main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Warm Breeze in the Snow Storm-Vader leds the massacre of Naboo (Skywalkers galore) *A/N 01/04*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Aristo-nobi, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee [face_praying]
    we NEED an update

2. Tallyho7719

Tallyho7719 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    The gods of fan fiction hate me. Every single one of the stories I'm following is being authored by someone who has gone MIA. Why? :_| Why?! :_|

3. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    UPPIES! [face_praying]

[face_worried]...

4. Aristo-nobi

Aristo-nobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    In answer to you question, Tallyho7719, yes F.E.M.A. KIDNAPPED ME!!!

I was held in a dark dungeon with insane parrots, with nothing but cheez-its and gummy bears to eat. They played HORRIBLE music all day long!!! I was going crazy! [face_hypnotized] I had to take P.E. with Darth Vader! Then, worst of all, they gave me grammar lessons in Yodaish on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They even made me learn their theme song: "Good FEMA Is"!!! I had to escape!

I used my toothbrush bristles to dig a whole into wall, and I eventually got out. They're still looking for me, I think... 8-} don't tell them I'm here, please! [face_shhh] [face_praying]

;)

I know. I can't believe it either. I typed up the chapter so many times, only to loose it because we'd be moving or I'd have another meeting with so-and-so, and then I'd loose the brief internet connection that I'd had. :( Real life really stinks sometimes. I guess that's why we have fiction! [face_idea]

Well, after Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Rita, dozens of moves, no computers, no internet connections, three American states, grumpy relatives, F.E.M.A., migranes, and finally settling down...and a new hatred and respect for Mother Nature... I'm back. :) I am so very sorry for the delay.

I missed you guys very, very much.

Happy New Year! "No flood sticks in 2006!"

And so, in about 5 minutes-- I SWEAR, I PROMISE, I WILL UPHOLD-- You will have a chapter to read that is... oh my goodness :eek: ... 12 (on Microsoft Word) pages long.

Happy? [:D]

5. searth_99

searth_99 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2001
    YEAA!! She's back!! sounds like things are getting semi-normal again...

hope everythings gettin okay!

heheh don't worry, we can wait:p

6. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    A Warm Breeze in the Snow Storm

Echoed Reunion

"Well, I assume you're not here to rent the lodge out for the weekend."

He had loved her once for her cleverness and wit. Her tone had the perfect blend of sarcasm and sincerity. Despite himself, the corners of his lips tugged upwards just a little. "Well, the thought had crossed my mind once or twice."

A million thoughts were running rapidly through her head, but her voice sounded calm and tranquil as she continued, "It's the perfect season for it. Naboo is gorgeous this time of year."

"Naboo is always lush and beautiful... as are its native occupants."

She stiffened slightly, understanding his double meaning. "She's aged. Naboo isn't what it once was."

"If anything, I'm sure she has only grown more beautiful over the years." Vader's voice was slower and lower than usual. "Naboo has that wonder."

Now she was a still as a statue. "She has seen war, destruction, pain, and time. She is not as she once was."

Vader knew they weren't completely talking about Naboo anymore. "Chit chat can only go on for so long, Amidala. Sooner or later you are going to have to turn around and look at me."

"I'm quite a capable human being. I've fought in wars, I've fought politicians, I've fought monsters-- I've even fought monstrous politicians." He could clearly hear the bitterness in her tone. "With all of that in mind, I'm sure I can handle carrying on a conversation with my back to someone only a few yards away."

"But I can't handle it."

"Don't pretend to have a weak side. I've heard about your excursions across the galaxy. Oh, yes, even I watch the HoloNet. I'm still hoping for the day when I finally hear good news in the media."

"And tell me, Amidala--" Padmé flinched slightly. He was doing what Anakin used to do-- call her by her much more formal name instead of his favored and loved name. He used to do it when he wanted to distance himself from her even verbally, because his emotions were too fiery and abnormal to call her by the name he loved so much and was so vulnerable too. It happened during the worst of arguments, or when he was being extremely serious during an important conversation. Apparently, old habits die hard... or maybe just old lives die hard? He continued, "What would be your definition of good news?"

"The fall of this evil Empire." She said it as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

It had been so long since anyone had blatantly denounced the regime so directly to him. The bluntness of her statement and its unbreakable tone almost shook him.

"Ah, yes, well, you always did harbor passionate views with the governments you were under. Either something was wrong with it here, or something was wrong with it there--"

"This entire masquerade, this farce of a government-- the whole thing is wrong! It's tyranny!"

