1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive War of the Dragon riders

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by loneclonehunter, Jul 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    GM Approved

Rider:
    Name: Ellanna
    Rank Brimstone Rider
    Race Human

Dragon:
    --Name: Silvas
    --Color: silver
    --other: he has a scar over his left eye that is missing.

Weapons and Armor:
    --WOC: silver battle axe instead of a sword.
    --Weapon color: Silver
    -- Armor type: light armor
    --Armor color: silver
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Thordin Vodhr

Thordin and Saphira fell through the air and landed on the ground, order troops all around. "What ever happens don't stop marching, fight hard, and strong. I'll take care of the enemy riders, if they get too close use your arrows against them." Yelled the rider so that the solders could hear him. [May your swords clash, and your shields protect you.] He said in the ancient language. "You three come with me." he said pointing to three young riders. Two were humans; one male, the other female. The third was an elf, Thordin's own nephew, Thrak'nim. Thrak'nim had a male purple Dragon named Arcanis. The humans were siblings, Jarrem and Olivia, Jarrem's Dragon was a orange female, named Oryana. Olivia's Dragon was female, and a grayish-black, he was named Ash.

Saphira jumped into the air, with the three young riders close behind her. Thordin opened his mind to the other riders, he would use the mental link to send messages back and fourth with them. The two humans tried to put up defenses, Thordin just walked around there defenses. Thrak just let him in, he was familiar with the touch of his uncles mind. *Jarrem, Olivia if you want to keep someone out you are going to have to try harder, I broke in with little trouble. Try concentrating on something more simple, like a scale, or a article of clothing. And Thrak'nim you shouldn't let someone in so easily, put up better defenses next time.* Thordin told them through the mind link. *Stay Sharp, if you feel someone is trying to get into your mind close the connection between us and concentrate on keeping them out. I will try and help you if I can.* Just after sending that a one of the enemy riders came flying toward Thordin and Saphira. Saphira dived, and came up under the dragon attacking his underbelly. Thordin drew his sword, the blue blade shining. Thordin stabbed up with his blade, right into the dragons chest. Saphira rolled out from under the dragon as it fell down to the ground, landing on its back, and killing his rider. Thordin lowered his head in sorrow as the dragon gave his last dying scream. <"There will be time for sorrow later, Thordin"> Saphira said threw the mind link the two of them had. *"Your right, are you ready to fight?"* <"I am always ready."> Saphira let out a loud growl that made some birds fly away in fear. *"Then lead the charge my good friend."* Thordin reopened the link with the three younger riders. *We are right above the battle field, draw your swords, and follow our lead.* Saphira dived to the ground, and pulled up right above the solders. They flew over the solders Saphira clawing at their heads, and Thordin shooting them with his bow.

Saphira and Thordin circled back up to the sky trying to locate the brimstone riders. He could find three that were the biggest threat, they were murdering his fellow order riders. <"We must stop them, if we don't many more will die."> *"Many people will die anyways, but I agree we must stop them."* Thordin put away his bow, and drew his sword. *Thrak'nim, Jarrem, Olivia, return to where our army is, I need the three of you to go on defense.* Thordin watched as the three flew up into the air. *But I want to stay with you Uncle.* Thrak sent through the link. *No its too dangerous, I need you to go on defense. Thats an order.* Thordin watched as the three young riders reluctantly flew away. *"OK friend of my heart, lets get em."* Saphira dived through the air towards the brimstone rider Thordin remembered as Frash Tuc.

Tag: Gunny, anyone
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    IC: Frash Tuc

Frash watched as the three young riders left the one approaching he and the other two elder Brimstone riders. Looking at the lone Order rider, he could tell who it was; it was Thordin Vodhr. Frash just smiled; Thordin was all aolone against three fully-capable Brimstone riders. Opening his arms, he challenged Thordin to come and get him; he would never be able to kill him. Drawing his sword, Frash use a little bit of magic to lengthen his sword to twice its original size. You will perish today, Thordin, along with the rest of your pathetic Order riders. "Do you hear me?!" he bellowed, "YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE!!! His eyes wild, Frash spurred Inferno onto an intercept course with Thordin.

TAG: Brimstone Riders, MM
  3. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: just to let you know Gunny, Vodhr is his title not his name.

