main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies- An RA/GE/YVMF RP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    OOC:

TEC, or any other YVMF member, what is the defence of Dantooine, Garqi & Dubrillion?

2. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Lavos ordered his SSD, the Imperial Justice to cut a swathe through the remaining enemy fleet, raining destruction down on the confused swarm that lay in the wake of the Hapan broad strokes.

His DSD's fanned out to form an outer ring with the YV fleet between them and the planet, holding the combined gravity wells centred on the enemy, trapping them.

The remains of the Imperial Star Destroyer Fleet - led by Captain Baker on the Industrious - held a net between the planet and the YV on the other side, preventing access between the ground forces and the rapidly dwindling Yuuzhan Vong fleet numbers. Lavos was greatly engrossed in the enemy confusion, giving him insights into their psyche. Their leadership is dead or cut off from them, they flounder until a new leader emerges...pack behavior.
    He wondered if the Vong knew how much they resembled animals.

"Reder, can you do me a favour?"

The Captain seemed to be off in her own thoughts, but she quickly looked up. "Yes Sir! I would be honoured."

"Good. Direct my Starfighter squadrons to do sweeps in squadrons on the enemy cruisers, massed missile fire. The Interceptor Squadrons are to all go to ground and strafe the ground troops - concentrate on the troop transports, i want them trapped on the ground! Inform Captain Baker that he is to destroy any and all ships that try and escape atmosphere without authorisation. Task two Interceptor wings to swing through the melee, and look for any remaining skips. That is all."

"Sir" she saluted smartly, and then swung into action.
    Such a natural officer.

Lavos turned and put through a call to his three main agents.
    His mind was already looking to the next big plan.

3. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Most of this will be OOC:

WW: The Hapans are taking no losses? My tail.
    *cough*god-mode*cough*

To the YV: *cough*Cortex on Dathomir*cough*600+ warships*cough*

Nithrak: There should still be about 1/4-1/2 of the original YV ships up there, which, suffice to say, is very little.

(No I am not betraying my galaxy, I am merely keeping the challenge up while this truce runs. I guess you could say I'm like Fluke, right now.)

4. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    OOC: I'm waiting for Yun and Mitth to post again, but the remaining YV will be evacing ASAP.

IC:

Nithrak was knocked from his feet as the Genesis beasts overcame him. The newly charged Warmaster fought his way from the ground and began hacking his way through the creatures.

Nithrak slapped the villip on his shoulder.

"All forces, prepare for evac. If possible, burn anything we can't take with us. Set up a perimeter around the dropships and hold back the enemy."

Then he addressed the remainder of his fleet in orbit.

"All ships, send as many coralskippers as possible to cover our withdrawl, be prepared to leave as soon as we are on board."

Nithrak knew that this had been a horrific loss, one that would take time to recover from. Still, he had to try and salvage whatever he could.

Over the cries of the Genesis beasts, Nithrak called for Yun, but heard no reply. Then the Warmaster saw him, about 30 yards off and in a similar predicament, fighting his way through the Genesis beasts. Of Mitth there was no sign. Nithrak made his way to Yun and said

"Warleader, I think it's time we beat a hasty retreat, follow me."

Nithrak loosed his last two razor bugs through the crowd of creatures, as did Yun, clearing something of a path. The fought their way through the ranks and eventually made it to the edge of the battle, and promptly took off at a dead run towards the dropships. A few dozen YV warriors saw them and fell into step at their rear, all the while being chased by a horde of Genesis beasts.

"You know" said Nithrak "I'm starting to get a little frustrated."

Tag: Yun and Mitth.

5. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    "As am I."

*As they made a dash for their ships, hoping they were still there, blaster bolts began to fly at them from behind, striking the ground, flying past them, with a small few hitting Genisis clones*

"Oh joy, it gets better all the time!

"Shut up and run!"

*As the two leaders topped the hill they spotted their dropships still open and untouched. They kept running for the ships, knowing they couldn't stop if they wanted to live*

"Just a little longer..."

*Nithrak dove into the nearest ship headfirst and went straight for the controls as Yun stood at the entrance blocking blaster bolts with his lightsaber and killing any Genisis creature that came too close. He waited until all of his troops he could see made it within 100 meters of the ship before he told Nithrak to get ready to lift off. Most of the the survivors had made it in when one was shot from behind and skidded into the ship. What life remained in him was taken as he drowned in a puddle of his own blood*

"Lift off, leave, move, get us out of here. NOW!"

