Tampa, FL Wardrobe Production

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Annya_Latoure2, Feb 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I am ready to get started on what ever we need for the film. Need to know what I am making, how many and what sizes. I can find the materials and patterns to do whatever we need and create new patterns if neccessary. I expect the Costume group to get together at the meeting on Saturday and start laying some groundwork for this movie.
  2. Lon_Blackstone Jedi Knight

Do we want this to be the "offical" costuming thread?
  3. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Works for me. I have patterns for most costumes and can alter what I have to work. Fundage and orders are the only thing keeping me on hold right now. I do want to make costumes that actually fit the persons who will be wearing them. I also want to have a collection of wardrobe that can be pulled in a pinch if we need that particular character for an activitiy i.e. movie shoot, convention, photo op, or public appearance of some sort. I also have many costumes I just want to make because they are beautiful.

Jason has given me some direction on what is currently needed for "DD" shoots. Just need to know who will be wearing the costumes and what their sizes are. What I did with my Star Trek club (and don't let me hear any rabble from the peanut gallery on my interest in the OTHER universes, I am a Bounty Hunter and WILL track you down and damage you...hehehehe) is to get everyoneone's measurements on 3x5 cards in a file for future reference so that whenever we needed what ever costume for so n so, we already had demensions to start with. I would like to get that going with everyone who may at some point be wearing a costume.
  4. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    I will available the Sunday after Megacon to get together for costuming or the Sat. eveing before that day.
  5. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Now that I have sufficiently recovered from blushing, taking the guys measurements, I am looking forward to a very productive day on the 14th of March at my house. You don't have to be a costumer to come over, just some one who wants to give us some input or learn some basic sewing techniques. The Costume & props group on theforce.net have some excellent tutorials and links to tutorials that really are helpful in design and construction. Check out there forum...I've been reading them for weeks now and have complied massive amounts of info from them. Please check them out.
  6. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    hehehehe, we've only just begun my dear. hehehehehe
  7. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    *High fives Ross*

~Neszis~
  8. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Would that be the work...or the play?
  9. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Both....I will bring machines on the 14th and some material supplies.
  10. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Mach 5...varooooom fly by!
  11. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Got a 50% off coupon for Joann's. Anyone want to make a quick trip to the fabric store Saturday afternoon before the movie? I have a super store right down the street from me.
  12. Smooth_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
  13. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Boy them are fighting words even if I do agree.(This year)Plus this is a wardrobe thread. If you have nothing to add to this topic post elsewhere.
  14. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This is a workshop so those in attendance WILL be contributing with either crafting or apprenticing. That includes submission of costume ideas and needs as well has having a go at the machines on a seam or two. It is good for everyone to have a basic knowledge in sewing such as threading a machine, laying a pattern or sewing on buttons and hems. You never know when you might have to whip something up for an event or do a repair on an exsisting costume. Looking forward to getting together.
  15. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Can you use some power strips and heavy duty extension cords? I have a couple that I can bring so we are not tripping over cords stretched across a room or walking area? Looking forward to this.

Also, still need a head count for breakfast brunch, so I know how much food to buy. So if you plan on coming please let us know so no one is left out or hungry.
    Thank you
  16. Lon_Blackstone Jedi Knight

I know of at least 4, possibly more (no kids)
  17. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    I plan to be attending, and maybe with my AD but I'm not sure if he's interested.

~Neszis~
  18. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My Alex, will be going to my aunts so that we won't have any little ones underfoot. You can bring your sewing machine if it is portable. I have lots of room, bring power strips if you got 'em and don't forget any pictures, patterns, materials etc. you got for contribution. Mark is going to bring his leather working stuff too and maybe we can get some utility belts done too. If you haven't already told Marie you are coming, please IM her or post here ASAP so we can buy viddles. You may also bring a covered dish if you like such as a potatoe casserole, biscuits, butter, juice, etc. Let Marie know what you are bringing so we can coordinate it. It is going to be a very productive day from the looks of it.
  19. JediZRissa Jedi Padawan

What time do we meet?

BTW, I can sew & do some pattern alterations. I'm also good at embroidery.

What costumes do we need for the fan film? I'm best with robes & tunics (except Imp. tunics--I can only seam them after they are cut & pinned/basted.) I can also do the "Endor commando" camo cloaks.
  20. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Knight

star 1
    I want to be a wookie... Who's going to make me THAT costume ;)

LOL
  21. Gov_Jade Jedi Knight

star 1
    So if you wanna be a wookie, does that make you Geekbacca? RRRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRAAARRRRRRRRR!
    ;)
  22. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so far I know of about 10 people for brunch at the costume workshop.....I do need to know how many by tomorrow evening. I am shopping on Friday evening on my way home from work and will not be able to shop again before Sun. morning...so please let me know tomorrow for sure.
    Thanks
  23. Lon_Blackstone Jedi Knight

I know of 4 poeple who will be attending, Linda, Ron, Lisa, and myself.
  24. JediZRissa Jedi Padawan

What time are we meeting on 3/14?
  25. Lon_Blackstone Jedi Knight

and can we get directions?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.