War of the Worlds

Discussion in 'Monroe and West Monroe, LA' started by mybad4990, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mybad4990 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi, guys it's been quite awhile since anyone has posted here, so i guess I'll go ahead and break the silence.

Is anyone planning on going to see War of the worlds tomorrow? if so, what time, because i was thinking we might be able to meet there.

2. TerranOvermind Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey, guys. Sorry I've been gone for so long. Since Episode III came out, I've had to rethink my life..."order 66 *sniff*". Naw, I've been really busy helping my sister get settled down where she's living. Anyway, don't think I'll be able to make it tomorrow for a showing, but I get off all day Friday. I plan on partaking of that show that afternoon. I'm glad to see all the positive reactions to ROTS. Finally, Star Wars gets some respect! took long enough.

You guys stay cool, and keep me on the up-and-up on get-togethers and such. Later!
  3. yodahs-daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I might be going to see it but I am not sure yet.
  4. Senator_Leia73 Force Ghost

star 4
    OMG I saw it! It is soooo cool! I definetly recommend it!
  5. mybad4990 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, i loved the movie,and i nearly crapped my pants the first time i heard the foghorn.

6. TerranOvermind Force Ghost

star 2
    Yeah, I saw it Friday night, and it definitely ranks up there with the coolness factor. From the first shot of the tripod standing there above the city streets, surveying the "vermin" below, I knew it was going to be something special.

Suspense doesn't usually affect me, as I'm the one trying to calm everyone else down :), but this one had me in a trance state, worrying about what's going to happen next, even knowing what the ending was going to be from watching the older versions. Felt like I needed an elephant tranquilizer to reduce the stress afterwards.

Artistically, I felt its strongest point was portraying that fellow human beings were more of a threat than the aliens themselves. The fight over the van and Tom Cruise's offscreen murder were especially poignant.

Finally, the most disturbing moment had to be when they showed the guy getting impaled, blood drained, and sprayed out as fertilizer. That really gave the aliens that cold, uncompassionate character that gave the "no more a war between men and maggots" line so much meaning). Tim Robbins' expression said it all.

Glad you enjoyed it! Fantastic Four comes out this week. Joy!

After a month and a half, STAR WARS is STILL in the top ten!!!
  7. Senator_Leia73 Force Ghost

star 4
    So the part where the bike falls on the alien I laughed so hard! I freaked out when the aliens went into the house [face_worried] ]-}
  8. DARTH_CONFEDERATE Force Ghost

star 5
    I saw it today, great movie that was. I really, really can't stand Tom Cruise, but that is one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
  9. Senator_Leia73 Force Ghost

star 4
    Are you serious?! :eek: I love Tom! Well me being a girl and all and loves 'Top Gun' that would make me a huge Tom Cruise fan :D
  10. DARTH_CONFEDERATE Force Ghost

star 5
    He's just some dumb pretty boy actor with an incredibly hot girlfriend. I have a real hard time liking any celebrities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.