main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of Stars: The Star Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mango_Salsa

Mango_Salsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2006
    IC: Santo-Ghidorah, Mos Eisley Cantina

The Ongree nodded his head at the bartender, then at the woman crawlig along the floor. He was about to rise and attempt to reason with the assassin droids (though, from the noise and posturing, it seemed no one was having much luck on that front), when he saw another woman slip to the floor on the other side of him.

"Gracious," muttered Santo-Ghidroah. "Apparently gravity is having an effect on the female species today. Perhaps this place really does suck as much as I've heard..."

Ignoring the commotion ringing above him, Santo-Ghidorah slid to the floor of the new-fallen woman and sat next to her, cradling her head in his lap and trying to bring her around by dabbing her fact with the hem of his robes, made wet by the spilled drinks that surrounded him.

TAG: Tyi, I reckon!

2. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    IC: Jay Bryce
    Cantina

I'm just loving this day eh," he responded casually to the man. His fingers spun the empty cup around on the table. "I'm getting at something eh," he continued, slightly softer.

When he next spoke, his eyes shone with untold eagerness. The cup had stopped its movement. "Banthas... aren't they just so, eh, so furry? Lovely." The Twi'lek leaned forward.

"I heard of 'em... out over near some farmer. Those beasts... the rare ones eh," he added. "As dark as night." Lakras straightened his back, a grin spread across his face.

"What was the name, the name eh. That farmer...." He brushed a lekku as he glanced idly at the bar. "Bok. Bog. Bot. Bot! Gotcha."

He was definatly getting at something. He had the right hand gestures...he lowered his voice...he wanted something bad.

"Make yer point tail-head." He said, his deep voice seeming a bit agitated. He didn't like this one. He talked too much, and all in all gave off bad vibes...but if he knew of a job...

"And make it quick." Jay said, tipping his hat up just enough to see the man better, a shadow still obscuring his eyes. He poured another drink for himself, and downed it in a flash. This is the kind of person he tended to get in a fight with. Scars on his knuckles showed where it had happened before...same with the scuffs on his boots.

But he wasn't eager to make an enime yet...this might work out in his favor...the green one had already slipped the name of a location for these "rare" beasts. If they were so rare, they might be worth something. It was a shame that jay didn't have his hunting gun still...he could have taken them easily.

Tag: Tyi

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as the woman lying on the floor:
    Lying on the floor, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine

The woman lying on the floor could feel nothing. Thought processes weren't even functioning... except perhaps for one thing: colours.

So when the Ongree lowered down beside her and tried to bring her around, it was greeted with silence. Except for the dangling arm and the loose black curls swaying in their freedom, nothing moved as the alien cradled her head.

It appeared that the woman lying on the floor was a deep sleeper ? or at least not a quick waker. Or was simply too intoxicated to turn her brain back on.

But after a brief moment, a sound was heard.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

TAG: Mango_Salsa

[b]IC as Lakrasa'do[/b]
    [i]Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]"Slow down your dewbacks, eh deep one," Lakras threw up his green hands in mock surrender. The Twi'lek licked his lips as he watched the man down a drink of his own. Lakras glanced beside him at the other man next to him before continuing, the silence from him a surprising factor he hadn't counted on.

"I'm just sayin'... there's some credits to be had and I'm only tryin' to help eh." He grinned. The next part would be tricky. After all, they were only banthas. "I know someone interested in these banthas eh. Someone with precious pockets behind them. The fur, they say, is spectacular."

Lakras plowed ahead, his hands returning to spinning the cup on the table. "And I know how to get to this farmer's farm eh. I'll take you there to, if you can get a team." He nodded ever so briefly, showing that this was what he truly thought. "Taking one down, heh... not the easiest. Find more people interested in coming, and I'll show the way eh."

The Twi'lek crossed his legs again in a more relaxed fashion. "The Bot's farm 'tis what I heard eh. Of course, not many people know 'em eh." Lekku twitched.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Darth_Vaders_cousin[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] For anyone wondering, what both Sai and Deto have done is exactly the thing open for you. I am referring to the multitude of characters and ICs. You may have thought they had communicated with me to plan things beforehand - but neither did. [b]Because that is exactly what you can do[/b].

:)

4. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    OOC: Been busy, sorry. This should progress things a little. I'll probably get to October tomorrow.

IC: HK-81 & HK-82

Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine

Indifferent to surrounding opinion, the two assassin droids stood impassively at the bar, sardonically conversing with nearby patrons. Only the blinking of their ruby eyes confirmed that they were analysing proceedings.

As he prepared to shoot one individual, the first droid was again interrupted, this time by a confident sounding woman claiming to know Minks Vorba's location.

Suspicious Retort: I find that difficult to assess.

The bartender quickly chimed in with directions. And threats.

Speculation: Perhaps I will disarm you anyway, meatbag.

The new human looking individual suggested calm logic.

Logic: My circuits hurt just processing your presence, meatbag.

