main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies- An RA/GE/YVMF RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    It is a dark time for the Galaxy Proper,
    the Rebel Alliance was dealt a heavy
    blow at the battle of Hoth with the death
    of Luke Skywalker and several other key
    leaders and warriors.

With the loss of his son, Lord Vader
    committed suicide and the Emperor was killed
    in a freak accident involving one of his Force
    experiments.

But while the Empire and the Rebellion healed
    from their losses, a new threat has emerged
    from the pools of darkness. Aliens from another
    galaxy have dared to cross into our own and
    wage war against the deziens and its sovereign
    government, the Galactic Empire.

Now it is a year since the Battle of Hoth and the
    Rebel Alliance and Galactic Empire have new
    leadership, but the age old war between the two
    powers continue even as the invaders push forward
    toward the center of the galaxy...
    ------------------------------------------

If you wish to join in this Role Play, please join one of the following groups:

Galactic Empire
    Rebel Alliance
    Yuuzhan Vong Military Force

The Game Masters of this Role Play are the following:

Jace Halcyon (Yuuzhan Vong)
    Fire_Ice_Death (Rebellion)
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo (Galactic Empire)

The Rules

1. No God Moding, this includes Force-users.
    2. Players can not post oppenants damage.
    3. Players must post their own damage in accordance to the attack made upon them.
    4. Players must admit defeat or death when there is no possible and reasonable escape or fatal injuries prevent escape.
    5. Force users are limited in the usage of their abilities by two times per ability per battle.
    6. Players must play out their character as they have it in their character profile sheet.
    7. Players can not use the knowledged gained from Out of Character while playing In Character. This includes any knowledged revealed by other players in their In Character posts unless your character heard the other voice it.
    8. Players can not post the passing of time so they can get to a battle and save the day. Be realistic, if you are trying to reach Endor from the Corporate Sector it will take you several days to get there which by then any battle fought at Endor will have been overwith.
    9. Superweapons are not allowed. This includes the Death Star, Sun Crusher, ESSDs, SSSDs, Galaxy Gun, and various other weapons of mass destruction.
    10. Be realistic with the usage of your Force abilities.
    11. Most important of all, have fun!
    ---------------------------------------

Post any character profiles within your group's thread.
    Fire_Ice_Death said the following when creating characters:

"People, make your bio atleast semi-believable. Not "I'm a hero of the battle of Yavin." or "I covered the rebel retreat from Hoth." that's just BS and will NOT be taken seriously. ;) So be inventive. Oh and you can't be a relative of an existing character either. Not only is it cheesy, but I doubt Skywalker or Han Solo has been around the block that much. :D"

Use this profile:

Type: Non-Player (NPC) or Player (PC)?
    Name:
    Nickname:
    Species:
    Homeworld:
    Family Name: (clan, household phalanx names, etc)
    Native Language:
    Foreign Language:

Appearance
    ---Height:
    ---Weight:
    ---Eye Color:
    ---Hair/Fur Color:
    ---Skin Color:
    ---Clothing:
    ---Other: (scars, tattoos etc)

Personality:
    Habits:
    Tastes:
    Talents:

Affiliation:
    ---Branch: (Army, Navy, Intel, Smuggler, etc)
    ---Station: (Your base of operations, such as a capital ship or a garrison that you are assigned to)
    ---Unit: (Your capital ship, troop, or squadron name)
    ---Position: (Are you a squad leader, sniper, solider, etc? I.e. Delta 1 of Delta Troop)
    ---Primary Weapons: (These are the main weapon

2. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Two times per battle?

Does that mean one specific ability or the Force in general?

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    specific ability

EDIT: Ok I clarified what i meant in that one rule.

4. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Name: Yun-Yuuzhan
    Nickname: Yun, YY
    Race: Yuuzhan Vong
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Languages: Several Yuuzhan Vong dialects, Basic, Huttese, Bocce
    House: Domain is unknown
    Affiliation: Yuuzhan Vong, loyal to Warmaster Jace Halcyon, Jedi Knights
    ----Job Type: General, Nithrak's sometimes bodyguard
    ----Unit/Ship Name: Unit-changes often/ Ship-changes often
    ----Code Name: Ripper
    ----Weapons: Various lightsabers
    Personal Ship's Name: Plague
    ----Weapons: Information unavailable
    ----Size: Information unavailable
    ----Passengers: Information unavailable
    ----Crew: Information unavailable
    ----Cargo Capacity: Information unavailable
    ----Engine: Information unavailable
    ----Sheilds: Information unavailable
    ----Package: Information unavailable
    Personality: Determined, quiet, intelligent
    Appearance: Tatooed, scarred, tall around 2.29meters(close to 7ft 5in)
    Skills: Most combat skills, piloting
    Force: Yes
    ----Light or Dark?: Light
    ----Abilities: All common traits, no specialities
    ----Lightsaber Type: Double and Single Bladed
    -------Color: Red
    -------Crystal: Ruby
    -------Features: Standard lightsabers, no extra features
    -------1 or 2?: 2 of each kind
    History: Former assassin and Warmaster. Cast out of home galaxy because of Force powers. Trained as a Jedi before taken as an officer by Warmaster Shedao. Hated by many Yuuzhan Vong radicals. Nearly killed on last mission against Imperials.

(One from AJ's board, tell me if I need to change it)

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Hey! I said keep the profiles in your group and to use the one i provided above

6. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    lol some person was bound to post their profiles in your thread CM :p

7. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Booster looked out the window of Jedi's Fist. The recent deaths of so many friends ran pain deep.

The imperials would pay.

" Captain. Set a course for Coruscant. Relay a peaceful signal. I wish to speak with the highest Imperial ranking official...in person. Peacefully of course."

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I figured that it might happen, Ben.

9. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
  10. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    If we participated at AJ's site, do we have to post another one?

11. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    i guess you don't have to but it'd be better since this isn't AJ's site. and plus you'll have more people to show off your profiles to :D

12. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I just had to do that Mitth, sorry.

13. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    "HALYCRON", blast you!!! Not "HALCYON"!!!

AGH!

14. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    The first official RP of this Forum!! :D

Location- just outside the system of Bakura.

Captain: Admiral Skywalker, we have confirmation that all fleets are in position.

Ben Skywalker: alright.(turns to Comm Officer) tell all fleets to engage their respective planets within 5 standard seconds from recieving the message.

Comm Officer: yessir.

Ben Skywalker: (turns back to Captain)any opposition, captain?

Captain: 3 star destroyers and 4 patrol boats. nothing we can't handle.

Ben: alright then. all ships full speed ahead.

*after a few secs the fleet reaches Bakura's defense fleet*

Ben: Open fire.

*At exactly the same time, the planets of Malastare, Surrp, and Xegobah were attacked*

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh dear. You Rebels seem awfully daring. A two-pronged attack was considered daring, but you are upping that bar on that one. I was pretty certain the Rebellion didn't mount to many large scale attacks, rather they used secret operations. Their main weapons were spies, sabotage, revolutionaries, and hidden operations. I hope you know what you are doing. The Rebellion was never stupid enough to engage the Empire directly. As per rules, Jello knows nothing of this attack.

I request an addition to the rules. I propose that a rule be created ensuring that the counterpart of a poster be given time to post before the first poster posts again. E.G. FID and his fleet attack say, Corellia. And say... I'm in charge of that area. FID and his fleet cannot post more without a post from me. Realistically, ships aren't just going to be inactive.

CmdrMitth, I was wondering why I was not a game master in this RP? I was here longer than you were, AND was the one that asked you to join the Empire.

I do have various comments in (()) that you should all pay attention to. Mostly Ben Skywalker.

Grand Admiral Jello was making his daily rounds through the Nothern wing of the Palace, when his comlink chimed. Knowing that the Bothans would not appreciate being ignored, the Imperial leader chose to instead ignore the comlink.

"Greetings, Tal Oma'res. You wished to speack with me?" asked the Grand Admiral.

The furry Bothan nodded sagely, "Indeed. It appears that Imperial patrols have been venturing quite close to Bothan space. In fact, a Strike Cruiser actually entered Bothan space at our Kothlis Colony."

Jello smiled, "You refer to station Kothlis II? Apparently, one of your high ranking members chose to join the Rebellion. We are concerned of Rebels smuggling money and information through it."

"I assure you, the Bothan government would never aid the Rebels. We are neutral in this war of yours."

Grand Admiral Jello changed his tone to a business-like one, "If you can allow Imperial inspectors inside, the Empire would compensate you for all lost profits."