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: I will change Jedi Master Ikrit to someone else. This means I will have to repost my first 2 posts with Jedi Master Ikrit.

I understand the reason why I can't have Jedi Master Ikrit as a master.

7. Nechayev

Nechayev Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2002
    YV people i STILL need defence data for wayland& ithor & STILL need ship equivalents

8. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    IC:

Moria Base

The second pair of Interdictor generators neared completion and Kieran had decided to not put them on the Pride of Lorien with the previous 2 generators, but to install them on the Dreadnaught they had captured. The work would take a while, but it would be worth it. The Carrack cruiser had been overhauled and was now ready for action, the crew which had recently joined him were placed in low priority jobs amung his ships where they could not do any damage.

The frieghters purchased had just arrived, 4 more Bulk frieghts, Corellian Action Transports, and were undergoing matinence, soon to be launched with cargoes of Ore for the Rebel Alliance.

Hyperspace

The Orthanc and Excellsior sped along to their next intended targets.

The Mithril and Wraith are also still in hyperspace to their intended targets.

OOC: I noticed I have been slightly inconsistant in my stats for the Pride of Lorien, as well as my personal desc. I will be posting a scaled down version of my personal desc, as well as final stats on the Pride of Lorien in the Morian thread.

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: I will be reposting my two posts concering Jedi Master Ikrit ASAP. I have launch and then class right now.

10. Nechayev

Nechayev Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2002
    Alpha Squad Comes out of hyperspace at Vortex.

"Comms, get me the imperial commander here."
    "Yes, Ma'am"
    "Imperials i see that this battle is in hand however where have the vong fled to? I mean to track them down and would appreciate any backup you would send with me. Right now i just need the hyperspace vector."

OOC: Ok with this post a ssume most vong ships have fled or been destroyed, if this is not so make this post un-offical.

Tag: POT or Any other fleet commander there

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    OOC:

SEK- We pretty much destroyed continuity with the deaths of Luke, Vader, Palpy, and many others before Endor. So if Bravo wants Irkit awake, he'll have it. Nothing wrong with having SW characters as minor supporting characters. I.E. Jello and I using Thrawn occasionally.

The Thread will be restarted as soon as Vortex is completely overwith, that is until all forces have retired from the battle. And no, we are not restarting the RP itself, just a new thread with same title.

IC:

Mitth lost his foe in the sea of Yuuzhan Vong and Genisis warriors, ruby red blaster bolts and dark colored swarms of thud bugs. Frustrated he hopped up onto the remnants of a AT-ST and scanned the horizon for Nithrak Tewl and only a glimmer in the corner of his eye did he turn his attention toward several drop ships.

There he saw Nithrak and Yun retreat from the battle. Coward He pulled out his comlink and called on CEIM. "CEIM, where are you?"

"On an approach vector into the canyon, charrics blazing." The Computer Entity Intelligence Module explained. "The others have disembarked in pursuit of several warriors trying to make an escape."

"Stop what you're doing and pick me up, now!" Mitth ordered and waited atop of the AT-ST until he saw his ship approaching, ramp open and mini belly cannon tearing into some stray warriors. By the time Mitth boarded his ship, the drop ships carrying Yun and Nithrak were well on their way back into space.

"Kick in the SLAM." Mitth ordered.

"Is that wise? The SLAM has never been tested in atmospheric flight before." CEIM warned.

"We have to catch those ships and prevent Nithrak from escaping." Mitth countered. "Now activate the SLAM!"

"Yes, sir." CEIM did as he was told and Mitth felt his stomach and other organs lurch to midchest as the ship blasted forward and from the extra gravity of the planet. Mitth compensated the extra Gs with the inertial dampner and listened as his ship shuttered and creaked.

Perhaps we shouldn't have used it after all But his fears were quickly set aside as the stars of space filled his viewscreen and a single rocky ship appeared in view.

"Switch to launchers." He ordered. "and drop two by two sets of concussion missiles at various places on the ship. He heard the payload burst and screech as the missiles fled from the inner sanctum of the launcher. Sunfire orange trails trailed behind the warheads as they sped toward their targets.

OOC: Just so you know, i wont be able to do much damage, I'll most likely end up getting myself killed or badly damaged with this foolishness.

12. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    OOC: I came in at the end of the battle. Most of the Vong Ships were going down...the Grand Cruiser was about to be destroyed, and it's biggest thread was the five ISD's on an intercept course...plus, the 63 warships, in tight formation, with full flank speed of a Hapan Battle Dragon, I don't think that the Vong Ships would have been able to stand up to it...unless the ships are still fighting. All I was doing was mopping up what was already going down.

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you CmdrMitthrawnuruodo. When will the new thread start up?

IC:

The green double blade sliced across the droid's chest, buring its insides. Another make shift Amphistaff came across, but Bravo with the flip of his lightsaber blocked the blow aimed for his back. Then Bravo turned around and faced the droid. The droid unleashed another attaack of blows. The blows went fast and in this order: bottom left, bottom right, top left, and then just a lash across the face. Bravo blocked all the blows with his lightsaber. Then with a flick of his wrist, his lightsaber came up and destroyed the droid.

Ikrit: "End practice."

Bravo turned off his lightsaber and bowed his head.

Bravo: "Yes master."

Ikrit: "Come, come."

Bravo walked over to where the Jedi Master sat, in a old command chair Bravo diged up from a old dreadnaught.

Ikrit: "You are getting better. But remember, the Vong are not part of the force. You cannot sense them like droids."

Bravo: "I did not sense them..."

Ikrit: "You didn't sense them? Don't hide the truth. On that last attack from the last droid, you broke the hold and the force started to flow though you."

Bravo: "I am sorry master. It is hard..."

Ikrit: "Jason you must listen to me, as my master once told me: 'No! Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.' You tryed, but did not do."

Bravo: "I will improve. I will not fail."

Ikrit: "Good. This will be all for today. You can go get rest."

Bravo: "Yes master."

Vice Admiral Bravo left the large room and headed torwards his private chambers.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    new thread will start as soon as all forces retire from Vortex...which will be pretty soon...

Expect a new opening scrawl for the thread as well. It shall briefly review the key points of the previous thread in a nice entertaining way. :) I'm also thinking of changing the title of the thread, but not sure to what.

Should I keep "War of the Galaxies" title or change it? Any suggestions are welcomed.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: I think "War of the Galaxies" is fine.

16. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    War of the Galaxies [v2.0]: Jace Halycron's Revenge :D

Actually, War of the Galaxies [v2.0] sounds good to me.

17. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    OOC: I think "War of the Galaxies" is fine, but you'll have to find some way to distinguish it from this thread. Even if this one's locked, it still looks pathethic to have two WotG's.

General, how come you get to make the threads every time?

And am I the Vehicles/Vessels GM, or what?

IC: Surface of Bothawui, a rundown sector of the capital city. 4 weeks earlier, RP time.
    Director Harasso Winin groaned as he slid the hatch of his downed Xiytiar-class Transport open. His team began to slowly crawl out, while one person stayed behind and began to check electronics. The topside laser turret and the communication systems were all green, but engines and any other sort of propulsion were permanently disabled, meaning they'd have to find some other way off planet.

"A pretty mess you got us in, Director," Private Jones complained. "Did you really think they'd buy that bull**it you told them?"

Any other high-ranking officer would have probably cuffed Jones for that kind of insubordination, but Winin merely shrugged. "If you had any better ideas, you should have said so."

He turned to his men. "Start loading our stuff. They'll be coming for us."

The transport had 3 large Sorosuub T-22 Landspeeders, which were the biggest monsters that the Sullustan company sold. Unlike the V line, which were mainly family/passenger vehicles, they were designed to carry massive amounts of cargo and beings.

As the Rebels finished loading the cargo, Winin suddenly heard a high whine and looked up to see 3 T-16 Skyhoppers heading his way. "Bothan police force. Let's move."

As the speeders sped off, the Skyhopper's vocal systtems boomed. "Unidentified refugees, you are wanted by the Bothan authorities for illegal passage on Bothawui. Stand by for detention."

"Over my dead body," Winin growled as his speeder raced away. He turned to the gunnery soldier Sergeant Williams. "How long before the concussion grenade is up?"

"I should have it fixed in 6 minutes," William replied.

"6 minutes may not be enough."

"I'll stall them," Private Jones confidently declared as he drew his DLT-20C blaster and began to shoot the speeders.

"They're ray-shielded." Winin observed.

"True, but this way I'll stall 'em."

Indeed, the Skyhoppers whirled around before realizing they were taking no damage, but the speeders had gained some ground. Nonetheless, the Skyhoppers were much faster than the T-22's, and the lead hopper began to open fire with its laser cannon. It missed several times but then managed to hit the speeder on one of the repulsorlift coils. The speeder lurched, then began to spin wildly out of control.