IC: Thordin

Thordin braced himself as Saphira collided with Inferno. As soon as she hit she began biting at Infernos face, trying to get at his eyes. Thordin reached around her side to attack Frash. "Its not too late for you. You still have a chance to be redeemed." Thordin Yelled over the sounds of dragons clashing, and swords clanging.

Tag: Gunny
  4. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash had heard "You can still be redeemed" come from Thordin. Silly Order propaganda he thought. Raising his sword, he brought it down on Thordin's dragon; forunteately for it, he had only nicked its wing, a faint trickle of blood running out of the fresh wound. "Poor Thordin," taunted Frash, "don't you see what you're doing is pointless? I have more power than you will ever know. My sword is more mighty than your is, and my dragon is superior to yours in every aspect." With that, Inferno shook off Saphira and lunged with razor-sharp teeth. "I should be asking you the same question, Thordin," said Frash. "You can be redeemed; join us, and together, we can seek unlimited power!"

TAG: MM
  5. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6

Thordin saw Frash raise his sword, he tried to block it away, the tip of his sword got frash's but not enough to stop it from pricking Saphira's wing. *" Are you ok?"* He sent through the mind link. <"I'm fine, it doesn't hurt that much."> *"Its bleeding."* Saphira could tell how concerned he was. <"I'll live. Now get your attention back at the man attacking us."> Thordin nodded and turned his attention back to Frash.

"Poor Thordin," taunted Frash, "don't you see what you're doing is pointless? I have more power than you will ever know. My sword is more mighty than your is, and my dragon is superior to yours in every aspect."

Thordin lifted his sword and taunted back. "I didn't know that about your dragon, are you sure you aren't mistaken with my dragon?" Just then he felt Saphira fly back a little as inferno pushed her off. "Brisingr." Thordin yelled, sending a blue ball of fire at infernos head, giving Saphira enough time to fly up into the sky. Thordin held on tight as they went higher up into the sky. Thordin looked back behind him to see if Frash would follow them.

Tag: gunny
  6. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash's eyes were filled with a burning hatred; Thordin had just gotten away. "Go!" he yelled at Inferno, who shot straight at Thordin. As he neared, he uttered incantations from the ancient language; he would take down the Order himself if he had to. As he was finished his incantation, his sword, already red/orange, turned a very dark shade of black. "Thordin, do you know what this is?!" he shouted at his adversary. "It's PURE DARK MAGIC. And it'll stab your dragon through the heart!" He could see it now; Thordin's dragon flailin gin its death throes, and Thordin would fall . . . fall and die on the hard ground below. "I have more power in this sword than you do anywhere," he said confidently. "Do you want to reconsider my offer? If you do not, your dragon goes first . . . and you will join her in the afterlife, wandering around without any sense of purpose. You will be . . . worthless. Join me, and you can avoid this fate. If not, my sword gets a victim. Your choice."

7. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6

Thordin looked down behind him, Frash was coming up fast behind him, a burning hatred in his eyes. "I will never join you, I can't go against my principals. But I can't let you kill Saphira." Thordin yelled back at Frash. *"Saphira when I yell close your wings and dive down to the ground as fast as you can."* <"But that could be dangerous, I trust in my flying ability's but I don't know if I can pull myself back up before hitting the ground."> Thordin could tell she was afraid, but he knew she would do it anyway. *"I will help you."* <"How?"> *"With magic, if we are coming to fast to the ground I can use magic to slow us down a little. You will also have to open your wings or I won't be able to slow us."* <"Its a good plan, I just hope it works."> *"So do I"* Thordin grabbed hold of the saddle and held on for dear life. "FOR DEATH AND GLORY" Thordin yelled. Just after he yelled Saphira closed her wings a dived for the ground at full speed. Thordin prepared to use magic, just in case he needed to slow them down. Thordin would have looked behind him to see if Frash followed but they were moving so fast he couldn't move his head.

8. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash watched as Thordin sped away from him. He's mad Frash thought as he pulled up, sword still drawn. Pointing his weapon at the dragon, he let loose two balls of dark energy matter. Pushing them from the sword with magic, he guided them towards Thordin. Let's see how long you last, Thordin he thought. You are going down. The balls of matter streaked through the air, their spinning rate too fast for the naked eye. Opening his palms, Frash ordered the balls to transform into small creatures of darkness. He would have liked to create large beings of dark matter, but he did not have enough power to accomplish that. Still, the balls of energy looked ferocious enough to scare most riders. Frash wasn't sure if Thordin would be.

9. loneclonehunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    OOC: I won't be able to post for a couple of days because we are replacing my computer, but continue the posts as usual
  10. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6

Thordin looked behind, his heart skipped a beat, he had not seen something so freakish in his whole life. The creatures were getting closer, Thordin turned towards the little demons. He raised his hand and yelled. "GARJZLA." Two balls of light sprang from his hand, and collided with the two monsters. Thordin felt weekend as the power left his body. Normally he wouldn't cast such a strong spell, but he needed something to take out the monsters with one hit. *"Lets get him Saphira."* Thordin sent to Saphira through their mind link. Saphira let out a loud roar and charged at the other rider. Thordin began uttering an incantation that would bind Infernal's wings together, but was interrupted for a second. He saw his Nephew flying up towards Frash blade drawn, and a war cry protruding from his lips. Thordin quickly finished his incantation, and tried to make contact with his nephew.

11. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    OOC: I'm doing this post as my NPC, if I'm out of line I apologize for it.

IC: Thrak'nim.

Thrak'nim couldn't allow his uncle to take on all the enemy riders alone. Thrak and Arcanis turned around and headed towards the battle. Thrak arrived in time to see Frash fire two dark monsters at his uncle. Assuming his uncle would never survive, Thrak drew his sword, screamed a war cry, and charged. He called upon the magic, and fired a ball of fire at frash. He was only a minor magician, so his fire ball probably wouldn't do much.

12. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash was tired; he had forgotten to conserve his magic supply. Now that he was thoroughly drained of magic, he had to fight physically. Drawing his sword, he pointed it at the young rider, challenging him to come nearer. Inferno fired a fireball at Thordin whie Frash stood up on his dragon's back. I may be tired, but I could still beat you with one hand tied behind my back he thought, a fiendish grin forming on his lips. "You should not be challenging me, boy!" he shouted at the young rider. "I have more power than you could ever dream of . . . and you are still too young to deflect my powers." Goodbye! he thought, thrusting the sword out at the younger's dragon.

TAG: MM, Anyone else
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    OOC: Where is everyone?
  14. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: CS approved

Character:

Name: Vendars
    Race: elf
    Dragon
    --Name: Ancalagon the Destroyer
    --Color: Black
    --other: Large enough to blot out the sun when close by
    Weapons and Armor
    --WOC : sword: see http://www.reliks.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=2611 only the blade is black, and the pommel has a Peridot diamond in the center see http://www.freshtrends.com/mas_assets/www/BirthStone-Chart-gold-belly-button-rings2.jpg . Lance is barbed, 7 meters long.
    --Weapon color: sword (Set): black. Lance: Blood red with black handgrip.
    -- Armor type: http://warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Malekith_concept.jpg
    --Armor color: gold and black
    Bio:

Vendars is the older son of the elven king Thangralion. When his father died, he assumed that he will have the throne because he was a rider, and riders are not to be opposed. But the council of nobles instead selected his younger sister Ethalowae thinking Vendars was to violent to claim the throne. Angered by this, Vendars joined the Brimstone Riders promising Sal'Tor his loyalty in exchange for the elven throne. Vendars is proven a worthy adversary with magic, blade, and lance to the Draconis riders. But, Vendars is secretly planning to kill Sal'Tor and to seize control over The Brotherhood of Brimstone. Yet he is patient, and is waiting for his chance.

