main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies VII: The Final Gambit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    I'll try to get an IC post done before I leave for France this weekend to represent Canada in the D-Day ceremony.
    I miss WotG...

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Imperial Garrison, Corellia

Observation Deck

"Can't they see the partical shield pulsate in front of them?" one of his officers commented near by as the wave of reptilian slave warriors rushed into the shield to fight the stormtroopers that stood behind it. Molten missiles of magma pelted the shield as the enemy's starfighters tried to pelt the infantry lines from above.

"Apparently not," Veers replied and then issued orders into the comlink for the forward line of stormtroopers to fire upon the Chazrach with heavy blaster fire. Protected by the shields, the men would be able to thin the enemy infantry before they would have to stand their ground once the shields fell.

Thinking of the shields, the Field Marshal glanced up at the blue-shimmering energy field as they accepted and absorbed each attack by the coralskippers. He knew they would not last long under that kind of bombardment and quickly ordered for the anti-air units to begin filling the sky with flak pods. The interesting thing about energy flak is that it did not work in the same context as a laser blast. It first started out as a ball of energy before it reached a critical point in its existence and bursted into thousands of smaller clumps of energy. They would be very effective against the Yuuzhan Vong's annoying dovin basals and bring down the swarm that flew above them.

Energy of flak burst in the sky as the AA-ATs began assaulting the coralskippers. Sometimes the energy shells of the artillery inadvertly helped take down some of the starfighters as they tried to carpet bomb the Yuuzhan Vong infantry and armored forces from behind the garrison. Veers was surprised that the Yuuzhan Vong commander had not tried to take out his artillery right away. It would have been one of the first things he would have gotten rid of if his forces were being bombarded from a distance.

The garrison's anti-starfighter turbolaser batteries opened fire on the swarm, singing a song of green death at them. With the combined firepower of the AA-ATs and the turbolasers, the enemy starfighters would be too occupied to save themselves to do anything against his troops once the shield collapsed. Quietly, the Field Marshal wondered if the enemy commander thought his men were cowards for hiding behind the shields. He hoped that was the case and smiled. Under different circumstances he would have met the enemy on the open field, but since he was so horribly outnumbered and outgunned, it was best to let the enemy exhaust its resources on bringing down his defenses first before directly engaging them.

"Sir, a garbled communique from space," said a communications tech thirty minutes later, he had appeared on the observation deck. He held out a flimsisheet for the Field Marshal to take and waited patiently to see if he would be sending a response. Field Marshal Veers accepted the message and read over the aurekbesh text carefully.

His brown eyes narrowed thinly as he read the name of the commander who offered his assistance. Admiral Bterrik, rebel scum, he thought and turned his gaze upward toward the coralskipper dotted bluesky. "Send this: Admiral, your assistance is appreciated, but such help will come too late for us. The Vong will have overrun our positions and established a foothold on-world and in-system by the time you arrive. Perserve your fleet for another battle that you can win. We will form a resistance to fight the enemy to the day this world can be successfully liberated. Veers."

"Sir, shouldn't we be telling him to come?" Colonel Dyer asked in a perplexed voice. His face was also written with confusion.

"He is a rebel and I will not let this world fall from one enemy's hands to another's. Captain Jokar will be returning with the Corellian Defense Fleet, that fleet alone is enough to rout the Vong out of our system." Field Marshal Veers replied angrily and then crumpled the flimisheet into a tiny ball.

I will not allow the rebellion to liberate my world,[

3. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    OOC: I think you've slacked off long enough, Thok.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Whoa it's WOTG...

5. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    When on earth are we going to finish this damn schnit wizzle

YOU! CHILD! Bring me some more food and something to drink for godsake.

6. MaximilianVeers

MaximilianVeers Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    hey, ive been waiting to finish this battle and keep WOTG alive but somebody keeps slacking off

Anybody want to take up the challenge and beat the kriff out of me? Come on! I dare any one of you to try to beat me at my own game!

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    If you want to shoot me a PM of the allegiance and break down of your opposing force, I'll be able to get going within a week's time. :)

I'm not very well practiced at ground battles, barring the great battle I shared with Yun a while back. I'd love to give it a shot. :D

Oh, and Jello? You still need to answer the ultimatum A certain Vong sent to you about what he was going to do to Reece. ;)

8. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    We had one battle, but I would never stoop to use 'great' as an adjective for said conflict without simultaneously employing a negative.

9. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Ah crap. Well, looks like i have to dig out my stuff and get back to work.

10. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Wow, WOTG. I miss the good ol' days. I remember I joined at the end of WOTG: II.

Ah, the good old days.

11. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Probably somewhere on Toprawa
    ----

Jace Halycron woke up feeling grumpy from jet lag. He bypassed his wife in bed and went to his flag ship, Whatever It's Called. He flew off to some remote planet and pimp-slapped the poor bugger.

Feeling far better than before, he returned home and went to sleep.

TAG: zzzzzzzzzzz... snore.

12. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    We had one battle, but I would never stoop to use 'great' as an adjective for said conflict without simultaneously employing a negative.

:( After all I've done for you, you spurn me thus? Oh, woe is me! Lamentable fate, may you strike quickly so despair has no time in which to claim this wretched form.

13. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    We can make your claim a truth later on if it so wounds you. We simply need to revive this.

14. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    LIVE DAMN YOU!

15. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    IC: Malik Halycron

Corellia

More renforcements began to land towards the back of the battle as the main troops asaulted the shield wall that prevented the main ground assault on the imperial garrison. Close fire support from corvettes above the battle and fire from the fleet in orbit continued to bombard the shield wall to help bring it down. Balls of magma slowly burned down apon the shield, bringing closer to complete failure.

Above the battle in orbit, Commander Halycron sat in his command chair assessing the battle from the living view screen. Things were looking grim for the defending units under the infidel Veers' command. This infidel showed a very good strength that many others could not produce. Even in the face of overwhelming odds, he could command his troops to fight in the honorable way. Perhaps he and he alone deserved a warriors death from this battle.

Indeed, veers would die a warriors death today.

Tag: Mitth

16. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    Eriadu

Pierce wakes up

What the #$@#@

goes back to sleep
    [/b]Tag ALL [/b]

17. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Just wondering, are you guys gonna finish with this grand battle or whatever, soon? Cuz I'm kinda interested in participating, for old times' sake, and it'd be really sad to see WotG go out with a whimper instead of a bang.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Doesnt look like it.

19. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    We need to get everyone formerly involved to take some time to finish this, but that's a task not a one of us seems truly capable or willing.

20. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I'd be willing to do so, mainly because due to the craptastic implosion that happened at the end of the game put myself into the position to have major footholdings in each of the three main factions, i could theoretically end the game on my own, with a substatial sized fleet from each of the sides. Also, i contain a few records here and there onto the full size of all three factions fleet status et al.

Could be interesting.

21. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    That's great, but I can't endorse leaving such an important task to you. It need be at least a minor group effort.

22. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    What? You don't trust Thok to get it done and do it right? Maybe one person ending it is what is really needed, since all the the minor group efforts have fallen short.

just my $.02

23. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    NP edit: That was uncalled for.

24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Imperial Garrison, Corellia

Command Center

"Our lines are taking heavy casualties, sir," Dyer informed as the holofeed displayed the battle on several holoscreens. Enemy coralskippers were pelting their infantry with globs of plasma, sending a quadrant into disarray and allowing chazrack to gain a foothold behind the front lines. But the stormtroopers were well trained and reacted to the breach accordingly. Thermal detonators sailed through the air and blasted the enemy breach into oblivion. Quickly the stormtroopers filled up the charred hole with reinforcements.

A rumble coursed through the ground as something heavy came stomping into the fray of the battle. Massive Imperial Walkers approached from the Yuuzhan Vong's eastern flank, emerging from the forest with heavy laser cannons firing while the medium blasters blasted coralskippers out of the sky. Racing from behind the walkers and quickly past them was armored hovertanks and Scout Walkers. They did not pause in their approach as they raced at maximum speed for the exposed flank of the enemy force.

High-explosive energy shells erupted from the cannons of the hovertanks while high-explosive grenades were propelled into the enemy lines by the AT-STs' grenade launcher before it began firing its primary laser cannons. The armor blitzed toward the enemy with the intentions of piercing their flank and disrupting their coordination. The Imperial Walkers themselves, with their longer range, concentrated on the Yuuzhan Vong's heavy armor, the Rakamats and Firebreathers.

"There is a force approaching from our rear," Dyer informed with urgency.

"What?" Veers said in disbelief. How could he have missed an enemy force approaching from behind? "Turn the artillery around and begin bombardment of those forces. Send half of the Walkers to intercept and start withdrawing the troops to behind the wall. Heavy troopers along the wall are to provide covering fire."

"Yes, sir."

Turning to the monitors, Veers observed the battle again and witnessed as several Imperial Walkers broke off from their engagement with the Yuuzhan Vong and began to turn towards the north where an enemy force somehow snuck in. He could hear through the walls of the garrison, the artillery guns sing their song as they spat energy shells in the direction of the new threat. The rear echelons of the frontline began to withdraw through the massive gate of the fortress walls while the heavy troopers along the walls provided covering fire.

He would lose many men with this withdrawl but he need them inside the walls so they could retreat into the tunnels when the final evacuations begin. "Everyone but Comms is to evacuate now," he told his staff in the command room. They stopped what they were doing to look up and over at the Field Marshal with a mix of surprise, concern, and relief that they would get to live after all.

"I'm not going to leave you here alone, sir," Dyer protested.

"I am not asking you to go, I am ordering you to. I need to remain here and command our forces, but I will follow you into the tunnels before the Yuuzhan Vong overrun the place." He gave them a stern look that told them he will not argue the point. "Go while you still can."

Slowly and relunctantly his staff began to pile out of the room. Colonel Dyer looked back at the Field Marshal and the older man nodded before turning his back to him to face the holoscreens once again. For a moment there, Aren Dyer felt that would be the last time he saw his friend and superior. Quietly he left the Field Marshal to evacuate with the rest of the garrison.

TAG: Thok

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Either we're just gonna have this game last all eternity...

...or...

...someone just attack bloody Coruscant and let's get this final battle started. I almost don't even remember what I have anymore. Something like 3 or 4 armadas, Tachyons, mines, and a bunch of miniVaders running around...

...what a mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.