main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies- An RA/GE/YVMF RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    OOC: Sorry Jello, forgot something in my attack force:

10 Grutchin Assualt Carriers
    Each GAC carries approx 50 Grutchins.

Grutchins attack enemy ships in a swarm. They have acidic fangs and rear talons that can rip into metal. Grutchins essentially devour metallic objects. They can be killed relatively easily, but they are small, fast, and numerous.

2. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    OOC: Warmaster's Attack Force
    -(1)Supreme War Cruiser, Solus Altissima
    -(20) YV Assault Cruisers
    -(20) YV Light Cruisers
    -(18) YV Corvettes
    --Coralskippers: 120 squadrons - 1440 total
    --Solus Altissima: 20 Squadrons
    --Assault Cruiser: 4 Squadrons Each
    --Light Cruiser: 1 Squadrons Each

(After Chandrila, I am making no more mistakes. But after these, I am going to smash a Rebel target. Should make you happy, Jello.)

Budaki, how the hell could you possibly know that I'm going to Obrao-Skai?

Good, Jello is going to meet me. It'd be a shame if I ahd to smash some lowely Imperial Captain or Commander...

3. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    OOC: I told budaki about the attack from a "prophetic vision" I had as a Sith High Priest.

Shouldn't be a big deal anyway. I mean, GAJ is going to be your big threat anyway, right?

4. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    Keep it beliveable, Jeedai.

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    GrandAdmiralJello, when shall I depart for Bastion?

6. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    OOC: Boy, you guys are really on top of things to know that the YV are attacking Bastion, Obrao-Skai and Myrkr.

I guess P-o-T is really on top of his Intelligence data.

7. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
  8. nithrak_tewl

May 23, 2001
  9. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    OOC: Maybe we have a mole in your order, he he he

10. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    ((Guys, lets keep it realistic.....You can't know about every single friggin attack.))

11. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    OOC: That isn't really possible. We haven't had a new member since The_Eighth_Cortex, and he is well trusted.

On top of that, we have discusses no classified moves, but you people are partaking in a subdued form of God-moding (knowing where everyone else is, when your character could not possibly have that information).

12. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I know about Bastion, and I shall strike when given the order. Nithrak_tewl, prepare to die.

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    OOC: I can assure you that we have justified ways of knowing of the attack on Obra-Skai, and Myrkr means little to us anyway - i think the rebels and their Jedi would be more concerned.
    Bastion is a bit of bad luck. Groundwalker was going to be posted in that region anyway. But to be fair, we won't have the ship set sail until a distress call is sent from Bastion. Fair?

IC: "There she is Sir, Bespin. No contacts orbitting the Planet. But Sir, we are recieving data from the governor, Lando Calrissian."
    Kane Lavos smiled at the stroke of luck. "Put him on screen."
    "Imperials! you...." the governors voice tralied off as he looked at PoT's face. "Director..I..you are not welcome here."
    PoT stood defiantly. "In the short time since we last spoke, have the rebellion corrupted you that much?"
    "The Alliance seeked only to show US and the rim the true nature of justice and liberty."
    PoT snarled foward at the screen. "Well be prepared for a new type of justice then, Governor. The Rebel justice. Now they have you in their thrall, you will see how benevolent they truly are."

switching off the screen, he ordered executioner squadron to fly cover as the shuttles and freighters lifted from the small facility to the south.
    Climbing into his cockpit, he jetted his engines and blasted off.
    "Vella, these are my orders. take the shuttles and the freighter to planet "brightlight." Then return to your command. you are in charge whilst i am gone."

Vella circled around a spire and blew up a platform containing the rebels AT-PT's that they had left for 'defense'. "But where will you be Sir?"
    PoT smiled. "My dear Vella, I'll be dead."
    With that he veered around the corner, where the handful of rebel troops left behind had set up a mobile turbolaser. Flying straight at it, the Chief Marshall twisted in a delicate turn before blasting the platform to peices.
    But not before a bolt lanced out and struck the wing of his ship, sending the Director spiralling in amongst the towers of the city.
    Vella could see a small yet muffled explosion, and could see the citizenry CHEER at the death of an imperial pilot.
    "Come on Executioners, looks like no fighters in the sky, lets take our charges and go home."

And with that, the last vestiges of Imperial Presence hyperspaced out of Bespin, leaving a governor and his people seemingly liberated from the Imperial Tyranny.

