main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of Stars: The Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    Santo-Ghidora's memory wasn't what it used to be. Or maybe it was. He couldn't remember. He ran, he knew that. Maybe he was some kind of athlete. There was a ship, maybe. So yes, yes. A team. They had put them all on a ship of some kind, and the ship had gone away, and now here is was, only the rest of his team were not around, so perhaps he was late or early.

He lifted his head as the old woman shouted, and his eyestalks twitched as she brandished something and then fell over. It seemed to Santo-Ghidorah a random kind of suicide, especially since she hadn't been pointing a weapon at her own back.

Santo-Ghidorah wondered why his head hurt, but then couldn't remember a time when it didn't. Had he fallen? Perhaps he had scrambled his brains.

More people shouting, more shots, and now someone was claiming the old woman wasn't dead. Well that was just plain silly. He'd seen her shoot herself in the back himself.

Did someone say something about a free drink? That would be nice. The Ongree stood up and moved to the bar, trying to keep out of the way of the three liars who were obviously going to cook and eat the body of the old woman.

"I'd like that free drink," he said to the bartender. "Whatever you feel like making will be fine, thank you. Something interesting to enliven my mind." As the bartender worked, Santo-Ghidorah asked, "Did you know the old woman who just shot herself? This place seemed to know her, though the people did not."

TAG: Tyi!

2. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    IC: Trick Chaser
    Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine

Trick Chaser was on the lookout because being on the lookout was his business. In a place as rough as Mos Eisley Cantina, it also didn?t hurt to be careful and mindful, especially around the clientele. Today was no different from any other, he guessed. He was here on business, a hired hand visiting Tatooine to locate and make contact with two new agents.

The fact that they don?t know they?re agents is a mere technicality, the Devaronian thought with amusement. His two targets were so deeply embroiled with what was going down that they would never suspect anything until it was too late.

And it was already too late.

Scratching at a mark on his one hand, the pink skinned humanoid glanced around the bustling cantina once more. Everything was under control. He already had his marks in sight: the black furred Shistavanen and his small Lannik partner were heading in his direction, most likely because they knew that trouble was brewing.

Their contact, the ageing, former Cantina publican named Bursha, had just been shot dead. It had gone to plan, then; she had been destined to die, but Trick hadn?t suspected that her contract was due for termination today.

But then maybe I read my memo wrong?

Keeping his shoulders hunched and leaning over his drink, Trick watched the pair approach. His golden eyes never wavered, and he even inhaled, preparing to call them over. But instead, a Togruta a few tables closer to them appeared to halt their progress. He must have said something or challenged them because both looked uncomfortable.

Damn it, Trick thought miserably. He couldn?t hear them, either, despite this part of the cantina being less frequented. Maybe this is temporary?

The Devaronian frowned, eyeing the Shistavanen as he relaxed and placed his partner on the ground. The three beings seemed to be conversing, and this alone was sloppy, especially considering the impending assignment they were to be given. It would do no good if they were so conspicuous ?

And then, as if inspired by spice, the Togruta leapt to his feet and ran towards the recently deceased Bursha, yelling that he was a medic. The behaviour was unsettling enough, but the Shistavanen and Lannik followed suit.

This wasn?t right. Trick clambered out from his booth to follow them?

Tag: No one yet.

3. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    IC: Atrice Quince
    Mos Eisley Cantina

"Well, Mr Pirate, I think we are about even. The only thing in this life that is free is air, and that's because they haven't figured out how to charge us or levy a tax upon it. The only thing I have in my pocket at this moment is a pallie that I lifted from a vendor, and you saved me from passing out with this water - so I owe you one."

Her eyes darted about the tavern. She had walked past the dead woman as if seeing dead people everyday, was a common occurrence. The woman was dead, no doubt about that.Atrice finished the water and spun the empty bottle upon the table.

A finger nervously tapped the table. She was getting a queasy feeling in the pit of her stomach - and it was not from hunger. She had a bad feeling something was about to happen.

"I think we better get out of here...something's about to occur and I for one don't want to end up like that poor woman."