Refocusing, the droid leveled his weapon at the newcomer.

Conjecture: It is possible that this human's information has a veridical nature.

Annoyed Response: You are interrupting my kill.

Linguistic Clarification: You mean extermination.

Insulted Reply: There is nothing wrong with my language circuits.

Overriding Suggestion: We should investigate the female human's information.

Grudging Agreement: Fine.

Linguistic Clarification: You mean...

Interjection: Shut up.

The first droid gestured at the humans he had been speaking to and then pointed to the entrance.

Order: You will show us the location of Minks Vorba. All of you - begin moving.

Threat: Failure to comply will result in termination.

The second droid began heading out, immediately disinterested in his previous target. The first droid took a few steps back and then suddenly began firing at the drink machines behind the bar. After causing several explosions, he stopped and began following his counterpart.

Statement: Boom.
    Tag: PulsarSkate, Penguinator, Raynar_Tedros, Tyi

5. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Zulfiqar, Family Vives, Son of Kwasi

Having dterred the assassin droid from blowing a hole in his bluish-grey head, Zulfiqar turned his attention back to Yinra who had been discussing things with other customers. It was certainly terrible being broke, but perhaps there was a way to earn a few extra credits to gain valued information, perhaps elsewhere on Tatooine. The half-breed nodded, agreeing with himself silently as he nodded a thanks to Bhed, even though he did little other than pointing Zulfiqar in the direction of proper information. He would return to Yinra when he had the credits, and decided to take up a profession that wouldn't get him killed.

"Perhaps a street musician. But that would require an instrument of some sort..." The ampibian mumbled to himself, wandering into the bright light of the Tatooine suns. He squinted for a moment as his shark-like eyes adjusted to the change from dark to light. It was as if he had emerged from the dark cave of a colo claw fish and entered more well-lit waters. He sighed slightly, raising his well-muscled arm to block the sunlight and continued on his way down the streets of Mos Eisley.

"Did you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"That crazy twi'lek hermit? The one who's always talking to himself?"

"The orange one who doesn't bathe?"

"Yes! That's him!"

"He's absolutely rancid!"

"Tell me about it! My sister-in-law, Force rest her soul, gave him some spare credits only three weeks ago."

"She never was very bright. What happened to her?"

"That crazy guy killed her. Took the clothes off of her back right in the middle of the street and bludgeoned her with a Woot horn."

"Is that what you were going to tell me?"

"Oh my no! I wanted to tell you that he's trying to start a musical quartet. You've been practicing the Prishti bulb right?"

"Only for a week now, to make my aunt happy. You aren't suggesting--"

The Nautolan and Cantrosian civilians continued their conversation down the street as they left what appeared to be a most humble abode. Zulfiqar, intrigued by their conversation, thought to himself for a moment or two. "Strange. I was just thinking about music before leaving the cantina. Perhaps this hermit could prove useful."

The half-Blubreen eyed the streets that were bustling around this time. Many twi'leks, none of which were orange, marched the streets heading in all directions. The ground traffic here could've been compared to that of Coruscant's air traffic, but Zulfiqar had not been much farther outside of his homeworld, let alone the city of Pavillion to know anything of Coruscanti traffic. He continued his predatory search for this twi'lek, the numerous street vendors advertising their wares at the tops of their lungs irritated the half-breed to no end, and it only made his search worse.

He neared an alleyway, where Zulfiqar heard an audible mumbling and turned in hopes of finding the one he was searching for. His eyes narrowed at a most grody and grotesque being, that seemed to be more greenish-brown than orange, and was wearing what appeared to be a ladies corset and robes. It was a man, that much was certain, and every so often the being would shake his head, his headtails whipping against his body as if disagreeing with a statement he had directed towards himself.

The being turned his purple eyes to that of the newcomer who had apparently intruded upon his alley and clutched what appeared to be a musical instrument very close to himself as if it were his lover. He sneered at Zulfiqar for a moment, baring unevenly sharpened teeth which were as equally filthy as the being himself. These were the times Zulfiqar was thankful th

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as Herk:
    Alley, Mos Eisley Streets, Tatooine

The purple skies of Tatooine's evening stretched ominously across the top of Mos Eisley's buildings. Nestled between two of these buildings a hunched figure fiddled with his clothes. Visibility was still generous, although rigid shadows stuck out at intervals throughout the alleyway. Incomprehensible mumbling blended in with the shadows' presence like sour flavour to a hubba gourd.

Dirt and sand covered nearly every ounce of the figure's visible skin. His natural orange complexion was skewed because of this, but this Twi'lek had other things on his mind. He shook his head, his lekku flying free.

Herk the Twi'lek glanced up when a new, smooth shadow came across the alley. A strange alien stood at the entrance, as if not wanting to step any closer. Herk blew a deep note into the Woot horn he had on his chest before looking back at this alien. Curling his lip back in scorn, the Twi'lek showed his musty teeth, the ragged appearance and gaps all too obvious.