FOOTNOTE TO THE LAST DIARY ENTRY OF DIRECTOR PROTEGE OF THRAWN: Project Genesis will once again be safe, and on another world in the galaxy. if someone is lucky enough to attack it, i will take it in my stride, for i lived in this galaxy with honour. Bespin - by its own choice - has thrown off Imperial control and is still allied with the Rebellion. Nothing i could do would prevent that. I hope our leaders take note of the changing colour of the rim. I wish DarthMalt all the success he wants in running Intel. PoT, signing off.

14. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Ok, I can wait until a distress signal is sent.

15. nithrak_tewl

May 23, 2001
    I think you'll find I'm full of surprises Fluke.

OOC: Perhaps they haven't been ordered to attack since Jello is playing fair, and is waiting until we actually attack and his troops at those locations can send for assistance. Just speculation, trying not to get upset before we know exactly what's going on.

16. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    No, Yun and nithrak can handle Fluke and his SSD, and If they cannot, myself, Rockangus or Quel-Droma001 can be there shortly.

Just for argument's sake, how do you know about Obrao-Skai?

EDIT: No one is getting upset, nithrak.

I'm just making sure that no God-moding is taking place, as it was one of the reasons our old RP thread fell apart.

17. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    I see that you Vong have gotten serious. Diverting your attention to a lowly Captain? Well, I assure you, you'll regret that decision, and will soon find out that I have very...honed skills for being a Captain. I look forward to our battle.

18. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    OOC: Some people are still being unreasonable.

19. nithrak_tewl

May 23, 2001
    As do I Fluke, as do I. I'll save a grutchin carrier or two for your SSD.

EDIT: I didn't mean anyone was getting upset but me Jace, and I didn't mean I was going to go cry in my big pillow, either :)

20. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    No attention on you, Groundwalker, only on Bastion.

21. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC:
    Admiral Quel-Droma's Assuslt Fleet

Capital Ships
    (1)Grand Cruiser Satanis Command Ship
    (20)YV Assult Cruisers
    (4)YV Light Cruisers
    (8)YV Corvettes

Coral Skippers
    93 Squadrons-1116 Coral Skippers
    Satanis-22 Squadrons
    YV Assult Cruisers-10 w/4 Squadrons Each
    7 w/3 Squadrons Each
    3 w/2 Squadrons Each
    YV Light Cruisers-1 Squadron Each

Cmdr_Chewie's Assult Fleet

Capital Ships
    (1)YV Heavy Assult Cruiser Primius
    (5)YV Assult Cruisers
    (16)YV Light Cruisers
    (15)YV Corvettes

Coral Skippers
    44 Squdrons-528 Coral Skippers
    Primius-8 Squadrons
    YV Assult Cruisers-4 Squadrons Each
    YV Light Cruisers-1 Squadron Each

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: No way. I did find out that you are attacking something (someone told me), but I do not know where. I have not ordered anything yet.
    However... I did post orders in the Imp thread, but they are not in affect until after the Vong attack. Those orders are OOC and just so people know to check the RP and GE. The Empire doesn't know of the attacks, but we are certain you will attack SOMWHERE soon.

Of course, being a Grand Admiral, I've already made plans in case you attack.

Do me a favor. As soon as you post yourselves actively entering the system, and be detectable, hold off of any action. I have swift plans in place. Keep this turn-based, so don't post twice in a row for the same battle. I'm ready to take you all on... so give me what I need. Time to get online and post. If you grant me that, you'll have a most entertaining fight.

Actually... I just thought of something. We CAN detect you. It isn't god moding, but serious thought. We can detect gravatic disturbances with CGT arrays, which are located at both Obroa and Bastion. Most Imperial key planets had them. Don't worry... it'll still take time to get there...

FLUKE, AJ, orders are here, in this post.

IC: Grand Admiral Jello decided for one last conference before leaving the planet. He then wanted to journey to the Outer Rim to prepar for the Vong attack, which, if he red the Vong correctly, would come very soon. The planet he wanted to go to was Yaga Minor, which would be the system closest to most trouble spots, and have excellent Intel. ((I am not god-moding here. I actually was going to do this after my last speech, which was this one.))

Instead of making a true speech, he wanted the Imperial citizens to send questions to their newsnetworks, and they would ask him.

GRAND ADMIRAL JELLO, IS IT TRUE THAT REBELS HAVE TAKEN PLANETS IN THE RIM?

"Yes, they have."

SIR, IS THIS A DANGER TO THE EMPIRE?

