main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies VII: The Final Gambit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    We'll just use our large feet to step on your miniVaders.

2. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    See...that's the problem with WOTG, and why it came to a screetching halt. I wasn't around since the very beginning, so you feel it necessary to degrade me and/or ignore me, depending upon what you feel like at the moment. It was this way for almost every person who joined your quaint little game here. If you're not one of the 1337 originals, then you're not worth giving a shred of attention to, right? You might as well have just informed anyone who came after game 3 to not even bother joining, instead of stringing us along for a few weeks, then flat out ignoring our posts/suggestions/tags. Tell me, Yun, do you consider yourself "Hard-Core"? I also take it that your big exciting battle here also is only for the chosen few, and all of us "newcomers" who worked to get involved for months or years but were constantly pushed away are to do just that, and stay away?

NP edit: Removing quote.

3. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I wasn't around since the very beginning either. Nor was DarthSeti5, nor Thok, nor were many other people.

EDIT: And maybe we could write a joint fan fiction type thing, detailing the last battle and everything leading up to it. Then have everyone who wants to make a few last posts (no tags, all intercharacter communication done as joint posts). Then lock it.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    No one was ignored in this game. Those that felt they were ignored never participated beyond one or two posts to never be heard from again because they had dropped out without a word. I in fact paid quite a lot of attention to the newer players and tried to get them into the game, but like others before them they dropped out. Not because they were ignored but because of the overwhelming feeling one can get in this game when first starting out. Many players were chased away by the enormous history of this game and had no idea where to begin or where to go once guided by a WOTGer.

So before you open your mouth again 7-7-7 get all the facts before accusing us of elitism or get out of our thread before I sic a Mod on you for trolling.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    And let's quit this garbage.

The only OOC conversation here should pertain to how we should close up the game and/or work on the final grand battle.

Anything else belongs in the RPF B&G, or elsewhere.

Thank you.

6. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    I talked with PoT a while back, and we figured that it would either be best to finish it as we've done with everything else and RP the battle, or to gather everyone's ideas for the ending and come to an agreement. After making such a decision, the material would pass on to one or two members who would then proceed to do as Yomin suggested and write a cohesive story.

That being said, we would have to gather everyone together, remeber or remind all of what was developing, then argue relentlessly until we come to something like an agreement. As this is a group effort, it would be pitiable to allow one or two poeple to simply finish as they see fit. Whether or not the final form is composed by a small chorus, it should be formed from the ideas and opinions of as many players as can be managed.

Any suggestions is opposition or something to add?

7. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    I agree with Yun. I think we should start planning this as soon as possible.

8. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    If you have a problem with me, then please use the PM system which our administrators have so kindly provided us with. Don't spam. :)

9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    7-7-7, you should follow your own advice. Don't spam. :)

The thing about that is, its a good idea but no one is going to write a fan fic ending to WOTG. I barely can get back to writing Survivor. I havent seen Yun or PoT update their fics and Jello starts one and soon drops it. The only way we are going to get this going is if someone starts it and if it takes five years to finish it , hey at least it got finished.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I concur with Mitth and stick my tongue out at the suggestion that I drop fics.

:p

I also think that's it's impossible to get everyone together, too... a lot of us aren't around much anymore.

11. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Maybe less of a fan fic and more of a guided RP. Decide on how things are going to play out, then let everyone RP their characters within the constraints of the decided storyline. So if we decide that Kane Lavos is going to return as a thirty foot tall Lord Nyax-esque demon and will kill a captured Yomin Carr, I would head to a situation where I could be captured, and PoT would set himself up with implanted lightsabers. One thing I think is necessary is a time constraint. If we leave it open ended then it will just keep dragging on. Either set an end date, or set dates for specific storylines to be complete.

12. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    In all fairness, despite not updating, I am working on my fic and PoT updated his the middle of last month.

Another possibility would be we decide the ending, then assign various porpotions to be written in a fic style by each participant. Not as much to write, but we don't have to worry about tags and things coming out of order and what not. It can all be consolidated into one book and cleaned up if need be. Merely throwing out what comes to me.

13. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    All sounds fine and dandy with a small chorus of us getting together to hammer this thing out.

It will require a few things however.

75 litres of Soda.
    85 pounds of Cheese Puffs.
    3 potty breaks.
    1 case of Oranges.
    3 days straight of no sleep.
    Numerous tons of coffee.
    Baileys to go with said coffee.
    Oh, and a phone with the mental institution on speed dial for when we finish and have lost all sense of reality.

I honestly can't wait for this one. :D

14. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    I promised myself I wouldn't RP anymore...but WOTG is completely different. I think I'll help out with this ending. I'm fine with whatever everyone else wants to do.

~ DS5

15. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    *agrees with Thok*

16. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
  17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    I (Julie) have been informed that Jace would be willing to hammer out "something resembling a fan fiction summary/ending" when he gets back. He'll have two or three months off work for "reintegration" purposes.

Just what he told me to say.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks, Julie. :)

Hmmm... your idea is workable, Yomin, and PoT and I have partly worked out something similar like that with respect to Lavos and the Perfect One anyway.

I think RP with pre-planned constraints = good.

19. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    So how are we going to decide what should happen? I'm not really sure of much, but I do know that either Coruscant or Dathomir should be the site of a massive final battle. Preferably Coruscant though.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Well it doesnt concern me much since my major character got axed by Jello, so I wont be participating in the Coruscant/Dathomir conflict (unless it involves ground battles). I just want to finish the fight on Corellia.

21. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    It'll involve ground battles. How could it not?

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Definitely. I need to sacrifice a certain someone leading a certain charge against a certain Dathomiri citadel.

23. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    A perfect ending to a perfect RPG.

Flar comes in with the pirate brigade and kills us all.

Sound good?

24. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Or how about...Flar comes in and kills jello, and the rest of us have a "jello is teh dead!1!!or0z" tea party where we all get drunk and dance the night away in blissful galaxy-spanning peace and happiness.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    dunkness fun hahahahaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.