main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wanting To Know... (L/M, Post-TLC) (update 2/16)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    ooh, is she gonna agree to teach now?? Cool!

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    when does this morph to "Ever and Always" now that you've added more? :confused:

And I could see Mara doing some sort of hand to hand combat teaching class. For when you lose your saber or something.

3. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    That is very interesting that Mara feels safe and protected in the darkness. She has worked so hard to find the same things in the light including Luke. Poor thing! Plus they got a strange thing in thier closet. Hope we do not has a stink factor going on here.[face_worried] I would really think that Dark Star would be over there all the time wanting in the closet.[face_mischief] Great job and thanks my friend.@};-

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Awesome update and I can't wait for more Luke and Mara mush [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool scene with Kyp and Mara :D Ah, Mara doing the kata--a blend of grace and power :* :) Staying in each other's arms a little while--luscious!! Why move? [face_laugh] ;)

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    dancing_star: Thank you. :)

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: Once she really recovers? probably yes. :) Thank you.

Jedi_Liz: Speaking of E&A? it did already. Thank you. :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER: No, no stink factor going on. Thank you. :)

JediFalcon: Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you, Jade_eyes. :) (There are plenty of reasons not to move? oh yes there are?)

~*~*~*~

Han watched as Leia stood at the kitchen sink, her arms crossed and her shoulders tense. If he hadn?t been able to see her face, he?d have known by her posture that something wasn?t right? ?Leia??

Leia startled and looked up at him. ?What??

He crossed the kitchen to join her at the sink. ?Is something wrong??

Leia looked away from him. ?They?re going on a trade run, Han.?

Han stopped for a moment, letting that sentence sink in. Then he put a hand on her shoulder. ?They?ll be fine.?

Leia was silent for a long while, then looked at him. ?You really think so??

Han nodded, smiling with a strength he did not feel. ?I do. It?ll do them some good, Leia.?

?But??

?No buts,? Han whispered as he pulled Leia into an embrace and kissed her soundly. When they parted, he smiled down at her. ?Besides? they?ve got Dark Star with them, right? She?s not going to let them get hurt, and I wouldn?t want to be on her bad side if someone were threatening Mara. Would you??

Leia stared at him unblinking, and then a chuckle escaped her lips. ?No. I wouldn?t? Thank you.? She pulled him into another kiss.

~*~*~*~

Luke glanced at Mara, smiling as she went through the routine of powering up her ship. She looked? beautiful, even while scanning her instruments and getting a departure vector. Glancing down, he sighed at the glare that Dark Star was still directing at him.

?She?s just being herself, you know,? Mara suddenly said, interrupting his thoughts. ?There?s a ball of string in that compartment over there. See if that helps.?

Luke opened the compartment that she?d motioned to? to find a ball of multi-colored string? ?What is this for??

?Aves gave it to me for her. She likes to chase it.?

Luke bent down and rolled the ball toward the feline. Dark Star looked at the string, then up at him, but didn?t move to jump on it like he thought she would. ?Am I doing this wrong??

?Yes. Unravel it a little, then try.?

Frowning, Luke retrieved the ball of string, and tried again, trailing the string in patterns and snaking it along the deck plate. Dark Star went chasing after it, grabbing it in her teeth.

Mara glanced over and smiled. ?Take off in an hour, you two??

Not the end, really?

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    not the end? more coming?

looks hopeful

Loved the post :)

First reply belongs to me [face_dancing]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun update. The H&L scene was sweet... :)

9. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, wonderful update!! :) Luke playing with Dark Star was cute. [face_love] I'm glad there's still more coming!! [face_dancing]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

10. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    awww, Luke playing with Dark Star, such an innocent picture...

