main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive War of Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Tog, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Post 200! :cool: :p

IC as Alatariel Súrion

Just as Alatariel reached Hector, almost the sharpest pain seared through her shoulders and thighs. She wrenched back, startled, and then felt, through the incredible pain, her body begin to collapse, and during this an echoing scream pierced deep in her mind. She winced and then very slowly straightened herself as the pain and scream faded quickly. Shaking her head to clear her mind from being taken aback and gave a confused look to Hector, even though they both knew he wouldn't know what just happened to the Elvish maiden.

"...I'm very busy right now."

Alatariel took control and concentration once more and nodded, after taking a quick scan at the "convoy" behind them.

"I understand this, but you must take your warriors twenty miles north of Helm's Deep to where the Goblin encampment is located at. During that time, Tyrion, possibly Elender and his Elvish warriors, and myself will not be with you to help. Something is happening in Lorien. We must head there as soon as we can to give our service. I wish you luck if you indeed journey the encampment. You will be missed, my friend." She gave a small smile and moved her arm to give the traditional Elvish salute, but winced at the gash in her arm. Instead, Alatariel just gave a one shouldered (the good arm) shrug and another smile, confident that he would do well.

Tag: Hector and Tyrion

2. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: As Hector Brounzides the II
    ----------------------------------

"I understand this, but you must take your warriors twenty miles north of Helm's Deep to where the Goblin encampment is located at. During that time, Tyrion, possibly Elender and his Elvish warriors, and myself will not be with you to help. Something is happening in Lorien. We must head there as soon as we can to give our service. I wish you luck if you indeed journey the encampment. You will be missed, my friend."

Hector was about to ask what was going on...but he digressed. It was none of his bussiness to pry into the ones of Lorien.

The convoy had to start now...but he wanted to say a few things...

...he truly wanted to express his feelings...

...but no. He wouldn't...he shouldn't.

"Well..." Hector said while thinking of something to mask his emotions, "I pray that we see each other once more. But I must make haste. We have injured in our company, and must reach Edoras as soon as possible."

Hector suddenly gave a loud "HYA!" as he made Lightfoot start...thereby begining the convoy with many injured, soldiers, and Islime and Lilliathyn in tow.
    -------------------------

TAG: Lilliathyn, Islime, Alatariel
    -----------------

OOC: You don't mind that I skip the preparations for Lilliathyn and Islime, right Twinky/JMA?

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: No, it's fine.

IC: Isilmé

Isilmé motioned Light to start moving along. She didn't focus on anything in particular, just riding. It would be some time before they would reach Edoras, hopefully nothing would happen to them along the way.
    People huddled in groups as they stumbled along the way. The worst of the injured were on carts, some moaning and tossing in fever dreams, others just screaming when they were jolted the wrong way. It was a terrible sight, but the sooner they got to their destination, the sooner these people could get help.

TAG: anyone

OOC: Yeah, I know the posts are short, sorry

4. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Alatariel Súrion

Alatariel watched Hector as he thought, waiting quietly. It seemed as he was debating on something, but what that was that seemed to be troubling him, Alatariel wouldn't know.

"I pray that we see each other once more. But I must make haste. We have injured in our company, and must reach Edoras as soon as possible."

The Elvish maiden cocked an eyebrow and opened her mouth to ask what was wrong, but could not get a word out before Hector and his horse took off. She backed up for the carts of wounded Humans to go pass her, her eyebrows furrowed in thought. Was everything okay with Hector. The next time they would meet, she would indeed inquire about this...if they met ever.

Turning to Tyrion, she blinked when she saw Nevatar waiting for her.

I hope this does not take long. Valor knows we are in a desperate hurry.

Tag: Nevatar and Tyrion

5. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Up!

6. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Okay, come on, you guys. Post! :p

IC as Injured Child on Horseback

A small little girl sat, hunched over in the poorly made saddle on the brown horse. She had ridden for a very long time it seemed, tired, in pain, hungry, and most of all, thirsty. Her mother had given her the horse just before her death and had her ride as fast as she could to find some kind of help.

Her home. Snowbourn was suddenly attacked by a large group of Orcs with added Goblins. And the little girl had seen her sisters and mother die before her. Only the Valor knew how lucky she had been to escape.

And then figures in the distance made her sit up the saddle with whatever effort she had and blinked. People? Finally? Her heart lurched and urged the horse on faster. When she came still a little ways away, she climbed off the horse with some difficulty, running the rest of the way to the man in front.

"Please help me! My village has been attacked! Snowbourn has been attacked!" She then started crying, now realizing that she was all alone.

