main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive War of the Sith Part IV: The Invasion of the Cha'ala

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by MASTER-OF-EVIL, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Kildare Offal
    Abandoned Labs

"This is my home, why do you ask?"

Kil watched the outline bring his arm up and then heard his deep guttural voice again.

"I see... You have come to see if the myths were true, have you not?"

Kildare stared hard into the gloom at the figure of Talos. His eyes were dull and his mouth a hard-line.

?You see nothing of my intentions Talos. Why have you returned to Coruscant??

In his mind, Kil worked furiously to form a message to Masamune. He knew where Kashyyyk was in relation to Coruscant and hoped desperately that the Jedi would be able get the message. He repeated the same words over and over to Masamune.

I have Talos cornered into his lab, but I do not no if I can fight him. What should I attempt. Masamune.

Tag: 694377 and Mandalore_Fett

2. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    IC: Lord Talos
    Coruscant - Abandoned Lab

"I have returned to look after one of my experiments: Nightshroud. I trust you want to listen to the tale about this lab, and me and Nightshroud?"

Talos could see that this person was fidling around with a small device, but could'nt tell what it was.

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame

3. Mandalore_Fett

Mandalore_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    IC: The Guardian of Light Masamune
    Kashyyyk - Rwookrrorro

Masamune was in deep conversation with Commander Olivia when he received a calling through the Force. It was from Padawan Offal, something must of happened.

"Would you excuse me, for a minute Liv. I need to deal with a small matter." As he got up walked over to the open balcony of the command center and looked out at the shores of Rwookrrorro and cleared his mind of thought and allowed the calling pass through him and then he could hear, the Padawan's voice.....

'I have Talos cornered into his lab, but I do not no if I can fight him. What should I attempt. Masamune.'

Masamune thought for a moment and then responded.

'Do not engage, Padawan. What we want is information first and I gather if you engage him now, he will have a certain advantage over you. Make sure to get as much information about this Sith and of Corellia. If engagement is inevitable, draw him out of his surroundings if possible, Padawan Offal. May the Light serve you well.' Hoping to catch the hidden message within his words.

Masamune opened his eyes and stood for a moment longer before turning back into the command center and formulating a plan for the campaign.

Tag: Olivia and Padawan Offal

4. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Labs

Kildare stared at Talos. He had heard Masamune?s message, so didn?t move. He had been feeling his lightsaber?s hilt. His hand dropped and his eyes brightened up.

?You might as well tell me, while we are here.?

Tag: 694377

5. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002

~IC~
    Hapes Consortium - Heavenly Lookout - Palace Courtyard

I could feel a turmoil of emotion wash over me as I felt her touching my cheek. The softness of her hands, the sweet fragrance reminded me of a time so long ago. The unfaithful bastard! I cursed at what Cairo had done. How dare he treat Mara like that! I don't know why anyone would want to have anything to do with him. But what Mara asked me to do is important to her, then it is important to me. How did he become like that? He was so different last time I saw him. He said that we would go for drinks once I've completed my mission... that ill-fated mission. I tried to suppress the memories of the past from rising up again. I looked into Mara's eyes and nodded. If he needs help then I suppose I could be the one to do it. I hope Mara is right.

"I shall do what I can. For you." I answered her and bowed my head. "I haven't done anything like this before. Exorcise the darkness from one's soul. I'll soon get to the bottom of it."
    I looked out past her shoulder, I could see that the sun was getting lower in the Hapean sky. The small growl emitted from my stomach told me that it is almost dinner time and I haven't had anything to eat in almost over a day. No time to be thinking of food, regardless of how long it has been.
    "It is getting late and there are things that have to be done. Before I go and talk to Cairo, there is something I have to get. Not far, just inside my former ship." I then chuckled "Don't worry, I shall not run away."