"No. The Rebels have attacked the most remote and undefended planets they could find. They are terrorists, seeking to fill Imperial citizens with fear."

RUMORS HAVE IT THAT THE REBELS ARE FREEING THE PLANETS FROM "IMPERIAL TYRANNY". WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THEM?

"Tyranny? We supply the galaxy with order, and neccessities. Under a Rebel dictatorship, these planets will suffer. They will have no trade, and no reliable systems. And the Rebels will steal from them. Remember this, the New Order IS the Republic reborn. We are continuing the old glory of the previous times. Before, the Senate was honest, and righteous. Now, as before, they last all order. Chaos ruled. The New Order is a new system, where everyone is happy. Ask the officers of the Fleet. They know."

It was at this time where Grand Admiral Jello received a signal. So... gravatic disturbances have been detected around the Bastion on Obroa Skai systems... ((I realized something. That technology has existed for a long time. We can detect you easily. My plan will now execute.))

He was disappointed in the Vong. Had they not realized that the Empire would have plans in case another major attack occurred? Either way, they had underestimate the Grand Admiral.

It was time to start the operation. He sent orders. Death Squadron and the SSDs Executor and Annihilator were sent to Bastion, along with the local Sector Fleet. The Sector Fleet would wait a little ways from the battle, and jump together.

Obroa-Skai was a bit more important, so Grand Admiral Jello would come along with 50 Star Destroyers from Coruscant's fleet. Hopefully, the local Sector Fleet could hope off the Vong.

Meanwhile... Grand Admiral Jello executed his operation.

He ordered each and every Sector Fleet, excepting those under attack, to split into two pieces. Half would stay. The other half would invade Vong territory, and start taking it over. They were put into groups of 50 ships, and took key woulds. The Imperial Reserve group of 1,000 ISDs (inferred from the Essential Chronology) at the Deep

23. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    OOC: Like Charth said, he saw it through the Force. He is the Sith High Priest (aka Supreme Prophet) you know. He simply told me to go to Obroa skai.

Since no one named the Flag ship of the Obroa Fleet i am naming it Oppressor and the Captain of it is a NPC named Captain Gensen.

IC:

Budaki walked around the Bridge of the Oppressor, Captain Gensen was busy monitoring the space around Obroa-Skai.

"Lt Budaki, you are sure about this?" Gensen inquired.

"Yes I am sure, would Grand Admiral Jello be on his way out here if i wasn't?" Budaki reflected for a moment, How did Jello find out about the Vong attacking anyways? I didn't tell him, perhaps Charth informed him. This will be my defining hour, i will destroy the leader of the Vong Fleet, and my Sith will have secured thier place in the Empire.

"Lieutenant, if i might ask," Gensen approached apprehensively, "I noticed that well, you are dressed rather odd, for a lieutenant that is." Budaki glanced down at his black and crimson armor, then stared back into space.

"It is not any of your concern Captain."

"How dare you not answer a superior officer--."

Budaki wipped out his lightsaber and ignited it, holding the blade half a meter from the man's face. "Does this answer any questions, SIR?"

Gensen stepped back, "You're a...you're a."

Budaki deactivated the saber and placed it back on his belt. "A what?"

"A...a...a sith!"

"Congradulations, perhaps you should have joined the intelligence division captain."

24. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Addressing issues you might bring up...

My plan is not godmoding. I had a plan, kept secret too all (HC too), in case you Vong ever had a major attack. It is conceivable, and looking at Thrawn or the other GAs, not a stretch of the imagination either.

The gravity array isn't godmoding either. It is clear, and set technology. Most Rim worlds don't have CGT. But all key Imperial planets did. Many of them were lost while the Empire left (one of the Thrawn trilogy sourcebooks), except for many, like Sivren. But... that never happened here.

Oh and I don't know the full strength of the Vong. I only know that you are attacking. As soon as you enter the system, and REAL sensor pick out what ships you have, then I might order reinforcing ships.\ to help me.

Please note that every move I have made is covered. I do not godmode, I hate godmoding very much. All I know is that the VONG are attacking Obroa and Bastion (not of what ships in the fleet). Mykr has no CGT, and no infrastructure in which to alert me.

Obviously, all the ships I sent to Bastion and Obroa will have a bit of trouble fighting, which I'll find out when you actually enter the system.

25. Fluke_Groundwalker

Aug 11, 2001
    Let me see if I interpreted that correctly. Is this the fleet going to Bastion?

Annihilator
    Executor
    Sector Fleet (Which consists of what?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.