"Come to give me more credits, aye?" the filthy Twi'lek growled quite clearly in response to the other figure's first question. Herk eyed the alien, curious if its clothes could be of use.

He smoothed the purple robe he was wearing with a dirty hand. His stomach offered its own growl.

"Yes, a quartet," Herk said. "Of music." A chilling smile was sent down to the instrument in his lap. He hadn't bothered to shift from his position huddled on the ground by a side wall, unsure whether this alien would be sticking around. "What can you play, aye? All I have is a floonorp and a trazzzz..." Herk all but snarled the last word, as if enjoying the sensation on his tongue.

TAG: Zedd-Vega

7. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    IC: October North

They always said, 'if you focus on a pinhead the world becomes still.' The Shistavanen leading the way out was no pinhead, but October could still focus on him and everything did begin to slow down. Holding what he assumed to be the larger being's cloak, October stepped carefully out of the musty cantina and into Tatooine's dry air. Even the cantina's smell was oppressive and just breathing outside helped to calm him.

The Shistavanen stopped and seemed to put down the deceased woman. October reflected that it was probably a cruel task to make his new acquaintance carry a dead body around. In any case, the fate of this body was probably beyond their control now.

October let go of the Shistavanen and grudgingly let the echoes guide him towards the body. His reliance on the inner sense began to annoy him and he hated the weakness that drove him to its slavery. Where once he trusted the echoes without question, now, in his anger, their flaws were readily visible.

The blind do not have to travel blindly.

Before he could smile at this, October crouched down and sniffed the body. There was no scent of spice. He nodded - this was not a crime related death.

"I agree, Shistavanen. Leaving the body here would not be wise." October stood. "Thank you for helping me out. Sometimes I trust the echoes too much."

He listened for a moment to a brewing commotion nearby. "There must be a hovel nearby where we can hide the body." He gestured vaguely. "There should be time."

From back inside the cantina, a series of small explosions abruptly suggested otherwise.

"On second thoughts, perhaps not."

Losing options, October frowned at the echoes but listened to them regardless. "There," he finally pointed. "Leave it near the half droid creating a scene." He shuddered. Some things should not be encouraged to keep living.

"The Concise One should be following by now. We'd do well to avoid attention. Head for an alley further along and get out of sight - I'll follow you."
    Tag: Deto

8. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003

"Horns. Perfect! At least it's something I'm familiar with. Although they may need cleaned after being with this filthy beggar for some time." The amphibian thought before allowing a shark-toothed smile appear on his face. It was most welcoming, and he was about to choose which instrument he could play with the most ease. The traz was often referred to as a slitherhorn, and they were amazingly new to Zulfiqar. He'd heard them, and they sounded incredible. Sadly, he'd be afraid he couldn't mimic such a sound. He wouldn't want to drive the twi'lek into a rage now would he?

Then his only option was the floonorp. Made from spare engine parts, it was bound to be filthy if it had spent most of it's time with this beggar. It was decided then, the floonorp would have to do for now. All it required was the ability to inhale and exhale, and being a creature of the sea, Zulfiqar figured he could manage. "I can play wind instruments fairly well. I'm no Bith, but I can manage on the floonorp." The half-breed stated, still eyeing the man. His thoughts wandered off as to why the man would dress in a woman's robes, but he shook his head at the answer that came to him.

Should the twi'lek accept him, the harder task wouldn't be mastering the floonorp, but gathering two more individuals to join in a quartet. The half-Blubreen had assumed that this filthy twi'lek, while in need of a severe scrub down with a bristle pad, hadn't gathered any people to join his band. Zulfiqar found himself painstakingly close to the twi'lek, within a swing of a Woot horn, and awaited the alien's response.

TAG: Tyi

9. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Cantina

Jay listened to the man silently, studying him. He seemed to be telling the truth...if there was such a thing. This could turn out to be a profit making expedeture after all.

His shaded eyes flicked to the bubbly man, who had come first.

"Why are you still here Poor-Hunter?" He asked plainly.
    "I...I've a proposition for you. You see...My farm is infested with Whomp Rats and..." He stammered out before Jay cut him off.
    "I don't work small game, especially not for a farm-hand's pay. Go find a kid, fellow, or come back when you have for me a man's job." He said, the man rising from his seat appauled, reaching for the whiskey bottle. Jay caught his hand, stopping it. "I listened to your proposistion, I get to keep the bribe you used to make me do so." The stunned farmer, dropped the bottle, and quickly headed out the door.

"Names Bryce...Jay Bryce." he extended a hand to the Twi'Lek. "And don't bother lookin' it up, you know it's false." He added with a grin. "And you've done what few have found possible, intrigued me. I know a few people here in town, some people that owe me favors if you catch my drift. But no one works for free. Do you have funds to get the expedition started?"