Tag: Hector, Lilliathyn, and Isilmé

7. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    IC: As Hector Bronzehides the II
    ----------------------------------

After they had gone a respectable distance on the route, Hector decided to look back at the convoy he himself was leading....

...the sight made him wince.

The carts, as much as he hated to admit it, were ill-suited for the injured. They rocked back and forth against the walls, only amplifying the injuries...their moans can be heard even from his position.

Not only that, soldiers, still weary from the last battle, hunched on their horses...and he wasn't at top shape either. Lilliathyn and Islime seem to be the only ones not effected....

....all in all, it looked bad.....

A noise...

...what could it be?

It was in fact a horse... on top of it a young maiden...it seemed to be a distress.

She then ran up to him.

"Please help me! My village has been attacked! Snowbourn has been attacked!"

Hector considered this...here was this little girl...yet he had injured on his hands! As heartless as it would seem to regulars, he also couldn't put his men or the crippled in dangger just for the plight of one....

...he continued to consider though, not giving an answer.
    ------------------

TAG: Girl, Lilliathyn, Islime

8. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

She saw Hector talking to the young girl. Turning Light she rode over to them.
    "What's going on? Is another town under attack?" She asked.
    She looked over at Hector, then back to the girl. Her face was desperate, they couldn't just abandon her. She looked sharply back at Hector.
    "Can we spare anybody? How far is the town?"

IC: Hector

9. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    -----------------------------------

Hector still conidered this plight....Snowbourn was a relatively small town...but he couldn't just stand by while another village was attacked...and if Theonden even acted,it would be too late..

...yet he had a convoy to protect...

...he reached a decision.

"Fair lady..." Hector said, kneeling so be on par with the girl's height, "how far is this town of yours? I will do what I can to help you."
    -------------

TAG: Islime, Girl

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Damn you DarthSubZero! :p

IC as Little Girl

The young girl watched as the man stayed quiet. Well? What was he waiting for?! Wasn't he going to do something? Then another woman approached on horseback.

"What's going on? Is another town under attack?"

The girl nodded quickly, wipping her tears from her dirty face.

She turned to point out where, and then realized...where did she come from? She remembered it was in the general east direction, but - she had made turns on the way here...Panic gripped her chest painfully, where did she come from?! Here she began weaping again in overall fear and panic.

"Fair lady...how far is this town of yours? I will do what I can to help you."

The young girl watched as the tall man knelt down to her. She wipped her tears. "Only a few miles....I-I think...I don't remember which direction I came from...."

Tag: Hector and Isilmé

11. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    OOC:.....kewwwweeel, I'm evil. [face_devil] .

-----------------------------------

"Only a few miles....I-I think...I don't remember which direction I came from...."

"Don't worry...what you gave us is enough." He then pointed at the soldiers. "All of you!" he said, "Come with me! We will deal with this goblin threat. Go the direction the girl has pointed out for us untill you find a town...I will be with you shortly."

The soldiers followed their orders obidiently, and Hector knelt down to the girl once more.

"Now...stay here and watch these people," Hector said, pointing at the injured in the carts, "a finger shall not and will not be laid on them. Those two ladies," Hector waved his hand to indicate Lilliathyn and Islime, "will help you. Do you understand?"
    -------------------------

TAG: Girl, Lilliathyn, Islime

12. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Little Girl

The little girl watched the warriors ride off, as the tall man had ordered. He then knelt in front of her again.

"Now...stay here and watch these people," Hector said, pointing at the injured in the carts, "a finger shall not and will not be laid on them. Those two ladies, will help you. Do you understand?"

The small child gave a very tiny and timid nod after looking the carts over. She looked up at him with a saddening look, one that could break any person's heart after seeing a small child like this one give such a look.

"What about my family? Can you save them? You can heal them, right!"

Tag: Hector, Lillliathyn, and Isilmé

13. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    --------------------------------

"What about my family? Can you save them? You can heal them, right!"

Hector couldn't help but let his heart wrench at the look... it was so saddening, so frail...no one, perhaps not even the Witch King, would probably not be able to resist that look.

"Yes....I will do what I can, fair maiden." Hector said, assuring her...and himself, that this would happen.

"Now...I must go. Remember what I told you." Hector then urged Lightfoot on, as the horse went, Hector went, to his soldiers, and face Goblins and Orcs anew.
    ---------------

TAG: The ladies...@};- [face_batting] [face_love]

14. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    Orcs and Goblins at Snowbourn

It was a pure massacre at Snowbourn. Red blood mixed with the snow ((I dont really know if snowbourn is snowy or not so im going with snowy)) making a red slush. Orcs and goblins roared victorisly as they salughtered more and more of the village. The leader of the band, a strong orc, armed with a great bow and a short sword stood on a cliff rock ledge facing the city. His bow was drawn, he took aim at a fleeing mother and baby, he let his arrow fly. The whistling of the shaft was cut out by the roar of the mercliess band, the cry of the mother rose above all as the arrow took her in the chest, impaling her and her child. The orc chuckled and put another shaft to his string and shaught out another target.

