main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends War for Power [Prologue + Chapter One] 9/17/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Legacy, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legacy

Legacy Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Main Characters: Kara, Terra (Made Up)
    Rating: PG-13
    Summery: A young woman begins to have flashback leading up to her current position. In the flashbacks she is captured, and learns a sad truth about a secret war, and the role she plays in it.

Prologue

Wind blew heavily on the barren planet. Kara stood kneeled on one knee, a lightsaber grasped loosely in her hand. She had been shot several times in the chest and stomach, she was slowly dying breath by breath. Stormtroopers surrounded her; she was not done yet however, she still had one fight left in her...her last stance. She focused on the force, and channeled it through her weakened body; it gave her just enough strength to pull her arm up, and the power to swing her lightsaber. Thoughts began to rush through her mind; like they say...your whole life flashes before you right before you die.

Chapter 1

A young girl the age of 16 or so stood playing with her hair, she had just moments ago woke up. She had a rough day yesterday, she had her first day training to become a jedi knight. "Kara...", whispered the voice of an old man, a wise man, her trainer. "Kara, you must get ready, we leave in 30 minutes. " Kara sighed as she arose, she walked over to where she was keeping her things. She put on her Jedi robe and grabbed her lightsaber, it was blue. She fixed her hair into a ponytail and left the room. Today was going to be another boring and rough day. She had to go with her trainer to the city, they were going to pick up some parts. It was more or less a training exercise on negotiating. That meant no lightsaber probably, so no fighting. She knew a Jedi wasn't supposed to seek adventure, now want to fight; she just couldn't help it though something deep inside was always wanting to explore, find exitment, do something!

A little while later they were on there way, just a little ways outside the city. Her master was talking to her asking her about her last test, as well as telling her, her faults and mistakes. She paid attention, knowing if she didn't her master would get angry. Kara watched as the city became visible, well only a dot, but it grew into size within seconds, they were there. The two exited the speeder.

Kara's master began to speak, telling Kara to go into the merchant store and come out with the parts. He gave her a sufficient amount of credits, he wanted to see if she would pass the test of negotiating alone. Kara took the credits and walked into the store. She looked around to see a plentiful supply of amazing things. She asked the store manager for the right parts and laid them in the counter. Now was the crappy part Kara thought, she started haggling, but to no avail, she couldn't get a good deal, and was thus falling her mission.

"Look pal." Kara spoke in a serious tone. "I need to take a low price or my master will fail me...again. Please it's not that bad of a deal, you get credits and I get the parts. It's a win win." The manager burst into a laughter and began to take the parts to put up. He was not going to be beaten by this girl.

"Listen!" Kara started again. "My..." Suddenly blaster bolts and screams came from outside. The manager quickly flew into a back room and locked the door shut. Kara didn't know what to do. She stood for a moment then ran outside, her lightsaber was already on. She didn't even notice she had pulled it out. It was almost instinct. She looked around, her eyes zoned in..her master laid dead on the ground. Steam was rising from his body. Kara burst into tears, she ran to her master; not thinking of what or who killed him. Her emotional state was in a craze, as soon as she began to grasp what had happened she got up to try and fight back. However it was to late, she fell a blow to the head, began to get dizzy, and fell to the ground unconscious.

Kara began to come to, a lot of time had passed. She didn't know how long though. At first all she could feel was cold. Wherever she was it really cold. She opened her eyes, all she could se

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Legacy, I think it's a very fine start and that you should most definitelyl continue. I would suggest placing a space between the paragraphs, makes it easier to read. :)

3. Legacy

Legacy Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.