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as Herk:

Managing to bend his knees enough to rise to his feet, the Twi'lek numbly adjusted the corset carelessly wrapped tightly around his chest. The amphibian-looking creature had entered the alleyway ever so slightly. Herk raised his Woot horn but was only passing it from dirty hand to dirty hand.

"Exxxxcellent," Herk snarled, drawing out the second word in a row. The orange patches of skin that managed to poke out from his otherwise filth encrusted body only accentuated his odd appearance in a corset and robes. He had the look of a wild man about him, there was no doubt of that.

"Aye, a floonorp you'll get...." One hand balanced his Woot horn as the other massaged a head-tail. Although from the teeth showing on his face the massaging could be viewed upon in an entirely different light. "When we're in business," Herk finished with, the last word something strange to hear from a figure of his status.

"If you can find two people, Aquat, like womp rats do garbage, then we'll blow some wind aye?"

The Twi'lek suddenly turned his head around violently, lekku massage forgotten as his head-tails swung around after him. He didn't move from his spot, although he was now facing the wall with the alien he had been talking to on the side of him. It was like a wild shake of his head, accompanied by some mumbles. It sounded like he was cursing at the cold wind ? even though this Tatooine night was as fresh as a Hutt's meal.

The mumbles stopped, but Herk still wasn't facing the alien he had called Aquat.

[b]IC as Lakrasa'do[/b]

[blockquote]"Lak," the green Twi'lek sitting at the table said in response to the extended hand. It was probably his most simple comment all night. He shook the man's hand before pouring himself another drink from the bottle that remained on the table. An open smile appeared as he eyed the fluid obey gravity and fall into his cup.

"Well eh, Mr. Bryce, money's always the thing in't it?" Lakras glanced up with his eyes from what his throat had had him glued to. "But oh yes, oh, I happen to have an Uncle in town eh." He stopped pouring his whiskey and raised his now full glass with one hand.

"In fact," the head-tailed alien continued, all smiles. "We could head there first if you'd like, eh. Lovely fresh air would be splendid, eh, much better than in here," he commented, idly glancing at the recent destruction caused by two stuck-up droids. "I'll follow you out of the cantina as soon as I finished this, eh." Lakras' smile turned into a lopsided grin as he raised his cup to his lips and took a swig of the drink inside.[/blockquote]
    [b]TAG: Darth_Vaders_cousin[/b]

11. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    IC: Mannie Sant
    By the entrance, Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine

Mannie Sant breathed a sigh of relief. The Lannik had been standing at the entrance for quite some time but had received little interest in the movements of the Tashivranek the Shistavanen and their newly acquired Togruta ally. Also, no one seemed to care about the absence of the woman?s body.

But maybe all they needed was someone to clean up, he thought, glancing back towards the entrance. He wanted to leave, but the whole purpose of him staying was to draw out a response from someone in the crowd. And that?s only if the murderer?s actually in the crowd.

He decided to look one last time before he left.

Tag: Tyi?only if necessary.

[b]IC as Tashivranek Lok[/b]
    [i]Mos Eisley street, near Mos Eisley Cantina, Tatooine[/i]

Tashivranek Lok issued a low growl as he considered the alternatives. The warm Tatooine night air was helping little as well. With all this strenuous exercise, anxiousness and heat he would no doubt start panting soon. [i]Something I?d like to avoid, I think?[/i]

The Shistavanen said nothing as the Togruta thanked him for his assistance. He felt a sort of pity towards the blind being, wondering how he had perhaps even survived the violent and rough streets of Mos Eisley. Tatooine..well, it was a difficult existence?

[i]But he?s right,[/i] he thought honestly. [i]We can?t keep the body with us, and any benefits or clues as to the whereabouts of the killer will have been revealed to us by now.[/i]

?You mean by that half droid throttling the street vendor?? he asked, thinking already that with the commotion he could well get away with it. ?Alright, it?s doable.?

[i]If I leave the body near the half-droid he might not notice,[/i] the Shistavanen thought, moving. [i]And even if he does notice I could still tear him limb from limb.[/i]

Not that he wanted to get into an argument; Tashivranek was peaceful by nature and just wanted to be left alone. But being born into a species as intimidating and powerful as the Shistavanens were known to be certainly helped.

?Stay here,? he advised. ?I?ll be right back. And if Mannie comes out, make sure you grab him. Well?try to at any rate.?

He picked up the limp body of Bursha once more and flung her lifeless form over one shoulder. Then, trotting the entire distance towards the half-droid and the struggling street vendor, he haphazardly placed the woman?s body on the dirt ground and retreated. The movement lacked subtlety and he never looked back to ensure that he was not being chased.

But he assumed he was not, and that was what gave him some assurances at least. He was also oblivious to the dark-skinned human that was watching them from nearby.

Once he reached the Togruta he was panting. ?Let?s get out of here. Follow me.?

