main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanting meeting ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by UluUlix, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Yo folks:

I thought I would start a thread for some meeting ideas. That way we have a constant thread that we can gain input from and gather ideas so we can plan future events.

Any thoughts and suggestions can be posted here. As stated before we will be having a potluck sometime this summer but most of us have to survive June. We will have things planned for this and posted.

But hey, lets use this as an ongoing thread for ideas.

PS- anyone want to start a movie group? Just a group of people to go to new movies, such as TROY, ARTHUR, SPIDERMAN 2, and stuff like that. No CHICK flicks, please. Save that for dates or whatever.

2. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    The movie group sounds like a great idea to me.

Also, if we could just get together once a month just to go to dinner, like the first monday night of every month or something so people who can't or choose not to go to the big meeting could meet up with those who do. Nothing expensive, maybe Village Inn or Denny's, something easy. It would be something everyone knows about so that those who have to plan months in advance have the ability to instead of two-week notice.

3. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    We have an informal get together at Ruby Tuesday's on Thursday around 9:00. Some people drink adult beverages, others just have a coke or whatever. We try to get together once a week for anyone who just wants to hang. I forgot to mention that. Anyone who wants to show can. It will be later for me in about 2 weeks because I will have Tuesday andThursday night classes. But Ruby's is fun.

PS-Some of us are going to go see TROY tomorrow night-Friday the 14th. PM me for my cell-I'll PM you.

4. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    Would that be next Thursday. I would like to come and meet a few of you.

5. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Almost Every Thur. at Rubys is a un-offical QCJO meeting. Alot of us just meet there and talk thats about it.

6. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    I will see about stopping in next week

7. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    I made a mistake when I said Informal-I meant un-official. I't just a group of us who get together that have become friends. Well it is informal too.

8. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Another thought-maybe I can get Steve to conduct a poll on some ideas for meetings. I thought of one he can do-Would anyone be interested in sometime in August-Comedy Sportz or Penguins Comedy Club?

9. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Any thoughts?

10. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    In August that would be good. I am so busy all the way through July right now

11. tyr_9204

tyr_9204 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2003
    I don't know if anyone is a role player in the group but I have been thinking about running a Starwars Campaign down at the "Dragon Sanctum," (legitimate business in moline modirators.) and would look forward to seeing people maybe on a by weekly basis down there. If you have any questions email me at tyr_9204@yahoo.com. Its just a thought though.

12. tyr_9204

tyr_9204 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2003
    I just thought that the powers at be could design a year round calander or just and just set dates for meetings, some would be preplaned (epIII for example), and some could just e fee up in the air and decided on line. Is anyone opposed to such an idea.

13. UluUlix

Feb 3, 2003
    Good thinking on a calendar-I need to talk with someone to figure out how to keep a calendar at the top of the boards and keep it locked at that position.

Thank you.

14. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    there is always the way of the ...bump...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.