Tag: The Mysterious Pirate

4. War_Hero

War_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2006
    IC: Cabro
    Shrik's Hideout

The guard cam back outside and said "Under the order of lord shrik I must get rid of you." Cabro somehow evaded the blaster shot and returned fire and took down the guard. He was going to be stealthy if he was going to make it out of this place alive, assuming that his wife was here.

He proceeded in quietly while taking cover. No one was around, so he proceeded down the hallway taking cover behind craes of stolen items and hijacked vehicles. There were a couple henchmen that had passed by, but they too were also avoided. Cabro had taken cover for too long at one point becasue he was spotted by a couple of Rodians. They punched him so they could grab him. Cabro knew where they would take him. Luckily, they were idiots and didnt see that he had a blaster holstered onto his right hip.

5. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    OOC: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Tyi did an IC to "set you back on track", War_Hero...

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    OOC: Indeed.

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as Hurbo Buster:
    Buster's Laugh (Mos Eisley Shop), Tatooine

Hurbo Buster laughed at this human's enquiry.

"This world is filled with strange people and things ? and things that are called people," the Rodian added as his ears bobbed. "That's why you need shops like mine to help you against these very same things." Hurbo smiled, still trying to loosen this customer up a bit.

"The one thing that I wish would sell more are those conniving little pit droids..." he mumbled this time, hearing the man's further explanation. "But that's not a weapon now, is it?" Hurbo's professional smile returned.

"I do happen to have in stock this very fine vibroshiv, my good sir. If you're worried about strange things, and rightly so, this will make you feel perfectly safe wherever you travel."

The Rodian's snout was still curved in a smile.

TAG: Sarge221

[b]IC as Street Vendor:[/b]
    [i]Outside the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Street Vendor had been selling things on the street for so long that her bones ached. She had even forgotten her name somewhere done the track, having been called a street vendor so many times that it became ingrained into her mind.

Names didn't mean much to her now.

So it was no surprise when a muscular looking man came rushing out of the cantina and called her by "you". It suited Street Vendor fine.

When the odd looking mechanical thing following this particular human stopped before old Street Vendor as well, that's when she realised two things: Jawa's didn't have manners and she should really not set up her stall so near to the cantina the next day.

"Juwus, juwus, juwus. They're everywhere!" Street Vendor opened her mouth in a toothless smile. "Look here, juwus! Look there, juwus!

"Over there juwus!" she nearly screamed as a crooked finger pointed down an empty alley ? although it depended on whether you were following the sharply bent finger or the direction of her knuckles.

Perhaps if they bought something from her stall she might be more clear. Or if they used another form of persuasion.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Darth_Meerkat, Winged_Jedi[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC as Wil Sum:[/b]
    [i]On the street of Mos Eisley, near the cantina and Buster's Laugh, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]The rags he was dressed in were really starting to itch. Wil didn't know why he was even doing this, but he carried on regardless. [i]He had better pay well....

Well, at least I'll know it's more than what I could get off the street.[/i]

Wil smiled inwardly at his thoughts as he humbly reached out to touch the pants of a man passing by. So far he had only gained one thing from his begging: a cup of Jawa Juice some kind soul had run in and bought from the nearby cantina.

Wil's lack of anything else might just have been because of the beggar's unusual request when someone actually stopped for him. And this time was no different ? a taller human had looked down at him and asked if he could be of any help.

"Tha... that shop, kind sir," Wil started to say, trying to make his voice sound beaten. As he spoke he motioned to a building nearby, the word [i]Buster's[/i] scrawled across the front.

"He knows... He Knows Who I Am," the beggar suddenly said with power. He looked directly into the eyes of this stranger.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: BLemelisk[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC as the woman sitting at the bar:[/b]
    [i]Sitting at the bar, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Nodding numbly in response to the man's urgings for her to quiet down, the woman sitting at the bar flicked a black curl behind her ear. No one had visibly reacted to her outbursts, but loud talking was often what one would hear in this cantina.

"You have to [i]search[/i] to find Shrik? Are you?"

The woman sitting at the bar cut off when there was even louder shouting behind them and two protocol droids suddenly decided to disintegrate. Although maybe they hadn't made the choice themselves, she wasn't so sure after seeing two new droids barge up to the

8. Darth_Meerkat

Darth_Meerkat Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2006
    IC: Tharc

"Juwus, juwus, juwus. They're everywhere!" Street Vendor opened her mouth in a toothless smile. "Look here, juwus! Look there, juwus! Over there juwus!" she nearly screamed as a crooked finger pointed down an empty alley ? although it depended on whether you were following the sharply bent finger or the direction of her knuckles.

