main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies VII: The Final Gambit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Eighth_Cortex

The_Eighth_Cortex Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2001
    Fhuver Vil, in command of the Slayer's mighty forces.

He allowed time, and creeping slowly sat on the edge of the dais, his feet poised on spikes that nestled into his flesh with the unthinking hunger that typified their species. Their chewing of his flesh was so exquisite.

Pain. Fresh, roar. Bringing clarity to his mind, helping him find the guidance he so desperately sought.

Would his plan work?

In his mind's eye, he stood. From the ethereal sky of burning Ansion He came, down on a bed of yorik coral ablaze with the heat of Yun Yammka's breath and the blue lightning of Yun Quixt's inventive power.

Stanindg at the horrid, yawning mouth of the cleansed infidel landscape, came the God-Emperor, his face promising nothing but destruction. To bottomless perdition, down; with hideous ruin and combustion, eyes screaming the horror of a million deaths and shining with an internal aura of blue azure flame that swept out the encompass the all.

"Master, Dread Master...our great furnace is burning the infidels off of time's coil, where Yun Yuuzhan dwelt his spirit's breath forevermore. From these flames no light, but purity may shine, dancing stories of our exploits to the children of your glory forevermore."

The God did not reply. His eyes showed no thanks, no pity, no respect. His gaping maw was filled with pestillence and death that seethed out to spill and engulf the ground, tainting all with it's insidious advance.

HIs eyes served only to discover the sights of woe, regions of sorrow, doleful shades, where peace and rest can never dwell, where pain reigned over all and the all was of pain.

The God turned to the stars and parted the clouds of fiery oblivion, floating to the fleet in distant realms, and sat himself among the infidel ships guided by martyred warriors, full of the sacrifice to come.

"He will come, as you thought." rumbled the voice, a sound from a God, that both came from the God-Emperor of his vision, and from everywhere. He WAS everywhere, for this was the God's gift of oracle; his providence the priests had foretold since crechehood, his chosen status as the warrior that in death would serve those who had blessed him with such pain and the release from life's torturous imperfections.

Fhuver was elated, although of no body he felt the need to heave his chest and snarl in triumph. The Infidel Grand Admiral had been entrapped!

"So he will come? He is heading to Ansion? Yes? To Ansion he ventures?"

The God-Emperor sneered, a cackling display of pure malice and eternal hatred.
    "The seat of desolation, void of light, save what the glimmering of these livid flames of our cleansing may give, lies in your future Fhuver Vil. Find it or fail me. The Infidels must lay in ruins."

"But the Infidel Jello!" cried Fhuver, trying to swim in his vision to the God-Emperor's presence. "What has he planned? Where will he strike?! I must know!"

"Pain is a lesson that you will never complete, until Death's ironic grip strangles the useless flesh of your existence into my providence. Yet is a lesson you must never relent the study of, lest the infidels find you vulnerable from their own weakness. He who doth shy from Pain doth shy from Me."

With that the God-Emperor dissappeared, and the scene resolved itself into his Audience Chamber once more, on the Sanctity of Sacrifice.
    His flesh dangled in shreds from his bleeding feet, and already the Morak colony had began to take root in his calcium rich bone structure.

Soon his feet would form a new formidable set of spikes and extensors, around which his own flesh would blend with the nourishing soma sacs of the Morak shellfish. It was an implant he had decided on a euphoric whim, thinking he may yet see ground combat before he died.
    Hard, long combat. In hostile infidel territory.

His mind tipped. He did not know what the God-Emperor had wanted. Yun Yammka had not told him the Infidel's intent, only hinting at unknowns.

Fhuver did not like to second guess the Gods. So he would not try.

"Lea

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  3. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    ::cant post...reading Teh Final Prophecy::

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    IC as Jai Lavos

Trouble brewed on Kyana.

Something was wrong with the sisterhood, in his bones who could feel it, yet it's source he knew not.

At possibly the worse time possible, the one thing binding his people together had something going on, and Jai despaired.

He turned to his intercomm, thinking of solace, of friendship, of someone to talk to. But who?

His mother, Tavira, gone. Dead, killed by the Yuuzhan Vong. His father, Kane Lavos, meeting a similar fate.

His friend Topb Loke currently on assingment on Mordos, his Governor killed in the uprising by Gorin all that time ago.

His little sister, secreted away by his most trusted of guards, and Phal Glass leading an expedition into the flank of the ever-coming, driving Yuuzhan Vong force that now sat on the doorstep of Reece, and even should they prove ambitious, Coruscant.

