main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanted to share my Star Wars inspired HipHop song

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Thaahum, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Thaahum

Thaahum Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2015
    Hi guys, I'm an indie HipHop artist and I wanted to share this new song I recorded called "Annakin's Prayer Episode II: The Star Warrior" (and I know "Anakin" is spelled wrong-lol). The song actually debuted earlier this evening on Eminem's Shade 45 station.
    The song goes into the internal process of us going after our goals using the metaphor of Anakin Skywalker. Let me know what you guys think! https://soundcloud.com/showoffcasin...o-annakins-prayer-episode-ii-the-star-warrior

2. BizarreWarsGirl

BizarreWarsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    Hi Thaahum, I like it! I'm not particularly into hip hop but I think the track is great and the artists are fantastic. Since I'm a songwriter and have worked closely with some music producers, I can tell good production and you've got it! Also I think the Star Wars plus hip hop is totally unique. If I had to offer any constructive criticism so far as marketability, the intro is a bit long. A pure Star Wars fan will likely keep listening. But those who are more interested in the music itself might not sit through it. Its worth it, mind you:) Great job!!!

3. Thaahum

Thaahum Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2015
    Thanks BizzareWarsGirl, I really do appreciate the feedback, and I'm humbled that I was able to write something that can grasp people who may not normally listen to HipHop.
    I'm working on a music video for it as well, which won't have the long intro in it. That was just something creative I decided to throw in there because a few years ago another rapper had wrote a song called Annakin's Prayer, and they put a random movie scene in it before the song. That is why mine is called "episode II."
    I'll post the video once it's done. I can up with a really cool "alternate, what if" Star Wars story for the video :)

4. BizarreWarsGirl

BizarreWarsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    Cool! Can't wait for the video!!! If you post it on a different thread let me know...