Name: Ethalowae
    Race: elf
    Dragon: N/A
    --Name:
    --Color:
    Weapons and Armor
    --WOC: a sword see http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s216/phyreblade_blog/Weapons/Drizzt%20Scimitars/icingdeath_detail.jpg , bow see: http://www.runtimedna.com/mod/bcs/photos/productFullPC-RD026.jpg
    --Weapon color: bow is fashioned with gold and ivory
    -- Armor type: http://www.costumersguide.com/eragon/armor8.jpg , a better view http://www.costumersguide.com/eragon/armor4.jpg
    --Armor color: more gold no black
    Bio:

Ethalowae is the younger daughter of the previous elven monarch Thangralion. When her father died of unknown causes, she was given the throne instead of her brother Vendars. Ethalowae is kind hearted and loved by her people, which is why she was given the throne (the nobles feared that Vendars was too violent and unwholesome to take the throne). Yet Ethalowae feared that for accepting the throne, she created a deadly enemy for the throne. She was right, not long after this Vendars joined the Brimstone Riders. And ordered Ethalowae to surrender the throne, she refused because she knew how ruthless her brother will be to his subjects. So she is preparing the elves for war. Secretly she is not confident of her power because she fears she is still too young for the throne.

OOC: posts coming soon
  15. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    IC: Vendars

Vendars flew high just above the clouds. It was a perfect day, a perfect day to battle some enemy riders.

<There is the battle.> Ancalagon said looking down. Vendars looked down and saw the two armies of the Brimstone and Draconus riders fighting each other. Above the battle, riders on both sides engaged each other in the air.

Vendars smiled at his companion. "Shall we, friend and brother of my heart?" Ancalagon roared <WE shall!!> With those words, the large dragon dived towards the battle letting his shadow fall over the battlefield. The two armies stopped fighting as the shadow desended over them. They looked past the combating riders and saw a black dragon and its rider holding a lance diving down at top speed. The two armies broke and scattered. The riders looked up just in time to see a sliver of steel, fire, teeth, claws, and muscle hurling down at them.

TAG: Riders (any)
  16. loneclonehunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zandar paced nervously across his chambers, Venom sat soundlessly in his small roost. Ever since the first brimstone attack he had had trouble sleeping through the night and after watching many of the men he had grown up with and trained with die he could barely shut his eyes, for every time he did the images of his fallen breatheren flooded into his mind.
    But he had found a new way to fend off these attacks of insomnia, Sparing.
    He stopped pacing and picked up his magnificent red sword, its weight slightly encumbering with gravity now bearing down on him. He slid on a pair of silk pants and walked into his training chambers. Around him were 10 wooden men, all equipped with real swords and all lifeless...
    Until Zandar infused them with magic.
    Their swords rose up into battle positions and and their legs began advancing towards him. When the first one reached him he swung his mighty sword cleaved its wooden body in two, then ducked to the side as the second wooden warrior swung its sword in an arch the would have killed a lesser man.
    He was not a lesser man.
    He quickly swung his sword in a low arch, cutting its legs off, the stabbed the sword straight through its head. Three more advanced on his, but he silently whispered 'Brisinger' lighting them all on fire with intense blue flames that burned them to cinders in seconds. The last five wooden warriors figured out their power in numbers and tryed to attack him head on from all sides.
    But he was ready, and quickly jumped up just as they reached him. He spun upside down then cut off all of their heads.
    Sweating and panting he stood up from his crouched position and walked off to bed, this time genuinely exausted.
    Then he saw them, at least 100 of them, all flying towards the temple of the Order Draconis.
    They were under attack.
  17. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Thordin & Saphira

Thordin and Saphira flew towards Frash as fast as they could. He knew his nephew would be torn to shreds. Thordin used all his power to break into his apprentices mind, but to no avail. Somehow Thrak'nim and Arcanis were able to block him, keeping him out of their thoughts. *"Saphira we have to stop them, they will die if we don't."* <"I know, but they are blocking us and I can't get their fast enough."> Thordin was about to reply but his heart fell in shock. They were too late.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Thrak'nim & Arcanis

Thrak'nim and Arcanis both let out a war cry. Arcanis let out a load Roar, and Thrak Yelled. The meters between them and their opponent quickly disappeared. They were just below him now. With the aid of Arcanis, Thrak flew up into the air towards Frash. His sword pointing at his heart. Arcanis rammed into Frash's Dragon, biting at his neck. The remaining distance between Frash and Thrak disappeared. I smile went up on Thrak'nims face, victory inevitable. Or so he thought. The smile on his face quickly turned into anguish when he felt, and saw the enemy's sword go into his chest. It had missed his heart, but it was a killing blow. He screamed in pain. Arcanis Roared and broke away from the other dragon. He grabbed Thrak, pulling the sword out of him. The pain that surged through Thraks body when Arcanis pulled him away, surged through their link. Arcanis Howled in agony, and began falling to the ground.

