main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WARNING: Action-Figure.net (FRAUD)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BigL, Mar 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigL

BigL Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    I put this warning out to prevent any further abuse of the public by this company. Once purchased online the innocent customer has an impossible task in communicating with the company and so gaining any kind of recourse for this apparent theft. Thank you for your attention. BE WARNED!

Below is a list of the persons they have taken payment from and not delevered action figures to. Action-Figures.net are being investigated at this time by the New Jersey Weights and Measures but will continue to abuse internet customers if we allow them. Do not allow them! BE WARNED!!!!

Edit by Neck: Removed names from post....

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    BigL,
    Are you sure you're not violating people's privacy by posting those names here??

3. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I'll allow this to stay as a warning to a fellow collector to be warned about dealing with this site, but I have removed the names from your list.

4. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    geez that sucks that people would take advantage of poor Star Wars collectors. POOR being the key word there.

5. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    geez that sucks that people would take advantage of poor Star Wars collectors.

Don't make fun of Hasbro like that ;)

6. BigL

BigL Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Hi. Yes I had a nasty expereince and am attmepting to achieve some kind of refund but living in Europe am having diffculty finding anyone in the USA to get someone at State level to put these guys down or even get a refund!!! The sum was too small to begin any cros jurisdictional case.

Anyhow ill just stress again, DO NOT BUY FROM ACTION-FIGURES.NET. They will do you over if they get a chance.

7. BigL

BigL Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Oh yeah and to answer a query afore mentioned. All those that I posted on my list have given me explicit permission to advertise thier names in any attempts I may make in publicising or otherwise furthering our case.

If anyone would like to see some proof of this or some of the amusing dialougues of evasive emails then just message me.

Also if anyone knows of any official I could write to or department I would be appreciate the US support.

Regards

BigL

8. Darth-Clossinius

Darth-Clossinius Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I second this person when they say AF.Net is a fraud.

I ordered Buffy figures from them on christmas day, and on the friday after, got an email saying they were backordered.

ALL the figures I ordered from them were taken off their website.

I contacted them over when my order would ship and when the items would come back in stock...No response.

Then I emailed them on Jan 10 or 11, and asked them the status of my order.

No response.

I emailed them on Jan 19, 20, 21.

No response.

Someone at the Moore Action Collectibles board gave me an email address to use for them, e@action-figure.net

supposedly its the "managers" email.

I got a response from that address and I asked where my figures were and why no emails were answered.

They said BS along the lines of "Your email program will not accept our emails" and "we have emailed you for a month to no response."

Its pretty funny that no emails from customer service come thru my inbox, but that "e@action-figure.net" does...

anyway, on feb 5th or so they shipped my items...I recieved them on valentines day...

CHRISTMAS DAY to VALENTINES DAY is how long it took to recieve my figures. IMHO that is atrocious customer service. I should have got a damn extra figure for waiting that long....

Whatever though...don't deal with them anymore, ANYONE.

I strongly advise avoiding them...

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BigL and others who have been scammed:
    Although I live in the UK, I am from the US. I took a look online for you at the New Jersey Government listings, and the following page might interest you:
    Office of Consumer Protection , in particular the E-Commerce Investigative Unit. If you haven't already gotten in touch with them, you might want to forward your information to see if they will take action.
    I also suggest you copy the New Jersey Better Business Bureau on any correspondance.

10. BigL

BigL Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Hey thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I lost $76, so not a great amount but still its the principle.
    I have sent many letters to Jersey and nothing seems to be done about it. Unfortunately cros jurisdictional complaints are difficult to rectify!!

Thanks for all the responses, oh and to anyone new to this thread

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM ACTION-FIGURES.NET

THEY ARE A FRAUDULET COMPANY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF INNOCENT FANS!!

11. RyanS

RyanS Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2003
    Hey everyone, I'm new here though I'm not new to collecting Star Wars. Anyways, I decided to post here because someone linked to this thread from a Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figure forum... I've had the same problem with this action-figures.net company. I had ordered a Buffy figure way back in August (along with some other stuff which I did receive), was charged for it, but never received it or a refund. I have emailed and called them (long distance!) too may times to count, and have received replies only a few times. Those few replies promised a refund after a certain amount of time.

After waiting nearly SEVEN MONTHS I eventually got so pissed that I contacted the Better Business Bureau to get this settled. Basically that didn't work; I just got a letter a few days ago. The first sentence is: "Your complaint on subject firm remains unanswered, according to our records, and will become a part of their permanent file for reporting purposes."

They gave me conact info for Consumer Affairs in New Jersey... haven't tried it yet but I will. First I'll try that link provided a few posts above this, along with the usual slough of emails I send to this rotten company every few days. Their customer service sucks.

If anyone wants to read others' complaints / resolved matters (yes amazingly some people have gotten their problems worked out), check this thread on the Moore Forum:

Moore Forum thread

So, take it from yet another extremely dissatisfied and enraged customer: STAY AWAY FROM ACTION_FIGURES.NET!

12. garret

garret Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2003
    I am also a victim of fraud by this irresponsible online company. They currently owe me over $200 in purchases and have ignored my every attempt in trying to get in touch with them.

13. BigL

BigL Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2003
    Here is an update of the illeagal operations of Action-figures.net

I have gathered soething like 50 complaints from persons having been abused by this company in the last 5 months. None of these have recieved neither goods nor word.

Let me stres to you all again. This company is ACTING CRIMINALLY. They are breaching contracts and misreprsesting their service. Not only this but they are illegally detracting funds from honest person's accounts. This warning should be paid particular attention by citizens outside of the USA as monies are never recovered in these cases.

There is very little the New Jersey Better Buisiness Beareau can do for international complainees. So be warned fellow collector!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.