A female goblin shaman, clothed in fine cloths; for a goblin; and wearing a wolf head on her head aproched the orc. Her voice was smooth for a goblin's "Valaug, one village got away, a child on horse back." She told Valaug, the orc chieftan.

The orc looked back at the seer, his voice was as harse as Scragg's.
    "One child doesnt matter! It will probally die before it reachs the humans!

The shaman bowed low and walked off, the orc let another shaft fly towards a running human.

Tag: Rohan

15. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Forgive me for the short post. ;)

IC as Little Girl

"Yes....I will do what I can, fair maiden. Now...I must go. Remember what I told you."

The little girl gave another small and timid nod, watching the tall man with black hair mount his horse and take off. Very hesitantly, she looked back over at the people in the carts, wounded badly. She wondered what happened as she looked up at the two women the man had pointed to before. One was holding a baby in her arms.

"I'm scared," she muttered bluntly.

Tag: Hector, Lillliathyn, and Isilmé

16. DarthSubZero

Nov 10, 2006
    --------------------------

Hector soon reached his men, and they were quick to ask of his strategy for the battle.

"Sir, how will we go about this situation...this battle?"

Hector chuckled, and reassure them.

"Our only worry is to reach this Snowbourn...now go East, like the girl said! We will find, defeat, and kill this goblin scum!"

The soldiers shouted in excitement, in bloodlust...and they urged their horses east.
    ---------------------

Finally, they reached Snowbourn...and the massacre could be seen just from a glimpse, the carnage seeable from a mile away.

Here, Hector ordered his soldiers to surrond and immerse themselves around the bushland surronding Snowbourn. Ordering them to make distractions, like rustling bushes, even falling trees, that should distract and attract goblins and orcs...making them sight and defenseless against his hidden warriors.

Now, he himself rustled a bush.
    ----------------

TAG: Goblins/Orcs

17. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    OOC: Okay, I hate to do this, but it's just taking too long and I've got to move the other half of the story line along. I know NickLitYouAFlame wants Elender and his group of Elven warriors to go with Tyrion/Alatariel, but I'm not sure about Nader (sent him a pm about it already) So when you finally return, Nader, you can choose.

IC as Alatariel Súrion

After a while of riding hard and fast, it was now time for a rest, one that would last for the rest of the night, which would only be a few more hours away, but the Elvish woman insisted that they get some rest before going on once more and then fighting again. The only resting period they had between all the fighting was probably an hour, and for Alatariel, she could feel it begin to wear her alertness down.

Sliding off Tyrion's horse, with his help, she took a look around the area. It had some trees that could hide them for some time. Good, she gave a mental nod to and then went to prepare a makeshift camp. It would be dangerous, but she was willing to risk making a small fire. Once she was done, Alatariel slowly sat down on the ground and rested her forehead against her knees, which were bent before her. She worried for the people of Middle-Earth. All of them.

Alatariel closed her eyes and found herself enjoying the peacefulness of the quiet moment, but before she could enjoy it fully, her Elvish senses picked up movement from just behind her. Her head snapped up and turned in the direction. Standing gracefully, she pulled out one of her Elvish blades and carefully crept behind a tree. Very slowly, she peered around it and relaxed her stance when she saw who...no what it was.

The woman gracefully straightened and stepped over the brush, giving a small smile as she approached the brown horse.

"Suilad Sethrith. Ha maer na-"

She stopped dead to find two arrows jutting out of the back of the horse, and then watched in shock as her horse collapsed to the ground. She hurried to him and looked the arrow wounds over. There was nothing she could do to save her horse. She gave a small sigh and rubbed his side, whispering softly in Elvish.

"No sídh."

Alatariel knelt by her horse for a silent moment and then quietly collected her items in the several pouches, when there was no more she could do.

Tag: Tyrion, Elender and Elvish Warriors, and Possibly Nevatar

18. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Tyrion Silverblade

Tyrion made a slow curcuit around the campsite, checking the sentries and talking to them quirtly inturn before stalking back into the main camp. He glided past several elves who were talking quietly over lembas bread then stopped where he found what he had been looking for. Silently he approached her from behind and wrapped his arms around Alatariel, resting his head against hers "You should sleep...there's no more you need to do" he whispereed in her ear as he gently turned her towards where she had laid out her blankets.