"Indeed. I'll tell you what. We're already splitting the loot. I'll give you half of my share of the stuff if you tell us which way they went," Tharc turned toward his newfound ally. "Unless you want to cut her in for a third?"

TAG: W_J, Tyi (depending on W_J's response)

9. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    OOC: Gosh, you guys make it hard to formulate posts :p I'm really having to work at this!

IC: Ikkila Bedda

'Brother?'

She didn't even blink in surprise. She turned to face both men front-on. "Pleasure to meet you Jarc. I haven't seen you in a long while, Brother." she added, appraising the man who claimed to be her kin in a way that would not be appropriate for family. A small smile graced her pale features. "What name do you travel under now?"

Watching calmly as both HK droids destroyed the relative peace and quiet of the cantina, along with two droids, Ikkila made note of the patrons who seemed worried and those who didn't. The formidable killing machines drew away the barkeep's attention before he could answer her question, leaving her with the two men. Another announcement - that Bursha was alive - filtered through her single minded desire to eat and drink, but she couldn't give it the attention it warranted just yet.

"Brother, Jarc, I have to work. But please, wait for me." She insisted, bowing her head a little. She wasn't 100% sure that the four-armed barkeep had meant the scrap metal that had been created by the HKs, or the assassin droids themselves. The desire for water and food perhaps addling her rational thought, Ikkila decided to go for the hardest task first, hoping the easier one would fix itself.

She took a deep breath, wet her lips with a quick flick of her tongue and gained the attention of one of the droids.

"It is desired that you leave immediately, but I can see you need something before you do. Tell me what it is and I will endeavour to find it so you can leave with all haste." she said in a strong, calm voice. Inside, she practically screamed in fear 'Get out get out get out get out get out don't kill me get out...'

Tag: Reynar, Sai and Tyi

10. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    IC: October North

Deep in the core, everything intrudes...

October's head was aching as he crouched by the dead woman he was currently proclaiming to be alive. It was all around, the intruder, reverberating within and suffocating his very senses like some constantly shifting foam. October tried to push away the growing sense of claustrophobia, willing himself to focus.

Why do I always make things so complicated?

He could not tell whether anyone in the cantina was paying them attention. The echoes would not stay still when he moved rapidly, so he had to trust the Concise One to be his eyes. Yet the Shistavanen would be his vision. It takes more than eyes to see.

More than eyes indeed.

"Hurry, get her out," October shouted once more, motioning for the Shistavanen to carry the body outside.

Everything intrudes...

October tried to get up, grasping his montrals in a physical attempt to steady himself. The echoes continued to pour in. More than an immersion of touch, a potpourri of smell or a cacophony of sound - it echoed. And the world was ablaze with vivid darkness.

"Help me get out, Shistavanen," he called out softly. "You must be the one to see, for I am blind."
    Tag: Deto

[b]IC: HK-81 & HK-82[/b]

[i]Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote][color=indigo][i]Admission: Killing you would indeed be pleasurable, oceanic meatbag.[/i][/color]

The two assassin droids stood, implacable, at the establishment's bar, ruby eyes gleaming ominously through the hazy cantina atmosphere. Neither appeared to be slightest bit purturbed when nearby patrons failed to bow down in terror. In fact, they almost appeared to smile. Perhaps this was the irony of their existence.

[color=indigo][i]Patient Explanation: Any information you might have, oceanic meatbag, would still be valuable to me after you are dead and there are plenty of other mouths in this facility.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][i]Crude Joke: I do not have the patience circuits to fish for information any longer - your life is rapidly sinking.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Appreciation: Ha. Ha.[/i][/color]

Having listened while this second droid continued interrogating his arbitrary customer of choice, the first droid refocused on the bartender and adjacent humans.

[color=brown][i]Observation: Your response does not align with your stated valuation of present appendages.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Warning: These appendages will soon decrease in number unless you give me information on the medium-sized Ryn called Minks Vorba.[/i][/color]

The droid turned his head suddenly to squarely face the humans.

