main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies Deux [Restart of the WOTG Saga] - Looking for players, see updated first post!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I denounce MASTERPRENN as supposed leader of the faction. No respect for the Great Yuuzhan Vong race exists within that vile creature. I present unto you damning evidence:

You are no Yuuzhan Vong.

Class: Noble, Soldier
    Name: Faron Anor
    Nickname: The Unhearing
    Species: Yuuzhan Vong
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Spoken Language: Yuuzhan Vong, Basic
    Other Languages: Huttese

Appearance
    ---Height: 2.2 meters
    ---Eye Color: Blue
    ---Hair/Fur Color: Black
    ---Skin Color: Pale grey
    ---Clothing: White iridescent Vonduun Skerr Kyrric
    ---Other: Command Cloak

Personality: Quiet, commanding, paranoid
    Habits: Paints the outcome of impending battles when given the time.
    Dislikes: Shapers and Preists
    Talents: Reads lips when applicable to speaking species. Heightened senses.
    Weakness: Deaf
    Limitations: Deaf
    Racial Attributes: No Force connection, towering pain threshold

Affiliation: Yuuzhan Vong
    ---Branch: Warrior Caste
    ---Station: Blessed of Yun-Yammka
    ---Unit: Second Command
    ---Position: Commander of armies and armadas
    ---Primary Weapons: Tsaisi, Amphistaff

Personal Ship
    ---Name: Blessed of Yun-Yammka
    ---Model: Kor Chokk grand cruiser
    ---Accessories: Nothing special aside from Anor's private quarters.

The Force:
    ---Yes or No?: No
    ---Lightsaber Type: Single blade
    ---Blade Color: Blue
    ---# of Lightsabers: 1 (war trophy, neither worn nor used)

Background: Born deaf and denounced by the Priests, Anor was cleared of becoming a Shamed One by the intervention of the reigning Warmaster. Shunned and persecuted by his peers, he was nonetheless feared and given a measure of respect for his combat prowess and obvious tactical and strategic talents. Under the wing of his Warmaster, Anor rose to the rank of Supreme Commander respected by only a very few.

2. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Yun-Yuuzhan, I take it you will also be in charge of the Peace Brigade?

3. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    commanding and paranoid...hmmm. that will be interesting to see.

4. Denyo

Denyo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I may not be around when the game starts, I'm moving across Canada on the 4th, but I'll try to drop in to a Internet Cafe when I can in the week or so I am traveling.

5. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    Jello will be returning to his GM duties tomorrow and, coincidentally, I will be leaving until the 8th for D.C. Hopefully I'll be back in time for the festivities. See you all then. :)

~ DS5

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And I'm here. Huzzah!

EDIT: [face_laugh]

Technically, we ought to ask Masterprenn if it's okay if you take his spot. I'm in favor of it, due to your history. I also think Masterprenn will agree: no doubt he'd prefer to have an expert take the responsibility.

7. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Okay, this saturday should be the day that everything begins. I hope. I tried to resolve the IK issue. Wait and see what happens. I trust Mitth to play responsibly and not have his character abusing the Force powers he's setup with. I did speak with him on this issue and his arguments were sound. If there's any problem with the ruling contact me, but I do hope that there isn't.

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    OOC: I'm going to have to leave this game, at least untill September. There are two reasons for my descision.

1. I am leaving for a month in August, and I recognize that the leader of a faction will need to be around during that time. Also, my true loyalty didn't lay with the Vong, I simply took it out of nesecity.

2. Though I am not completly happy about how the situation was handled, Jello is correct. I would much rather have someone who really respects and likes the Vong, as well as has the availabilty to do so, command them. I don't necessarily agree that his history will automaticly make him a better fit (Jello and I seem to dissagree on this issue rather often), but I think that he will be better able to handle to duty due to other reasons.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Aaaaaaaaand the game is launched.

Being WOTG, there isn't some complicated initial post. Just feel free to start posting whatever, and a coherent game will form as plots converge together.

Y'see, that's WOTG. The seed of freedom. Happy anniversary everyone, and enjoy the banner that the JC gave us.

10. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    so I guess I go first. Sorry, it got rather long [face_blush]

IC: Shanara Taleel

Nar Shadda

She ran.

It was raining.