Tag: Mara, those on Hapes.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Kal-El - Ariek
    Hapes Consortium - Heavenly Lookout

Ariek picked up the datapad again to read its contents. Intrigued by her recent fascination with the datapad, Kal leaned over to read what is on the screen. She pushed his face away so that he couldn't see.
    "What is so interesting on that datapad?" Kal asked her.
    "Nothing that concerns you." Ariek snapped back and moved it behind her back.
    Not liking being pushed away, Kal used the force to snatch it out of her hands and lifted it to his.
    "Hey! no fair!" Ariek complained as she tried to grab it back.
    "Why are you being secretive? What are you reading?" Kal asked as he skimmed through the writing. His eye lit up when he realised what it is. "This is Outrider's journal. Where did you get this? This isn't yours!"
    Ariek looked away from Kal and tried to speak her mind. "How well do you know your friend?" She asked him. "Why does he act the way he does? I feel that there is something not right about him."
    "Don't you trust him?" Kal sounded a bit shocked by all this. "He is one of the most honourable person I know. You could of just said something to him instead of going through his belongings. Give the man some privacy."
    "N..yeah I guess I do trust him but not completely. Why is he leading us around and telling us nothing? Is his 'emotional condition' all an act? And why was he acting all scared around that 'sexy lil nymph'? Oh. That reminds me," Ariek then turned back to Kal and glared at him. "What is it that you call me when I am not around?"
    "Oh I see. Don't tell me that you are jealous."
    "That may work on him, but it won't on me Kal." Ariek narrowed her eyes. "Something fishy is going on and I am trying to find out what it is."
    "By going through his journal?"
    "It would at least give us some idea on what his motives are and if he is the type to lead us into a trap. Who was that person that called on the comm. link? Wouldn't give us a name. What was the message Rowan gave to Ymar all about? Leading us to Hapes to get something he refuses to speak about. Why all the secrecy? Do you know?"
    "There is something more Ariek."
    "Don't change the subject." She warned him.
    "Ha, I know you the same way you know me. Something else is troubling you and you are using him as a smoke screen. Only moments ago we were laughing and now we are arguing?"
    "Read page that I am on." She told him.
    Kal looked to the datapad and read to himself the entry that was dated ten days ago:
    'Why is it that when ever you about to relax, something always happens to upset everything. There I was in a nice restaurant on the Queen of the Sith, about to enjoy a lovely meal when bloody pirates decide to raid the ship. Can't I at least start a decent meal before duty calls? That is not all. I can't believe that Enimsaj was there as if she was waiting for me. A trap! I hate public transport. Pirates are nothing compared to her. Grrr! She loves messing with my mind doesn't she. Well this is one person she didn't ensnare so easily. When that failed, her damn pet almost killed me when I took the shuttle to escape. Why is it when a woman takes interest in me, she is the type that is bad for my health? I'll never understand it and probably never will. I have time to kill before I reach Kothlis. I hope Alura was right about this contact of hers.'

Kal looked back at Ariek and gave her a look as if to say 'So?'
    "There is more but I found out that Alura is a Twi'lek from a large 'independant' information network. From what I've read something wrong is going on from within. The recent behaviour of the 'nymph' doesn't match what he said in the journal. What happened there? Go to the first entry. Notice how it only goes back roughly eleven years ago. About the time he gave his ship to Mara. Where are the rest of the entries that date before that? Why is he running? What is he hiding? Why are we being dragged into the thick of it?" Ariek paused for a moment as if to reflect on what she just said then looked back at Kal with a worried look on her face. "It is happening again? Isn't it?

7. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"Many years ago, this lab was used for some of the most horrific experiments, and of course as you would imagine, this lab was top secret, and was hidden from the rest of coruscant, and the whole galaxy. On one day, we captured a young man, and experimented on him. This man was Nightshroud. He attepted to escape after he was put on the experimenting table, but was shot dead by one of the scientists. Because of this, they had found their next experiment... I'm sure you know what that Experiment was, since I am leading up to it?"