[color=brown][i]Patronising Suggestion: You meatbags should attempt to leave now. I will count to five before moving to hunt you down.[/i][/color][/blockquote][b]Tag: Zedd-Vega, Tyi, Reynar_Tedros, PulsarSkate, Kev-Mas_Colcha[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Dim[/b]

[i]Mos Eisley street, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]As usual, the evening air in Mos Eisley was dry and dusty. Dim, a mildly overweight Sullustan, walked quickly into the Mos Eisley Cantina in search of a drink to wet his parched throat.

The cantina was crowded and he had to squeeze in beside an Ongree to reach the bar. Hailing a random serving droid, Dim ordered a large Mango Salsa as a special treat.

Since Dim was the quiet sort and the place was beginning to heat up, he downed his beverage quickly and headed back out into the Tatooine night.[/blockquote][b]Tag: nobody[/b]

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The Cosmic/Mysterious/Dirty Thieving Pirate
    Mos Eisley Cantina

He frowned, not at Atrice, but at the situation.

"That would be the logical thing to do, would it not?"

He glanced over at an oddly busy part of the building. Arguments, threats from droids, and a woman either dead or dying. Or passed out, it was really hard to tell.

"Sadly, my dear, I'm far from logical in the face of injustice. Excuse me for a moment. Duck and cover if something happens."

The Pirate stood up, and strode over to the HK droids. He put on a cheerful smile, and tapped one on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, but I don't think threats are really the best idea right now. Why don't we all sit down, calm down, and disscuss this. What d'you say?"

The Pirate had heard their threats, and wasn't exactly keen on this course of action, but nobility came at a price.

Tag: HK-81 & HK-82, Atrice

12. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    IC: Atrice
    Mos Eisley Cantina

Her mouth dropped as she watch Cosmic , Pirate, or whatever he choose to call himself stroll over and engage the droids. Atrice had yet other names for him, 'Cosmo, the Foolish One' or 'Cozie the Short-Lived'.

Slowly Atrice began to slide down in the seat, ready to turn over the table or crawl over to the exit.

Tag: Cosmo, the Foolish, anyone....

13. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    IC: Santo-Ghidorah, in the Cantina

"Pardon, woman," said the Ongree as he watched the woman crawling past him. "While I wait for the bartender...did you know the deceased old woman who the cannibals just took out of here?"

TAG: Atrice

14. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    IC: Atrice
    Mos Eisley Cantina,
    The very dirty floor

Atrice looked up. Interesting one's perspective from the floor. She had discovered that much of the floor was covered in a sticky substance and most likely it had not been mopped in some time.

An Ongree gazed down upon Atrice and asked if she had known the deceased woman.

"No, gentle being, I know not. Unless her name was Thelmesh..."

A wild idea came into her mind. Perhaps Atrice thought ,I should just stand up and shout if anyone knew such a being...but with Cosmo the Insane Pirate about to instigate what may be the mother of all bar brawls, I may be wiser to continue to seek the sanctuary of the floor.

Tag: The Ongree...anyone else...

15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    IC: Kanvin Marao
    Tatooine, Mos Eisley Cantina

Kanvin was shocked when he saw two erratic droids walk into the cantina. Thinking quickly, he started walking out of the cantina, saying "Well, I guess I'm leaving". He then, outside of the cantina, found a few Jawas scrambled around what remained of his swoop. Not getting mad, but rather taking advantage of this situation, tried to convince the Jawas to do something.

"Hey, you guys, I think you'll find even more loot if you go into that cantina and blast some HK droids. I'll guard your stuff right here, I promise..."

He did this, knowing that Jawas were plenty capable of taking on anything Mechanical, equipped with Ion Rifles and Droid Callers.

TAG: Tyi

16. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    IC Kelly Akura
    Cantina, Mos Eisley

"You have to search to find Shrik? Are you?"

The drunken barfly?s ephemeral statement was interrupted as two protocol droids standing adjacent to the bar were incinerated by a pair of blaster shots. Kelly ducked his head to avoid any more hostile fire he portended would occur. As he slowly lifted his head from the bar, the woman?s could no longer handle the menial task of standing upright and quickly fell into what would soon become a puddle of her own drool. Looking behind him, Kelly saw a pair of depraved assassin droids walking through the wreckage of the freshly obliterated protocol droids.