[face_cowboy]Dana[face_cowboy]

11. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    That was so cute. Such a cat thing. I think Luke really got off easy with Dark Star. They always like to change the situation just enough to keep thier human slaves on thier toes. They train us well. One must really be a cat person to figure out what it going on behind those mysterious eyes. As I say in my signature: "Kitty cats do not lie about love." Grat job and thanks.@};-

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Yep. More. Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

Jade_eyes: I?m glad you liked the Han and Leia part. Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, Star. :)

Jedimaster_JainaSolo: It is. Thank you, Dana. :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER: They do indeed train us well. Thank you, Flyswatter. :)

~*~*~*~*~

Luke looked away from Dark Star and saw Mara smiling at him. ?An hour??

?Yes. An hour.?

He patted the spot on the floor next to him. ?Then come over here and join us.?

Mara shook her head. ?I want to watch. You?re cute with a ball of string in your hands like that.?

He mock-glared at her. ?Cute??

?Um-hmm? you might want to pay attention to her. She?s ferocious with a ball of sting sometimes. However did you manage it with her while I was offplanet, hmm??

Amused at the question and mindful of Dark Star?s claws, Luke unraveled the string a little more and Dark Star pounced on it again. ?Come to think of it, I did wonder where my boot laces went??

Mara laughed, and Luke blinked at the sound. She hadn?t laughed like that in way too long. ?Should we search your apartment for those when we get back? If you still want ?em, that is.?

?Probably.? He let the string out some more and made it float in the air. Dark Star stopped and watched curiously. Then she walked round it, and under it. Sniffed it. ?Is she confused?? Luke got his answer when Dark Star bit into the string and tugged it down back to the deck. She let go of it, staring at it as he made it rise again, this time making it seem to move under its own power.

?Luke??

?What? You said she liked the string.?

?You planning on teaching her how to use the Force, too??

Luke frowned and looked at Mara. ?I?m sorry??

?You heard me,? Mara said as she stared at him with a frown deeper than any he?d seen since she?d pulled him all the way to medical by his arm. ?Unnecessary use of power, isn?t it? Stop.?

He blinked at the reminder, and let the string settle back to the deck. ?I was just??

Now she joined him, eyes neutral as could be. She took the ball of string from his hands and set it down, picking up her companion as she did so. ?It?s that simple. How many things we do, that could be explained away with an ?but it doesn?t hurt anyone? or ?it?s just this one time and will never happen again.? Except that one time can turn into many and it does hurt someone eventually. People you love and care about. Ones you?ve never even met. You. Me.?

Luke sat there, blinking at her in utter surprise. She?d been to a place and things had happened to her that he didn?t even want to think about, and yet, here she was, reminding him of how easy it was to slip. He wanted to look away from her, to not face what she was very clearly saying to him, but in the end could only nod. She was right. It was that simple. ?Thank you? Can we try it again??

?No Force tricks with the string,? she reminded him as she let Dark Star down again and handed him the ball of string.

Luke nodded. He could do that. ?One step at a time??

?Yes, Farmboy. One step at a time.?

As he tossed a length of string out for Dark Star and wiggled it a little with his hand, he wondered what he?d do without Mara. Blinking, he shook that thought away? it hit too close to home, nor did he ever want to find out.

They played with the string until flight control commed with their clearance to leave.

~*~*~*~

Mara found him sitting in the small galley, staring at the ball of string in his hands. She watched him for a long moment, and then joined him at the table. ?Ball of string for your thoughts??

?Not even worth one of these,? he mumbled.

?Really??

He put the string down but didn?t look at her. ?I just?? Luke blinked when she took hold of his hands and shook her head. ?What??

?It?s real simple to slip,? she told him. ?The difference between going dark and staying there is that you know you did it and you?ll never do it again.?

Luke nodded. ?I think I understand??

?But every time is a little different, and it is always a choice. Do one or the other, or don?t do them at all.? She peered

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    wow is it still bugging Luke about losing himself to the darkside? I like the way Mara is there for him. I can't wait for more

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I adored this. Mara's Luke's reality check and anchor :* :* She tells him the hard truths and he loves her enough to listen... lands but I adore them!!!! (NK, really?) [face_laugh]

Thanks a million for writing this sweet scene... I know that wasn't easy for Luke to hear but my honey was open to it.