TAG: Kildare

8. Xaverri-The-Magician

Xaverri-The-Magician Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2005
    IC: Princess Aerith Lockhart

[image=http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a330/MASTER-OF-EVIL/PrincessAerithLockhart.jpg]

Princess Aerith had felt the call out that her older sent through their bond and brought what was needed for her. Aerith twirled her staff with one hand and then she transformed into a white dove and flew out of the Royal Castle into the sunset sky towards the Lookout and glided along the breezes and the battle was still raging on in the upper atmosphere and in space.

The Lookout was coming into view and growing larger by the second until it could make out the details of the Lookout and finally saw the figures around the garden and descended towards the figure that was moving away from the lady in white and landed in front of the man that was heading the dove's direction.

The dove looked up into the man's face and tilted its head ever so slightly and then a violet hue of mist surrounded the dove and then the dove started to grow until a human figure started to take shape and then rose to the man's height almost and the mist cleared and then the Princess was now standing before, Rowan.

"Greetings, Rowan Seiriol-Nye. I am Princess Aerith Lockhart. I have heard of your tales from abroad. I have come at the request of my sister, Mara." She looked over his shoulder at her older sister.

"It is so good to see you again, Mara." She smiled.

"Likewise, Aerith, how is the Prince these days?" She inquired.

"His well," She smiled, and the shifted her gaze at Rowan. "Well Rowan, here is something you must be after."

Aerith brought out within her robe and a large box with the royal seal of Hapes on the locker and handed it over to Rowan.

"This is all you need from within the confines of your former ship the Raptor's Fury. You ship is being kept locked away in our Royal Hangar within the Royal Castle. I have lingered long enough, I am needed elsewhere. It was a pleasure meeting you Rowan Seiriol-Nye and May the winds of the Force, guide your wings of destiny to happiness....." With that she vanished within a smoke of a purplish kind and faded away into the evening breeze.

Tag: Rowan and Mara

9. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Lab

Kildare blinked at the beginning of the story. Talos was a strange Sith. His hulking body could now be seen, since Kil?s eyes had adjusted to the dark. He was like a huge wolf. He barely managed Galactic Basic and every word was laced with growls and barks. But he was extremely peaceful and his hue in the Force was a deep redish purple.

?They brought him back??

10. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"Correct. They brought him back... with the help of the darkside. I was there when this happened, I was with the Scientists at this time. They needed someone to harness the powers of the Darkside in order for this experiment to be a complete sucess, and as it would happen, I was there. Implanting it within his body, he would awake in the middle of the night, and escape, without nobody being around to see it."

Talos stood, and arose from the ground. Looking up towards the figure, he slowly walked up the stairs towards Kildare.

11. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Lab

Kildare stepped back a bit. Talos began walking up the stairs. Kildare stopped moving and kept his cool. He asked.

?What do you want with him now??

12. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

Now about 5 meters away from Kildare, Talos looked down upon him.

"Well... That's for you to find out..."

Talos offered out his hand towards Kildare.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~
    Hapes Consortium - Heavenly Lookout - Palace Courtyard

"Well." I said dumbfounded before I realised my jaw was hanging open. I suppressed a whistle and shook my head. "That is something I don't see every day."
    I then turned to Mara and asked her "What just happened there?"
    She lowered her eyes to the box in my hands then back at me. I returned my attention to the box and shook it softy and heard something rattle from within.
    "I didn't know you have a sister. Mind you, if she has heard of me from 'abroad' then.." I paused to look into Mara's eyes to gauge any reaction. "...I never done a good job of keeping a low profile after all these years."
    Oh she is good. I thought to myself as I couldn't see Mara react to what I just said. I wouldn't want to play against her in Sabacc. Or maybe she never said a thing. So much for hoping Aerith heard of me from Mara instead of other sources.

