main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Galaxies VII: The Final Gambit

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    only if Kane Lavos gets naked and hangs himself from the tallest yardarm.

2. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    *agrees with WW*

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I could release Vollk from his cage, and have him lead the charge from Aurora station with my several big armadas and all my tachyons and Vader clones.

0_o

Who the heck let me have all those crazy things, anyway?

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
  5. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    I was inactive, otherwise I would have told you it was Star Wars and your **** had no place in the game if only for that fact it would cause the quality to take a collective nose dive into oblivion.

I can't speak for the Helper Moneky.

6. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    The Helper Monkey...I forgot!

I miss him

7. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    i miss him too :(

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    If you're all good little gremlins maybe I'll coax him out of retirement. ;)

Who the heck let me have all those crazy things, anyway?

You did Mr GM. But don't worry, I'll ensure you die all the same. :)

Did I say die? I meant win of course.

9. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    I think that I'll win!

wait, I don't even know where I am?!

10. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    you are....out in the outer rim somewhere.

11. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Enough stagnation. Let us commence the throwing out of ideas for the end of this RP, lest we simply let it fade from our memories yet another time.

Commence.

12. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Yuuzhan Vong victory: Abortive Imperial attack on Dathomir, sabotaged by Rebel ambush of Empire. Yuuzhan Vong chase Empire back to Coruscant, fight epic battle vs. Rebel+Imperial alliance. Yuuzhan Vong win, make Yuuzhan'tar. Empire retreats to Outer Rim, where it squabbles with remains of Rebellion. I smell a sequel!

Imperial victory: Kind of opposite of Yuuzhan Vong. Yuuzhan Vong attack on Coruscant is defeated, Rebellion is tricked into coming to Dathomir to help the Empire, is destroyed along with Yuuzhan Vong. Peace and order prevail.

Rebel victory: contradiction.

13. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Yes, a Rebel victory is not possible, as no one involved likes the filthy things.

I propose that anyone who makes a serious suggestion as to allowing a Rebel victory should be booted.

14. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    I would never suggest a rebel victory!

A victory by the Alliance of Free Systems, on the other hand... :D [face_devil]

Lord knows how it would work though. Yuzzies and Impies blow eachother up and AFS comes in late and mops up...

Remember, your talking to the late, great Sectorial Admiral-Governor of the Federated Union!

(whose capital world may or may not be a pile of rubble by now, but thats beside the point)

The FU has yet to reveal our most technologically advanced ships in a large scale engagement as of the last time anyone cared. I look forward to it! [face_devil]

15. Long_Live_The_Rebels

Long_Live_The_Rebels Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    yes they are very technologicaly advanced! And are very anti-vong!

16. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    ....The AFS Returns....

Great.

Now then, Why not have a Pirate Victory? Im sure teh "Flar" would not be opposed to that. Say he comes in, scraps the remains of the fleets, and makes an uber pirate fleet of deralict Imp/AFS ships? Then kills teh vong when they are weak?

17. CaptKieranFlar

CaptKieranFlar Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2001
    I have to say, I like POT and Thok's ideas :)

*goes to dig around for his old WOTG data files*

18. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    I wish I still had WOTG datafiles. I had very, very detailed short, intermediate, and long term military plans, not to mention countless random terrorist plans, in addition to creatures to be shaped, random EU facts to be exploited, and the like. No idea where it is anymore. :(

19. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    OKay, to move the discussion along before we OOC this thread into lockability:

I think the emerging consensus is that both a battle of Coruscant and a Battle of Dathomir - one occuring on the heels of the other - is the way to end this, with all major parties involved in one, the other or both.

The order seems to be still up to discussion, but again the emerging consensus seems to point to an attack on Coruscant (whose success is largely unimportant) followed up by a last ditch drive at the Yuuzhan Vong heart of Dathomir, in which all major parties are drawn and for the most part, killed, with few left behind to argue over who is the victor.

Having Flar sweep in at the last minute anhiliating surviving commanders is a nice touch I agree, perhaps as a lead in to the pirate-ruled anarchy of post war WOTG Galaxy, with the Jedi reduced to vigilantes, warlordism rife etc. Could be nice.

For my part, I already know how I'll have my assets pan out and am able to conform to what final decision this caucus arrives at.

Any alterations or changes to this timeline should now be discussed so we can arrive at a final form, snick out the details between each other and get going.

20. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Fine with me. Now lets get this ending rolling

21. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    I suggest an attack on Coruscant and retreat/pursuit to Dathomir, as Dathomir would be the better suited for both naval and land combat.

Obviously no faction will come out the clear winner, though we can have one utterly destroyed. That would be fun. Flar can swoop in at the end, sure, but I suggest, though not necessarily die, sustain heavy losses and emerge as the dominant force.

Someone's going to have to let Mitth regenerate himself again if Nitty shows up.

Any two characters with an intense rivalry/hatred for one another should naturally be the cause of their respective deaths. Unless we have too many of those, in which case we'll let the longest standing ones get that honor. Lest the original rivalries are finished... in which case we'll have to sigh at the new, less interesting ones.

Someone says "I had a field." or something similar to that at least once more.

More may come to me in time, but I am not really paying attention, so now is not said time.

22. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    So I guess the galaxy will crumble after this final battle? The Empire has virtually no ships left when compared with its original number, so it pulls back to the Core, protecting what remains of Coruscant, and such. The Yuuzhan Vong are leaderless and have little to no military left. At best, I'd presume they are the equivalent of the Mandalorians after the pre-KotOR Mandalorian War, talented mercenaries from an all but destroyed civilization. The rebels collapse into anarchy, with the fleet lords (or however they had it set up) ruling their individual sectors pretty loosely except for a few planets.

I also think we should renew the Imperial-Rebel treaty. GAJ to Rebels: "General Dobski, years ago you helped me in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against their aggression. You must help us attack Dathomir. This is our most desperate hour. Help me, Bravo, you're my only hope."

23. Yun-Yuuzhan

May 9, 2001
    Yes, then stab them in the back with an SSD. Literally.

Simply as a matter of pride.

24. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    I've got fleets on both the Yuuzhan Vong and Jello-alligned Empire, so I'm ready to go whenever.

25. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    I'm in a pickle, and i like it!

I have fleets on all three sides of this engagement. I'm going to have fun killing myself two times over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.