main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* WARNING * Mature themes within -- Rainbow stickers and lightsabers, Challange issued!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millenium_dove

millenium_dove Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I don't write gay OC's mostly because I don't like writing OC's in the first place. But I've made a cannon character or two gay, but posted the stories on a different site.

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Okay... my guilt finally got the better of me... [face_blush]

I didn't mean to write Alema hitting on Tahiri... I didn't even notice I'd done anything odd or dangerous in writing it...

But no-one else seemed to notice, either - I blinked first, and that was a month or two later...

If any Mods are still reading this... maybe they should take a dekko? Maybe they have, and didn't notice anything wrong either... [face_worried] :p

However - and I think this is an important point - Alema being at least flirtatiously interested in Tahiri (or in Anakin trapped in her body) is just humanity in action, just characterization. It emphatically doesn't reflect any lifestyle agenda or sexual definition, on my part or the character's. I'd say there's a sharp difference between the possibility of what we could crudely reduced down to "same-sex attraction", and the sociopolitical baggage...

Alema has a dancer's professional appreciation for the lithe female form, a voracious appetite (Jacen, I suspect, flushed her stash down the 'fresher, and good riddance to it, too), a pugnacious sense of fun, and she's fond of (scaring) Tahiri and still sweet on Anakin... that's all it is, really, and that's all canonical. So, in my own defence, I'd argue that there's not actually anything slashy in that scene - it's just a combination of entirely unproblematic, straightforward character points, made into a Haggis by an Ewok...

No? :p

- The Imperial Ewok

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

OK ok, I get the idea... [face_blush]

Let me think of something that keeps it TOS/FAQ freindly - sadly, because of the nature of this topic, the challange is going to have to be a tad more restrictive than usual but that just means you'll have to think harder. I'm also open to PM suggestion, even though I have a pretty good idea in the vaugest outline right now, I just want to word it properly. I'm not interested in making our moderators have to work over time;)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

A dekko??? And if we weren't reading it before, we will now huh? ;)

Very much appreciated. [:D]

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, Here you go:

The rules are simple;

Within the Guidelines (Ie OC only) Write a fic with a character of 'another sexual persuation'. They don't even have to be Human! (although due to the fact that many of the main sentiants are at least humanoid there's a lot of potential). It can be funny, or dramatic, any era, any leangth. If there is enough interest, we'll start a thread in each of the era's (I'll handle the SAGA, but if you wish to run the ByTS or BfTS post here, first two get it!) An OC of NO defined gender was suggested once... there's a thought.

The catch;

ONE of the characters must be at least bi-sexual, and human - by this I mean, no rediculas stereo types. No lisps, no *snap snap snap girlfriend!*
    No guys with girly squeals. o_O

I'm trusting you guys.

The title of the challange thread will be Mature themes Challange responce; Charge of the Rainbow Brigade

Starts on WENSDAY, August 10th!

Make me proud!

6. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    We'll make you proud! :D

7. Luthe

Luthe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    I've got a plot bunny all ready! *dances in glee*

8. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Hobbie canonically has a girly scream...?

*eyes him*

*cough*

Muah. I think I already have an OC for this, I've just never written him before, really. Well, what better way to start? :D

9. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Hobbie canonically has a girly scream

[face_laugh]

I'm looking forward to reading your works! :)

I'm still working on my OC. But I got an idea last night. [face_thinking]

10. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    :p

It's true!

All right, presumably this character doesn't have to be the main character... now to just think of a decent plot...

(...wait. I write plots?)

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Breezy, can you start a thread in each Saga for Mature themes so we can keep challenge entries together? :) Just put the proper warnings and stuff that did for this thread.

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
  13. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks Breezy [:D]

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I decided I should be the one to post this here because I am the mod who didn't quite understand the rules. First, I love this challenge. But because the owners have been quite specific, we must all honor their wishes. There may be some question as to what will constitute an acceptable response to this unique challenge, given the guidelines. Simply, "allusions and innuendo are permissible, so long as they remain ambiguous and are in reference to original characters." The characters' sexuality should not be stated overtly. I understand if you're confused; I've already shown that I was! But if you have any doubt, please contact a mod before posting your response. Thank you and my apologies for my own error.

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I think you should get forty lashes... with a wet noodle. :p[:D]

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Lashing with wet noodles, is that TOS approved??? That could be listed in torture... or ould that be spankings??? :D :D

17. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    If my favorite Jedi will take care of that, sign me up! :D

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    It will have to be Obi-Wan as Anakin is busy. [face_devil]

:p[:D]

19. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'll live with that! o_O

20. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    40lashes? I thought there was a limit to how horrible we could be. Those wet noodles can really sting!

21. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    After the third, you have to fade to black, right?

22. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

Yep.. and I do hope the emptyness of the threads is only due to everyone working like mad.... [face_worried]

(Mine is slooooooooooowly coming)

23. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I wanted to write one, but I know I wouldn't be able to stay within the guidelines. [face_blush] Looking forward to your offering, Breezy. :)

24. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    I started mine... then realised I had no idea how to make it work properly for the idea I'd come up with...

...but I will write one!

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    But she's an Equal Opportunity Lover. Just throw anything male that's wearing a Jedi tunic at her, and she'll be properly disciplined. :D

I didn't realise how hard this challenge would be! Subtlety takes a lot of effort. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.