main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive War is Purgatory, 2133-5

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sanctimoniously, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    Everyone denied its coming, but everyone expected it. In February 2133, war exploded between the Outer Colony worlds Ikariee and Imylamunura, shattering the peace that had held ever since the Twelve-Hour War of 2049. By its end, over 107 million soldiers from nearly every system in the Confederation of Planets would be sucked into the worst conflict in human history.

All right, this is my glorious (hopefully) return to GMing here. This is the article about the war we'll be playing here. Please review it to get an idea of what the sides are fighting for, where, and to also pick your side. You can play as the Imylamunuran Army, the Irish Defencive Force, the Galactic Aerospace Holdings Corporation (>Nov 2133) or the Confederate Armed Military Force (2135 only) for the Allied Powers, or the Ikarrian Army or Teff Army for the Red Powers. You can also be a mercenary hired by either side, or a civilian caught in the middle of this awful conflict, if you so desire. 6

We'll start about November 2133, so we can have the fighting going on most of the fronts, and also to introduce GAHC soldiers. But before we go into any fighting, let's go over some weapons and rules.

Most Allied soldiers (and Teff forces) used the tough, reliable M11 Universal Modular Assault Weapon System (UMAWS), which was a 10x40mm assault rifle with a very modular construction. Grips, stocks, barrels, optics, and even the firing mechanism can be swapped in the field with ease. The different variants of the M11 UMAWS are as follows:

-10x20mm submachine gun, ten-inch barrel
    -10x40mm assault rifle, eighteen-inch barrel
    -10x40mm marksman's rifle, twenty-inch barrel
    -10x40mm Squad Automatic Weapon, twenty-inch heavy barrel
    -,358 Magnum semi-automatic sniper rifle, twenty-four inch barrel
    -10-gauge automatic shotgun, eighteen or twelve-inch barrel
    -30mm semiautomatic grenade launcher, eighteen-inch ballistic barrel
    -100mm unguided rocket, no barrel swap needed.

Forces of Ire also used the M64 O'Brien rifle, a simple semiautomatic rifle firing the high-grain "CAMF Select" version of the 10x40mm round. It featured a quick-detach optics mount and a detachable pistol grip for marksman-rifle purposes, as well as a retractable eight-inch bayonet blade for melee attacks. The universal sidearm was the M2106 14,5mm pistol.

The Ikarrian Army used the Garrett 25mm tri-shot cannon, 30 and 40mm automatic grenade launchers (called GMGs), as well as the Harold Mk. 1 25mm anti-armour sniper rifle. Sidearms were never issued to typical ground troops, though officers armed themselves with various pistols.

Rules:
    1. Godmoding is a capital offence.
    2. This isn't 2552. No supersoldiers.
    3. Try to keep the gore and cursing to a minimum.
    4. Don't make any major changes to another player's character.
    5. A maximum of two players per character.
    6. Send all character sheets to me via private message for approval.
    7. Of course, have fun.

As is my custom, I shall post my own character sheet a little later. The template:

Name (last, first, rank):
    Planet of origin (if on Earth, list a more specific location):
    Weapon specialty (rifleman, close-range, support, marksman, sniper, heavy):
    Weapons:
    Front (any of the Ikarrian moons, Imylamunura):
    Brief Bio:

And I think that would be about it...for now. Go now.

2. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Hah, been waiting for this one. I'll have a sheet in prompty, Sanct.

3. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    Goody good. :)

And just a few quick adjustments to the rules, since my edit time is up:

-If you choose to be a civilian, please list a more specific field, such as photojournalist or local.
    -If you're military, list which field (Army, Navy, or CAMF/GAHC Marines).
    -We'll be using the regular Marine and Navy rank rundown. Use the provided lists if you're unsure about the progression.

EDIT (AGAIN): Well, might as well get my character sheet up while I've got the time:

Name (last, first, rank): McAndrews, Alexader (Sergeant)
    Faction (see introduction): GAHC Marine Corps
    Planet of origin (if on Earth, list a more specific location): Earth, West Monroe, Republic of Morehouse and Ouachita
    Weapon specialty (rifleman, close-range, support, marksman, sniper, heavy): Support
    Weapons: M11 SAW, M2106 pistol, stick grenades
    Front (any of the Ikarrian moons, Imylamunura): Imylamunura
    Brief Bio: Decided to join the Marines to help pave his way through college. That was before The First Galactic War broke out, sending him straight to the front lines, in the history-making GAHC Expeditionary Force. Now, despite his earning over fifteen decorations, two medals, and meritorious promotion to his current rank, he is seriously rethinking exactly what he was thinking when he put the pen to the application in the first place.

4. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    Sorry for the double post, but:

Come on! We can't have a good RPG without people!

5. Pheonix_Rising

Pheonix_Rising Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PM Coming Sanct.

6. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    Where is everyone?

7. Sanctimoniously

Dec 28, 2005
    All right, going to give this one last try...

Below are the classes which one can be here and the equipment they would carry. Unless otherwise noted, the classes and equipment are universal.

Allied Powers:

8. Rifleman (Ire only): M64 O'Brien rifle, M2106A3 pistol, 3-4x rifle magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x stick grenade, combat knife

9. Assault: M11 Assault variant, M2106A3 pistol, 3-4x rifle magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x stick grenade, combat knife

10. Designated Marksman: M11 DMR or M64 O'Brien (Ire only), M2106A3 silenced, 3x rifle magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x stick grenade, airstrike designator, combat knife

11. Support: M11 SAW, M2106 pistol, 4x C-magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 3x stick grenade, combat knife

12. SniperM11 ,358, M2106 silenced, 3-5x short magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x stick grenade, airstrike designator, poison blade

13. Close-range: M11 SMG, M2106 pistol, 3-4x drum magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x smoke grenade, 2x flashbang, 2x stick grenade, combat knife

14. Breaching: M11 shotgun, M2106 pistol, 3x shotgun magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x smoke grenade, 2x flashbang, 2x stick grenade, 2-3x breaching charge, combat knife

15. Heavy: M11 grenade launcher, M2106 pistol, 3x grenade launcher magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 4-5x 100mm rocket, airstrike designator, combat knife

16. Stealth (CAMF only): M11 stealth, M2106 silenced, 3x rifle magazine, 2x pistol magazine, adaptive camouflage, poison blade

17. Medic: M11 shotgun, M2106 pistol, 3x shotgun magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x stick grenade, medical supplies, combat knife

18. Pilot (tank): M2106 pistol, 2-3x magazine

19. Pilot (dropship): M11 SMG or M11 shotgun, 2-3x magazine

20. Pilot (LRV): M11 assault, M2106 pistol, 2-3x rifle magazine, 2x pistol magazine

21. Field Grade Officer (Majour-Brigadier General, GAHC only): M11 SMG, M2106 pistol, 2-3x drum magazine, 2x pistol magazine, 2x pickup designator, airstrike designator

22. Skills such as translation, communications, etc. are not related to weapon specialty.

Red Powers:
    Teff forces use generally the same classes as the Allies.

23. Standard: Garrett cannon, 2-3x box magazine, 4x grenade

24. Gunner (30mm): Tarrace Mk. III 30mm automatic cannon

25. Gunner (40mm): Hyatt Forty 40mm automatic cannon, M2106 pistol

26. Officer: Garrett cannon, M2106 pistol, 2-4x box magazine, 2x pistol magazine

27. Long Range: Harold Mark I 25mm rifle, 2-5x magazine, 2x grenade, bayonet, airstrike designator, artillery strike designator
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.