[b]Tag: Sai, Tyi and Winged_Jedi? ;) [/b]

12. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    IC: The Cosmic Pirate

He paused, amused at the situation's development. This had happened to someone he knew years ago; his friend had had a final drink with his executioner, woke up the next morning with both the executioner and the executioner's wife in bed, the charges dropped.

Though the Pirate doubted that the droids would be that amiable with their intended victim.

He caught a glimpse of something, and politely excused himself from the conversation, smiling warmly.

Tag: Sai, others

IC: The Lady in Purple and Her Compatriots

"Oh, deary me, there he goes again - sticking his nose where it don't belong." This from Logath.

"It's what he does best, the poor sod," laughed Ginaz.

"Shut up, the pair o'ye. The Lady's tryin' ta think!" interjected the loyal servant Ox.

Indeed, the purple-clad woman was gazing intently at the Pirate. She'd seen him not two days ago, when Ginaz had stolen the man's coat. How he loved that coat...

"Ginaz, listen to Ox's suggestion, and remove his coat. We'll pawn it off on Wieche, and then we'll leave. He must not see us! We must leave this world undetected."

Ginaz grumbled, but a grunt from Ox sent him scurrying out the door.

"Saw farewell to Ginaz - the Pirate'll have his head." whispered the lady once the lanky man hd gone.

Tag: None

IC: Ginaz the Blade

What's she got to say about me, she can say it in front of me. Damn her fairy stories! He's a man, a fop at that!

Ginaz strode outside, fuming. His knife was close at hand - the Lifetaker. Ox had suggested it, after seeing his skill with it.

Squinting in the Tatooine sun, Ginaz frowned. Where the devil was Wieche?

Tag: Any who want it

13. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003

"Aquat? Huh?" Zulfiqar thought to himself, clearly confused. The twi'lek certainly knew that the half-Blubreen was an amphibian, giving him hint to think that he had not spent all of his life on Tatooine. Being a beggar now, Zulfiqar might have assumed he had lost all of his worldly possessions and was forced to lead such a life. His assumption may have been wrong, but it was all he could go on for now to judge this twi'lek's character.

"Very well, I shall return." Zulfiqar bowed slightly as he exited the alleyway, allowing a nervous shudder ease up the back of his neck when he was out of sight of the filthy twi'lek beggar. Thoughts rushed to him, of possible futures, how the twi'lek could've easily bashed his brains in when he exited the alleyway when his back was turned. Zulfiqar turned quickly to see that he wasn't followed. He let out a nervous sigh, and shortly a chuckle after continuing down the street. It was dark, and Zulfiqar needed some shelter. He had no worldly possessions of his own, save for the clothes on his back, and he shooed some Jawas away from a humble home they had fashioned from furs and skins within an alleyway further down the main street.

For some reason, it hadn't bothered him that the Jawas left so easily without pulling an Ion pistol on him, but it didn't really matter. The day would come where he would return to Yinra's with the proper credits to pay for such expensive information. Zulfiqar smiled at the thought of returning to a watery world where he could continue to swim with crisp, cool water running through his gills. At such a pleasant thought, he began to doze off. A light sleeper, Zulfiqar was. Should anything disturb him, wake up Zulfiqar would.

TAG: Tyi

OOC: I shooed some Jawas from their home. That's ebil.

14. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Cantina, Tatooine

"In fact," the head-tailed alien continued, all smiles. "We could head there first if you'd like, eh. Lovely fresh air would be splendid, eh, much better than in here," he commented, idly glancing at the recent destruction caused by two stuck-up droids. "I'll follow you out of the cantina as soon as I finished this, eh." Lakras' smile turned into a lopsided grin as he raised his cup to his lips and took a swig of the drink inside.

"Don't dally Lak. That fragging rimmer knows the location, and in my experience everyone 'round here is looking for a quick cred." He said, as he stood from the table. "Don't speak to anyone else." He added as he walked away, taking the bottle of whiskey, atleast what was left of it, with him, and shoving it into a jacket pocket.

He still didn't trust the guy, but this was the biggest lead he had on work since he quit his prior occupation...

He got shivers even thinking about it...

It won't be long before your back, Big Hunter. Not long at all... a voice in his head spoke.
    "Frag off." he said aloud, but in a hushed tone as he exited the Cantina, and made himself busy looking at the cover of the most recent news-flimsy in a dispenser on the corner.

15. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    IC:Ikkila Bedda
    The Cantina, by the bar

She had flinched. Ducked. Shards of drink container and small sparks hit her skin. This was a failure, her training stipulated. You do not flinch, even before droids. 'Ah well, who knows this here? What does it matter anymore. Only when we find her, do we need to be ourselves.' she consoled herself, as she stood. The cocky guy, the pirate, he'd disappeared. The droids had also left, but demanded that they be shown to the false address. "Shavit." she muttered, before turning to the man who seemed to think he was her brother. She found him mildly attractive, which helped. She hated acting friendly with people she found...unpalatable. His companion, this Jarc fella, now he was her sort of entertainment.