The Bothan laughed, "You know us well. Very well, have your inspection. Do not take long. Before you do so, there are some matters that we need to deal with."

After going through several hours of polital briefings, he decided it was time for a rest. When he had time, he opened his comlink.

"Sir, a Rebel ship is holding at the edge of the system. They are under the Vindicator's guns, and request to meet with you in person."

Jello sighed, "The executives for Sienar are coming in four hours, I am occupied. Tell them that I will contact them in holo."

While pacing his command chambers, he had a new HoloNet message. It read: 'This is the Dreadnaugh Vulture's Talons from Malastare, we are under attack by a group of Rebel ships ((Hey, Ben, what ships are attacking Malastare anyway?)). We request assistance. Fwd: Commodore Lestern.'

If this was a forwarded message, then the planet must have already been under attack. Checking the location of the nearest Star Destroyer, it was fifty light-years away. It could easily arrive within the hour((Star Destroyer's flank speed is 127 lightyears per hour, meaning it could cross the entire galaxy in 1,000 hours. All Rebel and Vong capital ships are of the same speed, so please keep time scaling realistic)) , but if this was a standard hit-and-run attack, it would be a wasted gesture.

Another signal came from a replusor planet called Bakura. Where did all these planets come from? I've never heard of them before the Rebel attack. The details were very sketchy indeed, and its location prevented any rescue. No matter. . ((BEN, you do realize that three Star Destroyers are very powerful. They could hold against any Rebel attack for a long while. Keeping that in mind, there is no way ANY Star Destroyers would be located at Bakura. Read TAB? It only had a Carrack-class cruiser an

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Another thing that everyone should know.

Do not post enemy strengths. You go not know so, and could make a mistake. For example, Ben Skywalker thought the Empire had THREE ISDs on the little planet of Bakura, when it only had a Carrack-cruiser, 5 squads of TIEs, and a dozen or so little system patrol craft.

When any of the three groups chooses to attack a planet, request defense data first. It isn't fair at all to assume defenses.

This also goes along with my above post. Let others respond. Just because someone doesn't respond with defenses (that's my job, system defenses), or respond in a post, then no not assume they aren't taking action, or that there are no defenses. Wait. Some times people suffer from the condition known as 'real life'.

EDIT: Also, please try to post in 3rd person story format like my above post. It is difficult to understand or have fun when someone says: *Launches TIE Fighters, who blow up the freighter*. Instead, do this: The TIEs launched from the freighter, and sinaled the freighter to surrender. When it did not respond, the TIEs destroyed it.

You call always write in 3rd person story from, and still be brief, if you don't like writing too much. Just try to avoid *action*. Perhaps you could treat it as explaining what you are doing, but in 3rd person, like a story.

I'd also hope you guys all stay true to your group. Rebels shouldn't have big operations everywhere, and many Admirals. Listen to your bosses. Historically (in SW), Rebel leadership had tight control over all operations, and always had leader approval first.

Same with the Imps, but we do have large fleets and operations. Our status as a goverment, and the nature of our fleet (large, but spread VERY thin) only allow us to use an ISD at the most for many actions. Regardless of that, an ISD is a strong match for any Rebel craft, and Rebel fleets avoid action.

If you read OT era books, or any games in that area, you'd notice the Mon Cal ships were used more as fighter bases then battleships. Imperial Star Destroyers were more battleships than fighter bases. So the Mon Cal doesn't like fighting an ISD, and the ISD doesn't like fighting a swarm of X-wings.

This setting, in a JC board, does able the group leaders to control actions already taken, so perhaps each group should have a "welcome PM". This could be a copy+paste type thing, with instructions and RP info it in. It could be updated with RP history as well. I strongly suggest that it include RP history, timeline info, info on rules, info on waiting, info on 3rd person RPing, and info on how to fit your group's fighting style. (Sneaky, secret and small for Rebels. Tight, secure, and large for Imperials. And ummm... Well, the Vong are evil. So they need to teach Vong behavoirs and taunts.

This "welcome PM" should be given to all new members by each groups respective recruitment officer.

17. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Zaarin sat in his office in the main station of the ZT shipyards over Kuat. Zaarin laughed to himself. His predessesor, (sp?) a Mon Calamari had been paranoid. He had had droidekas everywhere, and spent much of his profits on the Kuat Guard. He had become so much of a threat the Empire's elite commandos had blown him and most of the Kuat Guard up. Zaarin looked out viewport, seeing the ISDIIs Tiger, Forger and Reckoning sitting around the yards, ready to vape pirates or raiders or whatever might threaten either Zaarin Technologies or its customers. Zaarin shook himself out of the staring into nothingness. He had important business. Project Gnisal was more important that watching his sentinels get bored out of their minds. Zaarin's holoprojector turned on. A quarter sized GAJ looked up at him. "Zaarin, I need details on Project Gnisal now. Send them as soon as possible." the figure said. Zaarin almost replied, but noticed it was a recording, not a direct transmission. The Caridan picked up his datapad and dossier on Project Gnisal and began to copy the dossier to the datapad. When he was done, he sent it to GAJ.

18. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    I don't get the "posting opponents' damage" rule. Can someone give me an example?

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    ((Ok, about opponent damage.
    'Zaarin got into his B-Wing. It was loaded with heavy rockets. He took off, bound for the ISD. He went to the ISD, launched all his rockets and blew it up.' That is against the rules. You can only post your attack, not the aftermath.
    'Zaarin got into his B-Wing. It was loaded with heavy rockets. He took off, bound for the ISD. He went to the ISD, launched all his rockets and waited for the ISD to explode...' That is going with the rules. Then the commander of the ISD would take action to save his or her ship. Understand?))

20. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    ((BUT..as in the Battle For Chandrila, there are extremist circumstances. Myself and Jello both began to post each other's damage, as it was the only way to actually FINISH the war.))

OOC: The Yuuzhan Vong aren't evil. They just seem to be to the Infidels.

Their "Gods" told them that this galaxy was theirs, they need only sacrifice the current inhabitants.

So, if anything, the "Gods" are evil.

21. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    *walks over to window of his ATR and begins eating a banana. As Charth Maul sits by the window, he looks out over the battle at Bakura.*

"I wonder what kind of padding those Rebel Cruisers have on the Admiral's chair..." he thought to himself.

*With that said, Charth Maul's ATR enters hyperspace, him still eating the banana.*

22. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    Booster reconsidered his action. More than likely, he would be taken captive immediately on his arrival.

BOOSTER: On second though, Captain. Set a course for Yavin 4. Something tells me we need to be there...it's the force beckoning me.

CAPTAIN: yes sir.

Booster had thought that with the deaths of the emperor and vader that the darkside had been vanquished.

but he felt an overwhelming coldness....

the dark forces were gathering

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    These Bothans were not to be trusted. To that end, Grand Admiral Jello needed to make sure that they were in fact, neutral.

Noticing that High General Mitth was best suited for the operation he had planned, he contacted him with a holo message. "Greetings, General. I have a task for you, if you are able. The Imperial Star Destroyer Odyssey is leaving for Kothlis in a day or so. I have been given word that Rebels may possibly be smuggling information and resources through the Bothans. Worst case, the Bothans could be secretly supporting the Rebellion. Director Isard has recommended I send you on this mission. I concurred, because you have Imperial authority, and if Rebel assets do exist on the station, you could take them out. Please take at lease two members of Black Wolf with you, disguised as stormtroopers, in case you need to do any snooping while you inspect that station. Please inform the Bothans that you are traveling on my authority. The captin of the Odyssey will recognize you as the leader of this operation. Contact me if anything comes up. I cannot underscore the importance of this mission."

If the Bothans were helping the Rebels, they had to take the fall. However, there was only one way to do so successfully.

"HoloComm, frequeny 17-89.9974.67 password *****."

The signal patched him into a place known only has the Hand of Thrawn. A short while later a blue face, very similar to High General Mitth's, looked at him.

"Greetings, Grand Admiral Thrawn. I need some help."

Thrawn nodded, "How might I be of service, sir?"

"I need the password for access into your files, I would use the Imperial Information Center, but I need to keep this a candlestine operation."

Later that day, Grand Admiral Jello walked out of the palace, and down the many stairs. Stading outside was a cruel looking man, "Grand Moff Kaine? What are you doing at Imperial City?"

"I was given word of attacks on three Rim planets. I am requesting Death Squadron to help me and raze Mon Calamari, along with many other Rim planets."