Hugs!!!!!!!

15. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Now she joined him, eyes neutral as could be. She took the ball of string from his hands and set it down, picking up her companion as she did so. ?It?s that simple. How many things we do, that could be explained away with an ?but it doesn?t hurt anyone? or ?it?s just this one time and will never happen again.? Except that one time can turn into many and it does hurt someone eventually. People you love and care about. Ones you?ve never even met. You. Me.?

Luke sat there, blinking at her in utter surprise. She?d been to a place and things had happened to her that he didn?t even want to think about, and yet, here she was, reminding him of how easy it was to slip. He wanted to look away from her, to not face what she was very clearly saying to him, but in the end could only nod. She was right. It was that simple. ?Thank you? Can we try it again??

?No Force tricks with the string,? she reminded him as she let Dark Star down again and handed him the ball of string.

Luke nodded. He could do that. ?One step at a time??

?Yes, Farmboy. One step at a time.?

I loved this!! [face_love] Well done and so glad to see this updated (and still not over [face_dancing])
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. JEDIFLYSWATTER

Dec 10, 2004
    Mara has always had the nerve to not only "teach" the Jedi Master but also to always treat Luke like a regular person. That is why I thought that they needed all that time as best friends to work out issues before they had the courage to cross that line and become lovers. I did personally think think that Mara did over react to the string thing. Can not blame Luke for wronging about the claws. As I always tell people at the vet or have to phyiscally deal with my kitties: "They are fully armed and operational." great job and thanks.

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Corran said it best in I, Jedi? going to the darkside is like being shot multiple times at point blank range. So? yes. Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you, Jade_eyes. Glad it went over well. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, star. :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER: She might have jumped the gun just a tiny bit, but she?s also right. And yep? cats most definitely do come fully armed and operational. Thank you, flyswatter. :)

18. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    After more than ten minutes of silence, Mara sighed. ?I?m sorry.?

Luke set his fork down and studied her. ?For what??

?Coming down on you so hard, Luke,? she said as she looked away from him and he reached across the small table to grab her free hand.

?Don?t be that way, Mara. I did need to hear it, even if it?s the last thing I wanted to hear.? When she still didn?t look at him, he squeezed her hand. ?Hey??

When Mara raised her eyes to look at him, she found him smiling. ?You?re??

?Happy to be here with you,? Luke said earnestly. He waited a beat, then nodded. ?Dark Star, too.?

Mara glanced down at the feline curled once again in her lap and couldn?t help but return his smile. ?She?s really not going to let me go anywhere without her, is she??

?No. Not that that?s a bad thing.?

Mara sat there, taking in the purring animal on her lap and Luke holding her hand, and took a deep cleansing breath. Just like she?d told him earlier: one step at a time, one thing at a time. That was all anyone could ask of either of them.

?And Mara??

?Yes??

?Food?s getting cold.?

Blinking at the sudden change of subject, Mara looked at him again and had to fight the urge to laugh. ?Can?t have that, can we??

?No. It?s better hot.? With a reassuring squeeze, Luke let go of her hand and they returned to eating.

She had to agree... it was definitely better hot.

the end? not hardly?

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Loved the scene between Luke and Mara, they're content with each other and that much is obvious

I can't wait for more

20. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_love]
    That was such a lovely, sweet scene! Perfect! I loved it!! Well done and looking forward to more! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweetness! No wonder I adore them so so much!!!!
    :D

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    JediFalcon: Thank you. :) (More? Okay. I can do that?)

dancing_star: Thank you, star. :)

Jade_eyes: Glad you liked the sweetness there. Thank you, Jade_eyes. :)

~*~*~*~

The Grand Audience Chamber hadn't changed much since she'd been here last, performing her duty as a medic. As she climbed the steps, Ailee almost expected to find a sleeping man on the raised stage.

