main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC WARNING - New Craigieburn Bypass

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JD Jedi, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    For any of those in the northern areas...."Lets be careful out there"

The new bypass has TWO spots with speed cameras:

Amaroo Road bridge and O'Herns Road bridge, both having camera sets facing NORTH AND SOUTH.

For those of you who make it up this far, there's also one (been there for awhile) heading south, immediately before the Wallan-Whittlesea Road bridge.

FYI

JD

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    How about..................just don't speed!

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Excellent. I'm all for using VicFF for getting out of speeding fines. :p

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Mixo don't be silly it is every driver's god given RIGHT to act like a fool and then blame the government when they get penalised for unsafe behaviour.

Because it's not like they were caught doing something WRONG, was it? It's just a lot of revenue raising like they say in the radio, isn't it? Bloody government.

5. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    If anyone knows where the cameras in the Commonwealth bank building in Bourke Street is, can you please post a thread? I also need the code for the vault. Thanks!

Edit: Wait. Where the hell is Craigieburn?

6. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    South of my place.

7. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Where do you live again?

8. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Where's your place?

You've touched a touchy issue Kanez, and one which I will not hesitate to VENT MY SPLEEN a la the Herald Sun 50/50.

Freeways should not be 100 zones, it's a farce, nigh, a TRAVESTY. How can a four lane freeway be 100 km/h and a narrow windy country road be 100 at the same time? There is no sense to this. While the Monash should remain 100km/h because of its high truck traffic and accidents a relatively light freeway with few incidents like the Eastern or Frankston should be 110, and a Pt Leo Rd should be 80km/h. Consistent, yes! Oh, Bolt is magnificent when he says that unis are full of rubbish and Bracksy you are silly with your silly stupid tolls boo hoo. -Frank, Quite, Narre Warren, VIC

9. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Just North of Craigeburn. :)

10. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
  11. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Yes PoT. Fed up am I with "oh man those pigs nabbed me doing 70 in a 60 zone" etc. People the law is working for you! Just stop breaking it and then complaining. As a wise man once said "If you can't do the time then don't do the crime!" So far i have never had a speeding fine from 12 years or so of driving.

12. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    and how is the VOLVO working for you Mixo. :p

I got caught once for Speeding.
    Back in the days when people on P Plates had an 80kmph limit in place....so no matter what the top speed allowable was, if you were on "P"s you couldn't do more than 80.

I got caught (according to the Police Officer) doing 183.....so I was only 103Kmph over my limit. [face_clown] [face_shame_on_you]

Problem was, the cops tried to pull over two cars using the same reading for both, so as the first guy went to caught first and they used the reading on him, they couldn't use the same reading on me. I did get fined, and lost me licence.....but that's only fair.

Do a stupid thing...you pay the price.

13. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    I was under the impression that there were a few "new" drivers in here - on thier "P's" etc

At no time did I mean that I was encouraging anybody to speed. My logic was twofold.

1. I know how much it hurts when you get hit with a fine. Especially on 18yo wages.

2. If there is ANYTHING I can do to slow people down any time I'm out on the road with my kids, I'll do it.

I've been pinged a couple of times. The worst was about 100m from my driveway when we were living in Watsonia Road. Between the roundabout and our place I think I worked out that I got stung in about the only ten feet of road I could possibly be speeding (67kph) before slowing down to turn in. Yes I was p'd off but there was really only one word for it .....DUMB!!

Just north of Craigieburn, LVFF? Sounds as if you're just south of me. I'll throw a rock..... let me know if something hits your roof.....

14. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    All good dude, haha I'm pretty sure most of us didn't think you were encouraging us to speed ;) there are a few youths in this forum but if they're anything like PoT they won't get their licence for many years to come..

I've had my confrontations with the law... of the 4 fines I've received in my puny 3+ years of driving only one could be deemed as a little reckless, doing 67 in a 60 zone, but that was the nepean highway.. I got fined $125 for doing 3 k's over the limit which was tight and got done for NOT going through a redlight camera (i tripped the camera because i rolled over the speeding point even tho I was registered as doing under 10km/h and not going anywhere. =$205! argh!!) A good portion of my federal youth allowance money has gone to Bracksy so I suppose there is some sort of good to come out of this... allez Bracks! Listens, Acts.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Hey bracks! Don't bugger up our bay! Hey? yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.