main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive War of Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Tog, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: By request...Tog you can have your NPCs back as soon as you're ready to. ;)

IC as Goblins and Orcs

Valaug shot off a few more arrows at fleeing Humans. There was no part in his body at all that would pity these people. They were his prey and he was their predator. It was more of a game to him.

Getting a smirk across his face, he let another arrow fly and then out of the corner of his eye, several bushes and trees began to shake and sway suddenly. There was no wind to create such a ...distracting notion. The rest of his small army of Orcs and Goblins stopped and stared in confusion at the rustling of the plants and trees.

Valaug glared hard at the bushes and slowly backed up to the rest of his warriors. It was either some kind of creatures or animals. It couldn't possibly be Humans, not this quickly, and then it hit him. The Orc leader narrowed his eyes at his army.

"You let the child get away!" He yelled in pure frustration and ordered to have the group move closer together.

It this was nothing, just some animals, Valaug would slay each and every animal and punish his army for letting the rest of the people getting away from the city of Snowbourn.

Tag: Hector

2. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: As Hector Bronzehides the II
    --------------------------------

Hector watched as the goblins inched torwards their position, the leader coming at his. They probably weren't suspecting anything besides creature's disturbance....

....the foil had worked! These beasts would soom meet their end....on this he sweared on Valor.

He watched as some bold, but still stupid, Goblins enter the brush. For all their brute strength and supposed skill, they didn't even have time to scream before they were stabbed to death....and even that was silent...

...after a few of this, the snow was now slushed with the black blood of goblins.

Hector couldn't help but fill himself with glee at his soldier's superiority over these brutes...

...but not now. Now the leader was coming torward his position...now he had to concentrate on killing him, ending his life...without too much ruckus, to boot.

As soon as he got close enough, Hector suddenly lunged an arm to grab the orc leader, and pull him into the brush...

...and of course kill him.
    ---------------------

TAG: Valaug, any other Goblins/Orcs

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isilmé

Isilmé smiled sadly and placed her hand on the girl's head.
    "I don't know sweety. I'm sorry, but I don't know. Nobody can knwo why these things happen. Those orcs and goblins are monsters, all they do is kill and all they will ever do is kill."
    She moved her hand to the girl's sholder.
    "So all we can do is what we can to protect each other and hope because if we don't, then we will fall."
    Another smile floated across her face.
    "So we need to stay together, alright?"

TAG: girl

4. Master_Ponta

Master_Ponta Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2003
    GM APPROVED:

Character Sheet:

Full Name: Andúnë Celebrindal

Other Name(s): has developed the alias of Saunra Roon, though she only ?adopts? this name in emergencies.

Race: Half-elf.

Appearance: A Medium height, and slender. Dark brown hair and bright green eyes. She wears a dress similar to this one for everyday:

http://www.verymerryseamstress.com/medi.htm#guinivere

Her hair is usually worn down.

Personality: She is compassionate and sympathetic to the needs of those she loves. She has trained long and hard with her sword fighting and archery skills and is now very good, she has seen battle before and though she doesn?t like it she is more than willing to fight for what?s right. Gentle, often mysterious, yet possessing a subtle strength as hard as iron which is often hidden, coming to light mostly against her enemies. She is intelligent and loyal. She is impatient, however, something she did not inherit from her Elvish side. She will obey orders from those in authority but will not hesitate to question something that she feels is dangerous or was done in poor judgment. She is quiet and most of the time will keep her emotions in check.

Weapons: Bow and quiver full of arrows, long elegant Elven sword with a truly extraordinary hilt, given to her by her Elvish father, Huor Celebrindal.

Equipment: Vest made of Mithril, medical kit including many different types of Elvish medicine, a beautiful lightweight saddle for Starfire with two small leather bags for carrying various things. She also carries on her saddle a pouch of water, for both herself and Starfire.

Pets: Her horse Starfire, a well trained stallion. He is a liver chestnut with a bold lightning blaze across his face and one white sock on his back right leg. His mane and tail are flaxen colored, and his eyes are big, brown, and as curious as his owner?s. He has a trinity celtic knot branded on his right hip.

History: Born and raised in Lothlórien, Andúnë spent much of her lifetime exploring on horseback the surrounding territory. She has always tried to help anyone, whether dwarf, hobbit or man. Her philosophy is to help the good side, and if one of them falls, pretty soon all will fall.

5. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    OOC: I said no Mithril, Ponta. Also schools getting tougher so It's gonna be hard for me to check this.

6. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Tyrion

He lay still, his cheek pressed against the top of her soft hair. His mind raced with plans and counter plans. Tyrion knew Celeborn would react to any attack swiftly, his lord had always been brilliant at that, but he knew the effect Loriens champion could have on a battlefield, his predecessor had turned defeat into glorious victory too many times to count and since his own acsention to the title he himself had added heart to his people and turned defeat aside on many occassions. This all felt wrong, the age was coming to an end and this incursion into his peoples lands would only be the beginning. He held Alatariel tighter, Before his people could leave these lands a price would be paid, he only wondered how high...and would he live to see it.

TAG: All

OOC: Sorry about the late post....life sucks :)

7. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    OOC: OOPS! Sorry Tog... :( everyone just ignore that.

8. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: I hate to say this, but I, myself, have had things come up. I will still check the boards occasionally, but my posting time has been cut in half...especially tomorrow...don't expect me at all tomorrow...maybe y'all get lucky. :p However, I will try to come over and do a small IC post tomorrow. Sorry about this.

Master_Ponta, I think it would be best for your character to run into the group with Hector, Isilmé, and Lillliathyn. Currently, Hector and his warriors are off fighting off Goblins and Orcs at the town Snowbourn, while the two women and an NPC little girl (controlled by myself) are hanging back with a group of wounded people. You can choose who you want to meet up with first, the gals or the guys off fighting and fight as well. :)

Speaking of which, SubZero, I will get to your post as soon as I can tomorrow, just hang in there for now...same goes to JMA and Twinky_Stryder - oh yeah. You too, Morkai. ;)

Once again, forgive me, but life has those moments where you'd prefer to spend your time online. lol :p

9. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Elender

Elender looked out from his high vantage point in the tree he lay in. He glanced over to the tent his companion's were in. A vision of his wife's dead body with her grimaced face flashed before him. Elender flinched away. He had nothing left. His wife was his only love. He thought that it would most likely be his last.

Elender stared deeply into the sky. He recalled back before the cursed goblins had come crashing into his life. He saw many view's of his wife happy. But they replaced with the vision of Orcs looting a city and killing it's citizens. Elender vowed that he would dedicate his entire life to the eradication of all orcs and goblins from his beautiful homelands. Mirkwood would be forever rid of the pests.

He told himself that all of his energey would be spent training for the day when it all could end. He saw himself finishing off the Witch-King who he felt was in charge. Glorious battles raged in his mind. He leapt off his perch and landed on the ground. Elender spent his time hacking at the tree. He started using techniques that were banned from his old training circle in Mirkwood. Killing blows that showed no mercy.

As Elender destroyed the tree he thought. i will become a machine of war. I will not rest until I perish or my enemy does before me. I will soak the ground with the blood of Orcs and Goblin. The world will remember my name. I will become merciless, for that was all that my beloved was shown by the murdering scum. There are thousands more like their kind. The worthless grime that had ended her life. She had been overwhelmed by over 50 to one.

Those goblin's got of easy, Elender thought. They got it easy, but now their time is up. Elender is back with a vengeance. Elender continued to blow the tree into oblivion through the night.

Tag: Camp, Tog, Anyone (Not particularly anyone. Maybe reactions to his yelling from the camp.)

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Alatariel Súrion

Alatariel shifted once and leaned back against Tyrion, enjoying his warm and strong arms about her, full of care. However comfortable, or as comfortable as she could get, the Elvish maiden could not get to sleep...well at least not yet. Her mind was turning over each memory of the attacks and each thought of what might come to pass in the future; how long it would drag off for, how brutal it would be in its bloodshed, how many people would die, how many cities lost. This was only the beginning and as it seemed, if these attacks continued, there would be no end to it. The only way to stop it was if either side dropped down defeatedly...but this was far from that point.

She let out a small sigh and mentally scolded herself. She knew exactly where she would be going with these types of thoughts, and sleep would definitely not be that place. The Elvish woman shifted only slightly and let her body and mind ease from the tension of the wary days behind them...and the long and wary days well ahead of them.

Relaxing from troubling thoughts, Alatariel slipped off into a light sleep. The warmth offered by Tyrion's strong only made it happen that much sooner.