"I'll need you both to come with me. In case things get nasty." she said, her voice for them only, her dark eyes watching them from beneath thick eyelashes. The assassin droids would probably not like being kept waiting. Ikkila herself, did not like to be kept waiting. She was constantly having to remind herself that she was only doing this to get the dangerous elements out of the way, that soon she would be back here, searching. 'Just a side track. Just a side track'

With a nod towards Yinra, hoping that he could see she was doing her job, Ikkila moved around the debris and followed the droids out into the cooling twilight.

"We go left. You first." the darkhaired woman stated plainly, motioning with her hand.

Tag: Sai, Reynar, Tyi...anyone else I'm forgetting in my tiredness

16. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The Cosmic Pirate

So, Ginaz was still here? That would mean that the woman was close by, too. And was that his own jacket? The fool! Ginaz knew very well that no-one touched his jacket! That showed how much the excuse for a knife-fighter knew about his opponent.

But, thought the Pirate, Maybe the woman put him up to it. Maybe he's bait - or a distraction.

That would be like her, he concluded, and decided, inwardly, to play her game. She thought she could double-cross him the way she did? So be it - he'd take what was rightfully his. Starting with that jacket.

Exiting the cantina, he walked calmly up to Ginaz.

"Hello, friend. Long time, no see."

Tag: No-one

[b]Ginaz[/b]

Ginaz spun quickly - the Pirate? Here, now, already?

"Hello yourself." he replied calmly. The Pirate looked different - and the way he was acting, this was odd. This was new, and new wasn't good. Well, two can play at that game.

"This is a nice jacket, Pirate. Very comfy."

[b]Tag: Any who see the preceedings[/b][/blockquote]

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    IC as Herk:
    Mos Eisley Streets, Tatooine

Slowly wandering down the main street his alleyway had been connected to, the filthy Twi'lek kept to the shadows. Not because he wasn't proud to show off the new clothes he had recently acquired ? but because he enjoyed the enigma that surrounded him on the Mos Eisley streets. The less that saw him, the better.

As Herk shuffled along in his robe, his thoughts briefly reminded him of the strange figure who he had encountered earlier. He had caught out of the corner of his eyes the water creature bowing before he had backed out of the alley. Bowing! Herk flicked a lekku aside at this absurd thought.

Not knowing where "Aquat" had gone, the Twi'lek had then ventured out himself, Woot horn in hand, in search of a floonorp. It sounded like the alien had been serious in playing the engine-made instrument in the quartet Herk wished to start. The Twi'lek grinned crazily at his own work. He didn't have any other instruments on hand, save for the one he hugged now. He had chosen the other two when talking to the alien because he knew that they sounded good with the Woot ? or so he hoped. He really had named them because he knew some Jawas that he was sure had one or two of them. But Aquat didn't need to know that.

Running a hand across the molded wall at the corner of another alleyway, the beggar peered down the dim alley. Satisfaction boiled up inside of him when he saw the animal covered shelter not ten paces away. "Sticky banthas," he mumbled at the furs, swinging his hand away from the wall.

Approaching the shelter with a twirl of his robe, Herk suddenly saw the alien from before inside.

"Where's my little Jawas aye," he mumbled in surprise. Pulling the musical instrument that had been in his hands up to his mouth, Herk blew a sharp note, intending to annoy this alien further.

But before the corset-wearing Twi'lek could say anything else, a voice behind him stopped his music in its tracks.

[b]IC as Lakrasa'do[/b]

[blockquote]His gaze following the rapidly retreating whiskey bottle he could just see slightly sticking out of Jay's jacket pocket, Lakras smiled with amusement at his success. After seeing the man he had been talking with exit the cantina, the Twi'lek stood up himself, eyes quickly glancing around the cantina. He raised his cup with a zealous grin and swallowed the last of the whiskey, before flipping the cup back onto the table. It landed on its side and rolled off onto the chair he had previously occupied. Shrugging, Lakras walked towards the entrance of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Passing a short but big-eared creature by the entrance and two men complementing each other on their jackets ? alas, no whiskey bottle in either the Twi'lek noticed ? Lakras continued on, spotting Jay not too far off by a dispenser. Approaching the man, he nodded briefly as he came upon him.

"Time is like the winch. Wind," he corrected himself with ease, as if it had happened before. Lakras started to walk again. "Follow me eh."

Heading first down a side street away from the cantina, Lakras walked at a steady pace, putting distance behind them. The evening air was as fresh as ever, although Lakras also knew that the rough Tatooine sand wasn't good for his usually polished boots. "Lovely night, eh," he commented for no reason.

Entering into a main street, Lakras paused before making his way through the light crowd and across the street. Stopping again as if thinking, he glanced down an alleyway before moving forward to another alley. Nodding his head as if confirming some internal thoughts, Lakras entered the second alleyway confidently.

