WANTED:

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Sabaccs_luck, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm thinking we could have a Cantinas most wanted wall. Or a Mandalorian Bounty wall at the cantina (if Rik is intrested), with a version here in either case. Where we post a wanted item for others to keep an eye out and one person declares they'll take the job. Standard rewards of $0.25 to $1.00 can be considered and Bigger rewards asked for harder items. All items must come with a reciept (to prevent price battles, and trafficing in stolen ect.).
    If Rik or someone else is willing to buy duplicates it can be declared an open bounty and more then one 'Hunter' can snap one up without fears that they won't be able to get their pay.

Example:
    Wanted- Asajj Ventress Clone Wars Figure (not the animated, but the human looking one).
    Reward $0.25 over sales price recipt required.

So who ever claims this as their target posts their claim and progress. Admit when you can't find it and reopen the bounty. If someone else wanted the same item they post a reply with quoted bounty and something like "Ditto" or "Seeking same". At which point it's open to more then one hunter and multiple bounties are open to all.

Maybe limit it to recent releases so we don't have 40 posts looking for things that don't exist anymore.

So what do you all think?
  2. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think this is a great idea and I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing a lot of this because I'm the action figure guy.
  3. Cephas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Holy Crip it's a Crapple!

I think this idea is awesome! Let's do it here though, I don't think it should be done at the Cantina since we'd be supporting buying OUT of his store for products he may have sometimes. It wouldnt be fair to him.

-Cephas
  4. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    The original idea was to do this so Rik could get figures from us too if he had the demand for them and he could get them for around retail price and sell them in store but he's got a dealer now for most of his needs but maybe he'd like to get in on some of our deals. Like The ventress figure, If he hasn't one in stock he can declare it an open hunt and everybody who finds one could bring them in and I'll buy one and he could buy the rest... ect.

But if he has an item in store he can claim the bounty because he has one on hand for sale.

But I take your point Peter Griffin, and I tried not to offer his place just suggest it and see if he was intrested.
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    How about the Luke & Leia "Swing to Freedom" set. It's part of the 25th Anniversary 3-part set from last year (other 2 parts being the Han and Chewie "Death Star Escape" and the Obi-Wan and Vader "Final Duel").
  6. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe a place called the Cantina has one of those ;)

I myself am still looking for the Throne Room duel Vader, not having much luck in finding him
  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok, I think this most Wanted page or broad. Whatever... is a good idea but I think it needs a little more working out. Is this something we have up at Rik's? On here? or is this something Rik is ding to get stuff for us? and the cost thing, how did you want that to work?

I believe we can go over this some on sunday as well.

Oh ... one more thing:
    Baron - I have the Thron Room Duel Vader for you . Just have to dig it out from some where. lol

Jedi Outcast 77 - Do you need just the Luke & Leia or the whole set? Han ect. I've got you covered.. :)
  8. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks TK! For some reason the Vader has been really hard to find.

See you Sunday!
  9. SithapprenticeDJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey TK, is it possible for you to get me a Darth Vader throne room duel figure because like John I have been looking for that one for a while now. Whenever Jason tells me that the Walmart in Derry has some Vader's by the time I get there their gone. It would make me so :) happy if I could get my hands on one. Jason was going to get me Vader for Christmas because the Walmart in Derry had four of them but somebody bought them.

There was an assisant manager at Walmart that got fired for stealing toys because he knew about the shipment of toys. I don't know if he swiped the Vader's or not but that makes me angry. Another figure I'm looking for is the C-3PO Tatooine ambush. I haven't been able to locate that one either.
  10. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Outcast 77 - Do you need just the Luke & Leia or the whole set?

Just the Luke/Leia. I already have the Han/Chewie and Obi-Wan/Vader sets. I could find it at the Cantina huh? Sounds very promising. One of these days I'll have to take a trip up there.
  11. Sabaccs_luck Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay I'm going to revive this idea in the only way I can think of: become the guinea pig for the first test run, and help try to work the kinks out. So here it goes (and if it's workable we can start a new cleaner thread)

WANTED: Asajj Ventress
    distinctions: not the cartoon network one.
    reward: 25 cents over purchase price to a maximum of $6.50
    receipt required. Unopened

WANTED: concept storm trooper
    reward: 25 cents over purchase price to a max of $7

Now heres what prospective bounty hunters need to do.
    1) determine if the figure is instock (In custody) at the cantina. Then see if it can be held for purchase.
    2)if it is not in stock at the cantina ask Rik if he would want one for sale at the store. If yes the it's now an open contract (meaning there in more then one potential buyer, and thus multiples can be purchased by one or more hunter).
    3) Post inent to hunt for target by quoting the specific wanted (in my case one of the two above or both) and type in "I'll take the job." At which point you have a week to report back that you "have the target(s)" before the contract is "reopened" to others to pursue. In the case of open contract (more then one buyer) Type "open contract" after the quoted Wanted post.

Simple version, checklist:
    1)does Rik have it for sale?

2) A- yes Rik has it for sale. Ask if he'll hold it. Then post :

"Have target"

2) B- no he doesn't have it in stock but might want some if you find another source. so you post:

"Open contract"

then look for one.

2)C- no he doesn't have one in stock and doesn't need one. Then post:

"I'll take this job."
    look around for the week and either
    "Have it" or
    "reopened"

3)when I come to collect my figures I'll pay you the price on the reciept plus 25 cents reward (oooh, the wealth; hey it's a free pinball game)

you might want to e-mail, or wait till the meeting to see if Rik has them rather then have 5 people call Rik on the same day looking for the same things.
  12. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, here is my wanted list. I am currently looking for:

Hall of Fame Stormtrooper
    TIE Fighter Pilot

Princess Leia Unleashed (when it comes out with new packaging)

There ya go folks. I'm willing to pay retail on whatever you find, and let me know what you may be looking for and I'll keep an eye out as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.