main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

War of the Worlds Trailer Tommorow.

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by lysis, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh I can tell you what I think: Simply Amazing and can't wait to see it bigger on TV. In fact I don't think I've seen a better movie SB trailer with such impact since the one from ID4.

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I just saw the super bowl trailer. It was short... but, woww....

3. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
  4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The new teaser looks great. Can't wait to see the full trailer.

5. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I posted this in the discussion over at the amphitheater here.

A picture of a massive tripod: here. That was in the second teaser. And a picture comparison of that to the concept art: here.

By the way, when does the full theatrical trailer get released?

6. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    That looks fantastic.

Cruise is really a great actor.

Look at what he did:

While filming nearby, Tom Cruise along with a 20 member entourage including Steven Spielberg visited a Lexington, Virginia, Dairy Queen. Cruise saw a jar on the counter with a photo of Ashley Flint and her story. Flint was in a go-cart accident a few months earlier, leaving her family with a mountain of hospital bills. Cruise put $5000 cash into the jar.

Awesome man.

7. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    As far as the full trailer it'll probably be attached to a DreamWorks or Paramount release. Although there are no really good candidates. Sahara from Paramount comes April 8, so it might be too early. The other 2 possibilities would be May 27, when Paramount's The Longest Yard Remake and DreamWorks Madagascar come out, just a scant month before the release WotW. Madagascar seems inappropiate, Longest Yard does sound more likely.

Those art/photo comparisons are tantalizing though they might have been heavily modified. Sometimes there is confussion out there with the other War of the Worlds adaptation.

Also there seems to be a lot of discussion about the "lightning". To me it seems very likely it's an EMP weapon to disable as much technology before the actual invasion.

8. JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH

JEDI_KNIGHT_RAYEARTH Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2005
    There's a second teaser!?!
    Was it on the Today show, cause I missed that.

Still, I loved the Super Bowl teaser. It was short and perfect.

9. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Don't know if it was on the Today Show but it premiered on the Internet at Apple and the official movie site:

War of the Worlds trailers

10. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    The trailers look great so far. I can't wait for this to come out. Summer '05 looks like it's gonna be great: SW EP. 3, this flick and Batman Begins to name a few.

By the way how did you guys feel about Spielberg's last film, The Terminal?

I myself enjoyed Tom Hanks's performance and the set design of the airport but found Catherine Zeta-Jones's character/romance subplot to be unecessary and dragged the film into mawkishness.

11. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I enjoyed the Terminal. I liked how it didn?t have that formulaic ending with the main protagonist getting the girl. It?s just a sad fact of life that some women (and men) just don?t choose what?s best for them in life.

12. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    I enjoyed the Terminal as well but it sort of became apparent that they reshot the ending. While the ending might not have been convential there were a few things that didn't flow perfectly from the original film to the new ending. Still it was quite enjoyable.

13. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    I've seen the teaser and the trailer that's on DivX.com and both are very generic and boring trailers. The only preview I've seen that showed any promise was the Superbowl commercial.

14. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    While filming nearby, Tom Cruise along with a 20 member entourage including Steven Spielberg visited a Lexington, Virginia, Dairy Queen. Cruise saw a jar on the counter with a photo of Ashley Flint and her story. Flint was in a go-cart accident a few months earlier, leaving her family with a mountain of hospital bills. Cruise put $5000 cash into the jar.

Awesome man.

Agreed

15. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Yeah, I heard about that.

16. Chaz1138

Chaz1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2005
    Actually, lots of War of the Worlds fans were not always enamoured with the Paramount trailers, either. Paramount made the trailers available online (there were 16 Tv spots and 4 thetrical trailers) and some of us cut together our own versions. Some even combined footage from the 1953 movie and the embarassing boondoggle of the British version that was widely released through Walmart's just a month before Stevearino's film hit the theaters (but not me :D ).

Here is the fan trailer that I made.

I hope you enjoy the trailer. Feel free to leave feedback.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.