Winin swore as he felt his lunch rise slowly up his esophagus, then settle back down. "Is the grenade ready?" He roared.

"Almost!" was the reply.

The lagging speeder, while not permanently damaged, was not attracting the attention of all three Skyhoppers, and one of them was careless enough to slam into a stone archway. An R5 droid fixing the repulsorlifts screamed as rubble and grit rained down.

The 2 remaining Skyhoppers wheeled back around and came in, stun cannons hot and firing. The blue ionization bolts struck to the left and right but never seemed to hit bullseye.

"Grenade ready. Fire!" Sergeant Williams roared as a concussion grenade sped upwards and landed on the Skyhopper's windshield like a dead insect.

A scream was heard shortly before the Skyhopper blew apart in an incandescent explosion, its fiery remains scattering themselves among the nearby buildings.

The remaining Skyhopper was much more careful, and William's grenades sped past and missed.

Winin then pondered. "They could be sending a whole lot of Skyhoppers. Why are they pinning all their hopes of catching us on 3?"

Jones, who had never been smart, merely shrugged.

"Maybe it's this district. It's certainly disreputable," Winin sneered, indicating the run-down slums they were moving through.

Suddenly, the Skyhopper was blown out of the sky. No one was able to

18. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    The Counterpoint came out of hyperspace at Siydox. Budaki was suprised to see the large fleet of ships orbiting the planet.

He looked at Naha, enraged, he would deal with her later.

He spoke on the comm, "To the commander of the fleet, this is Dark Lord Budaki, what is the meaning of this massing around the planet?"

19. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Den came out of hyperspace at Siydox in the SLC. He hailed the commander of the fleet there. "This is Den in SLC Bullpup requesting clearance to deliver the special missile." the Nagai scientist said.

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: The 6th Tactical Combat Fleet will be ready by Tuesday.

IC:

*Sluis Van shipyards*

A older man, in his eearly 60's walked down the hall way, torwards Vice Admiral Bravo, who was standing by the ramp leading up into the Star Destroyer Galliant. This ramp was heavily guarded. 30 Troops stood armed and ready.

Old Man: "Admiral sir you starfighter squadrons are taken care of."

The Old Man gave Bravo a data pad.

Vice Admiral Bravo: "Thankyou."

The Old Man walked away, leaving with a handful of other data pads, which held stats for a dozen more ships, which he had to visit still.

Vice Admiral Bravo walked up the ramp and into the SD Galliant.

*Bravo's private chambers*

Vice Admiral Bravo read the data list of starfighters. It read:

***Starfighter Squadrons for the 6th Tactical Combat Fleet***

Total: 78 Squadrons

35 X-Wing Squadrons

15 Y-Wing Squadrons

5 Y-Wing Squadrons (Double seater)

5 Z-95-AF4 Squadrons

7 A-Wing Squadrons

5 B-Wing Squadrons

3 B-Wing/E2 Squadrons

3 E-Wing Squadrons

Vice Admiral Bravo thought to himself: "Wow. All those fighters. Everything is going great." Before Bravo could think more into the though his memory caught up to him: " You still have to talk wih Mr. Green."

Bravo didn't let that Mr. Green worry him right now. Bravo got up and headed torwards his personal shower room.
    After the nice warn shower, Bravo felt free from all rules just for a few seconds and put on his bedrobe and then went to bed.
    Bravo's bedrobe was different then post. It was a black robe, with Jedi symobles all over. On the left brest of the robe was nothing. But on the right brest of the robe, was written: "Vice Admiral Bravo".
    Bravo climed into bed and turned off the light, and he opened himself up to the force, which would give him a good nights sleep.

21. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    ((Errr...no. You can't have that many fighters on ONE ISD. YOU'VE GOT OVER TWICE AS MANY FIGHTERS AS AN ESSD! You can only have 2 wings of fighters on your ISD. Get real.))

22. Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes

Attack_Of_Da_Gnomes Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2002
    I have to agree.

23. Obi-Gon_Jinnobi

Obi-Gon_Jinnobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    C'mon, Budaki. My Jedi friends and I will whup ya!

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: No, that is for the 6th Tactical Combat Fleet as a whole. The SD Galliant only has 7 starfighter squadrons.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    OOC: Opps! Sorry there. I meant the 6th Tactical Combat Fleet. I'll go edit that right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.