A while later, Alatariel stirred from her sleep when she heard noises not far off. Her eyes opened and sensed Elender off - so he was the cause of the sounds. Curious to see what was happening, she slipped out of Tyrion's arms without waking him, hoping the noises would not wake him and rose from her lying position. Heading where Elender was, she moved quietly and gracefully, until she was upon him. The Elf rested her hand on his shoulder with a sad look.

"Are you alright, my dear friend?"

Tag: Elender and Tyrion

IC as Orcs and Goblins

The group of Orc and Goblin warriors watched as a few Goblins headed up the small sloping, grassy hill and peer into the brush and then suddenly disappear. Then they watched as their own leader cautiously head to the brush and then...disappear as well.

The group of fighters, now getting smaller looked at each other with worried looks, until a bigger Orc pushed them aside.

"What are we doing?! Lets go see what this is!"

He rallied up the group and rushed toward the bushes.

Tag: Hector and Men

IC as Little Girl

"So all we can do is what we can to protect each other and hope because if we don't, then we will fall. So we need to stay together, alright?"

The little girl with curly blonde, and currently messed up hair, stared up at the beautiful woman with sad blue eyes. "What about my mommy? Is she okay? What did they do to her and my family!"

Tears began swelling her in eyes, stinging them painfully and once she blinked the relieve the pain, they cascaded down her dirty face, leaving a clean line trailing down her cheeks. She sniffled and wiped her runny nose with the back of her wrist. What was she going to do now? Now that her family was gone?

Tag: Isilmé

11. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Isilmé

Isilmé choked back tears, she couldn't upset the poor girl even more than she already was. She pulled her foreward and hugged her tightly.
    "It will be alright. I swear to you it will be alright."
    She pulled back a bit and wiped at the girl's face with the cleanest edge of her cloak. This child's world was falling down around her and all she wanted to do was take comfort from her mother. But that might never be possible again. For now Isilmé knew she couldn't let this girl despair.
    "There" She said, having finished her cleaning task. "Now, why don't we see if there's any food. I'll keep an eye on you until we can find your mother. I'm Isilmé."

TAG: little girl.

12. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: As Hector Bronzehides the II
    -----------------------------------

Hector and his warriors picked off the goblins one by one, taking advantage of their intelligence...which was not really at scholar level.

Even the leader himself peeped into the bush....his last mistake, as Hector suddenly grabbed him, and killed him....his corpse still reaked at his side, the snow a black slush.

As dumb as goblins and orcs were, though, they eventually found out the strategy...ir still haven't, but were suspicious, wary now of their comrades.

Hector had a plan for that too.

"They're approaching....archers! Unleash a rain of arrows upon these beasts...make them wish they hadn't trifled with Rohan!" Hector ordered of his bowmen.

The archermen eargerly followed...within a few time, they already had the arrows pulling back on the strings.

In the goblins view, arrows suddenly appeared, coming from out the bushes, almost magically...

...aiming straight at the goblins and orcs!
    ---------------

TAG: Goblins/orcs

13. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Elender

Elender was busy chopping up the tree he had mutilated when Alatariel walked up. The tree was all but a stump and he pretended not to notice her. He continued making fire wood until she spoke. She asked if he was alright. Elender turned and stared straight in her eye. He looked for her emotions. He paused then spoke quietly yet with malice that was unknown to his voice.

"Every memory now haunts my being. I cannot sleep for every time I drift I see her. I layed on the tree that was there for three hours and felt no exhaustion. I couldn't sleep at all. As I lay I felt the sorrow of a thousand lives pass through me. So I got up and vowed on my life that i would be the end of it. So I trained myself in the ancient way of the dragon. In my forest home it is unused in our training circle. It is too aggressive it is said. However now i feel all I need is aggression."

Elender could not continue looking into her eyes for they too reminded him of what he had lost. All because he had left her. He chopped even harder. The wood he had been cutting was now in splinters. He swept it away and sheathed his sword. Checking the bandage on his hand he picked up a huge load of wood and left Alatariel standing there. He made three trips and eventually the wood was piled next to the fire.

Feeling his frustration rise he pulled out his brad sword and flung it into the stump of the once mighty tree. He looked to the sky and yelled.

Tag: Camp (Morkai and spacelady, you may bring back the elves at anytime. When you do however, bring something interesting with them.)

14. Master_Ponta

Feb 11, 2003
    OOC: I will post soon... I have been quite busy recently.

15. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Is this dead? C'mon people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.