"The government is a well-operated machine--" Like me. "--and we are feared and respected."

"Fear is not respect. You are loathed, and it's only a matter of time."

Now he was curious. "Only a matter of time?"

Padmé stood straighter and her eyes narrowed, although he couldn't seem them. "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people. The mob is the most powerful thing in politics; they are the true,? she smirked, ?force.?

"I didn't travel all the way over here to bicker with you about politics."

"Really? And you didn't know that the subject of this atrocious empire of yours would eventually come up?? She panted, ?Well, you've certainly--"

"Naboo is especially breath-taking this time of year, isn't it?"

"As if that machine called your body could manage to skip an inhalation, much less appreciate a thing like beauty."

That stopped him, and he observed as her stone face immediately froze, melted, and showed a mixture of surprise and shame. Her hand flew to her mouth, as if to stop the words that had already passed from her lips. He, on the other hand, was used to hearing insults f

7. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Hmm...

You know when I first saw your PM I had to think for a second who Aristo-nobi was. But after a moment I immediately remembered this story.

What a great interaction between Padme and Darth Vader. I got a little hopeful there that something would happen when Padme embraced Vader after faking a suicide attempt. There was so much tension between the two it made me nervous just sitting here reading it.

I see that you haven't lost your touch and I hope that your updates aren't as long as this previous one.

Thanks for the update it was great!

8. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh, of course I'm still interested! And what a great chapter - the Vader/Padme confrontation we were all waiting for!! I'm glad that over all the years apart, they can still push each other's buttons so well, but still have love (or some semblance of it) for each other.

Happy new year!

jazz

9. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    First off, thank you for the PM. [:D]

You know, I actually was just inching the scroll bar down, afraid what would come next after each sentence.

Great to have you back, Aristo-nobi! This update was superb! I loved the intense verbal sparing/poetry mixed with the roller-coaster of emotions.

Great Job! =D=

Next update soon? [face_batting] ;)

Happy New Year!

10. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Thank you for the early New Year's present. I know that this year has been a tough one for you. I hope 2006 is much better.

On the other hand, this was a great chapter. There was so much tension between the characters. I wonder if Padme will tell him??

Glad to see that you are posting again.
    thanks for the pm. Please keep me on the list.

11. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    You updated!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I was so happy to see that this had been updated. You are a wonderful writer, and this is such an amazing story!

The conversation between Padme and Vader was very well done. You could hear from both of them that they wished things could have gone differently, and yet, they seem to accept that they have both changed greatly.

I can't wait for the next part! [:D]

I hope that F.E.M.A. doesn't kidnap you again. :)

God bless, and happy new year! :)

Ani-maniac

12. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Glad to have you back!!!!!! The update was awesome, you haven't lost your touch. Vader/Anakin is so conflicted, hopefully Padme will be able to help him see "the light" again.

Please keep me on your PM list!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

13. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Nice use of V for Vendetta.

I liked it, it was very powerful.

More soon!!

14. Darth_Vastor

Darth_Vastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2005
    You've been gone for a while, but what a way to make a return! That chapter was excellent in every sense of the word.

I particularly enjoyed their verbal sparring and the points that each managed to hammer home. Padme was so close to reaching Anakin, you could sense it.

Thank you for the PM. I'll be reading this for sure.

15. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Whew, I'm exhausted! What an update - when you come back, you do it with a vengence, huh? =D=

I'm really enjoying your story - it's so intense... so emotional! It grabs you and won't let go!!

I'm on the edge of my seat - don't leave us for too long! I don't know how I'd handle it! ;)

16. Yorkshire-Gal

Yorkshire-Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Oh My God!

That was just fab, speechless honestly i cant belive you posted i nerley gave up all hope. Fantastic new years present that.

I wonderd how long it would take them to broach the subject of Luke and Leia, and i just loved reading how Padme felt at that moment, her exact fear and scared enough to even make herself faint (or pretend to)

Thankyou so much for posting :)

17. callmesweet16

callmesweet16 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I'm so happy that you updated again!!!!!

Great Post!!!! I hope Padme will be alright!!!

18. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Of course I'm still interested in your fic! :)

Wow! You did not disappoint your readers with your update.
    Very intense chapter between Vader and Padme. I can sense
    the anger but also the love that they still feel for each other.

Excellent post Aristo-nobi! =D= This was worth the wait. :)

Please PM me again when you update. :)

19. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, talk about good writing! I am blown away! The tension between the two was awesome... the bickering, the debating... Padme almost jumping over the balcony was ingeneious! and now the babies... what will come of that?

20. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Thank you everyone for such kind reviews! I'm absolutely flattered by your remarks, truly. [:D]

Well, a couple of hours ago, I started a post which was composed of all of my individual replies to the very generous reviews. I wrote paragraph after paragraph to each individual, and I had a lot of fun doing it, too. I was on the last one... almost done... and... damn technology!
    :mad: [face_frustrated] :mad: [face_frustrated]
    I did something unknowingly with my mouse, and the end result was loosing all that I'd typed. AHHH! I lost all my typed up stuff.

I've been so mad at my computer that I've been to angry to touch it ever since.

*mumbling* Anger leads to hate... hate leads to :_|

Sorry for the ramble. ;) I'll get the replies to your super-duper reviews up ASAP. [face_peace]

21. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    LORDVIGILANCE - Thanks! You forgot about me? :( :_| *blows tissue* ;) Nah, just kidding! Thanks for the great review!

Jazz_Skywalker - Hello again Jazz! I'm so pleased to hear that you are still interested. I always look forward to your replies, either on fanfiction.net or here on the boards. [:D] Happy New Year!

Galactic_Girl - You're very welcome. :) You scroll the toolbar down inch by inch too? I do that when I'm really into a good story, so I'll take that as a huge compliment!! Thanks!

Amidala66 - Happy New Year! I hope this is a great year for everybody-- completely empty of hurricanes (I hope they drain the Gulf of Mexico, actually...), tornados, floods, blizzards, earthquakes, and anything else Mother Nature feels like throwing at us. Thank you for your kind words, and I'm very pleased that you liked the chapter!

Ani-manic - I updated! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] It's so wonderful to hear from you again! :D You said in your review exactly what one of my goals was for the chapter ("You could hear from both of them that they wished things could have gone differently, and yet, they seem to accept that they have both changed greatly"). F.E.M.A. will never kidnap me again! I have Darth Vader as my bodyguard this time! MUAUAHAHAHAHA!

HandmaidenVeme - Happy New Year to you too! As for Padme helping him to see the light again... [face_thinking] :D I guess we'll just have to wait and see... [face_alien_1]

Eirate_rules - =D= Yay! I was hoping that someone would pick up on it. It's just such a great line! And Natalie's in Vendetta, and she's in Star Wars, and A/P were debating over politics... I could resist. [face_batting]

Darth_Vastor - Thank you! I absolutely love writing V/A/P sparring matches, so I'm very glad that you enjoy reading them. The fluffy stuff is fun to write too, but I just can't wait to write the arguing stuff. There's just so much history and complex stuff to delve into with this characters!

VA_Parky - Lol, you're exhausted?! :D That's great to hear, because I was certainly exhausted when I finished writing it! :) ...Coming back with a "vengence", huh? [face_thinking] I like that. [face_mischief]/O:)

Yorkshire-Gal - [:D] Thank you so much for such a lovely review! [face_blush] I'm flattered and that you enjoyed the chapter so much, and I hope you enjoy the rest of it too! Thanks again! I always look forward to reading your replies.

callmesweet16 - First of all, OH MY GOODNESS, I am IN LOVE with your new icon. Fabulous! And thank you very much for such a kind review! As for Padme... you might wanna wish her luck. She's going to need it... Love the icon!

JediArym - Yay! It's great to hear from you again! Thank you for such a wonderful review. I will absolutely PM you... which should be very, very, very soon. :D

bobilll - bobill! Hello again! Once again, your review is most flattering. Thank you. I'm so glad to see that you are still interested in this roller-coaster of a story-- I hope I can continue to keep you hooked all the way through! :)

The next chapter will be up this year. This month. This week. Today. Like.... in the next hour. :D

Stay tuned to a computer screen near you...

22. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hmm ... what will happen next? Looking forward to more!

23. Tallyho7719

Tallyho7719 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2005
    Thank the gods you escaped from FEMA! *hee* Wonderful update. Love the interaction between Vader and Padme, it really makes me wish you wrote this as a Vaderkin fic (Vader without the suit *sigh*). But I love it this way too! I'm a bit concerned about the end of this chapter though. Does this mean there is no Luke and Leia? Say it ain't so, say it ain't so!!

