main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mayhem, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Did anyone pick this up yet? If so what do you think so far?
    I'm probably picking it up this weekend(payday!)

2. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    If you see this thread jp-30, nevermind. ;)

Yes I did get the game, and it's pretty tough. The Noga (I think that's their name) are ridiculously strong against my weak Night Elves. Can't wait to play as Arthas...

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    havn't as yet, but will hopefully play it next week

4. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm installing it now.

5. Antilles58

Antilles58 TFNInteractive Games Programmer star 3 VIP

Jun 5, 2000
    I got it and did the first few levels. I can't enjoy it right now though, since I'm trying to get my internet connection on my laptop through a network through my current computer. It just doesn't want to cooperate, and its really starting to bug me.

If anyone knows ANYTHING about setting up networks in Windows XP so that I can use my DSL internet from my other computer (not the host) please send me a PM.

6. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    AssassinDroid21 use Druid of the claw in bear form and another one in elf form so that he can heal other units. The Naga aren't that strong.

I almost finished single player, I like the story a lot :)

But I like the orcish campaign the most :)

7. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I got it at Best Buy yesterday morning, got a FREE figure :D and Mailin $10

8. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Cool! What kind of figure? Was it just your store or are most Best Buys offering this?
    *loves free stuff* lol

I can't wait to pick this up. I keep hearing the Orc campaign is great. They're my second favorite race, next to the Undead.(still get my newbie butt kicked on Battle.net)

9. AssassinDroid21

Jun 6, 2002
    Now I'm at the level with the 30 minute countdown. Pretty tough... expecially with no Tyrande. :(

10. Antilles58

Jun 5, 2000
    I'm halfway through the human campaign right now. Its way cool. That mission with the 30 minute countdown was fairly hard, those Naga are really strong. (sort of spoiler but not really) Just wait til you get to use some later on ;) I can't get the internet to work still on my laptop, so no battle.net for me, though thats fine since i never was a big online player in war3.

11. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    I've finished the game.
    ---WARNING!! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!---

The story ends in such a way, that it is obvious there is room left for either WarCraft IV or another expansion pack.
    That is, Arthas frees Ner'zhul and puts on his helmet thus becoming one with the Lich.
    Sylvannas Windrunner is in league with another dread lord, and is separated from the rest of the undead. Illidan is slain by Arthas on the slopes of the Frozen Throne.
    Prince Kael of the Blood Elves has yet to be accounted for, probably in for a bigger role in the expansion/Warcraft IV.

---END OF SPOILERS---

Can't wait to try it out on Battle.net!!

12. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Wow, it all sounds cool. I thought about holding off til I got a little better with Reign of Chaos, but everyone keeps telling me to just get it. So I'll probably pick it up tomorrow or saturday since I work down the block from a new EB.

13. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i picked the game up at hastings midnight nelease party, and got a free action figure! considering that its a $15 figre i would say its worth it.

unfortunatly the DVD in my computer is being a screw ball and not reading CDs. but thats ok casue i got on the PHone an HP is sending me a new one (one of the heads must have failed).

but i am still really looking forward to a great gaming experiance.

14. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Well, I just picked it up at EB. No free figure, but I got a poster with it that has the signatures of the developers....and a one of the nice pics of Arthas.
    Now if only I wasn't stuck at work for the next 7 hours!!! ack the torture!

15. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    What was the figure you got? I just picked up a nice Dread Lord figure for $13 at the comic store near me here. They had Arthas and an Elf but they didn't look as good.

16. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    i got Arthas casue i dident think that the Tichonrious figure looked all that great, and the Elf was minor character that may of may not have died depending on how you play the last mission

17. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Awesome game so far. I haven't played much, but it looks cool. The custom battles seem alot harder now. I played Undead vs. Orc and had the Orc(comp) set on easy and they crushed me!
    The new Crypt Lord is cool, though he works best when combined with another hero.

18. AssassinDroid21

Jun 6, 2002
    I just beat the Human Level where the Blood Elves have to protect Illidan when closing the Demonic Gates, my final time was over 2 hours. At least you know this game will give you your moneys worth...

19. Antilles58

Jun 5, 2000
    That mission was really hard but really fun. It took me about 2 hours as well. First I went through and killed all the orc bases with my naga tanks and human spell casters, then I built some towers around each of the remaining 3 gates to kill the junk as they came out right into the middle of my army. It was cool.

20. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Wow. Cool beans. Looks like my prediction came true :)

I can't wait to get it...

21. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Did anyone play the secret level?

22. AssassinDroid21

Jun 6, 2002
    Secret level? Enlighten us.

23. Antilles58

Jun 5, 2000
    If you mean the human one where you have to build all the towers... yes I did. And it was insanely cool.

24. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Ooohhh... I really want this game... new heroes... new units... new items... so cool...

Secret level? Sounds interesting...

Cool beans...

25. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    How do you get this secret level? sounds like a tower builder match in BNet.

They should have had one w/ marines and zerg, maybe they would add a protoss model?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.