She didnt remember how long she?d been running, only that she needed to run.
    As that thought struck her a sarcastic snear crossed her lips. ?I?ve been running all my life?. Rounding a corner she slipped. The footsteps following her came closer. The thumping of the boots getting more menacing.
    She shook her dripping wet red-brown hair out of her face as lightning struck overhead. She stared for a second, her almost invisible scar standing out from her pale face like a sign. She could see a dark figure approaching fast. The footsteps had gotten much closer. Their sound louder. She had to move fast.
    Jumping up she could feel the fatigue in every single bone of her body. She was exhausted. She needed rest, desperately. The footsteps were getting closer. She could almost feel the breath of her followers on her neck. Panic ran through her. It gave her the energy she needed to run. To run for her life.

As she rounded yet another corner she thought she recognised the area. Having lived on Nar Shadda all her life, or at least as far as she could remember, she knew almost every single sidestreet and passageway. Now that she was 23 years old unfortunately she didnt fit through a lot of tight spots that had saved her skin more than once when she was a child. It wasnt the first time she cursed her grown-up human body. The older she got the more she had to run it seemed. Nar Shadda was no place for a kid, but it sure as hell was no place for a young woman on her own either.

By now she could hear the shouting and grunting of the people following her. They were close. Hopelessly close.
    Sweat was running down her face. Not only because she was running, but because she was fearing for her life. Her eyes were darting left and right, looking for an escape. Any escape.
    Finally she saw a familiar garbage chute. It would be a nasty drop, but she would live. And hopefully they wouldnt come after her. Blasterbolts were starting to sizzle past her as she ran towards the garbage chute.
    She jumped....

...and immediately cursed herself.
    Dropping in freefall, bouncing off the walls of the tight chute, she noticed to her horror that it was dry. There was no stench. It seemed like it wasnt used anymore. Given the drop without the garbage to fall on to she would break every single bone in her body. She was falling towards her death.

Above her the shadows that had been following her shouted angrily into the chute and fired blasterbolts after her. Luckily, and quite to her surprise, only one of the bolts hit her - in the left upper arm. She cried out and cheers erupted high above her at the upper end of the chute. Hopefully they thought they had killed her.

Tumbling towards her end tears were welling up in her eyes. ?So this is how it ends, huh?? She tried to think of the few good things that had happened in her life. But no matter how hard she tried to come up with a happy memory ? there was none. Mentally shrugging she thought ?Painful life, painful death ? at least there is symmetry.?

She slammed into the wall as the chute rounded a slight corner and then she was falling. Falling in midair.
    It seemed to go on forever and she wished she was a bird that could fly away. Fly away from this horrible place, her horrible life.

Flying away into freedom.

She hit bottom.

Tag: whomever in Nar Shadda

EDIT: gotcha. thanks ;)

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You don't really need to tag the GMs for anything, as we have two distinct roles. We're players and we're GMs, but we don't do that "GM character" deal. Do whatever you want and interact with whoever you want. This game flows by personal interactions, not by a GM's hand. :)

12. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Infidels to Kill

1)Emperor Iaius Jello - GrandAdmiralJello
    2)Grand General Mitth Nuruodo ? CmdrMitthrawnuruodo
    3)General Randal Duflin - Thok
    4)AnakinDobski
    5)Chief of State Tarelen Wek - Fire_Ice_Death

13. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    OOC: Here we go again...

IC: Pax Dellos
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Space engulfed the small, tramp vessel. When it had been new, a bright white hull had pushed the expanse back, but it was now a dull grey, marked by time. The Dakla V had once been a smuggler ship, but now it served as a courier for some rebel operatives and sensitive cargo. On this run through the Bormea sector, it was a cargo, certainly not an operative.

?Mr. Dellos, we have to leave the sector. It may be friendly? but it?s still the Empire.?

Pax, staring out the window at the small blue and green ball held suspended in space, nodded. ?Take us out of system.?

The supply run had been a fairly routine one. Medical supplies and a few data control devices. They would be routed to rebel causes closer to the Core?of which there were very few at this time. Still, it was the necessary underpinnings for the Alliance. Without the med packs and the datapads and the laserpens, the entire cause would fall apart. What was unnecessary was Pax Dellos? presence. As Chief of Staff for the War Committee, his presence actually put a strain on the run. More security was necessary to evade Imperial inspection. But, Pax insisted on performing discoveries so he knew what the committee he staffed did in the field. There was no better way to do that than to sit jump seat with a tramp pilot working for the Alliance.

