main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends War of the Galaxies - Todesfuge (AU, OC, Yuuzhan Vong & Galactic Empire) Tweaked 4/22/2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amphistaff-Chuck, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    This is one of the best stories I have ever read of late. Especially one with my character in it. Excellent job. :D

2. Amphistaff-Chuck

Amphistaff-Chuck Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2003
    I'll hopefully post the next chapter by Saturday.

3. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Didn't hit that deadline did you?

4. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Chapter 3
    The Slightest of Intrusions
    (Five Years After the Battle of Yavin)

Field Marshal Mitth stared intently at the clasped hands before him. They beat steadily, nervously, against the great bureau before the Chiss. Emperor Jello sat on the opposite side. At the end of the chamber stood the Imperial throne. Two red-clad Royal Guardsmen stayed a silent watch upon the seat. Banners bearing the Imperial seal hung from the staggeringly high ceiling; all were of different colors and designs. Ancient artifacts from cultures spread throughout the galaxy littered the chamber in fabulous displays. It was dazzling.

?Jello, this room makes no sense,? said Mitth as he gazed about.

?What do you mean??

?Well, for one, this is a throne room. From that fact I feel the need to ask the question of why in any hell you have a desk in here? Hmm? Why??

?It?s not visible the majority of the time,? defended Jello as he too looked around. ?It retracts into the floor. I merely use it on occasion; only when I have someone to sit with.?

?Honored.?

?Don?t lie.?

?I?ll remember that.?

?Let?s hope.?

Silence set in for several moments. Mitth then continued his critique.

?Then the museum portion really doesn?t seem appropriate. Do you truly want reminders of failed civilizations??

?We?re here for another purpose. Give me décor advice on some other date, won?t you, Mitth??

?Can?t wait.?

?Good. Now to this little matter of the Yuuzhan Vong.?

?I?m not fond of them,? broke in the Chiss.

Fascinating. I had the impression you rather enjoyed their sudden and destructive presence in our galaxy. Foolish me.?

?Well, I suppose they aren?t all bad. One did scar Kane after all,? trailed Mitth.

?Scarred you as well if memory and my eyes serve me well.?

?True, but his is more obvious.?

?Ah.?

Mitth stood and stepped to the side of his chair.

?That was a nice conversa??

?As I was saying,? broke in Jello, ?the Yuuzhan Vong are driving in towards the Core at what a few would refer to as an ?alarming rate.? Frankly, they?re all idiots and enjoy understanding everything. The point is these aliens are razing every force they encounter.?

?Glazed.?

?What??

?It rhymes with ?razed.??

?Indeed.?

?I?m hungry.?

?Kitchens are to your left when you leave. Oh, and down five levels. But for defense I need you to organize ground defenses for Coruscant and basically any important planet that?s in the Yuuzhan Vong?s path of conquest. They?ve only landed on two planets that we?re aware of, so there is truthfully no useful information on how they might engage your forces. You?ll probably be forced to improvise once battle commences.?

?I already knew that.?

?Just checking.?

?Can I go??

?Indeed. You are dismissed.?

?Then I?ll leave.?

?Excellent.?

?Victory is mine!? triumphed Commander Yomin Domain Carr. The young senior officer had sealed his victory over his superior. He rose from his seat and bowed to his leader. The commander soon found himself sprawled across the ground with a bleeding lip and a broken jaw.

?Ass,? remarked a fellow officer.

?This means we need to dedicate more forces than hoped, Supreme Commander,? spoke another. ?A small strike force cannot defeat an entire armada as we had hoped. The occupation of captured planets must be further delayed until we have smashed the infidels? morale.?

Nithrak Domain Tewl thought over the prospect. Within five days his forces had raced from the edge of the galaxy to within striking distance of major centers of commerce and learning. Within another ten days the infidel capital would fall and the remaining opposition would be crushed easily enough.

?I best be made warmaster for this,? Nithrak said softly. ?Very well, the neutralization of infidel ground forces will be delayed. However, the moment we have secured the infidel capital I want our divisions deployed and slaughtering infidel soldiers once again.? The Sup

5. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Excuse any language, I've yet to finish editing. I only posted it tonight so that Jello could read it before he leaves for Europe.

On another note, I'll be leaving for England July 16th, and I will not return until mid-August. If I'm lucky, I'll get one more chapter posted before I leave.

If I'm lucky.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I like it. The first part cracks me up, and the second part is very intriguing. The final segment, with the battle of Corellia, is the best part. You pulled it off well.

Oh, and as a minor note, this line: "You?re grammar is perfect, I admit..." shound be corrected to: "Your grammar is perfect, I admit..."

:D :p

7. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Yes... well....

Damn you!

8. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    That was great. Have fun in my homeland :)

9. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Excellent.

Fhuver Vil seems like a sharp character. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that in an alternate reality he took on Emperor Jello and won! [/obligatory dig at Jello losing to a sock. ;)]

Good to see some decent battle scenes cutting in after the initial political intrigue. This fanfic is shaping up to being a true epic: it has it all.

10. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Bravo chuck. You've done it again. I dont know what is going on in your mind when you write these posts, but its got to be pure genuis!

11. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    I agree with the above sentiments...

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    It just keeps on getting better and better with each new post. I really enjoyed this post alot and consider it my favorite.

And no its not because Mitth is in it alot! Really funny, suspenseful, and the battlescenes were awesome. I especially liked the last line. You have truely captured Mitth's personality and the rivalry between him and Jello perfectly.

I just wish you hadn't left us hanging like this until August! :mad:

13. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Back from holiday. Time to start writing again.

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Welcome back. Hope you liked my country.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    welcome back hope to see a new post soon.

16. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Very good. I do recall afew incidents of childishness with Mitthy (During my short time as Mitthy's unofficial Stormtrooper bodyguard). Keep up the excellent posts!

17. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Great job portraying, well, me. :D

Please, post more! And I must know, who was the YV at the end of the first post?

18. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    *Bows to the mighty Lord Nithrak Tewl*

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Nithrak!

faints

20. nithrak_tewl

May 23, 2001
    Yes, here I am. Long time no see Mitth - my archest of arch enemies :D

I grow impatient for more of this tale of the glorious victory of the Yuuzhan Vong over the infidel scourge.

Write on, I command ye.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Mitth's dead, Nithrak. The infidel Thrawn killed him! :_| So that means if there is a final battle between us it'll be against Mitth's clone who is loyal to Jello undoubtably! All that work to convert Mitth gone in one big explosion and betrayal! :_|

Curse that infidel Emperor and his blue freak! :mad:

22. nithrak_tewl

May 23, 2001
    Curse the Emporor!

Post now, infidel, or I will finish your story!!!

Teaser of Nithrak's ending:

The Yuuzhan Vong win - the end.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *chuckles*

You deserved to die when you just sat in the quarters like that. You shouldn't have expected me to let you go again. :p

That's okay: the clone Mitth can duel Nithrak, or hell... I can. (provided I get some sort of sword-type thing).

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    What the hell am I suppose to do when you throw tons of thermal detonators, rigged the quarters to blow up, and fired a kazillion blaster bolts into the room?

Btw, Nithrak, Mitth is haunting Grand Admiral Thrawn for all of this. Speaking of which, Jello, I believe Thrawn and Niriz have a rumor spreading around on the ship that they are gay. A rumor started by Mitthy's Ghost! 8-}

25. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Hey look, over there, somewhere else for you all to chat. Now get moving.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.