"Aren't you going to open it?" Mara asked me. "Or are you just going to keep staring at me?"
    "Aye. I was distracted." I answered her and knelt down to place the box on the floor.
    I held my breath as I opened the locker to find two blasters, few of my belongings and a smaller black box with a silver pattern bordering it. Ignoring the blasters, I took the box out and opened it. Music started playing from within, the tune was of an old lullaby. Inside of the lid images appeared from a tiny holoprojector showing photos from a time long ago. I sat there as if I was in a trance, watching the images change. In each one was of a beautiful young woman. She had bright blue eyes, soft porcelain skin with rosy cheeks, long honey blonde hair and a captivating smile. As each one changed in time with the music, something interesting was always happening on each image. One showed her surrounded by trees that had balloons and streamers hanging from the branches, she was laughing at the camera with her arm around her friend. Another looked as if she was on stage standing before a group of important people, being presented an award. The one that followed that had her wearing a long white dress, standing under an archway that was decorated by white roses. Beside her was a man wearing a tuxedo, they both had their arms around each other, kissing. The image changed again where it looked like it was at a hospital, she was sitting up in a bed holding a newborn. The expression on her face was like she was experiencing the most wonderful day of her life as she looked down at the yawning infant.

Subconsciously my hand reached out to the baby in the picture. It blurred as my fingers went right through it, which brought me back slowly to reality. I felt a tear roll down the side of my cheek and sensed Mara was standing over me.
    "I was only a few hours old in that picture." I explained to her, the image changed again to close up of her with her husband by her side looking down at the wide eyed little one. "This jewellery box once belonged to my mother. It contains the only few memories that I have of my parents."
    "What happened to them?" Mara inquired.
    "I was five at the time. At my father's friends place on some planet. I used to call him my uncle though we are not even related. Anyway, I was playing a game in the dining room with his daughter when my 'Uncle' came in from the storm with a grieving expression on his face. I found out that my mother and father was killed in a landspeeder accident on Corellia. The paramedics tried to stabilise them as they tried to rush them to the hospital. They didn't make it. A few days later the Jedi Master arrived and took me away to be trained to follow my mother's footsteps as a Corellian Jedi. The first year was hard. I remember being little and unable to sleep, I used to sing this song to myself as my mother used to sing it to me before she died."

My hand reached for an old amulet and pulled it out of the box. I held it up to the light and saw the gold and white gold halves were still shiny as the day I first laid my eyes on it.
    "I've never told anyone that b

14. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Lab

Kildare felt like the hulking wolf was talking down to him. He kept his hand on his lightsaber and stared up at the glowing eyes. Kil asked him again. He didn?t like how close the large figure was. The arms of the wolf creature were huge and he could easily overpower Kildare.

?No, I think it would be better if you just tell me.?

15. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"Maybe I'll tell you, and maybe I wont... Heh, Infact, I want nothing from him, he's become a good friend in my life."

Lord Talos grinned.

"And I donnot think it's wise to have a friendly conversation, when you have your hand on your lightsaber."

16. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Labs

Kildare loosened his grip, but kept his hand on the hilt. He hadn?t moved again, holding the exact same position. A position of readiness.

?Would it be any wiser, for a Jedi to be off garud in the face of larger opponent??

Tag: Talos

17. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"Have you ever heard of the expression 'Size matters not'?...Hmph, and whoever said that I am your opponent anyway?"

Lord Talos's voice flowed peacefully as he spoke.

"But enough, trust is something you must master in order to place for fate in another's hands..."

He took out his hand in order for Kildare to shake it.

"I perpose that even though you are a Jedi, and even though I am a Sith, that we should trust each other. I could have killed you, or attacked you, but I am trusting you even now..."

18. Xaverri-The-Magician

Xaverri-The-Magician Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2005
    OOC: Just to let everyone know that this will be my last post as I'm due to have a baby sometime next week so I have spoken to those who can take control of my characters if need be in my absence. Keep up the great work everyone and i will join you sometime in the near future :)

X-T-M

IC: Jasmine and Mara Blade
    Hapes - Heavenly Lookout

Jasmine returned to her mum after informing her uncle of Marcus. And she could tell, it was time from both Rowan's and Mara's expressions.