"My my, heh, he's not her. Here." The Twi'lek turned back to Jay. "Not to worry, I'm sure he'll be at a friend's place," he said, trying to smooth any doubts the man might start having at their location.

Stepping out of the alley, Lakras continued on down the main street, assuming Jay was with him. "Splendid n

18. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003

Makeshift Jawa Home, Mos Eisley Streets, Tatooine

Zulfiqar had just gotten comfortable when the sharp noise woke him with a start. He sat up quickly, banging his head off of the metal pole that served to support the dwelling from wall to wall in the alley with an audible CLANG. The half-Blubreen swore and held his head, standing up in the dwelling, practically tearing it down and inadvertently wrapping himself up in the smelly, grimy pelts. In a most amusing display, the amphibian swirled around, tangling himself further, hearing the word "Uncle!" being screamed by someone before falling flat on his face, sand penetrating his nostrils.

Zulfiqar spat and attempted to get the sand from his mouth, bringing his shark-like eyes to gaze up at a familiar form. He didn't need to see any clearer now than he had to before... the form stunk like poodoo. Aside from that, the smell of the twi'lek made his head hurt further. "I'm trying to sleep! Why'd you wake me up?" The half-breed squirmed to free himself from the pelts, but found the more he moved, the tighter the pelts had become. "If I had the use of my arms, I'd make him look just how he smells: POODOO!" He swore in his mind before looking to the others in the alley.

"A little help here guys?"

TAG: Tyi, DVC

19. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    IC: October North

Mos Eisley street, Tatooine

The warm evening hung heavy in October's ears as he listened cautiously to the busy Mos Eisley street. It was a truism to say that Mos Eisley was dangerous, but some deliberate alertness went a long way towards continued existence.

Feel the echoes....

October shook his head involuntarily as he immediately rejected the intruder's subtle hints. The echoes were not to be trusted. A slow anger simmered within and he felt a deep betrayal, magnified all the more by his fears of weakness.

Enough.

Focusing on the Shistavanen, October pulled his mind back to the reality of their situation. The Wolfman was dumping the body and making puns. October began to cringe, but he relented when he realised that this was probably just the Shistavanen's way of dealing with the daily horrors of Tatooine living. In truth, he too hated to treat the dead so unceremoniously, but pragmatism had a way of seeming more valuable when one's life was at risk.

The Shistavanen quickly returned, and with no sign of the Concise One, October merely waved the larger being on and carefully followed him towards the nearby alleys.
    Tag: Deto

[b]IC: HK-81 & HK-82[/b]

[i]Mos Eisley street, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Two imposing assassin droids stomped loudly out of the Mos Eisley Cantina, ruby eyes gleaming at the evening traffic in cruel assessment. The armed, and armoured, droids paused when they reached street level and flicked their heads around, appearing to focus on a small group of humans.

[color=indigo][i]Observation: One is missing.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Recollection: The absent meatbag was the most uncooperative.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][i]Suspicion: This meatbag's intentions may be incompatible with our objective.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Suggestion: We should...exterminate...[/i][/color] the droid looked at his counterpart [color=brown][i]...everyone in this facility.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][i]Disagreement: This would attract unnecessary attention.[/i][/color]

The first droid pulled out a thermal detonator and tossed it back down into the cantina.

[color=brown][i]Speculation: Perhaps they will defuse it.[/i][/color]

[color=indigo][i]Observation: You need a behavioural upgrade.[/i][/color]

[color=brown][i]Retort: You are an assassin droid.[/i][/color]

There was a pause.

[color=indigo][i]Statement: Good point.[/i][/color]

Turning its attention back to the humans, the second droid now gestured to the left.

[color=indigo][i]Command: Lead us to Minks Vorba - meatbags first.[/i][/color]

As the droids began to move, a group of Jawas scurried up and began to make various noises at the group.

[color=indigo][i]Requirement: Shoo.[/i][/color]

The first droid stopped suddenly and stared strangely at its counterpart. Then, raising its weapon, it began to fire indiscriminately at the Jawas, sending them fleeing in all directions.

[color=brown][i]Statement: Wooteenee asaka-saka-saka yourself.[/i][/color][/blockquote][b]Tag: PulsarSkate, Tyi, Reynar_Tedros, anyone in the cantina who does not want to get blown up[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Dim[/b]

[i]Mos Eisley street, Tatooine[/i]

[blockquote]Carrying his newly acquired gift, Dim attempted to waddle quickly down a main street. He succeeded admirably in the waddling part, but failed rather dismally to attain any sort of velocity that would not be disowned by the concept of quickly.

Since he was, by now, rather late, Dim ducked into an all night vehicle shop and inspected the personal transportation devices on sale. One particularly caught his eye - a brand new Pulsar Skate. Upon moving over for a closer inspection, he noticed a prominent tag that proclaimed proudly: 'Batteries Included!"

