main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Warming Up (L/M vignette; also one of the Temperature series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    BREAKING THE ICE! BREAKING THE ICE!

**waves hand for attention** Can I beta? Can I beta? Pleeeease. (Next week, that is. I know how fast you can whip these things out.)

2. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Hmmm... I think the public picked up on the idea Oba! [face_devil] You write so well though, that I HAD to afflict you with the plot bunny! :D

A-hem...
    Rivad leads the crowds of Luke/Mara fans...
    Breaking the Ice! Breaking the Ice :D

3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    LianaMara: Thanks! :D Uh . . . I did bring together things from all three? I mean, yes! :p I?m good. :cool: I?m glad you think so, anyway. I was a bit worried about it being more serious, considering the tone of the others, but I think it turned out to be a good viggie regardless. I?m so glad I got sweetness in there, though! Can you imagine if Luke had reacted badly? Probably give me dozens of pages to write to fix it . . .

Sympathy for Mara? Good ? that was sort of the intended effect. I kind of wanted to explore her past and how that would affect her relationship with Luke. Now if I could only get Su, the Mara hater, to be sympathetic . . . As for sequels, note at bottom. ;)

Emmi: *thwacks*

RebelMom: My plot bunnies say ?you?re welcome?. :) ;) And thank you! :D More bunnies? Send?em, then. [face_mischief] See note for sequel/prequel/whatever information.

JainaDurron: Many thanks. :)

Gabri_Jade: Why, thank you. ;) And yes ? Mara is supremely confident in things she is experienced in. But she knows better than to be confident in things she has little or no experience in . . . combine that with the emotions that everyone is vulnerable to, and bam! Emotionally distressed Mara. And aye, I try to be very in-character. ;) Actually, I just wanted to add some humor to counter all the seriousness. :p

- That is one of the sweetest things I've ever read, either in fanfic or pro.

[face_blush] [face_blush] Trust, I think, is one of the foundations of their relationship ? and it has to be, considering their pasts. Thanks again. ;) And yes, I know, I know. See note at bottom about Breaking the Ice.

Benjor45: I loved them both. Though, the latter one more, admittedly. :p Death threat, eh? Are you saying you want one? See note at bottom. ;)

Rivad_Bacar: *dies laughing* [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Bri: I?m still thwacking you. [face_plain] See note.

Jedi-2B: Aye, you may beta! :D Totally, absolutely, THANK YOU! Hehe. :p See note for how fast I whip.

Rivad_Bacar: You not only get the public stirred up, you avoid a death sentence. *sigh* Lucky . . . *remembers this is JC* Eh. You know what I mean. :p And thank you. :D

Author?s Note: YES, already. Breaking the Ice is confirmed. I will be doing it. However, due to the fact that I strained a neck muscle and I shouldn?t really be typing a whole lot *looks at replies guiltily*, it may be a while. Jedi-2B, that?s good news for you. ;) I won?t be able to whip it up so fast.

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    obaona: However, due to the fact that I strained a neck muscle and I shouldn?t really be typing a whole lot *looks at replies guiltily*, it may be a while.
    You and I seem to have something in common then. I strained my neck playing basketball and got a mild concusion yesterday and I shouldn't be on either. How'd you strain yours? I hope it gets better soon. :)

J&J

5. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    In my sleep. :p Yes, that's how I got it. *is talented*

*is very talented* ;)

Anyway, ouch. A concussion? I just have a strained neck. Hope you feel better soon. :) *hugs* :D

6. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *giggles*

It was worth a thwack, oba! More viggie goodness! Muwahahahaha!

7. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Why am i the only one to get the stern face?! :confused: :eek:

Oh, 8-} to you!!!

:::sends cyber-meds from LP's stash for the pain:::

HUGGIES!!! ;) :D

::Windstar Out::

8. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    oba- Yay! Breaking the Ice is a go! :D

Don't overexert yourself, dear. We want you nice and healthy again, so you can create mucho lovely viggies. :p

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *pats Bri, sticks tongue out, and runs*

10. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    On three:

One, two...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :D

(btw, the closet 'shipper = back :p )

Excellent, excellent- I think this is the only non-humor, more sweetness vig in the Temperature <**snicker**> series :)

[face_love]

(Hugs to oba)

11. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    In my sleep. Yes, that's how I got it. *is talented*

*laughs* Oh, oba. In your sleep? You're definitely talented. :p Poor thing. *hugs* Have some cyber chocolate. Chocolate helps everything. :D I don't mind if Breaking the Ice takes a while. I'm just happy it'll be done. :D

12. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Wow! So sweet and romantic oboana.