And? it was Chandrilla.

?Sir, you?ll be back. You?ll win,? the Lieutenant said, her young voice full of confidence.

?Yes, we will.?

Pax said it. He generally believed it. But, there was so much work to be done. And the peacefulness of Chandrilla showed how insidious Imperial control was. It was like an infection. Chandrilla from space appears just as it once did?but without the House, with democratic government, without freedom of assembly, of movement. And yet, there were some one Chandrilla who craved this Imperial control. Pax could not understand it.

But that is not true either. Pax understood quite well. He just did not want to. At times, he wished that he had the blind faith and confidence of the young woman who piloted the ship. Ready to conquer the universe for freedom's sake. Certain of her cause and its inevitable victory. Pax was certain of the former alone.

?We have confirmation for our departure.?

?Take us to the Rim, Lieutenant. Take us? home,? Pax said, the word foreign in his mouth. Looking out the viewport again, Pax felt orphaned. Home. This was once his home.

Angling toward Brentaal and the Rim, the Dakla V prepared to carry Pax into the future. Full of unknowns. Just like the past.

The more things change?

14. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    IC: Denair Kiyuth
    Imperial I Star Destroyer Inexorable Advance, Coruscant

Denair shifted in his command chair on the bridge of the Inexorable Advance and glared around the room. Everybody else on the bridge seemed absorbed in their work and carefully avoided looking at him. Everybody except Markis. Markis met Denair's glare and stared coolly back at him. Denair scowled at him. His irritation had found a target. He beckoned imperiously to Markis, signaling for him to approach the command chair.

?Why am I here on this pointless, boring assignment?? he snapped when Markis came into hearing range. ?I want to be out there doing something useful, not protecting Coruscant, as if it needed to be protected.? He jabbed his finger in the direction of empty space to emphasize his point.

?Your father doesn't want you to do something that would destroy your career before it gets off the ground. For example, getting your ship destroyed by attacking a superior enemy force.? Markis sounded tired but firm, as if he had explained this a hundred times before and was willing to do it a hundred more if it proved necessary. ?Your father wishes you to have some experience commanding a Star Destroyer before you see fighting.?

Denair knew that this was completely reasonable. He also knew that having Markis, an expert tactician and close friend of his father, on the ship was probably a good idea. But this didn't help his vexation at being handed such an uninteresting assignment or his feeling that he was still under the watchful eye of his father. Neither spoke, and an awkward silence developed. Markis cleared his throat and began. ?If you can beat me in the combat simulator, I'll-? he paused for a moment, hesitating ?I'll tell your father that you are ready for a field posting.?

Denair's spirits lifted and he smiled. He felt much more relaxed now that he had found a way to get out of the assignment. A lot of the tension enveloping the bridge evaporated, and several of the crew breathed a silent sigh of relief. If Denair managed to beat Markis, he would most likely be able to handle the ship in a combat situation. Denair gave the necessary orders to leave the ship in good hands while he was gone and grinned at Markis. ?Lead the way to the simulator.?

Tag: Any

15. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    IC Lott Jansen
    Dantooine - Rebel Base

Lott paced through the corridors of the Dantooine Rebel Base. He had had very little sleep lately. His mind was preoccupied with all the trouble that lie ahead with the Empire. And this new invading force seemed to be stronger than first imagined. His ground troops had done well in the past, but he knew that fighting off two threats could require much more experience.

General Jansen walked into a conference room. 5 of his best commanders were sitting around a table waiting for him. They all stood up and saluted as their General came in.

"As you were."

The commanders sat back down and all were quiet. General Jansen was a very respected man. His ground tactics seemed unmatched and he will fight in every battle he is present at. He believes that a General should lead his troops into battle, not stay behind and bark orders.

"Many of you may be wondering why I called this meeting."

Lott picks up a remote. The lights dim and a blue screen appears at the foot of the table.

"As many of you know, our galaxy has been invaded by a mysterious Alien force. Their origins are unknown and we have found no information on were they could have possibly come from. Also, the Empire's goal to eliminate the Rebellion is stronger than ever. Their in lies the problem, gentlemen. We now face two forces. We know what the Empire is capable of and we are beginning to believe that these aliens could have technologies beyond even our own. We need to recruit more soldiers. How we will do this without giving away our posistion is the problem."