Smiling at this, Dim nodded and made the purchase.[/blockquote][b]Tag: nobody[/b]

20. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Nov 12, 2004
    Alley

To be honest, Jay was losing his hope when the man began slurring his words. After finding no one at the first adress, he was losing it more and more with each step. He took a swig of whiskey every once in a while, if not to get drunk, than to just keep himself going.

But, to his suprise, the Twi'Lek paid through...sort of.

This Uncle of his seemed to be a vagabuan. No better than a common Cargo Rat. And, what ever furry beast he was living with...or eating...was now laying on the ground writhing, be it in extascy or agony.

Then a voice. "A little help here guys?"

Needless to say, Bryce did not offer a helping hand. Instead, he took another drink of whiskey, before offering the bottle to the "Uncle" before him.

"You're nephew here said somethin' about a pelt job. I'm interested." He said in a deep, monotone voice.

Tag: Tyi, Zed

21. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Outside Cantina, Mos Eisley, Tatooine
    No Credits

The street vendor struggles, eyes rolling back into her head, further and further as the last remnants of life are squeezed out of her frail frame. Gash tightens his grip. Blood trickles onto his fingers.

[CEASE OPERATION
    Evaluation; compression of carotid arteries and jugular veins resulting in subject unconsciousness]

The street vendor drops to the ground, limp.

[Correction:- compression of carotid arteries and jugular veins resulting in death; subject terminated]

Gash looks around, and glances at his human ally, before gesturing in the direction of the shop Buster?s, where the Jawas are apparently waiting. At this point a Shistavenen approaches, a body slung over its shoulder. It dumps the corpse at the feet of Gash and strides off quickly. It is the woman who had been killed earlier in the cantina.

...a dead one...

[eRIror;das;d-;; request visual sensor replay]
    [Recording report: Male Shistavenen presents unknown female corpse; leaves]
    [Analysis: Jawa hostiles previously acquired items from same corpse- Information: we are pursuing Jawa hostiles]
    [Conclusion: Shistavenen believes we are allies of this woman and are attempting to recover her stolen possessions- he believes also that her body now belongs to us]
    [Recommendation: Retain corpse (Y) or (N)? (N)]

Keep it.

[error1122!]rebootprocess334]
    [Recommendation: Retain corpse (Y) or (N)? (Y)]

Gash picks up the body of the woman from the cantina, and throws it onto his own shoulder. With his right foot he stamps in the face of the dead street vendor. He walks off.

[Enquiry:- corpse identification? Required]
    [unknown]
    [tag with designation: DeceasedHumanFemale001 (short tag:: DHF001]

Gash nods. He stalks towards the shop, still carrying the body. He does not bother to check if his human ally is following.

Upon entering the shop he sees that it is a rundown hardware store. Various electrical appliances are stacked on rusted shelves. Holos of Imperial-issue blaster rifles hover near the ceiling, bladed weapons lie in an untidy mess near the entrance. A child plays with them while his father tries to barter away a damaged protocol droid. The shopkeeper is a Besalisk, and rests a weary head on one of his arms, while using another to smoke a thin cigarra. Nearby, a group of Jawas stand in a huddle.

[Recognition: Jawas (location:store)= Jawas (location:cantina)]
    [Recommendation: Eliminate immediately and recover stolen items (Y) or (N)? (Y)]

?yes?

Gash approaches the Jawas. They look up at him, and the body that rests on his shoulder.

?This is DHF001,? he explains. ?She was terminated in the cantina several minutes ago. You proceeded to scavenge from her corpse and stole several items which belonged to her. I am here to reclaim them.?

He places the corpse gently on the ground, and towers above the group.

?I have murdered a street vendor outside. I propose to do the same to all of you. This outcome can be avoided in the event that you surrender all items and credits to me immediately.?

To emphasise his point, he kicks one of the Jawas and sends it flying into a shelf.

The shopkeeper barely glances over, instead choosing to light another cigarra. It?s almost closing time.

Tag: Tyi-Maet_Nefer (for items/credits), Darth_Meerkat (if you?re still following)

22. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    OOC: I never forgot about this. Over the past few weeks I've tried to write, I really have. But it's not in me at the moment. I'm hoping once I'm back from holidays I'll have a renewed vigour. Because I don't plan on closing this. Since it's such an open ended game, I'm just going to write in here again when I have the heart. It's open for anyone else to as well. It will become my writing haven. My apologies to those I've let down in this slight break - but I do hope to see you at another date.

23. EmoJawa

EmoJawa Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    approved
    Name: Zearafin Dracnor
    Species: Squib
    Homeworld: Skor II
    Appearance:1 meter tall Dark red fur with pink skin.
    Gold eyes. pointy ears,

Head:Crimson Hood with ears sticking out 2 holes
    Torso:crimson jumpsuit
    Arms:N/A
    Legs:crimson leggings
    Feet:Crimson knee high boots
    Hands: Crimson gloves
    Waist:leather belt
    Wrist:N/A

All slightly tattered

24. Zedd-Vega