Standing on the top step, she smiled at that thought and turned to look across the room. It felt so odd not to have her datapad right then...

"Ailee? Is something wrong?"

"No." Ailee glanced at the little girl and sighed. "We have to talk, Princess."

'Princess' blinked up at her in confusion. "About what?"

Ailee sat down on the steps and motioned for the translucent little girl to sit beside her. "Clothing."

"I don't understand."

She motioned to the garments she was wearing. "See these?"

"Yes."

"We wear clothing for modesty and protection. As a sort of... shield against the cold."

'Princess' scrutinized her calmly, obviously still confused. "I'm not cold and I am protected in the Force."

"Humor me here, please." Ailee raised a translucent eyebrow and waited until the little girl seemed to get the point. Soon, she was wearing a... very brown, very plain jumpsuit. "Better."

"I still don't get it. Modesty?"

"Um-hmm... sure, no one can see you, but you can see yourself," Ailee said as she shrugged and looked away. This place... she'd wondered what it had been like, for someone to go unnoticed by all but one person. It was eerie.

"What happened here?" The question was sudden and surprising that Ailee could only turn and stare at the child for several long moments. "Tell me? Please?"

Ailee smiled and put her arm around the little girl. "Well... it all started with your father getting knocked unconscious..." And, after all, for her it had... if not for the persons in question.

~*~*~*~

Mara was sorely tempted to lock Dark Star in her quarters as they docked with the Wild Karrde at their rendezvous point. She knew the feline wouldn't go for it, and that she'd also be under foot the entire time... but she'd been under foot and nearby for weeks on end and now it was common place. Or felt that way. "Think he'll be happy to see us?"

Luke nodded. "I don't know why he wouldn't be happy to see you, Mara. You're... you."

Mara rolled her eyes at him as she unbuckled and stood up. "Really? Well then... You, me, myself, and I are going to go say hello." She glanced down at Dark Star and smiled. "With a chaperone, no less."

Luke stifled a laugh as he followed Mara to the boarding ramp. As they exited the ship, Karrde stood there waiting for them. "Karrde."

"Skywalker," Karrde greeted him, smiling as Mara sighed and finally picked Dark Star up. "You brought her?"

"Couldn't leave her on Coruscant," Mara told him as she handed the feline over. "Here."

Karrde blinked and tried to get a firm grip, but Dark Star hissed and jumped out of his arms to land squarely on the deck beside Mara. "Um..."

Mara shrugged. "So this cargo?"

Karrde paused and studied Mara's face for a moment, glanced at Luke who nodded indiscernably, and nodded. Aside from the odd moment of trying to hand Dark Star off to him, she seemed fine. That was good enough for him. "Right this way," he said as he led them out of the landing bay.

~*~*~*~

"It's medical supplies?" Luke asked as he read the manifest over Mara's shoulder.

"Yes," Karrde answered. "They're going to a planet called Lammarred. You've been there before, Mara."

Mara was still studying the manifest and she nodded. "Kind of out of the way, but the natives are nice."

Karrde glanced down to find Dark Star watching them. He'd noticed she had followed them all the way from the landing bay... "Mara?"

"Hmm?" Mara looked up and saw him gesture downward. "Don't mind her. She's clingy."

"Clingy?"

"It's a thing. Hers, specifically."

Karrde glanced at Luke with raised eyebrows and Luke shook his head. Ah... not something he really needed to ask about. In a way, it made him glad to know that Dark Sta

23. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Loved the interaction, I can't wait for more :D

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very fine update. Dark Star is still very protective I see. I'm enjoying these "flashback" chapters very much. :D

25. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Lovely update!![face_dancing] [face_love]

"Couldn't leave her on Coruscant," Mara told him as she handed the feline over. "Here."

Karrde blinked and tried to get a firm grip, but Dark Star hissed and jumped out of his arms to land squarely on the deck beside Mara. "Um..."

[face_laugh]

Wonderful job and looking forward to more!! [:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.