Lott turns off the blue screen and the lights come back on.

"In the mean time, I want training to resume. Begin at the basics and work your way up. This may seem unneccesary, but I promise it is very, very neccesary. We will now face twice the amount of battles as we were. Thank you all for coming."

The commanders all stand up and give the general another salute as he walks out the door. Lott begins to walk towards the communication room. Before he gets there somebody is already waiting for him.

"Soldier, I want you to send a message to Chief Tarelen Wek's ship, requesting a one-on-one conference with him and I. I will be waiting in my office."

General Jansen walks through the communications room towards his office. His door opens up and he walks to his desk and sits down. The tired General throws his feet onto his desk and leans back in his comfortable chair, waiting for a message from his superios, Chief-of-State Tarelen Wek.

Tag:Fire_Ice_Death

16. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Monzae von Kinuta

Bilbousa Spaceport, Nal Hutta

Monzae strode into the spaceport, utterly disgusted with the sentient species he found around him. Rodians, Hutts, Houks, and Nikto. Worse yet were the few Klatoonians that roamed about after-hours. They seemed desperate, yet stupid enough to come upon the opposite end of a blaster carbine.

It had been a long day, and even longer still was the night to come. Monzae had just scoured most of the inhabited sectors of Nal Hutta, and was about to make his way to Nar Shaddaa to search for any who would join his cause to reunite the Mandalorian clans under one banner. His crusade, as noble as it was, was tried by one all too long ago and it succeeded up until a time before Monzae was born.

He was aged, physically and mentally, both by war and peace. In times of war, he felt like a young man serving alongside regiments of soldiers, taking pride in every kill as if it were a badge of merit. In times of peace, he found himself hampered by injuries gone by, such as wounds close to his heart and scars along his legs.

Monzae deserved better, and he thought the same of his people.

The Mandalorians were much like gypsies, traveling about the galaxy in search of work, no matter how dishonorable it may be, and yet they were like mongrels, bred in with other humans and diluting the true Mandalorian heritage known to their people. Even few alien species found themselves worthy of Mandalorian marks.

It didn't matter. Not now. Few true full-blooded Mandalorians existed now, and since then, Monzae felt it best to ally himself with any human or sentient worthy of calling themselves Mando'ade. After all, he would be the new Mandalore.

The spaceport was relatively empty, aside from the rare rodian peddling stolen goods in the streets outside the spaceport itself. It would be more honorable to put the bug-faced aliens out of their mercy with a well-placed blaster bolt, but crime and killing in cold blood was abhorent to the Mandalorian Code.

The entrance ramp to his ship, the Heart of Mandalore was extended to show the relatively bare interior of the ship itself. If it weren't for the intimidating armor that Monzae wore religiously, smugglers and pirates would have stolen it long ago.

Truth be told, Monzae's armor, while Mandalorian in appearance, was merely a representation of its true manufacturer. A heavily modified Corellian Powersuit, molded and crafted to resemble the armor of his ancestors and his people, served as the new shell of Mandalore, and he would wear it as proudly as he would if he had Mandalorian armor to call his own. As far as he was concerned, the modifications he made had made it as Mandalorian as his own blood.

The cockpit empty, Monzae strode in and took a seat on the black bantha-leather interior and started up the main engines. The Mandalorian vessel lifted meters off the ground before the landing gear shrank inside the metal plating of the ship. And soon thereafter, Monzae had taken off towards Nar Shaddaa with the hope of finding sentients worthy of his favor.

17. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    Hassashyn

Nar Shaddaa

(thinking)Walking alone in the wrong neighborhoods in Nar
    Shaddaa
    can be very dangerous, even if you are a 7 foot tall monster. That is why
    Hassa makes his presence known. A Golan Arms HH-15 projectile launcher
    in clear site makes sure I have plenty of space while I achieve my goal.

Goal:
    • Find Yudu the Hutt

• Kill Yudu the Hutt

Nice and simple, the only way it needs to be. Now for the first par-what in the great
    land of Byss is that loud noise interrupting my though!

Smack!

