main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends War of the Galaxies - Todesfuge (AU, OC, Yuuzhan Vong & Galactic Empire) Tweaked 4/22/2004

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amphistaff-Chuck, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Kicking the readers out? [face_shocked]

rereads story

You can't kick me out now, I'm reading and chatting! 8-}

swallows

Okay, I'm leaving I'm leaving!

Runs to the Lounge

Oh and I want more story! Nithrak is not the only one who is becoming impatient here. ;)

2. Amphistaff-Chuck

Amphistaff-Chuck Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2003
    Don't expect an update for a few weeks. I have absolutely no free time to write.

3. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    *Assembles thousands of Yuuzhan Vong who begin chanting:

POST! POST! POST! POST!

POST! PLEASE!

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I want more too!

*assembles thousands of jelly donuts who begin chanting*

5. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Go promote the story while you're waiting.

Spread the joy, and despair and everything else involved.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have. The people I send just don't seem to like reviewing it.

7. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
  8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I know Ktala, whom I showed this story too, read and enjoyed your story. I shall threaten to use the Embracer on her if she does not leave a review in the next week.

9. Theron

Theron Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2000
    A great story, if Mitth did not have the link to this story in his sig I would have missed out on a great story. Great job. I want more.

I am happy that I was involved with the RP although in a sense my character is minor compared to the others.

10. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Here's the first half of Chapter 4, enjoy.

[b]Chapter 4
    [i]Come and See[/i][/b]

Leonia Tavira held a small boy in her arms, wrapped in beautiful linens from the far reaches of the galaxy. A second young boy with rusty hair ran around her feet and sought out the company of his pet woolamander. He climbed over the chairs and couches throughout the room and crawled under the tables. The boy?s breathing grew heavier as he narrowed down the spots where his pet might be. The human found his companion resting in peace atop a shelf of datacards, away from the constant whirlwind thrust upon him by his assigned friend. The boy stared at the colorful primate for some time, his vibrant green eyes taking in the blue, yellow, red and other spectacular shades.

?Sturm, you leave poor Thoth alone,? warned Leonia. ?You know very well he never gets to sleep when in the same room as you. Leave him be.?

The boy thrust out his lip and lazily turned to his babysitter. ?Yes, ma?m. I?ll leave Thoth alone,? Sturm submitted. He hopped back to Leonia just in time to see his mother walk in the room with a tired smile on her face. Her green eyes matched those of her son and her gold-red hair resembled his rusty locks. Mara Jade bent over to hug her son and planted a kiss on his cheek before she greeted Leonia and her own child.

?How is Jai?? she asked. ?He looks bigger than he was last week. He must be an incredibly healthy baby,? Mara remarked with a sigh. ?I hope you have an easier first few years than I. Sturm is just too much energy for one person to watch over.?

Leonia smiled as she looked down at her baby boy and fixed the hair that had fallen in front of her face. Jai?s cold eyes were the mark of his Falleen heritage, supplied by his father Kane Lavos?s side of the family. ?Jai is doing quite well. Two months next week,? Leonia gushed. ?I think I picked a bad time to have a child.?

?You couldn?t know that some race from outside our galaxy would invade and push the Empire back to the Colonies,? comforted Mara. ?It?s sounds like the plot to a bad holofilm. Besides, outside of the one incident, Coruscant has proven to be completely safe.? She hesitated a moment and with a slight wave of her hand added that Director Lavos might have a slight role in the capital?s protection.

?Please, don?t be so harsh towards Kane,? pleaded Leonia. ?He only does what he feels is right. He?s done no harm to Sturm. Quite the opposite I should say. Kane has even paid for his education.?

?I know, I know,? admitted the other young woman. ?But he murdered my future nearly four years ago, and I couldn?t forgive anyone for that.? Mara wiped her face and glanced around the living room of the Lavos flat. Two couches and several easy chairs surrounded a glass table in the center of the chamber. Several books sat neatly atop the plateau; a rare site in any modern home. ?Here, Thoth!? she ordered to the woolamander sitting on the top of a case of datacards. Her pet loyally responded by leaping from his perch and wandering across the room to his master. The change of pace ended the talk of Kane Lavos.

?Sturm?s fourth birthday is next month isn?t it?? asked Leonia.

Mara nodded wearily and glanced at her son. The boy was sitting upside down on a seat in the hallway leading to the entry door. He had found a datapad on the table by the chair and was desperately attempting to read the words presented to him. ?Yeah, I suppose you and I will have to keep that day open. Hopefully the Glorious One won?t find something for me to attend to until afterwards, but I have my doubts.?

?Jello has you on too many assignments,? agreed Lady Tavira. ?Not considerate in the least. Maybe you should resign from being an Emperor?s Hand,? Leonia put forth. ?Are you allowed to do so??

Mara scoffed at the suggestion and gathered her son?s pet in her left arm. With a great breath of relief she strode to a black felt couch flanking the door to the outside world. The light blue of the walls contras

11. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, I just found this story a little while ago (thanks to Mitth's sig ;)) and it is very interesting. Keep writing! :D

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thats three readers now! ;)

Makes another hash mark

Anyway...

As usual, Yun spins yet another excellent post. I think I learned more about the Genesii Project in this story then i did in the game! Very informative and descriptive on the scenes. I look forward to the rest of Chapter 4 and whatever else Kane Lavos has cooked up!

Lavos is a fishy one, beware of him!

13. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    What's with the name mix-up, Mitthy?

Hem hem...

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    You're fishy too. 8-}

15. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Whew....

I almost thought that "Thoth" was being used to make fun of me. :p

Precautions have been taken on all fronts to ensure that the Genesii will remain obedient to the Empire. Each is taught to love the Empire, trained to follow it unto its bitter end. They will be loyal till death.

Oh....that so needs to go down in the record books!

Well, i must say, Kane is soo acurately portrayed in my mind that it could not be done any better than by himself. But, he doesn't drink nearly enough "milk" and/or "scotch". But, his total ideas of diabolical plans sure bring back good memories.

"Excellent, things are going accordingly to my ever changing and new variabled master plan."

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It features a nice fleshing out of the Genesis project. Very well done.

Good work, Chuck.

17. nithrak_tewl

nithrak_tewl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Nice post, glad to see that this is still around.

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    This is a cool story. :) Very enjoyable to read!

19. GrizzleMcThornBody

GrizzleMcThornBody Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
    Well-written given the circumstances. Gradually becoming closer and closer to mastering the art of writing in selective third person point of view, very nice. Choice of words is very appropriate, not too childish, yet realistic as circumstances change. Very adept at emphasizing details, having miniature plots, continuing the suspense, etc. Above all I was a huge fan of the various shananigans described between Zaarin, Mitth, and the like. All in all, very entertaining, and, given the author is an amateur, quite well-written. Looking forward to the next installment of this work, as has only become better and better. Good show, old man.

20. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Just a heads up, I plan on replacing the prologue with a shorter scene and taking the current prologue and intergrating it into the rest of the story chronologically. Hopefully I can get that arranged by next weekend.

21. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    II

Three Imperial scout troopers ran for their hovering speederbikes as hundreds of helpless refugees scrambled to catch up. The ragged peoples of over a dozen races from numerous planets pleaded with the Imperials for aid in any form. ?At least leave us a rifle so we can do it ourselves.? Their cries fell upon deaf ears as the scouts fled the primitive village with great haste and sped across a sprawling plain.

Refugees rushed to their makeshift homes in despair. The Empire had forced them to provide shelter for themselves. Their best was a series of wooden structures otherwise found only on the most primitive of backwater planets. The mess of a community rested over the ruins of the edge of a great forest. The tangle of trees bordering the plains had been destroyed and turned into the shelters of the desolate survivors of war. The largest building barely held the entirety of the village but it provided the most satisfactory perch for any whose curiosity might have overcome their fear. Few felt the urge to witness the advance of the enemy; most returned to their cottages and attempted to return to normal life.

Three heavily armed speeders carried a motley mixture of humans, aliens, and Yuuzhan Vong through the tangle of looming deciduous trees. The onset of autumn had changed the leaves to vibrant shades of yellow, orange, and red. They broke from their branches, filled the air and covered the forest floor. The Yuuzhan Vong riding in the speeders fidgeted in discomfort and stared longingly back at the following legions of their fellows, most perched upon their own living craft. Chazrach and natives of the galaxy rode in captured and pirated speeders and Yuuzhan Vong officers rode upon their massive rancor steeds. An officer called forward for the scouting teams to cease their progress. A sprinkling of orders was shouted up and down the lines of warriors and Chazrach dismounted from six of the infidel craft and traded places with larger Yuuzhan Vong. The six selected craft broke formation and advanced to the front line to sit along with the three scouting units; all the craft had room for numerous additional passengers. A last sentence of orders was barked and the nine speeders shot towards the edge of the forest with several rancors in pursuit as the advancing legions journeyed deeper into the trees.

The speeders and rancors traveled onward until they came upon their destination of a primitive infidel refugee camp. It sat upon the remains of the forest?s edge and one path ran through the length of the settlement. Only a dozen or so structures stood and no more than three hundred residents could live in the town. Two speeders were left with a rancor and its rider at the outskirts of the village as the remainder of the convoy sped forward. The twenty soldiers in the speeders leapt out upon the orders of their superior and rushed into the waiting houses on either side of the path. The procedure could be seen time and again along the continuing stretch of dirt road. The residents of the camp began to file out of their homes as the invading warriors pushed them from their tables and forced them from their seats. Human and alien soldiers would emerge bearing food and jewelry; they would attempt to order the refugees about between bites of bread and fruit. Yuuzhan Vong stepped into the outside with children of any species held in their arms and sitting upon their shoulders. The warriors would bounce up and down and make nonsensical babble for the amusement of the young. Others would walk from villager to villager; they chattered at them with great grins and patted some on the back. "Now you will come and learn the truth of our gods!" Utterly bewildered townspeople would return a weak smile and nod dumbly as they failed to understand the foreign speech of the Yuuzhan Vong.

A human with a holocamera ran about the hamlet and documented the activities of the residents and captors. The woman followed the scattered groups as they were herded towards the center of

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Glad to see this story's still around.

23. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Just beautiful Chuck. You have Kane Lavos pegged better then I could of dreamt possible.

You write well enough to leave me completely in awe. Few writers can do that, professionally or otherwise.

Keep it up my friend. :)

24. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Intense. Can't wait for more! :D

25. Amphistaff-Chuck

May 9, 2003
    Right now I'm going back and editing and revising. I should be able to start Chapter 5 within the week however, though I might decide to write a chapter to be placed between two of the posted chapters, so.... I'll let you know when I decide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.