The two droids sparked a conversation with the half-a-dozen or so group gathered around the bar, including the bartender. Kelly sat quietly, listening to the esoteric conversation which began to take place involving the bartender and an amphibian-like being he had spotted at the bar earlier.

Kelly was unsure if the saturnine pair was associated with the shooting in the Cantina earlier, or if they had any relation to Shrik, the one he was in search of. He knew he would no longer be able to secure information from the woman he sat next to as she was incapacitated, so he boldly decided to accost the droids; to see if they could lead him to Shrik. The woman spoke of this man as being an intimidating figure, and that his ?Goons? were omnipresent so it would not be so far-fetched if the two droids worked for him in some way.

Still startled from the inordinate amount of action he was used to; Kelly calmly stated the words, ?Shrik.?

The combination of nerves and an un-quenched thirst didn?t allow for his statement to be audible. He paused for a second, straightened himself out, cleared his throat and then in a more bold and audible manner he spoke the word, ?Shrik? to the droids. Wanting to gauge a positive reaction, Kelly waited.

TAG-Sai, Others around bar.

17. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    IC as Tashivranek Lok

Mos Eisley was an interesting place. Despite the fact that a woman?s body lay there by the entrance, a smouldering blaster wound in her back, no one seemed to care. Some important altercation by the bar had seemed to draw everyone?s attention away from her corpse ? from her ?saviours? ? and for Tashivranek the Sistavanen, this was more than alright.

The last thing he wanted was prying eyes, or even worse, meddling drunks. After all, why would I want to further my chances of getting killed tonight?

Upon reaching the frail, slight body of the human woman, Tashivranek had crouched beside the nameless Togruta to assist him. Lifting her out of the cantina would be easy, especially for a well build Shistavanen?but doing this with the assistance of a blind Togruta? Well, that was a different story altogether.

He frowned, glancing back towards Mannie. ?Look, I?ll just carry her out. Grab a hold of my cloak and I?ll lead the way,? he said. It was probably what the other alien had in mind, anyway. ?Just watch the steps.?

Bending low and glancing around once more, he lifted the woman?s limp body and slung her unceremoniously over one shoulder. Oblivious to how he should handle the wounded or dead of a species anatomically alien to him, he brushed the Togruta?s hand with a loose section of his cloak.

He would have to lead the way.

Tag: Sai

[b]IC: Mannie Sant[/b]
    [i]By the entrance, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

Interestingly, Mannie had noted that no one seemed to care what the three of them were doing. Some humorous assassin droids had taken up a position at the counter and were demanding information about a Ryn.

[i]This clearly is not a good night for business?[/i]

Or was it business as usual? Mannie didn?t know; Tatooine wasn?t his home and he couldn?t wait to leave the ball of dust far behind him.

[i]But wait?[/i]

The diminutive Lannik remembered what he was meant to be doing. He eyed the crowd some more, waiting as Tashivranek and the Togruta figured out what they were going to do?

[b]Tag: no one?[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Trick Chaser [/b]

?Bloody hell,? the Devaronian cursed. He moved through the bustle of drunk, bemused, frightened and savvy customers, trying to catch a glimpse of his targets over the heads of the patrons. He dodged a few, but managed to run straight into a well-built Twi?lek. He felt a sharp but brief pain in his side as the collision occurred, apologised as he regained his composure, and continued onwards.

He needed to keep pace with the Shistavanen and Lannik if he was to ever make contact with them.

[b]Tag: Myself? :p [/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Severance[/b]

Severance the Twi?lek had seen the Devaronian coming. The horned, pink skinned humanoid appeared to be anxious about something and was heading for the exit. Was he in trouble with the authorities? Had he left his credits at home? Did he even have a home?

The Twi?lek actually didn?t care. He knew the answer, anyway. He had been told that the Devaronian was an agent ? a spy ? for the enemy, so that was all that mattered. So as the horned being sidestepped and hurried through the throng of cantina patrons, Severance made sure that he got in his way at just the right time.