"Well this is it, everything is set to go on my end, mum." Jasmine said.

Mara nodded. "Okay, honey. Well there isn't much to do now as everything has been said," She briefly eyed Rowan and then gazed back at her daughter. "Well, this is a goodbye for now, until I meet you on Kashyyyk with your uncle Mas then." Mara smiled.

"Yeah. Well I better go and see to that Kaan is properly taken for the trip." Jasmine looked at Rowan. "Well, Outy, this is a goodbye from me and hope to see you soon." Jasmine gave him a hug and stepped back and waved the two of them goodbye.

"Bye, ma and Rowan. May the Force be with you, both." As she walked towards the opposite direction, to Neltharion which has now Kaan safely secured on his back.

Jasmine touched Nelthy's face.

"This is it, Nelthy. Let's go and pay uncle Mas, a visit on Kashyyyk," She said as she hopped onto his scaly neck and patted him as he grunted.

"Yes, Kashyyyk, Nelthy, I know you liked it last time when we were there. Alright, power up and lets get to it." With that Neltharion lifted off with his huge wings, flapped them once and they were high above the Lookout and then flew in the evening sky of Hapes and then the bubble surrounded Jasmine and an unconscious Kaan behind her and they were in space soon afterwards...

Mara looked up as her daughter left on her Dragon and smiled. She will be fine. She thought of distant memories and then returned to the present.

"Well, Rowan. This is it. I must go and see my family in the Royal Castle which is not far from here," She turned and faced the general direction of where it is located. "Over there past those, bulk cruisers." She indicated with her finger.

"Be careful and don't forget, trust in yourself and those around you and you will do fine......" She smiled as she placed a palm on his cheek, already half-turning away from him.

".....as our love for one another is pure not even the darkest of energies can touch it, use it when the darkness surrounds you." With that Mara walked away.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins---but
    in the heart of its strength lies weakness: one lone candle is enough
    to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars.

Tag: Rowan

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~

Love is the fire that burns within me.
    Keeps me going when all else fails.
    As long as I have something to hold on to
    nothing can stand in my way.
    Love conquers all.

"Aanor ishiia zals." I whispered in ancient tongue, as Mara walked way, wondering if she too knows the old language of our birthplace. "Min Larel."
    I watched her leave while he tried to comprehend what she just said to me. How did she know? I thought to myself. Did I hear her correctly? Does she really have the same feelings for me?
    "Aanor ishiia zals." I repeated as the meaning always been significant to me: 'Love conquers all.'

The air felt cold when she was out of sight. I sighed as I knew that I have a big job ahead of me. I turned away and headed towards the staircase where my former 'mentor' stood. With each passing step I begun to feel a bit nervous, I didn't understand why Cairo would of done those things when he always had a choice not to do those dark deeds. What would happen now? What if I fail? Do I have the skills necessary to 'heal' and set him on the right path? I pondered. More importantly, does he remember me? And if so, would that be a good thing or a bad thing?

I noticed that I have arrived at the staircase. I took a deep breath, holding it for a few moments and let it out all out.
    "Aiight." I muttered to myself and my foot reached the first step. "Here goes nothing."

Tag: Cairo 'Scimitar' Blade

20. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    IC: Darth Scimitar, Dark Lord of the Sith
    Hapes - Heavenly Lookout

The Dark Lord looked towards the evening sky of Hapes as there was a slight breeze in the air and then he saw, his daughter fly off the Lookout and then saw, Mara walking away into the opposite direction and then he sensed someone approaching and as he turned to face the figure, the lamp posts in and around the Lookout came to life.

Scimitar looked towards the bottom of the stair well and saw it was Rowan!

He fixed a supercilious gaze on Rowan, , who now stood upon the stairs looking up at him---and Scimitar couldn't hold the stare; he found this reversal of their 'original' positions oddly unsettling.