Oh, just some woman falling down the chute. I thought I was going to
    have to kill somebody...she's just laying there. I wonder if I should help her out. Is she hurt? Humans, what wimps; that fall couldn't have been 80 feet. I begin walking towards her.
    Wait. A tiny man is now being suspended by a rope, down the same tunnel. He yells up the tunnel, he say that she's still breathing. He points his blaster at her. He presses his finger to shoot, only to realize to soon that he no longer has a hand. My second shot makes him realize he won't live long without a head. I take my HH-15 and point it up the tunnel, seconds later I hear screams and a bang. Debris floats down the tunnel and I pull the girl out of the way before anything dangerous falls on her. I shake her body gently.

"Girl. Can you hear me?"

tag: TheEmperorsProtege

18. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Duece Darrick
    Nar Shaddaa

Spice Rum. Sounds like an innocent beverage served in the Cantina, but its not. Its been outlawed for more than 8,000 years. Yet backwater worlds continue to deal in it.

Nar Shaddaa is where these deals begin. Torgan the Hutt has made it a point to illegally import and export Spice from Kessel. Secretly sending mining teams to Kessel and taking shipments to hidden Cargocrafts then shipping it to where ever they make the rum.

Back when Spice Rum first came into existence, it was made by a company known as Kessel's One Year. At first Spice was used in many things, as part of public health care and in beverages such as KOY's Spice Rum. But as the Republic learned more about Spice's long term affects, they named it a narcotic and placed strict regulations on it. Which only grew stricter as the years passed.

Now it was nearly impossible for Torgan to broker any deals invovling Spice Rum. The Regulations invovled with Spice meant passing through security checkpoints and having security clearance along with references and spotless credentials. And that was just to get on Kessel, nevermind getting anywhere near the mines. Torgan though, has made some friends high up in the Galaxy it seems. He's able to still steal Spice from Kessel and get through all of the wonderful security checkpoints with flawless exertion of effort.

Duece sat looking into his glass of Chadrilan Ale. He had been contacted anonimously by a man who was known only as H. The job was to make sure Torgan was dead before the next shipment of Spice Rum was made and shipped out. Seems H works for someone pretty high up in the Galaxy too, and they don't like Torgan and his peddling Spice Rum.

Torgan wasn't stupid though. Only the best, or the worst make it into his presence. His security is top notch. Thankfully, Duece is a native of the wondeful Nar Shadaa and his work is well known by the crime bosses on his native world.

He now waited for the signal. The signal that would let him know it was time to move in on the target. Torgan had met with him once, but H had specifically said wait until you are given the proper order. Execution of the operation before that order will end the job in failure.

And at a nice 10,000 credits, that made H the boss.

19. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004

Nar Shaddaa

She was running. She was always running. Looking behind her all she could see were dark shadows, and they frightened her. She ran even faster. But no matter how fast she was running the shadows were always behind her, not losing nor gaining....

Pain was searing through her head like a never ending lightning strike. Her body shook slightly and she wondered why that was. More pain was cursing through her body.

"Girl. Can you hear me?"

?ooohhhhhhh....? she tried gathering her senses. She felt dizzy. ?what.....?
    She opened her eyes and terror flooded her. Staring directly back at her was a monster.
    She shrieked and crawled back as far as she could. With incredible speed she drew her blaster and aimed it at the creature?s one eye. Every single nerve in her body was on fire, every single bone ached. She must have broken something, she was sure. Trying to shake the dizzyness only made her head feel more painful. Touching her left cheek she felt something wet. She was in bad shape. And there was an armed monster staring at her, probably out for a kill.
    Touching her scar on her left temple cleared her mind somewhat. She recognised the monster as an Abyssian. Not that common even on Nar Shaddaa. Just as she wanted to shoot him it occured to her that he couldnt be one of her followers, out for her blood or head or whatever else he fancied. This big creature could have never fitted through that chute.
    She stared at all the debris below the chuteopening and saw the remains of a rodian, a big hole in his chest. Staring back at the Abyssian she lowered her blaster, but kept it ready. Still rubbing her scar while eyeing the Abyssian she said ?Who are you and what are you doing here??

Tag: Darth-Zame43, NarShaddaa

20. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    Hassashyn

Nar Shaddaa

?ooohhhhhhh....what.....?