Tag: Gunny.

18. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash watched as the young rider and his dragon began a death spiral towards the ground. His sword had probably missed the heart, but he had enough power to kill the apprentice. He grinned; the Rider was going to die, and he would have one less enemy to face. It was simple economics; one down, one less to go. However, he realized that he had used up so much strength, his magic reserves low for a while. Recharging on the battlefield would mean surrendering to the Order, and he could not bear to think of that, especially after he killed many of their own. The sword he had run through the boy with was covered in crimson blood, coating the red-orange sword. Using magic, he was able to clean most of it off, and he sheathed it back in its case. Looking down, he could see the Rider fall to the ground, both he and dragon slowly dying through their mental link.

TAG: MM, Others
  19. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2

Vendars and Ancalagon screached down towards the batting riders. With the force to rival a torpedo, he smashed his lance through the heart of a Draconous Rider. As rider and dragon plunged to the ground, Vendars laughed heartlessly and conjured a fireball and threw it at the Draconus army killing many of their men. Ancalagon roared, filled his lungs with air, and spat out black flames at the Draconus army. Laughing, he called his lance back to him with a spell, and shook it at the Draconus riders saying "Any other takers you cowards?!"

TAG: windu, MM, brimstone riders if you guys wish

Ethalowae

Ethalowae looked at the crowd of elven nobility and commanders before her. The young elvan queen was 150 years old. Yet she still retaines the beauty of a 17 year old. She sighed, she knew she was not ready for this, so did they. Yet they picked her anyway. In her opinion it was for both a cruel joke and the nobles believe they can control her.

TAG: guuny, nobles
  20. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Where is everyone? Is this still on?
  21. Mister_Master Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Thordin & Saphira.

Thordin and Saphira dived through the air towards Thrak'nim and Arcanis. Thordin didn't care about the enemy rider anymore. His nephew, and apprentice is dying. Along with one of Saphira's brothers.

Just as Saphira hit the ground Thordin jumped off her back, and ran over to his nephew. Dropping to the ground he knelt down next to Thrak. "I have failed you. You were not ready for this." Tears welled up in Thordins eyes. "You... are not... to blame, Uncle... I failed... myself." Thordin put his hand on Thraks head. "It has been an honor to train you." Thrak looked up at Thordin. "Darkness... veils my... vision... Good Bye... Ebrithil." Thordin lowered his head as he felt the last drain of life leave Thrak, and Arcanis. "Rest now Thrak'nim Shur'tugal, and Arcanis Skulblaka. May your souls rest in peace."

Thordin felt hot tears slide down his cheek. The only family other then Saphira he had left is dead. Thordin turned and looked up at Frash, tears rolling down the sides of his face, and red hot anger in his eyes. He jumped on Saphira's back, and they took off, charging at the other rider.

22. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Frash saw Thordin mourn his nephew, who he had just killed. It was the thought that Thordin would come back for retribution which was the most pleasing; double the fall for the Order riders. However, he knew that his strength was running low, and the adrenaline was almost gone. He would have to rely on his fellow Brimstone riders to help him win this fight.

23. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2

Vendars smirked as anouther rider attacked him. With a lightning thrust, his lance went through the enemy rider; both killing rider and dragon.
    Quickly, he flew into the sky away from the enemy archers. Just then he noticed a familiar looking rider. Frash Tuc. Smiling, Vendars flew towards him and said "Greetings, Frash Tuc what is new?"

TAG: GUNNY
  24. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2

Vendars smirked as anouther rider attacked him. With a lightning thrust, his lance went through the enemy rider; both killing rider and dragon.
    Quickly, he flew into the sky away from the enemy archers. Just then he noticed a familiar looking rider. Frash Tuc. Smiling, Vendars flew towards him and said "Greetings, Frash Tuc what is new?"

TAG: GUNNY

OOC: I don't know how to delete posts. I had funky computer problems. Sooo it posted twice.
  25. AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Knight

star 2
    OOC: Where is everyone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.