He had been marshalling his home guard should Coruscant come under attack. He knew what it would mean should Imperial Centre fall: Kyana would be turned on next, and no amount of fortification would stop the onslaught.

The Emperor was on the move again, his forces were indecisive, and Jai sat contemplating possibilities.

If only he knew what to do...

Father...help me...please...

TAG: No one.

IC as Will Shard

He felt the pull, ineoxerable as it was, to the Sith Lord Gorin.
    He felt the urge, he felt the need. He could no longer hold back.

Sending a message to his comrades to take the rings to the Maw and destroy them, his fighter peeled off, and headed off on another journey.

To the heart of darkness, he approached. Into the abyss, he ventured.

On fate's wheel, the galaxy trembled.

TAG: Gorin.

IC as Yu'Shaa

"How long?"

"Weeks. Fhuver Vil is near Coruscant, and Yomin Domain Carr's glorious forces continue to regain lost ground near Duro. the Emperor is all who stands between the Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster and Imperial Centre."

"Jello will be unable to resist the Yun Yammka's toy. He should be back at Coruscant."

The shamed one nodded, turning to the villip choir to see the secret feed into the Yuuzhan Vong battle control nexus on Dathomir.
    "The Infidel Emperor has gather an impressive fleet. Are you sure he will not suceed?"

"Not after seeing what happened at Reece. It was so quick not even a message got out. I should hope he finds it quick."

Nodding to the prophet, the Shamed One turned. "Then what of us, master? How will we find salvation if not through your former allies and their weapons?"

"Through ourselves. We haven't much time, muster the most devout, and prepare them."

"Your glory is your vision, Prophet. I obey."

TAG: No one.

5. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Halycron checking in, to see who out there is still living of WotG veterans...

6. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    DS5 alive and well, still not considering himself a veteran. Still crying. :_|

I really miss the old girl.

~ DS5

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm here, and still wear the GM badge with honor.

We need to get a nice climax ready. Perhaps this weekend we could try and gather everyone up on AIM to plan what to do?

BoP's taken up the bulk of my efforts, but if there's one thing I'll divert attention too, it's making sure WOTG finishes with the glory suitable to her.

8. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    One big, all-out battle? In the style of the old days? Nothing pre-planned, just a huge battle between everyone?

Or not?

Long live WOTH,

~ DS5

9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    An old face saying hi. :)

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    DS5: Big battle. I don't know if it should be scripted, though. I suppose that'd be an issue to discuss...

Bravo: Hi. :)

11. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I wouldn't intend it to be scripted. A while ago maybe it should have been, but right now I think one big all-out brawl to end this for everyone would be appropriate.

~ DS5

12. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    I have a bunch of ships I wouldn't mind seeing scrapped for some glorious purpose...

13. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Me too. Nice big Outer Rim Defense Force waiting to dish out a beating and get blown up. It's not like we're going to be using these anymore.

~ DS5

14. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    I imagine there are many people who have sizeable fleets that need a sizeable pounding.

Should we try to contact other former players?

15. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Checking in for the big finale and I have a nice fleet of Alliance vessels ready for the scrapyard, including two JSDs . .

16. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Wonderful. I HATED those ships from the get go. We'll make sure no JSD created in WOTG survives this battle.

~ DS5

17. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Remembers to prepare personal escape pod . . .

18. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Sounds like an excellent idea. Though I wont be able to take part in an AIM discussion on Saturday or Sunday between 8am and 5pm, AEDST.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I've discussed how I'd like to do the last battle with regards to Jello's fate with a few, so I think I'm ready.

20. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    Third party checking in.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I'm set with plotlines ready to "wow" and Fhuver Vil tells me he has a few fun suprises up his sleeve as well..

Oh, and this ol fella "EYY" claims he has some planet - Vortex or sumthing - he wants to hit upsida teh Coruscant.

Seriously Jello, the guy's nuts, I have no idea what he is on about... [face_mischief]

22. Jace_Halycron

Jul 5, 2001
    Well, there are more of us left than I thought.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    WOTG rises up, and everyone flocks to it.

No one can miss the ending of the RP.

24. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    I played for like a week, and then Yomin wiped the floor with me and my fleet, so I kinda fell out of the limelight.

I'm definitely watching this though.

[face_devil]

Should be good.

25. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    WW gave me a fleet about nine or ten months ago. I wonder what happened to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.