main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Warhammer 40k/Fantasy/ LoTR

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Wylding, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    So, I wanted to create a thread to discuss these mini's and was wondering also if any of you out there play any of these games.

I myself have a Chaos Space Marines army and I'm working on building a Tau army as well.

I've not delved into the Fantasy aspect of the Warhammer universe yet, but I suppose it's only a matter of time. As for Lord of the Rings...wow, I want to, but don't have the money right now.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    From what I understand and see Warhammer costs a ton as well. The minis can look great though!

3. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I have some LOTR and it is very cool.

If you need any help, ask me!

But yes it is very expensive.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Warhammer minis are very cool, in an overdone kind of way. I prefer the Necromantia figures--there are some slightly overdone, but they are the result of centuries of physical prowess darwinism and unknown drug/chemical/steroid alteration. Plus I run more sci-fi than fantasy games these days.
    All minis are fun to paint--even the cheezy 70s ral parthas.
    Hopefully, WotC's minis won't ever replace/destroy that hobby.

5. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    Yes, this is unfortunately quite true.

If their models/minis were a bit more reasonably priced, I think the hobby would have a TON more followers, but as it is....I don't see this changing at all.

I'm still working on my Tau Army. It's going to be almost all long distance shooting. I've got a two Kroot warrior squads and a Vespid Stingwing squad in there to provide for help if it comes to hand to hand combat, but if that's happening on a wide scale, my army is dead as it relies on mobility and fighting from a distance. Much like the modern American Strategic initiative is now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.