As the two aliens collided, the Twi?lek flicked his wrist and stabbed the Devaronian with a poisoned hypodermic. Just as quickly, he withdrew the needle, using the force of the collision to allow it to fall from his hand and skitter across the floor out of sight.

Both Devaronian and Twi?lek apologised, then went their separate ways.

[b]Tag: no one[/b]

18. War_Hero

War_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2006
    OOC: Sorry, I did not see that post. when I get the chance I will be sure to start of from wher Tyi left orf.

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Outside Cantina, Mos Eisley, Tatooine
    No Credits

[Analysis: Street vendor unable to convey coherent or useful information; Conclusion- lack of proficiency in Standard Galactic Basic OR reluctance to be communicative/helpful]

Gash strode forwards.

[Recommendation: Frame enquiry in alternative manner]
    [Physical intimidation;- Probability 97% effectiveness (Y) or (N)? (Y)]

?"Indeed,? says the muscular human, prompting Gash to stop and wait until his new ally had finished speaking. ?I'll tell you what. We're already splitting the loot. I'll give you half of my share of the stuff if you tell us which way they went," The human turns toward his ally. "Unless you want to cut her in for a third?"

Kill

[aerarERROR;;resolved;;Human requests bargain with vendor; end conversation and begin course of action A]

?No,? says Gash simply to his human ally, and rushes forward, one arm outstretched. With one hand he grabs the haggard vendor by the neck and tightens his grip, Anzati claws threatening to pierce the being?s torn and aged skin.

?Inform us of the direction in which the hostiles moved and I will cease my current course of action. If you refuse to tell us then I intend to strangulate you until you are dead. I would prefer that this situation is resolved without your execution.?

Kill

[aae#23q1ANaLYSis: Memory ERROR]
    [Resolved;- Analysis: 98% likelihood of vendor communicating desired information]
    [Recommendation: Terminate her whether information is communicated or not; (Y) or (N)?]

[(Y)]

Tag: Tyi, Darth_Meerkat

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    ooc: Sorry this took so long...

IC: Jay Bryce
    Cantina

Jay was waiting for the man to respond when another being, a twi'lek with a tinge to him that made him look almost sickly, walked up to the table as if he owned it.

"May I sit?" were the first words to leave his mouth. They were soon followed without missing a beat by: "Thanks eh. To my dear friends." He raised his new drink again and swallowed some more.

Jay tried to shoot him a deadly glare to no avail.

"Lovely day, in't it? What bright light this world has eh?" More drink. "Some amazing creatures too, very large, powerful eh â?? more than those little critters in the caves," he added, apparently referring to some thing from his past.

He still addressed both men, not caring who responded. One had an odd hat on his head that circled around his head.

"What about those banthas eh? Ever seen one of those furry things?"

The Twi'lek finished with another swig of fluid, emptying the remains that used to be inside the glass. His joyous mood didn't seem to be affected at all.

"Are you gettin' at somethin' sweet-talker...or you jus' lookin' for a free drink?" Jay spoke in his rough voice, keeping a hand under the table, even though no gun was there to draw..."

Bryce had encountered his type before. Not just a Twi'Lek, but his personalitly type...though it was common among the race. He was a fast talker, evasive, and though he showed the standard signs of intoxication, Bryce could tell by subtle movements many of the mannerisms were forced. This was the kind of person you never wanted to meet while you were drunk, broke, or any nmber of other things. He'd sell you a hundered year old land speeder, with a combustion engine and wheels, for double the price of a new air speeder if you sat with them long enough. Bryce didn't like those types. You couldn't trust them and in his line of work...his old line of work...you had to trust everyone you dealt with. He'd learned that the hard way.

Tag: Tyi

21. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    IC: October North

Not wished for, yet forever it echoes....

October's mind swam as exaggerated sensory input crashed on top of a swirl of shifting echoes. The darkness was strikingly distinct in its countors, yet ultimately without meaning - a never-ending haze of impressions that could never quite be grasped. While he tried to make out the faint sound of the Shistavanen's voice through the mental fog, it was an uncertain thing and he continued to remain still.

I didn't ask for this resplendent depravation.

