MOD Warning: Double Posts

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Bazinga'd, Jul 2, 2014.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    See above. But I will reiterate that in a situation like that, I am inclined to let the double post go. @FARK2005
    Sudooku likes this.
  2. darth car Jedi Knight

star 1
    Um just a question i double/triple post on this forum and would like to know if can actually delete the post or just have to edit them together. :confused:
  3. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5
    Within an hour of the post you can delete or edit your post. After that only a mod can do either
  4. darth car Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, thanks Bazinga'd i actually did't even know if i could even delete them.
  5. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The only thing I never got into was the editing limit. Sometimes, I was forced to double post after just missing that window. On other forums, there's more justified grounds to discourage double posting because the original post can always be edited and the new part added in afterwards. Though I do agree that you can easily distinguish between productive double posting (bumping an old topic with an important update), and abusive double posting (clearly post count padding). I'm also curious how much of an issue editing abuse was before the limit. Facebook probably has the best system, where you can easily see the history (and see if someone completely changed what they said).
  6. Bazinga'd SWC/PT/ Spinoff Manager -Destroyer of Spam

Manager
    star 5

I think the editing time limit had a lot to do with non-abusive double posting. We recently changed the edit time limit (on this forum) to an hour and it seems to have cut back on the double posting significantly. Also if the thread is "quiet" for a long period of time, i.e., several hours or days, I am less likely to be concerned with double posting. Unfortunately, there is some subjectivity involved in determining what is and what isnt an abusive post.
    Last edited by Bazinga'd, Aug 12, 2014
Moderators: Bazinga'd