(thinking)Okay...she's awake. She's looking at me aaannnnnndddddd she's pointing a blaster at me. It's to be expected. She's in pain, and bleeding. I could probably break her arm before she pulls the trigger...she seems to weak to be able to do much of anything. No, I need to stop killing people. YOU need to stop killing people, you are an ASSASSIN, kill her before SHE SHOOTS YOU. NO, I need somebody local to get me in close to the Hutt! Your funeral.

Shut up.

Okay, okay, she's looking around. That's right, regain your senses, looked at the dead man that was going to kill you. I'm on your side. Good, stop pointing the blaster at me.

?Who are you and what are you doing here??

I am a friend. I need you to tell me how I may reach Yudu the Hutt. In exchange I will give you medical assistance. Reply.

tag: TheEmperorsProtege, anybody else on Nar Shaddaa

21. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004

Nar Shaddaa

The Abyssian was eyeing her. Shanara wasn?t sure whether she could stay conscious much longer. Her head started to hurt more and more and she had to focus to not faint on the spot.

I am a friend. I need you to tell me how I may reach Yudu the Hutt. In exchange I will give you medical assistance. Reply.

Shanara did a doubletake after she heard what he had said. Yudu the Hutt.... of all the people on Nar Shaddaa this guy wanted her help to get to Yudu the Hutt!
    She lowered her blaster slightly and shook her head while smiling sarcastically. ?Of course.......? she said laughing to herself ?.... it had to be HIM...? Shaking her head just made her pain worse. She touched her left temple again, wincing in pain.
    It?s not like Yudu the Hutt hadnt hired the thugs that were just after her, trying to kill her or worse. Its not like she was stupid enough to try and steal one of Yudu?s ships to finally get off this rock. Its not that Yudu the Hutt hadnt put a bounty on her head after killing the only creature she could ever even remotely call a friend.
    And now this creature before her wanted her to bring him to Yudu the Hutt. Wants her to walk into the dragons lair. Walk towards certain death.
    But she didnt have a choice. She was in very bad shape and needed medical attention. Discreet medical attention, otherwise those thugs would be on her in a heartbeat again.
    Lowering her blaster and trying to stand up she said ?Deal, I?ll get you as close to Yudu as I can. But you have to help me first. Of the record medical treatment. Nothing that?s traceable!? She emphasised the last bit and she stood up on wobbly legs and holstered her blaster.

Tag: Darth-Zame43, Nar Shadda

22. slumvillage

slumvillage Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2005
  23. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Duece Darrick
    Nar Shaddaa, Cantina Del Marks

Duece could be patient when it was called for, but as of that very moment he had spent two hours sitting near the back of a Cantina whose drnks were raw and outdated, and wose occupants, who hadnt rose above seven, smelled as if they lived in the booth they were occupying.

He stood and headed towards the bar, paying the barman for the several drinks he'd had durng his wait. As he neared the door he grabbed a travelers coat. It was obvious it had been there for sometime judging by the nice coating of dust that had settled on it. He shook the dust off and put it on, covering all the equipment he had on. The bag he had used to carry the equipment into the Cantina was left in the public refresher. The bag had two canisters of gas in them. One was non-toxic, the other one was. Evidence that Duece had been there was to be erased. By morning, none of the Catinas occupants would be alive to tell the story of the weapon ladened man who had been there the previous night.

He walked down the street, puling a cigar out of one of the pouches at his belt, lighting it as he walked. The aroma of its Bacco leaves was intoxicating. Duece enjoyed a good cigar now and again for the sake that he needed a release for stress.

His meeting with H had been an obvious failure. Something wasn't right about this. H had made sure every previous meeting was kept, always sending one of his associates to give Duece the info and to make sure all was going according to plan.

Perhaps he'd skipped out on Duece, or a more urgent and pressing matter was at hand. Whichever the case he knew where to go to findout.

He headed towards the Spaceport for that sector of Nar Shaddaa. The Dockmaster was an old friend. He'd know if someone had left in a hurry recently.

TAG: Anyone....to be continued.

24. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    OOC: Points to the one who can correctly identify the one real-world quotation in this passage and to whom is belongs.

IC: Pax Dellos
    Sitting at the battered sabbacc table, perusing the notes he had taken during the cargo run, Pax felt utterly alone. Lieutenant Karole was piloting the Dakla V and her astromech colleague R4-CD34 was hibernating a little too close to the mainframe computer. Karole thought it was cute that R4 had a crush on the bulky device?Pax thought it only strange and preferred allowing his thoughts to wander to his report.

