main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wanting to Leave

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth McClain, Apr 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Colonel Mith?rad?wanu sat down in his command chair in a Chiss fortress on Yavin 13. He, and his garrison of Chiss troops had been studying the Jedi, trying to understand the Force. The colonel longed for the return to Yethui 5, a Chiss-popluated world of 9 million. His forces had been sent by the late Grand Admiral Thrawn soon after the defeat at Sulis Van.
    ?Colonel,? a Chiss lieutenant said.
    ?Yes, lieutenant?? Mith?rad?wanu asked.
    ?A Jedi Transport is leaving Yavin, and coming towards Yavin 8. Shall I tell Major Trith?ral?ranu to pull out?? the lieutenant, Grad?yek?fey, asked.
    ?Yes,? the Chiss leader said. ?We don?t want the Jedi to find us, yet.?

2. Jewel

Jewel Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2000
    Good for a start of a story!

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Thank you!

4. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    i GOT YOUR MAIL, BUT MY FTP PROGRAM CONNECTS TO THE SERVER, BUT SAYS THE LOGIN IS INCORRECT. HELP!

Can you check it and mail me again? The public awaits...
    Thanks

Saeed TTC

5. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Saeed,

I just tried it and it worked. Make sure you are typing it in with the correct upper and lower case.

If you still cannot get it to work, email me. I'm at work right now and do not have your address here.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

6. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Azeem

My mistake - sorry to have troubled you...

It was just me not getting the cAse right. I shouldn't attempt things like that when I'm half asleep!

I'm a little concerned however, that my ISP might time me out half way... I'll let you know how it goes!

Saeed TTC

7. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload update - .avi uploaded okay!

The .mov version is almost twice as big, and the connection timed out . I will try again this evening after work!

Saeed TTC

8. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload Update - My second attempt to upload the .mov version timed out too, but I tried to resume the transfer with another ftp program.

Please check that the movie plays okay!

Thanks, Azeem

Saeed TTC

9. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload Update - Azeem, I just got your e-mail.

I'm sorry to hear the problems you've been having with my film. I will try uploading again right now...

I will also try to download the file back to myself to test it. I'll keep you posted and up to date on this thread.

If we still have problems, I'll try to arrange an upload from work - they have an ISDN line.

Apologies again for inconvenience caused, I know how busy you must be...

Don't worry, we'll get this sorted one way or the other...

Saeed TTC

10. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Don't worry about it. I don't think you are totally to blame for the problems. I hate that server sometimes.

We'll get it worked out.

Azeem

11. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload Update - I just finished uploading the .mov version. It went through without any problems!

I'm going to try to download it now, you may wish to do the same or you can wait till tomorrow when I post the result of my download test.

I guess part of the problems I've been having are to do with the ISP/servers I'm using in the UK, and also due to the fact of wanting to let people view a large version.

Hopefully this will all be worthwhile!

Saeed TTC

[This message has been edited by Saeed (edited 06-11-2000).]

12. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload Update - I'm afraid my download test timed out...

I am now trying the test with 'RealDownload' rather than direct from IE, and will post my results in the next few hours...

Saeed TTC

13. Saeed

May 11, 2000
    Upload Update - SUCCESS...of a sort.

My last test did time out, but I resumed the download with RealDownload and the film played fine. A file that size shouldn't really take so long to DL, but it seems that at least the file on the server is okay.

Saeed TTC

Azeem, if you have any more problems, just let me know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.