TAG: Alatariel, All

19. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Alatariel Súrion

Alatariel slowly stood and straightened herself. She closed her eyes and let out a breath to ease her tense back. Then she felt strong and warm arms going about her, she would have normally grabbed the person and knock him...or her onto the ground and then do her counter attack, but these pair of arms were different. They were of no enemy, but a loved one. She smiled and kept her eyes shut, reveling in the warmth of Tyrion's arms. She leaned her head back against his gently and without helping it, felt a smile trail along her lips.

"You should sleep...there's no more you need to do"

Very slowly, Alatariel opened her eyes and looked up at Tyrion's hazel eyes with a bit of a softer smile. "Perhaps I should...we do have quite the long day tomorrow, and it will take some time before we reach Lorien...I can only hope we reach the city before our enemies do..."

She felt him turn her to where the makeshift beds were and gracefully went to them with him, getting a small playful grin, which was rare for her indeed.

"I do not think I would be able to attempt such a thing, but perhaps...if you tucked me in or gave me a good night kiss, I would." She whispered in Elvish with the same grin up at him.

It felt good to be playful during a time of what seemed like war. Grinning some more, she leaned up and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

Tag: Tyrion and Elender

20. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Isilmé looked form the girl, to the carts and then to where the warriors had gone in the distance. Many things were happening. So many people were under attack, how could they hope to fight back these hordes?
    "Do you think the men will be alright?" She asked. Half to Lilliathyn, half to herself.

TAG: Lilliathyn, women

21. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Lilliathyn Cidell

"Do you think the men will be all right?" Isilmé asked as they watched Hector and his men ride off in the direction the little girl had indicated. Lilliathyn wasn't sure what to say, but finally said, as much to Isilmé as to herself, "I don't know...I hope so."

Her gaze moved to the little girl, and her heart sank. Will the fighting never cease? So many children had already been orphaned by the war...chances were this child had joined their numbers, no matter what Hector said about trying to help her family. Shifting her eyes to her own daughter, she caught herself wondering, if something happened her, what would become of Élyn?

Not caring for this line of thought, Lilliathyn gently kissed Élyn's forehead and stroked the baby's hair, trying to think of something more uplifting.

Tag: Twinky, any

22. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Little Girl

The little girl looked around with a scared face and warily sat down on the ground. It was the best at the moment. She chose to remain silent and just continued on looking around. Without helping it, images of the attack and her family in pain flashed through her mind, feeling hot tears press into her eyes. She blinked them away and shook off the images. Even though her family was far from saving, with none alive, except for herself, the little girl was still stubborn and believed they would be fine. She would just wait for the tall man to return.

The little girl licked her lips. Her throat was unbelievably dry. Standing up with some effort, she looked up at the two women and cleared her throat before speaking. "Do you have any water?"

Tag: Lillliathyn and Isilmé

23. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Tyrion

a small smile graced Tyrion's face as he silently slid down next to Alatariel, he bent forward and drew the blankets up around them, settling with he head against his saddle. His arm slid under the blankets to pull her closer, the clean scent of her hair filled his senses as he pressed his lips against hers. As they lay there, their heads bowed together he whispered (in elvish) "How is that?".

TAG: Alatariel

24. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Isilé looked at the girl, brought out of her thoughts. She smiled slightly.
    "Of course". She slid carefully off Light and took her water skin. It was three-quarters full, more than enough for two people. She uncorked it and handed it to the little girl. She knelt down a bit so that they were eye level.
    "Are you tired? You can ride on my horse if you want to."

TAG: Little girl.

25. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Alatariel Súrion

Alatariel laid down slowly on her makeshift bed and quietly watched Tyrion lay down next to her. He pulled the blankets up and to them, making her smile softly at the action. When she felt his arm go around her and pull her closer, she felt a wave of exhaustion hit her. It was one of those rare times it did actually reach her.

The Elvish maiden smiled a bit more and returned the kiss softly, enjoying the peaceful moment. After a while, she snuggled against him.

"How is that?"

Another small playful smile appeared on her lips. "Perhaps it will do,"

Alatariel chuckled quietly and closed her eyes for a moment.

Tag: Tyrion

IC as Little Girl

The little girl finally let out a smile when one of the women got off her horse and handed her her water pouch. She eagerly raised it up and swallowed some water, thoroughly enjoying the refreshing feeling it gave her and letting it ease her dry mouth and throat. She took a few gulps, but made sure not to drink a lot. If anything, she remembered her manners.

"Are you tired? You can ride on my horse if you want to."

She shook her head and pointed to her own horse that was now grazing at the nearby grass line. Looking back at the woman, she gave her sad look.

"What's going on? Why is this happening?"

Tag: Isilmé and Lillliathyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.