There was too much of the world for any one being. October's eyes began to twitch uncontrollably as the echoes tried to give him everything at once. They were wheeling him down now, strapped in without sensation. Overhead, the dim corridors provided a pre-punishment sentence of their own, forever marring his last seeing journey with oppressive light. He tried to scream, but they had taken his voice. All that was left he was condemned to lose. And it echoed his curse, ever louder as if the intruder sensed a victim all its own.

Trust the echoes....

"Thaaaaa!" October exhaled in shock, tearing free of the horrendous images. His breathing was ragged, first in terror and then anger.

The echoes do nothing but betray.

Fury began to seep into his perception, sharpening some things, blurring others. He felt fabric tingle across his hand and he instinctively grasped it, drawing strength to stand.

"Thank you Shistavanen. I am following."
    Tag: Deto

[b]IC: HK-81 & HK-82[/b]

[blockquote][color=indigo][i]Demeaning Retort: Shrik yourself.[/i][/color]

The copper hued assassin droid raised its weapon towards the human, then jerked its head towards the bar and immediately swung it back in apparent confusion.

[color=indigo][i]Statement: You baffle my logic circuits, meatbag. I have half a mind to terminate you - or would, if I started having minds.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][i]Question: What is this term, Shrik, to which you refer?[/i][/color]

Standing further along the bar, the second droid's identical looking companion appeared to be engrossed in equally confusing dialogue.

[color=brown][i]Exclamatory Question: Immediately?[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Observation: I can incinerate this facility in the time it takes you to expel gas, meatbag.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Firm Suggestion: The only paramount occurrence here should be your cooperation.[/i][/color]

Another human looking patron suddenly walked into the conversation and suggested that threats were not the best idea. The first droid swiveled towards him in seeming shock.

[color=brown][i]Disdainful Assessment: Your logic centre must be malfunctioning, meatbag. Rudimentary analysis of this situation should dispel you of any belief that calmness is within my operating capabilities.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Anecdote: While technically possible, sitting down is not required for an assassin droid to enter discussion.[/i][/color]

The droid seemed to straighten.

[color=brown][i]Discussion: I propose your death.[/i][/color][/blockquote][b]Tag: YoungAngus, PulsarSkate, Penguinator[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Dim[/b]

[i]Mos Eisley street, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]On his way from the cantina, Dim passed an outdoor market in the final stages of packing up for the day. Being a Sullustan, and a paunchy one at that, this passing was done rather slowly.

At the very last stall, he noticed a collection of gift items that had yet to be taken down. Knowing he would need a present later, Dim approached the stall and bought a remote triggerable Detonating Rabbit.

By now the temperature had begun to drop rapidly, so Dim bundled up his purchase and quickly waddled on.[/blockquote][b]Tag: nobody[/b]

22. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    IC as Tashivranek Lok

Tashivranek glanced back towards Mannie Sant in an attempt to catch his eye, but the Lannik was looking elsewhere. The Shistavanen shrugged nonchalantly, turning back to the blind Togruta. Why is it that I seem to be picking up these challenged individuals? Mannie?s so short that his presence makes him too conspicuous for a spy, and now I have the pleasure of a blind?s company.

Why indeed? The Shistavanen didn?t understand.

Once the Togruta had a section of his cloak, Tashivranek guided him up and stairs and through the entrance. The Mos Eisley street that greeted him was darkening, but still teeming with life. It was just so typical that whenever he needed some privacy, there never was any.

Just like the confusing time on Eriadu almost a year back, he thought dismally. But in a city of such vice I?m sure no one'll give a damn what we?re doing.

Coming to a halt near the cantina?s entry, he gently placed the dead woman on the sandy ground. He glanced around again then turned to his new partner in crime. ?So, a good friend of mine?s a cannibal and would?never mind. What?re we going to do now? I don?t think we can keep her here, because she looks pretty messed up. If you look here?never mind.?

Tashivranek sighed and peered back towards the cantina?s entrance.

Mannie, he was sure, would catch up as soon as he realised they weren?t there anymore.

Tag: Sai (that?s all I can manage? [face_plain] )

23. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    IC: Ikkila Bedda

Discussion: I propose your death.

She baulked at this. Others had already backed up her proposal that the droids should leave, so she was in the midst now. The scruffy, dramatic one, possibly a pirate, looked like he would take a blaster shot in the name of noblity. It would not end well and this whole escapade was hampering Ikkila's progress in keeping her hunger at bay.

