someone who can, then please feel free to nominate them.

I will be taking nominations now. I will be taking nominations for three days afterwhich I will create a new poll for voting, leaving the poll open for three more days afterwards, I w

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    And as my first act, to deal with the Separatist threat, I will create a GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUB -

Oh wait. Wrong position. ;)

Woooo nomination. Can I nominate me too? ;P

-TJ

3. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I nominate Quinlan Vos

he has all the qualities i would want in a CR.

4. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Wow...these are good nominees. BUT...I know TJ is super busy with work...and I know Myke is super busy trying to get me a date with Ray Park...oops, kidding...I mean super busy with RL...so I go with nominating Susan. (And for those of you that are wondering...I checked with her first before I threw her name out there, and she said it would be Ok). She's done so much for the group, and I think this is one more way for her to put her expertise to work!

*EDIT* Oops I spelled Myke with an "i"...sorry!

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    okay so far it looks like

TJ, Myke and Susan.

Anyone else?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :D

6. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    I'll nominate.... Bueller. I like that choice. On a serious note, Susan would be great in this position.
    I would like it as well, but, w/ being the CR for the RL does keep me pretty busy.

I haven't had a chance to talk w/ Dan's dad, but did talk w/ Daniel. He's pretty open to whatever diner we choose. How does Tapa Da World sound to anyone??? I want to take them to nice place but to pricey & I don't think they are to fond Mel's. I've also been talk'n w/ Doug Wangler (Quinlan Vos-real guy), he's a friend of Andrew's(C.A.Nelson), & I might be able to bring him to the FTLB show in Sept. So far, it looks like our special guest will include: Ray Park(w/kids???), Daniel Logan(+1), DL's dad, C.A.N.(w/ wife & kid???), & Doug. Alright, back to laundry & packing for the drive down to SDCC.[face_dancing] Of Course once every thing is settled, I'll post a new thread for this Con & Din-Din plans.

Vos

7. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Thanks Myke and Tara for the vote of confidence. :) I am working at getting my feet back into the swing of things. :) This would be a fun position and would work hand and hand once I regain...err... assume command again. Marric is doing a great job and has taken alot off of me so maybe we need to explore me moving up to chapter rep if that is the choice of the group and allow Marric to continue in the position he is fullfilling at this point. He and I could work closely on the needs for the group and there would be no conflicts with overlapping positions. :) Just an idea.

8. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    He's doing a great job sitting in his comffy chair behind the desk pointing at someone to do something while waiting for Vader to call & tell him that his Death Star was destroyed by an aluminum falcon or whatever that is............

[face_laugh]LOL[:D]

Vos

9. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I Lol'd.

10. TKJoker

TKJoker Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2009
    "What the Hell is an Aluminum Falcon!"

Best EVER!! Go Myke for the reference!

11. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    I'll second, or is that third, Susan's nomination. :)

12. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    "VOTE NOW!!! VOTE NOW!!!"

Lol, just a little TPM reference!

~DZ

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Okay, the nominations are in.

It appears to be:

TaintedJedi

Nasus_Sivad

Quinlan_Vos_1

This thread will be closing shortly. The poll will start as soon as this thread is closed. The poll will be left open for three days. Good luck to the nominees!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.