Tallyho

24. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Dally - *plays suspenseful music* "What will happen next?" Only time will tell, my friend. ;)

Tallyho - Thanks the gods indeed! ;) I prevailed over FEMA with my trusted, handy dandy non to fancy toothbrush. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    A Vaderkin fic, eh? [face_thinking] I actually have one of those in stock here... it's totally an "in progress story" (I've put it on the back burner until this one is finished). It's got a Sithy, yet whole Anakin and a very pregnant Padme. It's called Realizations. Just PM me if you want the summary and/or the link. :) Did that come off as shameless self-promoting? I'm not sure... :confused: O:) [:D]

Here's and interesting thing. Tallyho7719, if you dropped the 'ho7719', you and Dally's names would rhyme. :cool: :D

UPDATE ON THE... ah, UPDATE: I have (I think) a last minute beta reader. That's good news! It means you'll get an even better chapter! Regardless of when she gets back to me, the chapter is going up today.

[face_praying]

[u][i][b]EDIT[/b][/i][/u]

Here's the next chapter. Oh, by the way, in the first part when the story is all in [i]italics[/i], the words in [b]bold [/b] are meant to be either thoughts or very stressed words.

Enjoy...

25. Aristo-nobi

Jun 7, 2002
    Giving thanks when thanks are due: A heartfelt "thank you" to Jazz_Skywalker, who was kind enough to be a last minute advisor for me on a tricky part in the chapter. Thanks are certainly due to this person who was able to un-confuse the writer when the writer was confused about her own chapter! Thanks Jazz! [:D]

[b][i]A Warm Breeze in the Snow Storm[/i]

Sonic-windows[/b]

[i]A fortunate characteristic about sonic-windows was their ability to eliminate any outside noise from getting in. They dutifully proved a flawless sound-proof barrier between the deafening Coruscant traffic lanes and the cozy arenas of citizens? apartments that towered above the planet. The buildings could be surrounded by boisterous travel on all sides, but no audible proof existed if the sonic-windows were in place. It was especially nice to have when the Senator of Naboo had important meetings in her elegant living room, for no sound got [b]out [/b] of the apartment as well. There was no product available that could penetrate the material to listen in on conversations held in the sitting rooms, making it, of course, standard for all politicians? residences and offices. Very nicely, it also added to the illusion that the inhabitants were the only people in the world.

A very handsome, though perhaps not very innocent, young man was presently lying on the golden sofa situated in the living room with his wife. They were snuggled up against the right arm of the rather comfortable couch. The young woman with an old soul had positioned herself cradled in his secure arms, her lower torso strung over his lap as she looked up at him. Her head was nestled on the arm of the sofa, and her chocolate curls spilled over her lover?s shoulder lazily.

The conversation was light and playful, and the late-morning sunshine basked their faces in a heavenly and happy glow.

?Admit it, Anakin. You worship that star fighter. If that thing was a woman you would marry her instead of me. Good luck with the wedding?probably couldn?t get through the vows! You can?t live without that thing and the freedom of flying through space.? Padmé knew her husband very well, and she delighted in that fact.

He broke into a wider smile. ?Are you implying that I?m [b]needy[/b]??

Padmé only giggled mischievously in reply.

?You are much more fun to lay with on a couch than a star fighter, my dear.?

Padmé pretended to cheer in triumph. ?Finally! The answer to the question that I have pondered all my life: am I more fun to lie with than a star fighter? Thank you, Anakin, for answering my life?s dilemma.? Even as he gave her a mock bow, well, as much as he could while sitting down with her trapping him under her petite body at the waist, her smile faded somewhat as she remembered something she?d rather forget. ?Anakin, soon? I have a meeting.?

?Cancel it.?

?Ani...?

?Cancel it. You know you want to.?

?I can?t. I have to put on this very elaborate,? she waved her hands theatrically, ?show to convince the Landscape Committee about upgrading those conditions on Re?Ker. Some politicians need so much persuasion.?

Anakin?s eyes grew darker. ?I can help you put on a show.?

?Ani?? she warned, tilting her head knowingly. The sparkle in her eyes grew brighter.

?It?ll be quiet an [b]elaborate [/b] show, I assure you. One those uptight dignitaries would certainly not forget.?

Padmé was turning pink. ?Anakin!? She swatted at him. He caught her hand and kissed it, then proceeded to interlock his fingers with hers. He very slowly, very smoothly began to bend her hand backwards at the wrist, staying well within the pain-free realm. He raised an eye brow to accompany his ministrations.

?Maybe it?ll even be flexible. Where did that table that used to be in here get moved to??

?[b]Anakin Skywalker![/b]? Surprised, and blushing so hard that her face was now bright red, Padmé tried to shuffle her bodyweight in an attempt to flee Anakin?s clutches. But his hold on her remained firm, yet gentle.

?Oh,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.