Jello sighed. They'd been over this before. "Kaine, listen. Attacking the Rebels is difficult. We don't even know where they are. If we attack a world, such as Mon Calamari, public opinion may drop. We need reasons now. We don't have Palpatine or Lord Vader to keep people in line anymore. We have to worry about everyone's opinions now."

Kaine growled, "Then what of the Vong? They aren't anything the galaxy will support. Send Death Squadron there!"

Jello's voice turned cold, "You know full well that Death Squadron is my strike group. I need them for another operation. I'm signing orders for the Annihilator to join your operations. It will add muscle to the Rim. I need the Vindicator here on Imperial Center, and Death Squadron is my sword against the Rebels."

Kaine smiled cruelly, "You may be the Supreme Commander now, but the Ruling Circle is watching you. If we lost any major operations, you might find yourself jobless. Even if the Imperial public fully supports you. I heard you demoted Piett, apparently you must have felt that he was too powerful for you. Well you can't demote some of the Grand Admirals I have backing me. We are watching..."

Jello narrowed his eyes, "I hadn't demoted Piett for those reasons. He has been a solid officer since the Emperor's death. I had other reasons for it. But I am still giving him considerable clout. I'm sending him off to the Rim, to help you plan defenses. He will be based on the Annihilator, while it will not be his vessel, it will be his stage of operations. We need to find a way to stop these Vong before it is too late. We may overpower them, but they can concentrate vast numbers of ships together, while we cannot. Piett will not report to you, Kaine, he will send any suggestions about battle to me."

((I hope I've gotten everyone busy. If you are an Imperial, and you have nothing to do, tell me in our thread. Meanwhile, I've g

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    <<CmdrMitth, I was wondering why I was not a game master in this RP? I was here longer than you were, AND was the one that asked you to join the Empire. >>

Because I created this thread thus I am automatically a GM according to the rules of this board. Plus it would not be fair if there are two Imperial GMs while the other groups only have one.

Also you may have been in the Empire longer than me but I have more experiance in Role Playing.

25. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    14 hours before the imminent attack on his respective planet, rebel leader, Fire, stare out his transparisteel viewport. The low humming of his ship beneath his feet, small wonders he thought when he opened himself to his ship's 'heart' beating. Behind him the door pinged-someone wanted to see him.

"Enter" he said softly
    To his mild suprise it was his commander, Drazel Niktov. He turned around to face his subordinate, his commander's blue eyes shone like contained sphere's of lightning, he was young, almost too young, his commander pursed his lips and said "We have a report from the Admiral, he wishes us to engage our planet within five seconds of his message." Fire could only curl his lip in a feral grin-this four pronged attack they were about to launch The Imps won't be too happy about this. "All right, tell him that my part of the plan is under way. Tell me, Drazel, what do you think of....this." he asked while turning to stare out the viewport. Drazel taken aback by the question only had to wonder "Think about what?" came his reply, again all Fire could do was contain himself, about a year ago he would've had Drazel in some desk job, but now things were desperate too desperate he couldn't help but think. But we're not done yet "Why the blackness of space, Commander, so cold and peaceful yet always moving, always shifting-tomorrow we might be here or there, but there's always space that's the constant peace in life."

"Sir, can we get back to business?"
    Fire turned to his subordinate, smiling suprisingly "All right, Commander, what word from the scout ships?"
    "They report that the target has relay stations that could draw reinforcements, may I suggest that jamming them and then destroying them would be less costly."
    "Noted." came the quick reply "Tell Ben of the plan to do that also, we don't want the Imps here any sooner than we want them to be. What have you heard about our probable next target?
    "Our sources report that it only has three Star Destroyers guarding it, but other than that, it's defenseless. Of course there could be planetary shields."
    "If that's the case we'll make due without the ISD's " he had to smirk at that, earlier on in the war he had virtually given up taking part in this war, but thanks to some encouraging news he now felt that he could lead, and win. \

"Well if there's nothing else Commander, you're dismissed." his commander gave him a salute and did an about-face and exited. Fire shuffled his way through his semi-cramped cabin and lay down, in almost five minutes they'd launch and attack. Later they came out upon their target, the planet, Malastare. And jammed their communications. The battle had begun.....

((Sorry if this is before our battle, but I was in bed and didn't reply, so I hope this makes up for it. Lemme know what ya think, good? Bad? Stupid? Lemme know, Im kinda new to this form of RP.))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.