An idea came, like a beacon. A dangerous, burning, poison-gas belching beacon.

"I know Minks Vorba." she said, stepping past the pirate and addressing the droids directly. "Resides two buildings down, behind the swoop bike betting station." she added, giving the address of her own squat. "If you leave now, you will catch Minks before work."

Tag: Sai, YoungAngus, Penguinator, Reynar...Tyi!

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as the woman sitting at the bar:
    Sitting at the bar, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine

Face planted on the hard counter of the bar, the woman sitting at the bar was experiencing such a beautiful bliss that nearly all thought had left her mind.

Colours... oh so many colours would have been the only words one would find if her mind had been as open as exhaust pipes are on space stations.

As black curls hung lazily over her head, the firm grip on her cup slowly loosened to the point of non-existence. Without the support, her arm became as fluid as her drool and slid slowly off the bar counter.

This small dislodging of her luxurious position started an avalanche. Face, body and other arm soon followed the first arm.

And like that, the woman sitting at the bar smacked into the stool next to her and rebounded back onto the floor, body appendages flailing every which way as she landed on her back.

The woman sitting at the bar was no longer sitting at the bar.

A travesty.

TAG: No one

[b]IC as Yinra:[/b]
    [i]Behind the bar, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Beings swarmed around the two droids. Yinra seriously wondered whether any of them even cared much for their own life. One thing was for sure: he knew the droids didn't.

One being surprised him even further by approaching the bar beside them and completely ignoring the droids. Yinra eyed the Ongree curiously from his perch, deciding to quickly retort to his question before anything else.

"She was an old hag," the Quermian bartender replied. "And sure this [i]place[/i] knew her all right. Too well in fact. No more free drinks," he added, knowing that this triangular headed alien had surely heard his offer to the previous group. As he spoke, he noticed the body of Bursha being carried outside. He paid it no heed. There was nothing left there.

Turning back to the HK droids with hidden frustration, Yinra had no change on his face after hearing their peculiar request. Why they wanted information on dear old Minky, he didn't know. One of the humans who approached the droids threw out an even more peculiar name to state so simply. Yinra briefly wondered if the name was meant as a threat to the droids.

The assassin droids' response to the name satisfied Yinra. He knew now that either Shrik had hired impossibly dumb droids or that he had kept his word. But there was a more immediate problem at hand, and that was the continual talk of death from the droids. It was a general rule that you don't upset the bartender at the Mos Eisley Cantina, but Yinra supposed that, after all, these were mechanical scrap heaps in front of him and he couldn't see them seeing anything general.

When the human female spoke up again speaking of knowledge to where Minky dink was, the Quermian's thoughts ran. He hadn't a clue who she was and only moments ago she had been looking for some extra credits. How she had a connection to sweet old Minky was his main eyebrow raiser. But he realised that she had spoken boldly to the droids beforehand, asking what they wanted. When they answered, she responded without hesitating. Regardless, she had hopefully solved his immediate problem.

"The betting station is alongside Buster's Laugh," the bartender said after the dark-haired woman spoke to the HKs. "Seedy place," he added, all smiles. "So there shouldn't be a problem in finding your desired dwelling.

"But if you cause any further damage to my cantina or its patrons," Yinra continued, eyeing the assassin droids once more. "Or worse, if you touch me, existence for you won't be as cleanly bottled as a tin can like it is now...."

Yinra was going to deal with these droids regardless, but they didn't need to know. "You'll need recycling."[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Sai-Mera_Saa, PulsarSkate, YoungAngus, Mango_Salsa[/b]

[hr]

[b]IC as Bood, Jigg and Fehr:[/b]
    [i]Outside the Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Bood the Jawa looked across to his fellow Jawa and shrugged. Jigg, his intended

25. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The Cosmic Pirate

"And I propose you take three minutes to discuss this problem." said the Pirate, an edge to his voice.

"Really, now, I know you're assassin droids, designed to kill and destroy, and maim, and annihilate, and anything else deadly one can possibly think of, but you listen to logic."

He straightened, before continuing.

"Are you going to listen to logic?"

Tag: Sai, Pulsar, LZM, Tyi, others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.