13. The_Good_Twin

The_Good_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2003
    Aaaawwwwwwww, that was so sweet!
    - As if it could be anything else if it?s a vignette by obaona! :D

She didn?t admit to him how she feared one day she would be cut off from his warmth, that one day she would go back to the cold life she had been living, and now that she knew what warmth really was, it would be just endless suffering for her. She feared, privately and only at times she had to herself, that she would mess this up. Luke had seemed to fall in love with her so easily.- I think for someone like Mara, it?s very realistic to think something like that. And how you wrote this really matches her character. :)

?You know,? Luke said dryly, ?your saying that is kind of like you expecting me not to answer a rhetorical question.?
    Mara gave a thin, dry laugh. Luke often had that problem, and she had teased him mercilessly about it.
    - LOL [face_laugh] Oh my, that?s so funny and cute..heheheh :D

:D :D

Edit: Oh no, I missed the pestering for Breaking the Ice! I really have to reply faster the next time! ;) :p

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    As if it could be anything else if it?s a vignette by obaona

She didn't read Way of the Dead or Of Endings, did she?

15. The_Good_Twin

The_Good_Twin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 6, 2003
    She didn't read Way of the Dead or Of Endings, did she? - Oh yes, I did! :D :p But I meant especially a vignette of the Temperature Series [face_blush]

And if there is something that I love even more than a cute L/M story, it's a dark L/M story! [face_devil] :D :p

:D

16. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Emmi . . . the gloating makes me want to thwack you more. [face_plain]

Bri, I have no idea! :p Coincidence? Yep, methinks. :p And *HUGGIES*! :D

LianaMara: Aye, exactly!! :D :D :D Thanks! :D

Emmi, act like an adult! 8-}

Saber-of-Light: AWWWW . . . :p Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying! And enjoying enough you're not lurking! :p And aye, it is. And can I take that snicker to mean you like the series title? ;) *HUGS :D

Gabri: Thanks. :D *hugs* *has cyber chocolate* Okay, so even it takes a while . . . you'll be happy? Whew! :p

J_M_Bulldog: Thank you! :)

The_Good_Twin: [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you! And aye, you missed the pestering. Does this mean next time I'll have even more people pestering me?! :eek: Oy! :eek:

Emmi: That's it. *thwacks*

The_Good_Twin: [face_blush] Thank you! :D Dark is good. ;) Hehehe . . . *gets dark thoughts for Breaking the Ice . . .

Just kidding. ;)

17. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Get better soon! :D

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Take your time and get well. I'll be waiting when you're ready. Use your time off from the computer to think up 'Breaking the Ice' in your head (or write it on old-fashioned paper) -- or do you already have the whole plot thought up?

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great, obaona!! That was something that I have no doubt Mara did go through...Way to go for Luke to be there for her!!!

20. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Rivad_Bacar: Thank you! :D

Jedi-2B: I had no plot in mind, and no, I do it on the computer (I swore when I was eleven I wouldn't write until I could type - and I didn't until four years later). See A/N note, though. ;) :D

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thank you. :) Aye, I'm glad you think it's realistic! :D And of course Luke is there for her. ;) He's Luke! ;)

Author's Note: I wrote Breaking the Ice. I'm going to edit it a bit more, add some things, then bug Jedi-2B to beta. ;) It's currently 6 pages long, and I expect it to be about a page longer by the time I'm done. :)

21. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    How on earth did you know that this was exactly what I needed to read right now. Wonderful introspection on Mara's part about herself and Luke. There's acknowledgement about faults, but moving on and "warmth". This was excellent!

22. Rivad_Bacar

Nov 7, 2002
    Woo-hoo! She wrote it, she wrote it! Breaking the Ice is written! :D I can't wait!!! :D

23. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    joy_noel: Um, I read your mind? :p Thanks! :D I'm glad you like it. And aye, I had such a time trying to get the temperature thing in there. :p

Rivad_Bacar: Aye. ;) :D I just PM'ed Jedi-2B. ;) :D

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *bounces happily* :D :D :D

25. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    *giggles*

Gabri . . . :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.