There was something troubling appropriate about it.

Seeing Rowan standing where Scimitar himself had stood only moments ago....it was though he was trying to remember a dream he'd never actually had......

"Well, this is certainly unexpected, to see you standing before me. Last I remember I thought you died on Ruusan, Rowan?" It was more like an observation than a question.

"You have changed, age has caught up to you but I see something else in you Rowan, something that wasn't there all those years ago...." Scimitar remarked the man standing before him. Something was off-putting about Rowan, something that was hiding underneath the surface, lingering, Scimitar was surprised how strong his emotions were but he was calm, controlled even. He then looked at where he last saw Mara walking off.

"So, it looks like, Mara had given you a moral boost. But that is no matter. It is strange, that we haven't encountered one another for this long. How did you manage to keep your presence hidden from me?" This time Scimitar asked a direct question to his former student whose face was half-hidden in the shadows casted by Scimitar's shadow which was projected by the light of the lamp behind Scimitar, which gave the scene before him a ethereal sight.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on
    the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the
    sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun and the dark is with you,
    attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Tag: Rowan

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~

I spied a condescending look on Cairo's face as he stood there above me. As I looked up directly at his face, I noticed that the expression wavered. This told me all I needed to know about him at the moment. There is some uneasiness within him. This is a good sign.

"... Last I remember I thought you died on Ruusan, Rowan?" He spoke.
    Same with you pal. That makes two of us. I kept the comment to myself. I deliberately kept an impassive expression on my face as I took each step up the staircase. I didn't answer him. There was no need to. I stopped just a metre before him. He just continued with his 'observations'.

"... How did you manage to keep your presence hidden from me?" He interrogated.
    I remained silent. I took a step to my right and slowly circled Cairo, keeping my distance as I sized him up. I kept silent. I noticed that his clothing and armour were light, a strange medallion around his neck, markings down the length of his right arm, two long blades and a short one he carried: One double-edged sword and the other a scimitar, the dagger strapped to his chest.

I could sense his eyes were following me as I completed my circle and I returned to where I once stood before him. I gave him a disinterested look and waited.

Tag: Cairo 'Jim' :p

22. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Labs

Kildare stared at the hand extended. The beast seemed sincere. His hand lingered in the air and Kildare?s rose. He slowly brought it out. He knew that it was extremely risky, but he grabbed the hand of Talos.

?Now, what is it that you need Nightshroud for??

23. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"Nothing. He is just a dear friend that was perminently scared after some scientist shot him, and so I took it up on my responsability to look after Nightshroud..."

Talos walked up the staircase into the main hallway, expecting Kildare to follow.

"I trust you know nothing of the sith on Corellia?"

He smiled to himself, since Talos was pertly Sith, but not allied with the sith, nor the jedi.

24. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Abandoned Labs

Kildare followed slightly after Talos. He walked just one step behind. The growl of Talos echoed all throughout the lab, as if he was on a PA system.

"I trust you know nothing of the Sith on Corellia?"

Kildare glanced at him. He was unsure of whether he should speak of what the Jedi planned to do. He was the most tranquile Sith, that Kildare had ever met and Kildare could sense that he wasn?t exactly aligned with the main group of them. He spoke vaguely.

?I don?t know much. I know they are there and that no one can fly into Corellia now. Do you know how to sneak onto the planet??

Tag: Talos

25. 694377

Jun 24, 2006
    Abandoned Lab

"I am afraid I do not... But the only way I got onboard a leaving shuttle was because i came with Nightshroud, and I jumped out, and hid in the one of many caves bellow the Temple, then as he was finished, he came back for me, and we set off here."

Talos tilted his head slightly.

"Nightshroud was given information on a mark which had bounty put on him... I believe his name was no more no less than Kal, or something similar to that... But Nightshroud followed his instict, and fled back to Coruscant."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.