main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx WANTED: PFF Secretary

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Due to the unfortunate stepping-down of our beloved sideshow212, the position of PFF Secretary is now vacant.

Position requirements:
    -Good at organizing
    -occassional phone calls (not often)
    -leadership skillz
    -basically do what sideshow did

If you feel like you can handle it, and you're feeling daring enough to handle working with me, IA, QuiGon, Carenix and Obey, please apply. You can send me an e-mail or a PM. Yeah, make it a resumé of sorts - it doesn't have to be professional, but at least let me know what you're good at and why you're qualified. I'll be passing this info along to the other officers as well, and then we (the whole PFF) will have a vote at the next meeting.

Thanks much!
    ^.^

2. Subjugator

Subjugator Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2001
    (the whole PFF)

Does that mean just those who are informed that the meeting has been moved? lol
    ...glad I didn't drive to the south side for the meeting sat as I among others were never notified of the change.

Since when are officers elected by the whole PFF?

;)

3. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    don't worry, sub, we're already well aware of your beliefs and opinions. no need to make stale jokes about them. ;)

we started electing officers only after you rescued us from ourselves and let us know that our system was flawed. as you can see, your guidance has been a godsend for pff.

now, with the departure of sideshow, we can elect a new secretary, a strong secretary...

4. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001

;)

don't forget to elect a new webmaster too.

5. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    already long been taken care of.

6. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001

[face_laugh]

What else have the members not been notified of?

7. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Let's take it from the top....

Meeting being moved...
    Julian, the weekend manager at Atomic Mesa, thought that we were going ahead with our idea to alternate between west side and east side locations for the meetings...and nobody knew to correct him on this. So Atomic Comics Mesa was double booked...I found out about this when I arrived 15 mintes before the meeting and about 30 minutes after everybody else. They were waiting just inside the front door to gather everybody and discuss an alternate meeting site. One person remembered AZSithLord's previous suggestion of Gamer's Edge, we then called them to verify they had room for us, and voted to go down there. I took a bright orange flyer and wrote a note saying "ATTENTION PFF !!! there is a 1 time, temporary, relocation to gamer's edge" and drew a map with it's location. I then posted it at head height to the left of the door and it obviously was at least decent as many people noticed it and made their way down to gamer's edge, if not all. As an FYI, we polled the gathering of the 20 people (appx) who did make it and we decided that it was truely going to be a 1 time event and that all meetings will be held at Atomic Comics Mesa until we agree on a suitable west side location. This also includes when Atomic Comics moves to their new location in september.

Officers elected...
    I don't remember a ballot poll personally. Around March (I think) we decided to chose officers to help with admin duties. I do remember that our dictator announced the positions needed (historian, secretary, treasurer, webmaster) and asked for volunteers. Each position only had 1 volunteer and the group was asked "Does anybody else have interest ?" Since nobody else volunteered they were elected by acclimation as there was no choice to be made. Later on Gabby was spearheading alot of charity ideas and due to her driving the subject, she was asked to be a charity officer. True no election, but again nobody offered themselves up as an alternative or protested the idea of her organizing any charitable endeavors we chose to look into. Now again we're asking for volunteers and if only 1 person wants the job...I'm gonna guess they'd get a majority of the votes making a formal process rather wasteful. If we have more than one, then either somebody will bow out to make it easy or we'll pass around sheets of paper to vote (that way nobodys feelings get hurt for having to decide who to go with).

Webmaster...
    In the July meeting the subject of a webpage was brought up. IA announced that he was working with somebody to create a possible webpage and would welcome input from anybody or anybody else is welcome to submit their ideas. I don't know what input he has gotten, you'll have to check with him to make sure that he's not guiding our destiny by his own whim (He does enjoy his character don't you know). In This Thread IA posted a preliminary version link for everybody to browse and offer their input. Then at the meeting you missed he brought it up and again asked for suggestions and assistance in securing a domain name (plus suggestions for what we want the domain to be). IA went further to let us know to beta test it and tell him what we want, like, and don't like about what's currently there so we can improve it to truely represent everybody's wishes if they want to express them and have it go gold.

I'm considering running for secretary myself. If you feel that you're being left out of the loop or that people are not being informed as to what's going on, then please post the subject and I'll reply with the relevent threads so you can get caught up. [shamless campainging] Everybody here is part of the team to me and this is the second time you've expressed concern about the array of responsibility and leadership here. If you have more concerns about absolutely anything that you don't think will be given due attention then talk to mee before hand, PM me, email me, or AIM me (info in the profile) and I w

8. Subjugator

Dec 29, 2001
    that's a relief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.