?serious lack of medical supplies to Alliance causes closer to the Core due to embargoes? improper recruitment techniques in use on Brentaal?dangerous likelihood of exposure? two tramp frigates caught on a run to old Alderaan space?

It was depressing and should scare the committee members into further action. Most of Pax?s job now was advising the committee on just how afraid of the dire situations the Alliance military was in they should be. Do not be afraid of the probe droids on Calrtas V. Worry a bit about the ISD sighted near the Senex-Juvex sectors while a cargo transfer was occurring. Deeply fear the TIE fighters detected at the border of Mon Calamari space and destroyed by a squadron of Y-Wings. Why worry? they ask. How do short-range fighters get to the Outer Rim? Pax replies. In a few short years, Pax had to move from a purely administrative and political figure, into someone who deeply understood the war and its underpinnings.

So, Pax traveled extensively. To the Mid Rim, to the Core, to Tatooine and to Naboo and even to Chandrilla. He saw first hand the disastrous battle of Carond where twenty refurbished V-Wing fighters (remnants of the Clone Wars bought for a pittance by the Alliance) had fallen to advanced TIE/lns in a fire fight over a mining complex?over which the Empire now rightly claimed jurisdiction. Pax saw the true heroes of the Alliance, rogue pilots, bringing bulky freighters into systems full of Imperial aggression just to re-supply a lost cause.

?A lost cause?? Pax thought to himself. No, it was certainly not lost. Freedom could never be lost to the sway of dictatorial power. It could only be overshadowed. Yet, shadow can seem like a great power when it covers so much. And a galaxy under the iron fist of the Empire seemed like an awfully large place.

?Head down; power through,? Pax thought. Alone. Totally alone in the universe. Pax had been taught from his youth that he must fight for his own freedom and secure it for others. Years of work had brought him to the lowest levels of society, trapped in a war of others? making that had no end in sight. Harassed at every turn by Imperial agents and bounty hunters in the Empire?s service. Reports of an alien threat deep in the Outer Rim. Someone once said: ?You can?t conceive, nor can I, the appalling strangeness of the mercy of God.? If this was not the most appalling strangeness of a life of service, Pax did not know what else could be.

The rhythmic hum of the engines lulled Pax slightly, his eyelids becoming heavy as the pages of his report scrolled before him. Sleep had been fleeting on this voyage?not the most dangerous of Pax?s career, but certainly not a milk run. Being within a few hundred lightyears of Coruscant was foolhardy. Stupid even. But few members of the Alliance at Pax?s level had done something so foolhardy and because of it they did not know how their soldiers risked their lives. How the pilots of cheap, decrepit, tramp freighters put their lives on the line every moment of their cargo runs to gain a few credits and some recognition. Senators and Generals did not understand the plight of the common man. And the common man did not understand the plight of the rebellion. It was a problem of communications. ?Cause? and ?Means? were presently divorced from each other in most of the Alliance. Only when the common footsoldier, everyday freight pilot came to understand the motiva

25. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Deep space: Aboard the Irradiant Voyage
    Tarelen Wek

Low thrums from the engines pulsed all around every room within the ship and the closer one got to the engines the more noticeable it became. In Tarelen Wek?s room it felt as if the room would rumble itself to pieces. Of course this was only when they were in motion and at the moment he needed this break from the galaxy-at-large to focus himself. He wore simple black robes as he always did before night as this made him a harder target for assassins in the dark. Of course if they blow this ship up I won?t need to be disguised so well he thought to himself darkly.

The comm chimed its usual noise indicating that his captain wished to speak with him, ?Sir, a message from our Dantooine base requests a personal visit. Shall we set a new course?? He asked nonchalantly.

Pondering it and the ramifications of making a public appearance just yet, Tarelen furrowed his brow momentarily and came to a decision, ?Set a course for Dantooine, but we jump out away from the gravity well in case there are any surprises.?

?Yes sir.? Immediately Terelen?s room shuddered violently but only for a moment as the stars outside stretched into lines of blue tinted light. Whatever happened from here he would have to be concerned with considering the risk.

Tag: ScaPaCamem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.